Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E01: Loser Like Me / S06.E02: Homecoming

Cranberry

Well, to be fair, everyone left commenting on this show (at least 99.999% of us) is complaining about someone or something. On account of the crapfest, don't cha know.

If you're not complaining there's some other sort of problem going on. This show is a giant mess. Which one offends you most is totally up for grabs, but if you think this is the perfect example of television given forth by the gods it's time for some professional help.

The fact that all the males cry out in public/private at one point or another, Sam sat in a room full of people and cry because Mercedes was breaking-up with him, but most people don't even point that out or see him as weak and pathetic. But Kurt does the same thing, and people call him out for it. That is saying something.

Well, Kurt has the distinction of "defining" as gay, and not the post-modern kind. /sarcasm

Well, Kurt has the distinction of "defining" as gay, and not the post-modern kind. /sarcasm

Has Kurt ever had a single plot that wasn't about him being gay? I think the show has a lot of fail to absorb here as they never let him out of that box. That new kid is trying to escape that box with his fists seems a separate stupid issue they also need to drop. If they gave any gay kid on the show a story that wasn't about being gay, this would be a far, far better show than it is.

• Love 1

Actually Sam cried breaking up with Both Mercedes AND Brittany, he cried about his body issues, he cried about his family situations, about Finn, etc. Hell he cries probably as much as Will Schuester and that is saying something.

• Love 2

Just because someone is able to hold themselves together long enough to go cry at home doesn't mean they are stronger than someone who have reach a point in which they can't hold their emotions long enough to do that.

I'd have to disagree.

Rachel broke down crying on the street (so in public even) after they threw her out of the filming studio grounds. Is she weak and pathetic too?

I'm just sick of this show making reasons for Kurt to do the pretty crying. Can we move on from that? Chris whines on and on about having to play happy too much, but I'm sick to death of his weepy cry face. Move the fuck on. We've all seen him cry over everything from daddy is dying to your boytoy cheated to whatever the this is with the guy you think is your soulmate doing the guy who used to threaten to kill you. Whatever. Been there. Done that. Move on. Same old is same old no matter which emotion it is.

I'd take Chris weepy cry face any day over Darren's attempt at dramatic acting in this episode, brrrr.

And it's not like Kurt was crying over a broken fingernail each time. As you pointed out yourself: almost dead father, bf cheating, and now his ex dating the bully that threatened to kill him. If he hadn't cried at some point during all that he'd seriously needed to see a therapist a lot sooner.

Although I too wish they would stop kicking Kurt in the balls every other episode (and still the last time he cried before this episode was early season 4).

Blaine cried then too. Now also in a restaurant - a public place in the presence of other patrons. But nobody is finding fault with that, apparently.

And Blaine also cried and broke down several times in the episodes following that, being oh so sad that Kurt wouldn't forgive him right after he cheated, but now he himself will of course never forgive Kurt for breaking up, and even lashes out at him at the first chance he gets to get back at him. What a prince charming.

The fact that all the males cry out in public/private at one point or another, Sam sat in a room full of people and cry because Mercedes was breaking-up with him, but most people don't even point that out or see him as weak and pathetic. But Kurt does the same thing, and people call him out for it. That is saying something.

This.

Edited by Glorfindel

Kurt trying to get into NYADA.

Coping with Blaine's cheating.

Trying to start a band in NY.

His dad's cancer wasn't gay IIRC.

If anything, the nice thing once he moved to NY was that things stopped being about the effeminate gay. Or even gay, in the city it was almost irrelevant other than intervening in that gay bashing.

Not a coincidence that going back to fucking Lima the show dogs him with the perception of defining himself as gay by an asshole gay jock.

Now I do agree that Kurt assuming they had something in common so he should recruit him for Glee because they were both gay was flawed, but then again I don't think he expected Spencer to be such an asshole about it. I love how suddenly in McKinley in just 2 years a new generation of power gays have no problems or solidarity with other gays at all. Kurt wasn't exactly rude for all his assumptions. Reminds me of a friend of mine who went up to the only other black student in his class and got promptly chewed out for assuming they had anything in common. As my friend said, an asshole is an asshole.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

Has Kurt ever had a single plot that wasn't about him being gay? I think the show has a lot of fail to absorb here as they never let him out of that box. That new kid is trying to escape that box with his fists seems a separate stupid issue they also need to drop. If they gave any gay kid on the show a story that wasn't about being gay, this would be a far, far better show than it is.

