Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E15: Makeover Week

I remember when Sam set a record for reaching his goal weight before he was eliminated.  I'm glad that he didn't try to lose any more than that before the final weigh-in.  I also think that they should base percentages on body fat loss not just by weight loss.  Otherwise, guys with muscles like Damian are at a disadvantage. 

• Love 2

I'm just spitballing with Lori getting down to 160. Based on her height and body type, that would leave her at about an average sized range. Anyway, I don't see her losing even 40 to get to around 180. A woman weighing at 180 is not going to win. I think Sonya can knock out 40 though.

Lori somehow managed not to be the Smallest Loser of the week a single time, which hardly could put her below the yellow line. Every time there was somebody who failed the weigh-in completely, even in the Blue Team when there was a team round.

On the other hand, remember the black girls from season 4: Julie never lost more than 8; Isabeau never lost more than 9; and Hollie never lost more than 11. Nevertheless they somehow managed not to fall together below the yellow line, even in the last weeks. What is it? Luck?

Edited by Sabur

I think it's manipulated in Lori's case.   On the weeks she would have went home for falling below the yellow line, they had a vote off, it seems.    I think they kept her around because there were only three actual elite female athletes, and the other two left early.   They didn't count on her losing weight so slowly.    I don't think they expected Sonya to blow away all the other women, either.   

Either way, I think it's a Scott win.  He should be able to pull off losing enough weight without being a stick figure to win.    It would truly suck to have a season with pro athletes and the winner be Rob. 

It would truly suck to have a season with pro athletes and the winner be Rob.

Oh good heavens, bite your tongue!!  I have been on the fence about this show the entire season and that would be the death knell for me!  This has been my best guilty pleasure program for the past several years, to endless teasing from my friends.  Sadly, this year it has nearly become unwatchable and only sheer dogged stubbornness has kept me tuning in.  Let Rob finish with the confetti at the end and I will be absolutely done forevermore!

I also don't mind Lori but she's pulling out small numbers so I think it won't be fair for her to go into finale.

Thanks for the charts! I couldn't agree more about Lori. Every week she's there at the ranch all I can think is how lucky she's gotten pulling such low numbers week after week. In the 'real world' it'd be fine, but in a competition not so much, at least to me.

I think it was 2 weeks that Lori was low and she won immunity by winning some stupid puzzle contest or the like.  I also think the show likes being able to say they have an Olympic gold winner. Even better then an NFL quarterback.  A rugby coach at a small junior college?  Feh....

Sonya defies the laws of physics.  She keeps loosing these big numbers yet she still looks fairly big.  She's so short, where did she put all that poundage?  

A rugby coach at a small junior college?

Technically I think that should be "an unknown school". It's not a junior college or all that small, but like most universities in the country, almost nobody's ever heard of it, which is likely what's important to the producers.

Oh good heavens, bite your tongue!! I have been on the fence about this show the entire season and that would be the death knell for me! This has been my best guilty pleasure program for the past several years, to endless teasing from my friends. Sadly, this year it has nearly become unwatchable and only sheer dogged stubbornness has kept me tuning in. Let Rob finish with the confetti at the end and I will be absolutely done forevermore!

I totally agree! I thought the "anaconda" & her brother season was the worst- though the players walking off made for a more interesting season.

I can barely get myself to watch this any more & fast forward through most of it.

Rob winning would be the nail in the coffin.