Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: And The Rule Of Three / S01.E08: And The Heart Of Darkness

Episode 07 Synopsis:

When a group of competitive high-school students start undercutting each other with witchcraft, the Librarians have to intercede before disaster destroys them all.

Episode 08 Synopsis:

The Librarians encounter the House behind the legend of ALL haunted houses and set out to destroy it.

I think these were my two favorite episodes of the series so far, especially the first one. I liked the girl who played Amy, and I agree Alicia Witt was good as Morgan Le Fay. We also got more hints about Jenkins, which I'm hopeful will be explored next week (in the 2-hour season finale? Already?). I thought the second episode was quite spooky; made me jump a few times. The girl who played Katie did a good job of creeping me out. 

The cast really seems to be working together well (even Ezekiel didn't bug me this week, although he's never really bothered me that much), which is why I'm sorry we're up to the season finale next week. It's going to interrupt the rapport they're building. But if it comes back next season, I'm in for sure.

Edited by kirinan
  • Love 2

I like that there's a recurring villain now. *And* there's some stuff with Jenkins. Ezekiel was much more of a team player. I figured he'd have some hacking skills. He was nice at the end with the trophy and giving credit to Cassandra for winning the day.

I was surprised that Baird was so meh about the science fair. I figured she'd be kind of a gadget person since she's probably used a lot of advanced tech when she was in law enforcement. I was kind of iffy with Jake telling the kid to go after Amy. I get what he was saying, but it's kind of predatory-ish. Though it was funny when they pretty much acknowledged the unironic cliche. 

I did like that Amy never used the app. One would think the Library would be interested in someone with that kind of character. It would be cool if she recurred or they crossed paths. The "it's my life" line was a little much for me. But this was a good episode. 

• Love 1

So, we're going full circle with Camelot hey? I love the legend of King Arthur, so I love Cal, the crown, Morgan and now the assumption that Jenkins is part of the game too. Did anyone catch the name Morgan Le Fay called Jenkins? I rewound it several times but could never quite catch what she was saying.

I loved these two episodes. The Science Fair was spot on, although the teacher in me is all "how the hell did they get the keys to the auditorium and classroom." All of those rooms would locked down with all extra people in the school. Minor nick-pick though.

It's interesting that you can see how the episodes are playing in different order. Two Ezkiel strong episodes and now two Cassandra strong episodes. I really wish networks wouldn't play with the orders of shows are written in....I know they bumped the Christmas episode once they got The Chin, but I still wouldn't have minded that episode after Christmas.

• Love 2

So, we're going full circle with Camelot hey? I love the legend of King Arthur, so I love Cal, the crown, Morgan and now the assumption that Jenkins is part of the game too. Did anyone catch the name Morgan Le Fay called Jenkins? I rewound it several times but could never quite catch what she was saying.

Yeah, I don't remember what it was, but I googled what came up on the captions and all the wikipedia had was about boats. It didn't have a literary definition

We also got more hints about Jenkins, which I'm hopeful will be explored next week (in the 2-hour season finale? Already?).

Did anyone catch the name Morgan Le Fay called Jenkins? I rewound it several times but could never quite catch what she was saying.

Lucinda/Morgan said to Jenkins: "We both know that's not true, Galeas"

Galeas is also known as Sir Galahad.  Would explain his what seemed like first-hand knowledge of Morgan's acts during the days of Camelot.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galahad

I was surprised that Baird was so meh about the science fair. I figured she'd be kind of a gadget person since she's probably used a lot of advanced tech when she was in law enforcement.

I suppose it's the difference between using advanced tech and knowing how advanced tech works -- no one likes to know how sausage is made, but they do love eating it.  :)

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 3

Liked both of these especially the second.   Were they shown out of order though?  It seems like Cassandra's speech about her tumor and betraying her team should have come a few episodes ago.  Unless they're building to something she'll do in the finale that redeems what she did in the premier to sort of book end that story line (not spoiled just guessing/hoping).

Eve is loosening up a little, ponytail instead of tight bun and jeans because it's her "off" day, it would be nice to see her continue that (the hair makes sense, no pulling, but never could figure out why she'd think a business suit and low heels were good fighting clothes). 

