Type keyword(s) to search

Casting Speculation & Wish List

• Start Topic

In small talk the topic of casting another daytime actress on the show came up and I thought I'd broaden the category to include any woman a poster might like to see make an appearance on the show whether it's as a full time cast member, as a "friend" of a housewife, or in one-off appearance like that of Suzanne Somers--

Who would people most like to see come onto the show? If they dump Brandi and reduce Kim's status to that of a friend they could potentially add at least two new women to the cast.

I think it would be nice if they could add some diversity to the show. I also think somebody from the music industry could be interesting just to see how King David and the Lemon Queen respond.

I think people might feel that it's a bit much if they bring on another soap opera actress. That being said I'd like to see it happen especially if they don't end up keeping both Eileen and Lisa R. 

I know there's always plenty to snark on any time Kathy Hilton makes an appearance but I feel like people might see the sisters as taking over the show if she ended up joining.

Shiva could be a good addition. It's an excuse for us to hang out at Mohammed's house more anyway.

• Love 3

There's no shortage of actresses who could be cast by convincing them they would have a career revival of sorts.

Victoria Rowell. She's beautiful, an actress, author and involved with charities. She has an interesting personal history, adult and younger children. Is kind of offbeat and has a rep for being difficult. AKA if Brandi threw wine in her face I don't think she'd just sit there like Eileen.

Some former hot 90s babe like Tawny Kitean or Bobbie Brown. Again, could bring the drama in a trainwreck way that every show needs. Bobbie is my personal favorite. How someone that gorgeous with all those rock stars could be practically broke & homeless is mind boggling. Or someone like Sherilyn Fenn. She was so gorgeous back in the day.

I'm sure there's some spotlight hungry wife of a washed up actor who'd be dying to join the show too.

ETA:

Dayanara Torres is another interesting candidate. She's popular in PR, is the ex of that douche Marc Anthony, she was cheated on and screwed out of a nice settlement. She could use the money and exposure to a new audience to start some kind of business.

Edited by charming

Charming, I like your suggestion of Victoria Rowell. I loved her on Y&R and I'm still unhappy they killed her off a few years ago.

I don't know if the chances of retaining Lisa R and Eileen for next season are good -- I hope so. Maybe if the salary is right we'll get lucky and they'll both be back (fingers crossed). I have no idea what Eileen makes on her soaps, but getting 750k from Bravo must be considered a great salary for 4 months work.

Of course I want to see Brandi canned. I'm thinking Bravo still needs to add someone who is outspoken and a bit controversial, yet not trashy to replace Brandi. The Medium woman, Alison, comes to mind, as does Faye.

• Love 2

I think people might feel that it's a bit much if they bring on another soap opera actress. That being said I'd like to see it happen especially if they don't end up keeping both Eileen and Lisa R. 

I feel like BH is the one series in the RH franchise that can get away with having a cast full of actresses/former actresses. It's sort of befitting for the city.

msblossom- I'd love it if BH had more "friends of" to serve as the crazy supporting characters. I'm totally okay if there's minimal drama among the main wives, and then have people like Alison DuBois come on for the crazy cameos. But I'm okay without Faye. Her acting was atrocious (I think she was acting... it felt rather for-the-cameras in hindsight), and in my mind she'll never live down stumbling over that "no matter how many Chanel handbags you borrow" line. Lady, you tipped your hand to us! The producers must have hated her, because if ever there were a scene in need of a reshoot, it was that one when Faye flubbed that line.

• Love 3

I think it is time for Kim to go chase some unicorns.  In real life with Yolanda only having one good day all of 2014 maybe she won't be physically able to make it. It would seem there would be a plethora of women who are married or rich on their own.  I have yet to see any kind of personality in Shiva.

• Love 2

Oh, Victoria Rowell would definitely be interesting! I don't know if she had much interaction with Eileen on Restless but she has a reputation for being, um, feisty and some people there don't have very nice things to say. I do like it, though, when there is a genuine connection, if not relationship, between the women because it makes the get-togethers seem slightly more organic. Like, it's not out of the realm of possibility that these two people would know each other or eat food together.