I don't think Burt's heart attack or Kurt's trying to get into NYADA had much to do with his sexuality, and the relationship trials and tribulations with Blaine weren't particularly driven by their sexuality either.

• Love 1

I don't think Burt's heart attack or Kurt's trying to get into NYADA had much to do with his sexuality, and the relationship trials and tribulations with Blaine weren't particularly driven by their sexuality either.

I can remember only 4 stories that had to do with him being gay: Karofsky bullying him, coming out to his father, Bieste and Artie saying he is not masculine enough to play a straight male character and the bashing in NY. 

I might be wrong in my count because I didn't really watch S4 but I don't see that as ALL his story being about him being gay. People might think that because that's the only thing they pay attention to when it comes to him but that's not what I have seen on my screen. 

• Love 1

I can remember only 4 stories that had to do with him being gay: Karofsky bullying him, coming out to his father, Bieste and Artie saying he is not masculine enough to play a straight male character and the bashing in NY. 

I might be wrong in my count because I didn't really watch S4 but I don't see that as ALL his story being about him being gay. People might think that because that's the only thing they pay attention to when it comes to him but that's not what I have seen on my screen. 

I don't even remember was Kurt beat up for being gay or beat up for intervening?

^For intervening, although one of those guys who beat him up apparently immediately recognized Kurt as gay too (he said something like "Look, there's another one" IIRC).

Kurt trying to get into NYADA.
Coping with Blaine's cheating.
Trying to start a band in NY.
His dad's cancer wasn't gay IIRC.

Also 'Wheels' and all the other times he fought for a solo in ND. Which I personally consider more of Kurt being stuck in a box, by Mr. Shue,  Rachel, and by extension RIB.

Oh, and Vogue. And I I really don't think his father getting a heart attack (and cancer, wtf) had anything to do with Kurt being gay either.

Plus I have to wonder:

Do we count Kurt's relationships stuff as 'gay' storylines too? Because if so: that is opening quite another can of worms.

Edited by Glorfindel

I think the bullying arc has stayed with people because it wasn't resolved in a single episode like the coming out, so that it seems the show has always given Kurt "gay" stories. His NYC SL until Bash had nothing to do with his sexuality unless we count that he dates guys instead of girls (as in the Adam arc) as a "gay" SL which I don't. Maybe Prom Queen and the Finn crush (because of the "faggy" comment)..Also about relinquishing Sam as a duet partner because association with gay Kurt would damage Sam's reputation. 

Adding to to non-gay stories:

Defecting to the Cheerios (S1)

Fighting for solos (S 1-3)

The pact with Rachel to pursue NYADA (S3) 

The student council campaign (against any bullying, not gay bullying) (S3)

Vogue internship (S4)

The June story (I don't think June objected to Kurt because of the kind of gay he is, she just didn't like him) (S5)

The retirement home Peter Pan (S5)

Doing well in NYADA in S5 (when it was made into a Klaine conflict)

Competing with Rachel for Midnight Madness (S4)

Anything to do with the romantic side of Klaine (and not alpha gay vs. effeminate gay) or with whom he's attracted to isn't a "gay" story but a romantic story. 

I'd say, the bottom line is that most of his stories have been about his artistic and career pursuits, romance, and his dad.

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I loved the scene with Matt and the baby.  And, of course, the baby has Emma's red hair, so very extremely cute.

I also loved having one of Rachel's dad in the story.  I have been so frustrated with the lack of seeing her dads, or one of her dads, throughout her storyline-especially the opening of Funny Girl or in discussing whether to quit the show for a t.v. pilot.  

So much of the premiere was enjoyable.  However, it so saddens me that the original glee club isn't able to move beyond high school.  The saddest thing for me at the only high school reunion that I ever attended was that high school was the high point for so many of my classmates.  I feel that way about the show.  All of these fine young people and yet they are back at high school at the drop of a hat.  At least Puck is still in the Air Force so he has a career.  I liked seeing them all in the episode, but the storyline is sad.

I am interested in seeing how the story goes for this final season.  I want lots of good music and fun.  I also want happy endings for all of the characters.  Yes, I'm super tired of Becky, but even she deserves a happy ending.

• Love 1

Wow, I'm surprised  at how much I liked those episodes, especially the second one. The new Glee members are interesting and there were great lines/jokes. Also, I enjoyed most songs.