This was like reunion week for Christian Kane.  Alicia Witt's connection isn't direct, more like a roundabout 6 degrees game - she starred as Timothy Hutton's girlfriend in Last Holiday.  The girl who played Katie though was Lea Zawada who also played Molly in the Leverage episode The Carnival Job (kidnapped and was rescued by Elliott)

The girl who played Katie though was Lea Zawada who also played Molly in the Leverage episode The Carnival Job (kidnapped and was rescued by Elliott)

I was wondering why she looked so familiar.  I at first thought she was the hunter in training from Supernatural but wasn't sure.  I was also too lazy to look up who she was.  

I enjoyed both episodes.  The last time I'd seen Alicia Witt was in Justified so it took me a second or two to recognize her.  I don't know whether I enjoyed one episode over the other, both had some nice character background bits.  I did have a chuckle over the "evil app" premise.  The haunted house episode was suitably creepy, especially Katie.  I wondered when the house spirit healed Baird if it could have healed Cassie.

Still don't give a crap who Jenkins is.

• Love 1

Liked both of these especially the second.   Were they shown out of order though?  It seems like Cassandra's speech about her tumor and betraying her team should have come a few episodes ago.  Unless they're building to something she'll do in the finale that redeems what she did in the premier to sort of book end that story line (not spoiled just guessing/hoping).

I don't know about that - it would be nice - but yes, they were shown out of order. Did she actually say, though, that the team didn't trust her because she betrayed them? I thought she said they didn't trust her because she had a tumor. That said, mathlete Cassandra was a nice bit of insight into her whispery little inner rage monster. Just, grownup clothes, please.

I've got my fingers crossed for Eve and Jacob character development in the season ender.

WTF is with Cassandra’s wardrobe? She’s supposed to be a grown woman, the shorts with tights outfits she wears every episode are ridiculous.

And not particularly flattering on the actress either.  I keep thinking she's super short and a bit hippy, but IRL she's neither.

Her temper tantrum in the show about the haunted house really stunk up the joint and considering the joint has Rebecca Romijin in it, that's pretty bad.

Jones doesn't bother me other than his first name. 

• Love 1

In fairness, my daughter doesn't either. We had a long argument about it last night during the commercials. She said that's how everyone she knows dresses. I just think that since everyone she knows is a teenager attending a bohemian liberal arts college, that may be a problem.

• Love 1

I loved these two episodes. The Science Fair was spot on, although the teacher in me is all "how the hell did they get the keys to the auditorium and classroom." All of those rooms would locked down with all extra people in the school. Minor nick-pick though.

There were a couple doors in my school you could get open just by bumping them with your hip.  It was a year before the teachers realized it.  Just tell yourself the school had shoddy maintenance ;)

WTF is with Cassandra’s wardrobe? She’s supposed to be a grown woman, the shorts with tights outfits she wears every episode are ridiculous.

My theory is that she pissed off someone in wardrobe and now they're making her pay.  It's annoying me less and less though.  Instead of yelling at the TV now I just sigh heavily and shake my head in disgust.

This was like reunion week for Christian Kane.  Alicia Witt's connection isn't direct, more like a roundabout 6 degrees game - she starred as Timothy Hutton's girlfriend in Last Holiday.  The girl who played Katie though was Lea Zawada who also played Molly in the Leverage episode The Carnival Job (kidnapped and was rescued by Elliott)

Thank you!  I thought it was the same girl but it wasn't showing up on her imdb page.  I didn't think she did that great of a job on Leverage (which is understandable since it was her first time acting if I remember right) but I thought she was great in this.  She went from traumatized to psychotic really well.  

I liked these two episodes a lot.  I was expecting the haunted house episode to be a retread of something Supernatural had already done since they've already done every ghosty there is to do.  But there were a lot of nice twists in this episode.  I liked that the villain went from murderers in the house, to a haunted house, to an unseen ghost, to a shadow ghost, to a psychotic girl, to a psychotic ghost-girl and a pissed off wish-granting house.  And I liked the subtle way the objects (shoes, Rosemary's pram, etc.) kept appearing and disappearing without the characters noticing or discussing it for as long as they did.  

Jones was so much more likable this week too.  It was a nice balance between cocky and helpful, normal, and even thoughtful.  And I liked the scene between him and Stone in the dollhouse.  He was annoying enough to piss of Stone but not so annoying that I wanted Stone to punch him.  If I was trapped in a wish-granting house I'd probably ask for beer and cookies too.