Do you think Kyle would stay with the show if Kim were to be let go? I wonder. I like her but I know she's a lightning rod for criticism. Kim I don't need to watch, it feels like we're watching and waiting to see her stumble and that bothers me. Not fun.

Someone mentioned LaToya Jackson in a previous thread and boy, that might be tipping a little too far into the crazy but I'd watch it! ;)

• Love 1

Oh, Victoria Rowell would definitely be interesting! I don't know if she had much interaction with Eileen on Restless but she has a reputation for being, um, feisty and some people there don't have very nice things to say. I do like it, though, when there is a genuine connection, if not relationship, between the women because it makes the get-togethers seem slightly more organic. Like, it's not out of the realm of possibility that these two people would know each other or eat food together.

Do you think Kyle would stay with the show if Kim were to be let go? I wonder. I like her but I know she's a lightning rod for criticism. Kim I don't need to watch, it feels like we're watching and waiting to see her stumble and that bothers me. Not fun.

Someone mentioned LaToya Jackson in a previous thread and boy, that might be tipping a little too far into the crazy but I'd watch it! ;)

I believe Kim and Kyle are very separate people.  There are always sites that claim Kyle says it is a package deal-I am not buying it.  I think they keep Kim because they believe she has fans from the child star days.  I do think every year Kim promises to deliver and usually doesn't.  Showing up spaced out on prescription meds be it in Paris or Malibu is not really a storyline .  This year her excuse will be her ex husband was terminally ill.  Kim needs the money so she will grovel to stay on but I think the producers are running out of reasons to keep her.. 

Victoria Rowell is an interesting idea only based on what I've heard and read I feel like she'd think she's above something like this. 

As far as injecting some diversity into the cast, Kidada Jones is a name that I've floated in the past at TWoP. She's certainly had an interesting life. She also grew up in Bel Air and is kind of second generation Hollywood. (Not that Quincy Jones is Hollywood exactly but hopefully people know what I mean.) I'm not sure if she'd be open to something like this or if a connection could be made with any of the other ladies but I think it would be nice to see them add a person who was born into the lifestyle. I think someone like Kidada would be a lot more interesting than someone like say, Tori Spelling, another second generation Hollywood woman whose name has been floated recently.

Lindsay Price seems like she could be another good addition plus her celebrity chef husband seems like he'd be open to appearing on another reality TV show. 

I think Katharine Kelly Lang could be interesting too. She's certainly be dealing with plenty of drama for the past few years at any rate. I only wonder if all of the stuff with her son would keep her from wanting to participate in a reality show.

Rebecca Romijn would be fun if for no other reason than I think Yolanda would be annoyed to have a younger, Dutch model on the show. (I know, I know, she's half Dutch but still, I think she speaks it or at least understands it.) Plus, imagine Brandi reacting to somebody like Rebecca joining the cast? I can't for a moment think that she'd be pleased.

• Love 4

Or someone like Sherilyn Fenn. She was so gorgeous back in the day.

Ha - I used to be good friends with Sherilyn Fenn. I feel safe in saying that she would never do something like RHoBH. I will give you this, though, she'd be an interesting addition - she is both incredibly smart and also incredibly reactive. I am sure she would get into conflict. But she is way too spiritually bent to do this. I am sure she looks down on reality TV. I am also pretty sure that she also lives deep, deep in the Valley now.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 5

Sherilyn was just in an interesting independent film entitled Raze . . . Rebecca is around the same age as Brandi. A younger model emeritus would probably play on her neuroses more. I think James/Jaime King would be an interesting possibility. She's only 35 but boasts a grandiose and dramatic biography - Nebraska born, "discovered" at 13, working for Chanel and sitting for Nan Goldin by 15/16, a heroin addict for 5 years by 19, when her boyfriend overdosed and she entered rehab. She reinvented herself as a scream queen and hosted a competition show on VH1, so she's obviously not averse to reality tv. She also has some A list by proxy cred since she starred in Pearl Harbor and Sin City. . . Someone once mentioned Ali MacGraw on TWOP, which would be insane in a good way; I think she's open about needing money, but she is somewhat older/around 75 and lives mostly in New Mexico in her dotage, I think . . . La Toya herself has had such a tumultuous and interesting life, but doesn't she reside primarily in Indiana still?