Imo, the show knows Spencer's attitude can be seen as problematic. He doesn't want to be defined by his sexual orientation? Perfect. But there was also some vibe of "I don't have any problems so why would I want to fight?" and I'm guessing he's got a lesson on solidarity coming. Anyway, I liked him. 

Karofsky/Blaine felt all kinds of wrong. 

Have to admit that after the way the tail end of season five went, I didn't have high hopes for Ryan Murphy's ability to get beyond his ego and arrogance and try to recapture the feeling that made Glee such a hit and joy to watch in its earlier days. I think that he partially redeemed himself with last night's shows. The old gang coming back was nice and some of the musical numbers were very good, especially Jane's rendition of Janelle Monae's Tightrope, one hell of a great song. The new guy's Mustang Sally was also excellent. The boy's got a gravelly, soulful voice that was perfect for the number. Having three very good looking, sexy ladies singing backup behind wasn't too shabby either. I am puzzled by one thing however. Is Airman First Class Noah Puckerman of the USAF ever actually on duty anywhere in this country? He seems to able to show up at any place other than an Air Force Base at will. The Air Force must be a much better gig than most of us think.

With all the racist, effemiphobic, misogynistic, body- and slut-shaming, and Lord knows how many other slurs and insults Sue said over the years, I still  really didn't like her fat-shaming students and putting them in a 'pig pen'. I mean...WTH?

Glee is all about caring for the underdogs, right.

But then again: there was a time, way back in season 1, when a scene like that would be considered funny and perfect black comedy. Before RIB started throwing PSA's at us.

Which is another reason why, even though 'Homecoming' was definitely very enjoyable and felt like 'old Glee' we can never actually have that 'old Glee' again, unless you conveniently forget everything that happened in the last 2-3 seasons.

On another note: I took a look on tumblr and I admit it's very nice to see new gifs and stills of most of the old characters together again. Glee seems to finally acknowledge where a lot of the initial success and strength of this show came from: the chemistry of the original cast.

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 1

With all the racist, effemiphobic, misogynistic, body- and slut-shaming, and Lord knows how many other slurs and insults Sue said over the years, I still  really didn't like her fat-shaming students and putting them in a 'pig pen'. I mean...WTH?

Sue is an absurdist character, who's also the antagonist. She's been absurd all along. But I can see how that has grown old. I personally chuckled a few times while she was on screen. While Becky, that's another story. 

• Love 1

Sue is an absurdist character, who's also the antagonist. She's been absurd all along. But I can see how that has grown old. I personally chuckled a few times while she was on screen. While Becky, that's another story. 

I actually chuckled a few times too because of Sue (the hounds, lol), but still this one thing stood out to me as just being too much. Maybe it was the comparing overweight kids with pigs, idk.

Becky is absolutely horrible, she's in my top 3 of characters I hate (with Blaine and Brittany). What all these 3 characters have in common is that they get away with all the crap they pull every time.

I used to like Becky in season 1, but now I shudder every time Becky's on screen (nothing against her actress though).

• Love 1
Sue is an absurdist character, who's also the antagonist. She's been absurd all along. But I can see how that has grown old. I personally chuckled a few times while she was on screen.

I had to look up what a fleshlight was, and it's pretty messed up to actually have as a plot point, a high school principal trying to bribe one of her students with a sex toy.  If you don't view Sue as just an absurd person, she'd be horrifying. 

I used to like Becky in season 1, but now I shudder every time Becky's on screen (nothing against her actress though).

I think I might tell her to speak to the wardrobe people.  Those pants they had her in, when she was doing announcements were extremely unflattering. 

Edited by txhorns79

That really bothered me too, more than the other horrible things she said or did. Too far in my opinion, and not the least bit funny.

• Love 1

I'm ambivalent about Spencer.  In my mind, a post-gay character would be someone who comes out as gay with no drama and gets nearly complete acceptance from the people around them.  Compare real world actors, athletes, politicians, etc. who publically come out by just casually mentioning their same-sex partners in conversation.  I don't think Glee has shown a fully well-adjusted gay character yet.  Kurt was in denial at first.  Blaine got bullied out of his original high school.  Karofsky had major issues.  Santana was also in denial.  I have no idea why Brittany is ever thinking.  Maybe Adam Lambert's character?  But he was barely given any characterization.  So it's refreshing to see Spencer who just accepts himself for who he is with no need for a coming-out story.  And I can understand why he was annoyed that Kurt was the one to try and recruit him for the glee club.  Personality wise, he's much more similar to Puck, maybe Sam.  So he assumed the glee club chose Kurt because them both being gay was more important than having a shared interest in sports.