Edited by cassandle
  • Love 5

I too thought Cassandra was being all pissy when Eve told her to watch Katie.  Eve was right, she needed Stone's fighting skills and Ezekiel's sneakiness.  Her math skills were not going to be put to much use in a haunted house or going after a murderer.  True, Cassandra was able to finally defeat Katie, but only because Cassandra was already closer to her own death than the others.  Going to have to rewatch this episode to understand it a bit more the whole bit with how the house worked and how Cassandra was able to defeat her.

Glad someone was able to understand what Morgan called Jenkins, since I thought I heard something completely different.  The pieces are starting to fall into place as to who is who.  I still think Judson may be either Arthur or Merlin.  I say Arthur only because Jenkins spouted some line about Judson being more adventurous and trying to 'save the princess' or some such (which sounded like saving Gueneviere).

Sometimes, little things really bug me.  Like the opening sequence of 3 where the high school student is getting ready in his room, starts to feel paralyzed, calls out to his dad, who can't come in because the door's locked.  I mean really, the door's locked?  Who would do that in the middle of rushing around in the morning to get ready for the school science fair?  Not that it would have mattered, but it just seemed silly.

I'm sortof guessing that this episode was shot third (after the two episode pilot) or at least earlier and planned on being shown around Halloween, with the Santa episode still slated for Christmas, but later in the series.  That is, had the series started in early to mid October, which is when I think it was originally supposed to start.

My theory is that she pissed off someone in wardrobe and now they're making her pay.

I was wondering the same thing about Rebecca Romijn. In the science fair episode, I don't think any other outfit could have done more to say that she's out of shape. Actually, I don't mind how Cassandra dresses; what I dislike is her strange compulsion to tell people about her tumor every week.

Alicia Witt just gets hotter and hotter with time.  She looked amazing in that green dress, and I thought she did a great job as Morgan Le Fay.

I was particularly impressed with the way she conveyed that she wasn't who she claimed to be when she gave that short speech at the start.

If I was trapped in a wish-granting house I'd probably ask for beer and cookies too.

Except that when making wishes it's generally a good idea to be specific about what you want.

Yes, Amy was played by the actress who played Sin on Arrow. I did a double take when I saw her. I almost didn't recognize her without the leather jacket.

I am interested in where they are going with Jenkins. Who is he and how is he connected to Morgan and the head of Serpent Brotherhood?

I really enjoyed the science fair episode, except for a few nagging details. First off, I'm not quite okay with how unconcerned the team seems with Jones' casual thieving. The rest of the team aren't criminals, so why the blase attitude towards Jones using their headquarters as a getaway from the cops with stolen art tucked under his arm? Cassandra knows what it means to win or lose a trophy in a fair like that, and she's not the sort of unethical person to steal one. So I would expect her reaction to Jones stealing a trophy for her to be more "That's sweet!... Now give it back to the person who actually won it," rather than, "Oh goody! A trophy for me!" For that reason, I was also disappointed that the "judges" chose to award the prize to volcano kid, who obviously didn't deserve it, compared with all the other amazing projects that had been created. Unless they chose him because he was the only one who didn't try to use witchcraft to cheat? But if that was the case, I wish they had been clearer about it, rather than seeming to tank the thing for the heck of it. I would expect Cassandra, after her rant about how crucial the win would be to the future careers of the participants, to choose a project that was genuinely impressive out of respect for the process.

And, unfortunately, this was the second episode in a row that left me scratching my head at the resolution. Last week it was Jones' magic time-freezing coin, and this week, Baird is using the Faraday Cage to protect the kids, then suddenly she's "between the seconds" with Morgana, and then she's... gone back in time? To volcano kid's demonstration? So, did the "blowback" undo the events of the fair after that point? But it can't have, because Amy's project was still disqualified. And if they DID want us to believe that all the magical attacks had been reversed and the timeline altered as a result, then why was fifth-alternate volcano kid even there? He wouldn't have been, if the magic was undone. I'm a big fan of "show, don't tell," but I wish they had actually explained what happened, because the events shown made zero sense.

As for the second episode, I mostly enjoyed it a lot, but I'm finding it hard to form an objective opinion since it reminds me so strongly of the book "The Shining Girls" by Lauren Beukes, about a serial killer who finds a house that can travel through time and uses it to stalk his victims throughout history, and the would-be victim who miraculously survives and begins to figure out his game and hunt him back. Besides that, I enjoyed the episode, but still found the logic to be a bit weak. If the house was designed to meet people's needs, then wouldn't Katie's other victims' NEED to survive have outweighed her "wish" to kill them, especially if the house wanted her to fail all along? But I guess I can handwave it, because overall it was pretty solid.