Sherilyn was just in an interesting independent film entitled Raze . . . Rebecca is around the same age as Brandi. A younger model emeritus would probably play on her neuroses more. I think James/Jaime King would be an interesting possibility. She's only 35 but boasts a grandiose and dramatic biography - Nebraska born, "discovered" at 13, working for Chanel and sitting for Nan Goldin by 15/16, a heroin addict for 5 years by 19, when her boyfriend overdosed and she entered rehab. She reinvented herself as a scream queen and hosted a competition show on VH1, so she's obviously not averse to reality tv. She also has some A list by proxy cred since she starred in Pearl Harbor and Sin City. . . Someone once mentioned Ali MacGraw on TWOP, which would be insane in a good way; I think she's open about needing money, but she is somewhat older/around 75 and lives mostly in New Mexico in her dotage, I think . . . La Toya herself has had such a tumultuous and interesting life, but doesn't she reside primarily in Indiana still?

• Love 1

I saw Ali M in a jewelry store, the kind where you make your own. I heard a voice that sounded familiar and it was her. Let's just say she looked lovely but not housewife material. Oh, yeah and it was just north of the Valley.
  • Love 1

Oh my God, I didn't even know Ali McGraw was still alive. Yes. PLEASE. YES. I would die. That is *real* old-school Hollywood, none of this Marisa Zanuck "I married into it" BS. It would be worth it just to hear her tell stories about Steve McQueen.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 1

There's no shortage of actresses who could be cast by convincing them they would have a career revival of sorts.

Victoria Rowell. She's beautiful, an actress, author and involved with charities. She has an interesting personal history, adult and younger children. Is kind of offbeat and has a rep for being difficult. AKA if Brandi threw wine in her face I don't think she'd just sit there like Eileen.

I know Victoria spent time in foster care, and did some charitable work in that area.  She's also interesting in that she tells stories like being mistaken for her blonde daughter's nanny.  I didn't know she had a difficult reputation.  I saw her at O'Hare Airport in Chicago once in the 1990s.  She was in town for Black Expo and I just stared at her like an idiot.  She was beautiful, and stood patiently like any other person.

I think Susan Lucci would be a good candidate.  She's been in the industry forever and she has a good reputation.  She also has class and real wealth.  I'm not sure if she's still in California.  She was always New York based, but AMC moved to CA before being cancelled.  I always hated her character, but Susan always seemed like a class act.

• Love 3

Doesn't Susan live in New York though? I also wonder if Andy doesn't love her too much to allow her to do it.

What about Krista Allen? She's had kind of an interesting life in that mostly B-listish way. There's also the George Clooney thing. 

Christie Clark could be a kind of Kristen Taekman for Beverly Hills in that she'd still dealing with young children. She knows Eileen, she's maybe a year or two younger than Brandi, at one point she had a clothing company. 

I bet you anyone who participated in that show Dirty Soap has been all over this season out of curiosity.

• Love 2

I wouldn't be surprised if she moved back to NY.  She had only moved to CA because AMC did.  Maybe she's bicoastal.

I loved Dirty Soap, and I can't believe it was cancelled.

I actually like the thought of another soap actor joining.  I know it doesn't add much diversity.  It may also be on the duller side.  I think long-term soap actors are very disciplined, as well as very aware of their image.  At the industry's peak, soap actors were constantly photographed and written about in multiple soap magazines.  The most successful ones are also less desperate for that attention - less willing to do anything for the attention.  They should probably add someone who isn't in her forties and fifties - which is the entire cast right now. 

I suspect that LisaR and especially Eileen's tenure on the show is being watched carefully; if they can get through the season without showing their asses (metaphorically) it may seem like a better bet for other stars who have reservations because of the shitshows that have gone down on the other franchises. I think the key is being self-aware but not self-important and having a decent sense of humor about what "celebrity" means. LisaR seems willing to go along with the joke that is her; that will make her very useful, if not for drama, then for lulz. And already Eileen's cool is deflating Brandi's...thing, whatever it is.