But my main problem with Spencer is that he's a jerk, and that some of his jerk qualities are counted as post-modern gay qualities..  He got acceptance by beating up people who didn't approve.  He's disrespectful to other people.  Not all of that has to do with him being gay but I don't like the message that post-modern gay = guy who's a masculine jerk.  I would have bought Spencer as being post-modern if he came out as gay, a couple of football players gave him a hard time, and the rest of the team and coach Bieste rallied around him without there needing to be any big speeches.  Or just that he came out and no one gave a hoot.

Thinking more about Rachel's TV show.  If the "Rachel show" was about her life in NY and it was a huge flop, is that Ryan Murphy's way of acknowledging the whole moving to NY plot was a horrible idea in hindsight.

• Love 1

Nice of them to ruin Puck's character one last time. His concern for his brother and daughter were the best things about his character, now he appears to have neither.

It's not like they talked about it in this episode and Puck had no reaction. (I didn't watch the first one at all and assume the exposition about the old newbies was in that one.) Presumably Puck would already know about what had happened to Jake when it happened. Jake and the Jake/Puck relationship were extremely disappointing, but in this case it doesn't really mean anything.

I'd rather see Puck in pink than in that dress uniform again. It would have been lovely and special to see him in it once or twice for special occasions, but making him walk around in it all the time is ridiculous. Why can't they let him wear jeans and a goddamn bomber jacket?

Edited by SNeaker

After reading comments here I decided to watch the episodes today. The episodes were way better than the season 5 finale (which I couldn't even get through it was so bad.)

Homecoming was the better of the two episodes and enjoyable. I didn't fast fwd at all during it other than the commercials. Do I think RIB can sustain a degree of quality for the rest of the season? Probably not, so I won't get my hopes up, but I will tune in next week.

Blaine is an ass and I cannot fathom why Kurt would want him back. His dating Karofsky? I find that to be some kind of twisted revenge (even if it was done subconsciously). Then he accuses Kurt of recruiting talent behind his back. There is nothing that the writers can do that will convince me Klaine will ever be a healthy relationship.

I liked the noobs, and their voices. Favorite songs for me were all in the second episode: "Mustang Sally," Problem," and "Home." It's the first time since the "A Katy or a Gaga" episode that I will buy some Glee music.

Although I liked "Let It Go" and it was technically well sung, it just came off as pleasant. As Jesse St. James would say, it lacked emotional depth. It is a problem I have noted before with Lea's interpretation of songs.

Edited by Casual Viewing
  • Love 3

I liked both episodes. The first for some of the snarky humor (Figgins was awesome, and I loved Sue's Demotivational poster on the wall). And I like subdued but still strong Rachel. 

I loved the second episode's obvious homage to the great musical film The Commitments, with Roger's audition song, "Mustang Sally".  His character mimics (overweight, but with a mighty, mighty voice)  the character of Deco in the film.    

I actually have hope.  

I like Spencer. Yes, he's a dick, but I tend to enjoy the dickish characters more. I prefer that to being told to think someone is in the right most of the time.

See, I DO feel like Kurt being gay is an incredibly important part of his identity. I like seeing someone who is just like "yeah, I'm gay, whatever, it's not my main thing." I don't think one is better than the other, in terms of that. But I totally related to him in the sense that it was assumed that of course he'd connect to kurt based on his sexual orientation.

On another note, I like the unholy trinity and their breaking character moments. They were having fun, were freakishly hot (minus Quinn's hair color), and I enjoyed it.

• Love 1

The new guy's Mustang Sally was also excellent. The boy's got a gravelly, soulful voice that was perfect for the number.

He has the notes but none of the emotion. I got the impression he'd never heard the song before he performed it, and he had no idea how to perform soul music. He just knows how to hit the notes.

This. Klaine will never be a healthy relationship. It's not going to happen, Glee. Stop trying to make it happen. 

But they are in loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

• Love 1

ITA that the new kids this time around are much better because they aren't being written as 2.0 versions of the original members. See, writers? That's what you're supposed to do instead of recycling characters, plots, and love triangles from the previous seasons. I feel bad that the New New Directions got the shaft because a lot of them were clearly talented singers and/or dancers but were given such crappy storylines.

I am totally fine with seeing Vocal Adrenaline in the exact context we got them this week (which is how we used to see them back in S1 and S2): just an awesome routine with no additional explanation, drama, introduction of characters, etc. Just show them singing and dancing for three minutes and then make them go away until next week.