• Love 1
All of those rooms would locked down with all extra people in the school.

"Hey, thief..."

I mean really, the door's locked?

I assumed that was the spell making things difficult.

Now give it back to the person who actually won it

It's not clear that Jones took the trophy from a winner.  I have a feeling a lot of trophies didn't get handed out.

The science fair episode was awesome.  Very reminiscent of a Buffy The Vampire Slayer episode--and I mean that in the very best of ways.  I'm actually going to go out on a limb and say it was a bit of an homage.  I'd like to see Amy again, but she also bugged me in a "where have I seen her before?" kind of way. 

And the haunted house episode?  Seriously spooky.  Seriously.  That scene where Ezekiel (?) was wandering through the nursery, and there were all those pairs of shoes stacked up against the wall?  Whoa baby,  That creeped me out to no end.  And it was just offered as one single camera shot, no explanation, and Ezekiel didn't even seem to notice them laying there.  The red cowboy boots though, reminded me of HIMYM, so that pulled me out of the spook spiral I was in, or I might have had to change the channel.  Nicely done episode...  Bring me more.

• Love 3

Finally caught these last few episodes.  Of the two, I liked the science fair episode the best.  Loved the continued oddball casting; this time with Alicia Witt as Morgan Le Fey (can't say most people would have Morgan be played by a redhead with a Southern accent!).  And it was great seeing Sin from Arrow again as Amy.  I liked that Amy played a big part in helping them out in the end.  And more hints about Jenkins and who he really is.  And the idea that Baird might have to sacrifice some battles to win the war.  Plus, evil app!

The haunted house episode wasn't as good, but the actress playing Katie was perfectly creepy. I totally just saw her episode of Leverage a few days ago, so that was pretty fun.  But, it kind of predictable: knew Katie was going to be evil, and I knew Cassandra was going to save the day, after Baird kept marginalizing her. 

I have noticed that we've gotten some development for Cassandra and Ezekiel these past few episodes and the Christmas episode went into Baird's back-story a decent amount, but I feel like we really haven't gotten anything with Jake.  All I know about him is that he likes art and worked on an oil rig.  It's like they feel like the other three need development, but the Christian Kane factor is enough for Jake to be liked.  Which, may not be too far off...

In fairness, my daughter doesn't either. We had a long argument about it last night during the commercials. She said that's how everyone she knows dresses. I just think that since everyone she knows is a teenager attending a bohemian liberal arts college, that may be a problem.

I'm nearly 30 and her outfits are things I would wear.

I think it's that she's essentially wearing a very odd uniform of skirts/shorts and colored tights and the fact that she rarely deviates that make it so weird. 

For that reason, I was also disappointed that the "judges" chose to award the prize to volcano kid, who obviously didn't deserve it, compared with all the other amazing projects that had been created. Unless they chose him because he was the only one who didn't try to use witchcraft to cheat?

I assumed that's why. They could have been clearer about it though.

I was jarred by the house episode. The plot and everything was good, but the whole Cassandra "I don't want to be sidelined" was off. Since they all worked together well at the stem fair, and she spearheaded the problem. Obviously, this was out of order. Why even do that?

I didn't see the twist coming. I was like, 'why is this girl so melofdramatic? she's totally over acting.' Clearly, that was part of her act, so that should have tipped me off. I like the plot, but being out of order put me off. 

but I feel like we really haven't gotten anything with Jake.

According to Rogers' blog, his centric episode is next.

The plot and everything was good, but the whole Cassandra "I don't want to be sidelined" was off. Since they all worked together well at the stem fair, and she spearheaded the problem. Obviously, this was out of order. Why even do that?

Again, according to Rogers' blog, the house episode was supposed to be earlier.  The episodes got re-ordered a bit when (1) they had to move the Christmas episode up; (2) they had only 7 weeks to show 10 episodes, so had to double up and rearrange a bit; (3) they had to stick the Flynn return episode a bit earlier than originally intended due to (1) and (2).

Count me in as another person bugged by Cassandra's wardrobe. I am not sure if they are trying to make her younger looking or cute so we will like her character more. Whatever the reason I still do not like her character. The constant mentioning of her tumor is not swaying me either, guses I am a hard ass.