I just wonder who (secretly) has wanted to be on the show but is hesitant to look too eager. Part of me is dying for some scatty Old Hollywood grande dame like Zsa Zsa to give LisaV a run for her money, dahling. (Zsa Zsa is not doing too well, I think, although her sketchy husband would probably be all for it).

And re: soap actors/Dirty Soap: I guess they should aim for someone  a little younger but my god if they get that freaking Farah Fath I will implode.

• Love 2

I was thinking more like Kelly Monaco than Farah or Kirsten. I totally suspect a bit of famewhorishness from her although it's been awhile since I've seen her in anything. I vaguely remember her being on DWTS. 

Melissa Reeves could be interesting or boring not sure. I just remember her leaving Days in the mid-nineties being all scandalous because she allegedly had an affair with the guy who played Peter. (IIRC the character of Peter was Eileen Davidson's character Kristen's brother.)

I think I just want Bravo to do a show about Daytime Divas. I can't decide if I'd want something like that to go younger, older or somewhere in between. On the one hand I feel like I'd really get a kick out of seeing Robin Strasser, Susan Lucci, Deidre Hall, Lesley Anne Down, Lauren Koslow, etc.  

But I could see a line up like Vanessa Marcil, Kassie DePaiva, Gina Tognoni, Rebecca Budig, Missy Reeves, etc. also working.   

When soap actors participated in a charity fund raiser (I believe for Katrina) my mom talked to Robin Strasser and really got a kick out of her.  Robin actually called back later and thanked my mom a second time.

I think Kassie DePaiva would be a great addition, but she's in that fifties category, too.  Melissa Reeves would be interesting.  When she had that onset affair, it was heavily rumored that her husband forced her to quit DOOL.  It was a huge deal, and I believe the show sued her.  Can't stand Vanessa Marcil and what she's done to her face.  Gina and Rebecca would be interesting.

Christie Brinkley would be interesting, especially if she were pushed into abandoning that sweet girl-next-door persona and show her mean girl streak.

Clint Eastwood's latest ex is a huge famewhore.  I'm really surprised they never approached her.

• Love 1

I would love to see someone who is still in the realm of legitimacy be on the show. Someone like Melanie Griffith - who was once a bonafide movie star (Oscar nomination, etc), but is currently doing nothing. I personally love Melanie Griffith and feel like she never got the respect as an actress that she deserved. Or maybe someone like - and I know this would never happen - Goldie Hawn. An older actress who hasn't been working and maybe wants a jolt of pop culture relevancy. I mean, if Arsenio can get a second shot at late night show hosting from "Celebrity Apprentice," who is to say an older actress couldn't revive interest in her career?

• Love 1

I like Melanie Griffith, but she's been struggling with addiction issues for decades.  I really don't want to watch that.

Me neither assuming your use of the word "that" refers to her plastic surgery train wreck of a face.

• Love 2

If RHWOBH can manage to get Brandi kicked off due to declining fanbase and maybe add one more person of verifiable wealth/stature/background like they managed with Lisa R and Eileen...it really has the potential to overtake the ATL version, cause over there, they seem to think that adding a bunch of messy chicks that done never beent a housewife is a good move.

And i think right now, the BH cast is as strong as it has been since inception.

Christie Brinkley - I think she lives full-time in the Hamptons, but her place has been on the market almost a year (I think, I don't think it has sold yet).  

Ali McGraw may not have many fun Steve McQueen stories, as he was widely considered an ass and given to domestic violence. 

I would kind of like Krista Allen to get together with LisaR - the two Billies -- and make Brandi's head explode. But mostly, I'd like Brandi gone, so then it likely wouldn't happen. 

• Love 2
I would kind of like Krista Allen to get together with LisaR - the two Billies -- and make Brandi's head explode. But mostly, I'd like Brandi gone, so then it likely wouldn't happen.

