Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
radishcake

S26.E11: Bart's New Friend

Written by Judd Apatow...20 years ago. But anyway, this was an actually funny episode.

"Snowmen Don't Have Carrot Penises."

Really loved that couch gag. The worried face on Maggie was what made it for me.

Really loved the reveal that there was another safety inspector in 7G and he's been covering for Homer all these years. That explains so much about his job and how he can get away with, well, being Homer.

So much of Homer's dialogue just screamed "this was written by a kid in the 90s." Essentially, Homer got hypnotized into thinking he's Peter Griffin.

I'd say I wish we saw more of Itchy & Scratchyland, but we already spent ten minutes in Disneyland last week. But I liked the Soarin' spoof, complete with MST3K reference.

• Like 1

Itchy and Scratchy Land's visit was more enjoyable than the Diznee Land visit last week, as was the wrapper all around it IMO. A decent story with some touching moments between Bart and Homer.

I'm wondering if the eps are running shorter than they used to, or if they've actually decided to start doing credit gag scenes now, on top of the couch gag scenes? Seems we're getting a lot more pre-credit scene lately than we used to.

Nice to see the Je suis Charlie Maggie scene. That must have been the fastest Simpsons has ever reacted to current events I think.

• Like 4

I laughed REALLY hard at the sequence where Bart considered not pranking Homer while he slept, decided to stick the pencils in his nose and tennis ball in his mouth, which naturally resulted in 10 year old Homer acting like an annoyed 10 year old in a grown man's body, and then Bart flat on the floor; "Touche"  Heh.

Also awesomely silly was Chalmers adding the gun and bullet going through Skinner on that drawing.  I wonder if that was in the original script, because when this was originally written, the show was just starting to explore their relationship.

• Like 1

I absolutely loved Homer's line, "I'll be amazed if I'm astounded." I need to use that.

I also liked that after Wiggins was hypnotized, the next scene shows him with Maggie in his "pocket".

Written by Judd Apatow...20 years ago.

Really?

Really?

Well the writers provided some updates (like Homer's search for Wifi, the Soarin' parody, etc) but the first draft was a 20 year old spec script written by Judd.

• Like 1

Nice to see the Je suis Charlie Maggie scene.

Was glad for that too, especially from a cartoon show that, at it's best, is a cultural satire. 

• Like 4

Easily best episode of the season maybe even last couple of seasons. Loved everything about it and definitely had old school feel to it even with the updates in technology and stuff.

They need Apatow on the staff stat!

• Like 1

Just returned to town and immediately watched this and wow, I loved it. Bravo to Judd Apatow for such a great episode. I think my favorite sight gag must be Maggie in Wiggum's pocket. Second one is at the very end when Sven Golly has hypnotized poor Wiggie yet again and leaves him in that X-Men movie-like Magneto prison cell…and then Loki appears. Ha!

And as someone who rides Soarin' at DW almost every year, I would pay good money to experience Soarin' Springfield, odors and all. :-D