• Love 1
Again, according to Rogers' blog, the house episode was supposed to be earlier.  The episodes got re-ordered a bit when (1) they had to move the Christmas episode up; (2) they had only 7 weeks to show 10 episodes, so had to double up and rearrange a bit; (3) they had to stick the Flynn return episode a bit earlier than originally intended due to (1) and (2).

I wonder what the original order should have been. I've have my guess (I want to do a rewatch before the season finale so I have everything straight in my head), but I'm curious if I'm right.

I know Cassandra is hit or miss with some people but I really liked her in both these episodes. I don't give a crap about wardrobe and I often come to sites and hear people laugh about someone's clothes and I think what clothes's?

Cassandra was great these last two episodes and I thought she really found her stride.

If it is true and this episode is out of order I think it would go before the episode where Baird tells her that Jake Stone Will come around. Baird hasn't come around to trusting her yet but she has in.that episode which I think is the fairytale one.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 2

Ok, for those interested.  Here is the intended order (with some info) as stated by Rogers on his blog:

1. & 2.)  Crown/Stone: Re-establish the mythology, set up the characters and the return of magic.
3.)  Horns of a Dilemma (aired 3rd): Being the team's journey to learn to work together. Badly.  Oh, and the back door. Somewhat Baird-y, but we tagged all the relationships.
4.) Fables of Doom (aired 6th): Team still not working together great, Ezekiel-centric.
5.) Heart of Darkness (aired 8th): Still spiky, addresses everyone's relationship with Cassandra.
6.) Santa (aired 4th): Team working better together, bonding over Christmas, Eve-centric.
7.) Apple of Discord (aired 5th): Bring Flynn back, which eats a lot of show, and round-robin through how the team has changed.
8.) City of Light: Big Stone episode. (Will air 9th)
9.) Rule of Three (aired 7th): Very much a team episode, although some juicy Jenkins goodness in here
10.) Loom of Fate: (10th) - season finale (or half-season, depending)

----

So instead of a progression of fumbling beginning and eventually working together very well, we had work together badly, working better, good work, not work, great work, and back to so-so work.  Looks like the next two will have the group working together pretty well, since these two were intended for later air originally, although City of Light might still seem a tad regressed compared to Rule of Three.

Edited by Hanahope
  • Love 5

Thanks Hanahope -- I was pretty close (I originally had "Heart of Darkness" before "Fables of Doom" and "Apple of Discord" before the Christmas ep, and of course I didn't know aobut "City of Light" yet), so this is good to know.

I think the writers are trying to make Cassandra the Manic Pixie Dream Girl which explains her clothing and dialogue. I would love for Amy to become a kind of Librarian apprentice or recurring at least. If Jenkins is Galahad, I really hope the theory that Dulac is Lancelot is wrong. That would make Jenkins his son! But if Dulac is Mordred, he's Morgan's son. I simultaneously can't wait for next Sunday but am sad the show is over so soon... Oh yeah, I'd kill to be as "out of shape" as Rebecca Romijn!

• Love 2
I knew Cassandra was going to save the day, after Baird kept marginalizing her.

Me, too, but I expected it to be by pattern recognition, rather than being all "I spit on your angel of death fantasy" rage monster.

we really haven't gotten anything with Jake

There was his talk with Amy's Goth suitor about wearing costumes, at least.

Me, too, but I expected it to be by pattern recognition, rather than being all "I spit on your angel of death fantasy" rage monster.

But that made sense.   She has every right to be angry and her anger is cannon.   Which is why the episodes out of order do make sense.    "My anger is greater and longer then your anger, bitch!"  "You think you know hate....I have hated since I was nine years old and they told me I was going to die..  I am death."    Make perfect sense to and this episode has made her character make perfect sense to me.  She is equal hyper smart pixie (which everyone on this board seems to hate by I actually like) and angry angel of death.  

• Love 2

She is equal hyper smart pixie (which everyone on this board seems to hate by I actually like) and angry angel of death.  

Only speaking for myself, because speaking for other people is problematic, I don't dislike her because she's hyper smart. I have major issues with the fact that she made a deliberate, and selfish, choice which has brought about a fair amount of destruction, pain and death, and she not only isn't apologetic, she's actively petulant that people are tacky enough to keep bringing it up. JMO, if she gave some indication that she knew she was wrong to decide that the whole world was less important than her personal damage, perhaps people would trust her not to do it again?