If Krista were to become a Housewife I think it would be fun to have her and Carole be co-guests on an episode of WWHL.

• Love 2

Ha - I used to be good friends with Sherilyn Fenn. I feel safe in saying that she would never do something like RHoBH. I will give you this, though, she'd be an interesting addition - she is both incredibly smart and also incredibly reactive. I am sure she would get into conflict. But she is way too spiritually bent to do this. I am sure she looks down on reality TV. I am also pretty sure that she also lives deep, deep in the Valley now.

Everyone looks down on Reality TV until they need the money. Thanks for the info about Sherilyn. I've always liked her.

Another random I thought of was Cybill Shepard. Not a Housewife but who is nowadays? I think she's mid 60s which is probably a little older for this show but she's just a flat out balls to the wall broad. She has great old school Hollywood ties, is slightly crazy and definitely would not take any crap from anyone.

• Love 5
And i think right now, the BH cast is as strong as it has been since inception.

I agree. With the exceptions of Brandi and Kim I think this is a very strong cast. Yolanda irritates me but I can at least understand why she's on the show. I could even deal with Kim being kept on as a friend because I do appreciate the *occasional* story like her Van Patten story or hearing about working with Ray Milland or something but my eyes basically glaze over when she starts talking about turtles or when she acts like it's basically okay that Brandi threw wine on Eileen because Brandi apologized for her behavior. 

With Brandi I don't even care about Encino or leased houses or anything like that. It's her personality that makes her a bad fit for this show. There is definitely a place for desperate types and hangers on when it comes to a show like this because these types are all over LA. To me it would feel false for the show to not address this element so in that sense I can appreciate casting people like Taylor, Brandi, Kim, Dana, Faye, etc. because they sort of emphasize the difference between cast members who are the real deal and those who are wannabes. 

If there is a criticism I have about the cast right now it's probably the lack of diversity. I'm not saying that they should bring on some diversity just for the sake of it but because it speaks to the reality that is LA/Hollywood/Beverly Hills. It's a mixed bag so it would be nice to see more of that.  

• Love 4

I recently learned of the mom's club - Kyle, Lisa R, Allison Sweeney, and Lisa Richards, and think the last two women would be an interesting addition.  Down side - Allison is almost forty, and Denise is in her forties, so there's no change in lack of variety in age.  Allison comes from the soap world too, but recently ended her twenty year run on DOOL.   She's been the host of The Biggest Loser since its second season.

Denise is an extremely interesting person.  She was demonized for years after her divorce from Charlie Sheen, and she kept her mouth closed.  Turns out, she was the good guy all along.   Denise even took in Sheen's twins for a while when his wife was in rehab for the nineteenth time.  I think Denise can be very similar to Brandi, meaning she can get down and dirty when drinking, and unleash hundreds of "fucks", but she's a responsible mother, and a huge animal lover.  My only fear - Charlie is very hot and cold with her.  He either pays for her living expenses, or threatens to throw her out, depending on his mood.  I don't want him to attempt to hone in on the show or even worse, his horrible ex - Brooke Mueller.

• Love 3

Denise Richards would be a fool to ever go on any HW show.  She has way, way too many skeletons in her closet reportedly.  She had her own reality show that she could control the edit over.  Much smarter.

• Love 4

This is no way should be considered a wish but after last night's episode I can see it becoming a reality.

Producers decide after the success of the shows such as the children going/returning to college, yachting in the Mediterranean, and visits to France were success, what better way to recreate the success then to have a yacht trip with the Hamlins, VanPattens and Umansky families, meeting up with their European RH, Yolanda and Lisa V.   Two RH were notably missing, Brandi Glanville had been offered a reality show with the ex-wife of Tory Amos' husband counseling women who had been dumped by their partners.  The two came with the idea on the now defunct Brandi Glanville Podcast.  Bravo still interested in Brandi was in contract negotiations.  Brandi was holding out for more money and creative control.   Kim Richards, who had been reduced to a pay for play contract due to her frequent absences and usually under the influence attendance, failed to make her plane to Europe opting instead to attend a celebrity autograph show. 