I don't blame Jane for transferring. Sure, it was great for Blaine to go to bat for her, but as she said, why would she want to join a group that clearly doesn't want her? That would make rehearsals and competitions super fun for her.

When Kurt said he had to get Blaine back because he's the love of his life, I just rolled my eyes. Dude, you're like, what? 20? And you've been with this guy since high school? Granted there are some people who are lucky enough to find the right person early in life but ugh. Go meet some other people, date new guys, and quit clinging to the idea that your first boyfriend is the only guy for you.

And wow the UHT either couldn't be bother doing the choreography properly or Dianna and Naya are worse than I remembered.

I noticed during Problem that Naya's dancing was really lackluster like she was marking. To be honest, I never thought she was as great a dancer as she was supposed to be, but she was adequate. Tonight she kept catching my attention because she was not up to par.

Between this and the UHT girls messing up the choreography during Mustang Sally and then seen laughing about it in the background - the directors and editors have also apparently given up.

I was willing to cut them a lot more slack during Mustang Sally since it was supposed to look like it was impromptu.

I thought Darren sounded pretty bad on " Suddenly Seymour." He has a pleasant voice, but Broadway songs aren't his forte.

When he started singing, I thought holy crap, are they not autotuning this? It sounded so bad.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

I was willing to cut them a lot more slack during Mustang Sally since it was supposed to look like it was impromptu.

I'm preeeeetty sure that this was not on purpose. And almost all of their performances are "impromptu" and somehow they all manage choreography like it's nothing. That was the girls messing up (not that I blame them) and the director going "eh, what the hell, nobody's watching anyways so let's not waste money by shooting that again".

Or maybe they chose that edit because they thought it was funny. Personally, I enjoyed the unscripted moments like that, Dianna cackling when Chord bumped into her, and Naya and Mark laughing at each other far more than most of the scripted stuff, which was inoffensive but nothing special.

• Love 3

Dianna laughing at Chord was nice and fun and could conceivably be a real moment, but the dancing was in the background, while the focus should actually be on Roderick, in the middle of the song. It took me out of the scene, where we should have been admiring Roderick's ability and presumably the UHT being in synch with each other - I mean, that's always been their thing.

If it had been a scene focused on them dancing, maybe, but it was Roderick in front and then them messing up in the back, which didn't fit at all the rest of the song, so I stand by my opinion that that was unintentional and they kept it in out of laziness.

I like unscripted moments too, but at least this one didn't work for the scene, it worked against it (which neither Dianna nor Mark and Naya laughing did), so if they were still giving a crap, they would have edited it out.

On a completely different note, the whole Jane vs. Warblers plot just didn't make sense to me at all, especially since NOBODY said the one argument that really made sense as to why Jane might not be the best addition to the Warblers - they're a boys group. They have an all-male sound. So, yes, the addition of one girl, especially one with a powerful and dominant voice like Jane's, is going to massively change their MO. There's a reason why there are either mixed choirs or all-female or all-male choirs, because male and female voices sound very different and achieve different kinds of sound based on how they mix together. I've sung in a mixed choir and in a all-female choir and nobody would have even bothered to think about one single guy joining the all-female choir. It would have completely changed the sound.

• Love 1

Tbh, I don't care if it looked sloppy or took the focus away from Roderick, the old cast is 100% the reason why I'm still "watching" this show, so seeing them break character and crack up and laugh because someone messed up the choreography is funny and fun to watch at this point in the show. For me.

• Love 6

Dianna laughing at Chord was nice and fun and could conceivably be a real moment, but the dancing was in the background, while the focus should actually be on Roderick, in the middle of the song. It took me out of the scene, where we should have been admiring Roderick's ability and presumably the UHT being in synch with each other - I mean, that's always been their thing.

If it had been a scene focused on them dancing, maybe, but it was Roderick in front and then them messing up in the back, which didn't fit at all the rest of the song, so I stand by my opinion that that was unintentional and they kept it in out of laziness.

I like unscripted moments too, but at least this one didn't work for the scene, it worked against it (which neither Dianna nor Mark and Naya laughing did), so if they were still giving a crap, they would have edited it out.

I think most people watching would be more interested in the UHT than in the muppet murdering Mustang Sally. And it looked well out of place. The UHT are suppose to be completely in sync with each other.

What I noticed is that all the relationships now weave in and out through Rachel. Rachel and Blaine, Rachel and Sue, Rachel and Sam, Rachel and Kurt, Rachel and Will.