All of which would bother me less if it weren't that Eve, our POV character, seems to be agreeing with her, which leads me to doubt her judgment. I'm not sure the show can afford that.

I think Cassandra's clothing choices are grossly age-inappropriate, but that's so obviously an audience-directed production choice that I don't like the character less for it. I just wish they'd stop.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2
I have major issues with the fact that she made a deliberate, and selfish, choice which has brought about a fair amount of destruction, pain and death, and she not only isn't apologetic, she's actively petulant that people are tacky enough to keep bringing it up.

But she also did apologize and then used her one chance to save herself to save someone else and yet no one is acknowledging that.  Cassandra did a bad thing and is trying to make up for it but bringing it up over and over again is tacky. in my opinion at least.   Now if she still showed that behavior which she isn't that's another matter.  She isn't Ezekiel Jones who hasn't shown any character growth at all and is showing the same behavior since episode one.  He is still the same selfish ass he always was.  Cassandra made a mistake a horrible terrible bad mistake but it was just a mistake.  

• Love 1

Can't disagree with a thing said about the wonderful Christian Kane. His acting ability, comic timing and marvelous facial expressions have made him an important part of The Librarians. I'm just sorry he's been sidelined for Cassandra all the time. Enough, already!

Christian Kane brings his own magic to each and every project he is in.. and to his music as well.. Jake Stone is no exception! He has the most expressive face! and those expressions are just priceless. Hoping when/if the get a second season they will bring Jake Stone more to the fore front more often than they have so far.. I do believe they are all getting better with each show! and ooh hoping they will also let Jake have a hidden musical talent and he gets to sing on future shows as well so fingers crossed for many more episodes!

This episode was awesome!! Full of twists, turns and loopdeeloops!! This show is FANTABULOUS!!  They just get better and better....and all the little innuendos!! Man oh Man this is an excellent puzzle :) Sometimes you have to watch it again and again...and again LOL to get all the little pieces! Which is a wonderful thing hahaa In the words of #ChristianKane "Let’s lose ourselves a bit, let’s go into a fantasy world, sit down on the couch and crack open a beer and forget about the day, wash away the work week. Lose yourself and let yourself be entertained."  Wonderfully splendid way to "lose yourself" for an hour ;) or two or three LOL Season 2 here we come! And quickly cuz I feel a panic attack coming on...no wait...it's withdrawal...need a #TheLibrarians fix...PHEW one more week and another 2fer!! ;)

• Love 1

This is definitely my favorite article written about The Librarians so far. You absolutely described Christian Kane perfectly. You even mentioned that he likes to twirl things (which made me laugh as it is so true). Christian Kane is such an amazing actor. He definitely makes any role completely his own. I love that you also gave props to his fans (called Kaniacs - which you will need to know for future articles). You are right that we like Christian Kane is anything and everything he is in. You will find that Kaniacs will buy a DVD just to watch Christian even if he only has one scene or very few scenes. Also, have you heard him sing? You should definitely check his music out. There really is nothing he cannot do. Oh yeah - he cooks too and has filmed a cooking show called Kane's Kitchen. Thank you for making me smile today!

With the appearance of Morgan le Fay, I think we are definitely headed for an Arthurian showdown in the finale. Yay!! I am definitely looking forward to it.

I wish they hadn't aired the episodes out of order because this definitely felt a bit off, but my husband and I had a laugh over Jones telling the truth: "this is the point where the guy in the movie says get out of the house!" Hahaha. But this episode was super creepy.

• Love 1

Re: Jenkins' name: I didn't hear "Galaes", I heard "deLance" and was diverted for several moments by thinking of John Delancie or Q showing up in the library.

I did hear "Galaes" but had no idea that was another name for Galahad.

I had no idea the shows were aired out of order - but it explains a lot about the group dynamics which are different each episode. I've never understood why powers that be mess with the order - it's like they don't want a show to succeed or something.

There really is nothing he cannot do. Oh yeah - he cooks too and has filmed a cooking show called Kane's Kitchen.

That reminded me of the Leverage episode where his character took over as a chef (sushi, I'm thinking??) Made me smile.

Edited by clanstarling

I've never understood why powers that be mess with the order - it's like they don't want a show to succeed or something.

Since they were running two episodes at a time, they could have been pairing up a longer episode with a shorter one to make the ads fit easier. Put the longer ads in with the shorter episode and both run an hour without having to cut more from the longer.