The three families took the yacht by storm with Vince's college age boys, Kyle's college age daughter and teen daughter, Hamlins' teenage daughters and the two youngest Jesse and Portia.  The first stop they meet with Yolanda and her daughters fresh off a sisters high fashion shoot, friends of the Van Patten boys the focus was the young and the beautiful. The cast mates enjoy each other's company and have a once in a lifetime experience dining in some fabulous spot.  The next leg of the trip takes them to the Vanderpump/Todds in fabulous St. Tropez.  Another memorable couple of days ensues.  

As the families are on their return leg of the journey it was like history repeating itself.  The sound of the telephone and Kyle reaching for her satellite phone. Brooke is calling her aunt and then we see tears.

It was the news no one wanted to hear, in mid-July child actress and most recently of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills,  Kim Richards, was found unresponsive in her home.   Toxicology tests are pending, Ms. Richards had a 100 mcg Fetanyl patch on her body.  Empty prescription bottles with the name Monty Brinson, coudh syrup bottle were also found in the house. Attempts to revive her were unsuccessful.  Emergency crews were delayed in their response due to an aggressive pit bull. 

Kim after being alone for a week became lonely.  An unsigned Brandi had stopped taking her calls turning her attention to her new cast mates.  The cell phones of the sisters Kyle and Kathy were not answered that evening.  How Kim wished she could have been honest with her sisters over her waning sobriety.  Although they weren't allowed to ever question her sobriety-shouldn't they have known?  Brandi would have known.  Brandi and Kim had made a pact-Brandi would no longer drink in front of Kim as Kim had become worried about her.   Brandi was out socially drinking with her new and old friends tearing up the streets of West Hollywood-no place for sober friends or Hollywood friends. 

And where was Monty-disappearing just when she needed him. She had checked in with her kids earlier in the day all were out of town and in a happy place in their lives, promising to visit soon.  She popped in the this season of Revenge, hoping she would be asked back in a more substantial role.  Were they just rumors it had been cancelled  or were they true-things were getting foggy for Kim, had she taken the time-released morphine or hadn't she?  Where are her daughters are they in their crib-oh Kingsley get off the bed with that dirty ball.   The room was starting to spin and she felt nauseated.  Taking her phone to her bathroom she continued to dial, no Kyle, no Kathy-did they say something about satellite phones . . . her brain wasn't working.  She lit another cigarette and looked in the mirror, extensions had fallen out of one side of her hair, she took inventory of her surgically enhanced breasts, her new nose and decided the next call would be for a facelift.  Renew and refresh.  She looked at her passport and started wondering I am suppose to be Europe.  Oh her hernia was hurting and she now had a cough just one more of these pills from Monty and some cough syrup-better the one with codeine.  Another waive of nausea and she cracks her new nose on the edge of the toilet.  She turns to her phone and dialed 911. . . the GPS did what Kim couldn't give them an address.  Slowly Kim's mind and body slipped their earthly bounds.  The scene outside her deep in the valley home was worthy of the star she was, fire trucks, police cars, SPCA truck and ambulances.  An hour later the slight body of the Kim Richards was brought out on a gurney.   TMZ was there having been alerted by a neighbor.  Posting their hot story of the day, that is how Brooke her first born found out her mother had just died.

Sisters Kyle and Kathy were both vacationing separately when they received the news.  Kathy took charge and booked the Catholic Church in Beverly Hills.  Kim's agent made the requisite statements.  Kathy insisted her sons, one of which was awaiting trial, her husband, Mauricio and Chad be pall bearers along with Kimberly's father.  There was a funeral the single eulogy extolled Kim's work as an actress and devoted mother and friend and soul mate to Monty.  Little was made of her problem because Big Kathy had said it should not be spoken of.  Kim was gone and had been buried.  The next stop was the Hilton mansion. . . here Kathy could be more selective in who attended.  Kim's cast mates filed in one by one, security stopped the tall blonde and turned her away, in true style Brandi Glanville acted as if she was being turned away from the opening of a new nightclub. 

