Type keyword(s) to search

The Suggestion Box: How to Make This Show Suck Less

Wings
  • Start Topic

They need to stop pulling leads from the former contestants because most of these people now come on the show in the hopes of getting the next lead and not for the lead they are competing for. Hell, even a good portion of viewers are now watching to see who the next lead will be as much as who is going to "win". Maybe some fresh blood will bring a better class of contestant because the last few batches were bargain basement attractive.  

And go back to ending each ep with a rose ceremony. A cliffhanger isn't going to get more people coming back or more people talking. We are watching so stop with that crap. I like the comfort of ending with a rose ceremony, ending each ep with someone(s) getting the boot. I do agree, though, that they don't need to be so freaking formal. I think one recent season they did a pool party instead of the cocktail party. That was nice.

And let the lead tell someone to fuck off if they come and try to interrupt (over and over). As a viewer I find it as annoying as the lead probably does. You're just getting to know someone and you have to go off with another person. It's not fun to watch, at least not for me. Who knows, others might love the bitchiness it creates. I think there are plenty of other places the bitchiness will come out so we don't need the interruption schtick.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, backformore said:

I say the show would be improved if they didn't have all the cocktail parties/rose ceremonies in evening gowns.  It gets old.  The format needs changing up.  Also - the producers need to stop casting the show with "characters"  who have roles to play.  Let everyone be themselves, allow the drama to be organic and authentic.  Manufactured drama is transparent.    They need to decide - is this a fairy tale happy-ever-after show?  Or is it a tawdry, messy reality show where the aim is to have people embarrass themselves?  you can't have both. 

I agree with all the posts!  I vote for tawdry mess, Cinderella can't undo her wedding night.  I say film like you say and add in him/her seeing the "real" people.

3 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

And let the lead tell someone to fuck off if they come and try to interrupt (over and over). As a viewer I find it as annoying as the lead probably does.

I am all for this!  Can we keep the term reinterrupter?

As a new watcher and long time critic, I agree with most of what was said, especially about choosing people who have never been on before.   I am trying to understand and there are multiple posts about somebody from another season, or how someone acted when they were on the show or multiple shows before.  It would be nice for people to come in with no baggage.  I watched an episode and a half last year and the "unlovable" because of a previous season was too much.  I am already tired of hearing about how Nick acted on his numerous appearances.  Give other people a chance.

It is way to manipulative and overproduced.  They would probably have more real drama if they just let things happen.  I would guess that more than 1/2 of the viewers hate watch to talk about the contestants.  I am trying to  like the show, but they all seem to be characters, and as I read the boards it is the same "character" every year. Now everyone thinks they have to  play a role to be interesting.  I read descriptions and for long time watchers it has to be deja vu , same story, different face.   Every time  I find myself even for one minute liking something about a contestant something happens where I realize I am being manipulated.   The "tragic" backstory, the wild child, the "girl next door," the Southern Belle. " 

Choose dates that are romantic.   I fast forwarded through most of the photo shoot it was so creepy, and I did not watch the second date at all. 

Yes, it is a reality show, so off someone at the end we don't need a continuation of a cringeworthy episode. 

• Love 1

OK - stop with the scripted entrances -  the sex jokes about plowing, landing strips, and not wearing underwear.  Whoever writes this crap should be fired.  And the ZANY entrances - coming in on a horse, camel, or in a cupcake, wearing a costume, all that crap - it's not the women arranging it, it's the producers.  Stop under-estimating your audience, and let us see some authenticity, not scripted set-ups.

At least in the beginning weeks. each contestant should get 10 minutes, or 15, whatever, with the lead.   Forget the constant  "can I steal  you?"   JUST when they're getting to know each other.   Shy people are worth knowing.  Just because they lack the courage to interrupt and demand time, it doesn't mean they have no personality and can't  be loved. 

• Love 5
15 hours ago, backformore said:

the producers need to stop casting the show with "characters"  who have roles to play.  Let everyone be themselves, allow the drama to be organic and authentic.  

I'm completely with you on this.  I didn't see the 1st season in real time & watched for the 1st time when it was up on ABC's web site (it still might be), and I could not believe the difference.  The contestants were allowed to be themselves.  There was someone who was on who some of the ladies accused of being a "wrong reasons" person, but they didn't really harp on it, or on her.  Also, we actually saw them eat real food at dinner (imagine that)!

11 hours ago, jumper sage said:

Can we keep the term reinterrupter?

I half expected Corinne to say "If she's going to reinterrupt, then I'm going to deinterrupt!"  Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the label maker being regifted & degifted :)

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I half expected Corinne to say "If she's going to reinterrupt, then I'm going to deinterrupt!"  Reminded me of the Seinfeld episode with the label maker being regifted & degifted :)

Once again I love the cultural retro reference.  I can't wait to use reinterrupt at the next family do.  We have a baptism in a couple of weeks and being my big old Italian family you know I will have many instances where I can employ the term.  Can't wait!

• Love 1
On 1/12/2017 at 10:33 AM, ByTor said:

Lol! Then wait behind a potted plant for someone to interrupt someone else, but right before the interrupter gets there, jump out and preinterrupt!

• Love 6