Type keyword(s) to search

Undercover: The Wire Cast in Other Roles

One great thing about having an awesome cast is getting to see them continue to work after the show ends.

This has been a great week for the cast of The Wire. Herc was on The Good Wife on Sunday, Clay Davis was on Gotham on Monday, Lester was on Forever (Monday in Canada, Tuesday in the U.S.), Bubbles was on Agent Carter on Tuesday, and D'Angelo was on Elementary on Thursday.

I loved the moment when I realized that Lisa's boyfriend Malik (on Suburgatory) was Randy. When he busted out that over the top proposal, Mr. EB said, "Randy has an idea!"

I was super excited when The Bunk showed up on Ray Donovan as a recurring character but I wish he had been given more to do.

Rawls, on the other hand, has scored some good recurring roles recently as Carmine Falcone on Gotham and Senator Garrison on Person of Interest.

Has anyone been watching The Affair? You'd think that the combination of McNulty, Nurse Abby, Pacey, and one of the girls from Bunheads would be enough to get me to watch.

The Bunk was also a regular on The Michael J. Fox Show, which unfortunately was so uninteresting that I couldn't even wish for it to continue for his sake.

I too was delighted to notice that Malik on Suburgatory was Randy. I first watched The Wire early in Suburgatory's run, so I was ridiculously happy to see that Randy was alive and flourishing in suburbia.

Herc was a surprise on The Good Wife, but others from his world have been guests there too.

Caught a glimpse of Prez (Jim True-Frost) in a commercial for the tv series American Odyssey, which is supposed to start soon.  I will definitely give it a try when it comes out to the streaming services.  Love him.

I was conflicted about starting The Wire ( silly me ). We had watched The Affair & Dominc West's character was maddeningly self centered. In fact all the main characters are pretty egocentric and hard to make a connection with, for me at least. I find it amusing I disliked his character on The Affair so much, but found McNulty so compelling for pretty much the same reasons.

Brother Mouzone guest starred in the last few episodes of Gotham this season and Carver was on the season finale of The Good Wife (he played a character who also appeared in the S2 season finale so apparently TGW likes him as a closer!).

Prez!  And now Bubs!  Still watching Fringe, and they've each appeared for an episode.  I'm very much hoping Bubs will become a recurring character.

It's a bit weird to cheer out loud when I see them appear onscreen.  Fringe is also a mecca for playing HITG! (I'm very bad at it, but even I can play).

• Love 1
Andre Royo showed up on the second episode of Season 2 of Empire.  I hope we see him regularly.  Bubbles will always be a favorite.

Andre Royo seems to have a major part on Hand of God.  He is playing a mayor, of all things.

I've only watched the pilot of Hand of God but I think I'll keep watching.  It's an interesting premise (a prominent lawyer has become psychotic and thinks he is born again) and the cast looks very strong.

I am chagrined (me who loves to recognize actors in a variety of roles) to have attended and enjoyed the Encores! presentation of the 1940 Vernon Duke / John Larouche musical Cabin in the Sky on Saturday evening, without realizing until I perused my Playbill on the way home that the central character of Joe was being played by Brother Mouzone (Michael Potts). Admittedly it's a decade later, but I should have been quicker to see him. Anyway, here's a sampling (he's the one in overalls, husband to the leading female role played by LaChanze):

Edited by Rinaldo
  • Love 1

Maria Broom (Marla Daniels) was the guest speaker at my school's 5th grade graduation today. My school is in one of the neighborhoods where they shot the first season of the show. She gave a really great speech about the importance of believing in yourself and being kind to others. She also had a book that she wrote that she gave away to all of the students and the 5th grade teachers. She's really active in the arts around Baltimore and is pretty heavily involved with Baltimore School for the Arts, which is one of the more prestigious public high schools in the city. 

• Love 4

Maria Broom (Marla Daniels) was the guest speaker at my school's 5th grade graduation today.

What a nice update.  I hope Ms. Broom made a big impression on the students.  Her character conveyed so much determination on the show, I can imagine I would have internalized that (even without knowing why) if I had seen that when I was that age. 

I have absolutely no idea who spoke at my high school graduation.  I believe we got punch and cookies and a certificate for fifth.  Maybe there was an award for best attendance.  (!) 

Michael Wyatt (Brianna Barksdale) is playing Rebecca's psychiatrist, Dr. Akopian, on Crazy Ex-Girlfriend - and it turns out, she can sing! The part is so different that it took me a couple of episodes to realize what I knew her from.

• Love 1