The cast and their husbands gathered at Lisa Vanderpump's very reminiscent of the death of Russell.  Brandi was not included.  The rest of the season was taped, there was a sadness in Kyle that was discernible throughout the season.  New friend Eileen having lost two sisters was there for her.  Two new cast members were found and the show went on.  Substantial donations were made to fund addiction programs.

The bloggers blamed Bravo and Andy and calls for the show to be cancelled came from all around.  They fell on deaf ears. Contract had to be honored and the show goes on.

I'd like to see some YOUNG actresses on the show, it's Hollywood after all, they should be all over the place, and work can be hard to find.  Many would be too smart to tarnish themselves with something like this, but it's hard to believe NONE would.  Especially since so many soaps went under.

Some former hot 90s babe like Tawny Kitean or Bobbie Brown. Again, could bring the drama in a trainwreck way that every show needs. Bobbie is my personal favorite. How someone that gorgeous with all those rock stars could be practically broke & homeless is mind boggling. Or someone like Sherilyn Fenn. She was so gorgeous back in the day.

I'm sure there's some spotlight hungry wife of a washed up actor who'd be dying to join the show too.

ETA:

Dayanara Torres is another interesting candidate. She's popular in PR, is the ex of that douche Marc Anthony, she was cheated on and screwed out of a nice settlement. She could use the money and exposure to a new audience to start some kind of business.

Wasn't Dayanara on Celeb Apprentice?  If that was her, I did not like her one bit.

The birthdays of all the wives *that I can remember.

In order (because I'm OCD that way):

Eileen:  June 15, 1959

Lisa V:   September 15, 1960

Adrienne:  September 4, 1961

Lisa R:  July 11, 1963

Yolanda:  January 11, 1964

Kim:  September 19, 1964

Camille:  September 2, 1968

Kyle:  January 11, 1969

Carlton Gebbia - October 17, 1969 (allegedly)

Taylor:  June 10, 1971

Brandi:  November 16, 1972

Marisa Zanuck - March 6, 1974

Dana Wilkey (a/k/a Pam, or 25,000) - also 1974

Joyce Giraud -  April 4, 1975

• Love 1

Regarding Kathy Hilton being on the show--

I don't think she would really be willing to let her guard down based on everything that she's seen play out. I'd be interested in seeing her house and everything but beyond that I think she probably works best as a friend/sister to the housewives. 

I feel like she wants to be on the show though and is regretting sort of snubbing it in the beginning the way that she did. 

Regarding casting speculation--

What about Catherine Oxenberg? Interesting life, she has kids who are still at home, she's done the acting thing, her husband is super handsome, there's plenty of material for Andy to make jokes about royal pedigree, we know that she and her husband are open to doing reality TV, IIRC she and her husband have a house in Malibu (I didn't watch the show though so I can't say how impressive it is but I have to assume), she has a past (she was married to Robert Evans and the marriage was annulled nine days later!?)--honestly, what's not to like? 

Speaking of royal pedigree, another interesting choice could be Sophie Winkleman. Her husband is Lord Frederick "Freddie" Windsor whose parents are the Prince and Princess Michael of Kent. (Prince Michael is a first cousin of the Queen.) They're currently based in LA and their young daughter is the first extended member of the royal family to be born in America. She's done the acting thing so I don't think that they'd necessarily be above it. Freddie's mom is known for being a big time snob and while I know she wouldn't consent to being filmed I think there's possibility to get some comments about what eccentric in-laws she has. Sophie is only 35 this year so she's a little young but I think it could be a fun choice depending on whether or not her husband was willing to be filmed occasionally.

I certainly think that the above two choices would be better than having Brandi and Kim on the show. 

• Love 4
I was hoping that Real Soap (?) show Kelly Monaco was on with Kristen Storms would be like that, but it was a disappointment. Someone needs to dig up Robert Kelker Kelly and his child bride for this! And Dee Hall of course.

I think Bravo should do this! I'm even okay with them adding another soap actress to this show depending on what else she has to bring to the table. 

I would also love to know what the CBS crowd thinks of Eileen's appearances on the show so far. People like Sharon Case and Melody--you know they totally watch, lol. I'd like to know what Joshua Morrow's impressions were/are of Brandi too.