Is that new?! ;)

That's actually how it should've worked from the start. She's the lead character. Don't get me wrong I'd never have watched more than the pilot of that show but it would've been better written.

What I noticed is that all the relationships now weave in and out through Rachel. Rachel and Blaine, Rachel and Sue, Rachel and Sam, Rachel and Kurt, Rachel and Will.

Good.   

Edited by tom87
  • Love 3

I thought the intended comedy with the Warblers completely misfired ; the Warbler choir discussions fell flat or maybe it was the Warblers just looked so freaking old. It was creepy because some looked in their mid thirties .

As to Karofsky maybe its me but Max Adler just looks so 'mature' so it almost seemed like he could have played Blaine's father.

See, I DO feel like Kurt being gay is an incredibly important part of his identity. I like seeing someone who is just like "yeah, I'm gay, whatever, it's not my main thing."

I can see how viewers can feel like that, but Kurt the character himself hasn't, and I feel that's being confused by what Spencer said about that. Also,  Kurt started the recruiting pitch not by the "gay" thing, but by football players having been part of the ND. It was Spencer who was "insulted" that he wasn't being recruited by the jocks and brough up the "gay" thing himself.. But on the football field, he talked about his being gay to Rachel (and Sam) so I can see why it was Kurt who went to recruit him, since Kurt is both gay and was (briefly, but he won them a game) on the football team. 

By what Spencer said his issue seemed to be rather that he doesn't have the stereotypical gay interests and icons (Gaga, musicals) which he associates with GC. Of course, if he really doesn't like GC and thinks they're lame, he wouldn't have joined even if ND sent in a straight jock to recruit him. Where I think he's right is when Kurt got offended and said that he owes GC .

Edited by fakeempress
  • Love 1

I thought the intended comedy with the Warblers completely misfired ; the Warbler choir discussions fell flat or maybe it was the Warblers just looked so freaking old. It was creepy because some looked in their mid thirties.

That looked particularly creepy when Jane was doing Tightrope.

Does anybody know what song Roderick was singing/listening to on his headphones? From what little we heard, I feel like I liked it. Although, I think I liked Roderick's more than the actual version from what I could tell. But still, anybody know what it was? Thanks!

Does anybody know what song Roderick was singing/listening to on his headphones? From what little we heard, I feel like I liked it. Although, I think I liked Roderick's more than the actual version from what I could tell. But still, anybody know what it was? Thanks!

Vica Voca - The Rocektboys

Edited by tom87
  • Love 2

I watched the episodes again (a first in many years for me and Glee). I have no idea why Rachel is still pushing her Broadway dreams. Rachel and Broadway was my OTP, but she tried it and didn't like it. The repetitive nature of performing the same show hundreds of times night after night just wasn't for her. Why is she still trying to get it back?

Crap this show might have been good if we had these newbies in season 4 and Rachel had bombed the TV show back then and now was trying desperately for Broadway. This just seems backwards now. Why go back to something that made you miserable?

• Love 1

I felt that Spencer was used as much a moral mouthpiece as anyone on the show. His whole speech to Kurt was almost like checking off the points why he's a non stereotypical gay jock.

He's like Karofsky with more hair and less body fat and we're suppose to think that's progress, or maybe he's a gay Becky.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the straight male jock ( Sam) is going to convince him to join Glee.

I watched the episodes again (a first in many years for me and Glee). I have no idea why Rachel is still pushing her Broadway dreams. Rachel and Broadway was my OTP, but she tried it and didn't like it. The repetitive nature of performing the same show hundreds of times night after night just wasn't for her. Why is she still trying to get it back?

Crap this show might have been good if we had these newbies in season 4 and Rachel had bombed the TV show back then and now was trying desperately for Broadway. This just seems backwards now. Why go back to something that made you miserable?

Because that was crap . Being bored with live applause every night for her?  Come one.  It  made no sense for Rachel and they totally scraped her whole personality for a plot point.   And on top of that it was a unnecessary plot point. It would have work just as well to have get excited with the idea of being bigger shinier star on tv.    Rachel wanting everything too much made more sense then her being bored.  

She hopefully will  go back to Bway because she will see it is what  actually makes her happy and she didn't appreciate what she had while she had it and screwed it up.  Maybe she feel she owes it to hershelf to do it right this time if she can. 

She went to Lima and that never made her happy. 

Edited by tom87
  • Love 4