Deidre's too old for this show but I could see her working show about soap and former soap actresses. I remember reading awhile ago that her financial situation wasn't all that rosy which is surprising considering that she was the top paid actress at Days for so many years but maybe a lot of it was due to the messy divorce drama in addition to Dee having expensive tastes. I can't remember the figure now but just the amount she spent on makeup alone seemed crazy back when I read it.

• Love 1
(edited)

I nominate Julianne Morris, she was on Young & Restless and Days of Our Lives in the 90s and 00s and [drumroll] she dated Eddie Cibrian and Eddie was likely seeing her and Brandi at the same time. However I don't even want her on the show because of Brandi, Brandi may not even have a diamond, I figure that she was a serious girlfriend of Eddie Cibrian and therefore has an "interesting" personality. She is married to an actor and looks like she is more of a SAHM these days than a working actress.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 2

If the rumors are true, that a "big" name will leave the show after this season, IMO, it will be LisaV or Yolanda. I think Eileen was brought on to replace 1 of them and that is why she is getting such a large paycheck right away. IMO, LisaV is over this show as is Ken and she is withdrawing herself more and more each episode. Yolanda has health issues but could be kept on as a "friend of" instead as a full HW because she is still promoting Bella's career. JMO

• Love 4

My dream would be Paula Patton (Oh the Robin Thicke bashing alone!), but that's never going to happen. I would love to see Jennie Garth. Rumor is she needs the money, maybe as badly as Tori Spelling. Plus she's always struck me as being a bit of a tightly wound crazy under it all. I could see her as being the "I can't just walk away when I see something wrong" type that stirs up lots of drama with one hand and clutches her pearls with the other.

• Love 6

I nominate Julianne Morris, she was on Young & Restless and Days of Our Lives in the 90s and 00s and [drumroll] she dated Eddie Cibrian and Eddie was likely seeing her and Brandi at the same time. However I don't even want her on the show because of Brandi, Brandi may not even have a diamond, I figure that she was a serious girlfriend of Eddie Cibrian and therefore has an "interesting" personality. She is married to an actor and looks like she is more of a SAHM these days than a working actress.

That would be a good choice especially if Brandi gets another season. Plus Brandi will have more reason to trash Eddie.

A choice for me would be Cindy Crawford if so happens Yolanda is downgraded or let go from the show. Last I checked Cindy did live in Malibu, dont know if she still does. Yet she might ask for a bit more coin than Eileen even since shes a supermodel.

• Love 2

Ooh, good call on Jennie Garth. I bet you that would tweak Tori a bit too even though they're friends. Tiffani Amber Thiessen could be interesting too.

There really could/should be a real housewives of Malibu at this point.

• Love 3

Ooh, good call on Jennie Garth. I bet you that would tweak Tori a bit too even though they're friends. Tiffani Amber Thiessen could be interesting too.

There really could/should be a real housewives of Malibu at this point.

Jennie Garth is doing a home improvement show but it may be a one season thing, and Tiffani Thiesson  is doing a cooking show, also maybe a one season deal but IDK either would be fun to see on this show.

• Love 4
Oh my, this "prince" with the huge fucking beak is creepy.

It's interesting to see how these ladies respond to titles I'm not even just talking about this franchise. If that guy had been some minor producer I doubt Lisa and Camille (or Mauricio's mother for that matter) would have been so cutesy with him.

Also, from what I'm reading it seems that the prince was adopted (as an adult) and is legally allowed to use the title as a name but it doesn't seem that this guy has royal blood unless there's something that I'm misunderstanding. I wonder if the ladies knew this? The guy sounds like he's desperately trying to cash in on a title that's about as relevant as Luann's possibly even less so. 

Anyway, this takes me to getting a title for this show even if it's only in a friend like capacity because we definitely have some titles running around LA and the OC. I know for awhile the Duke and Duchess of Manchester were living in LA and Newport but I don't know if that's still the case. 

I remember when Monica Von Neumann's name was floated for awhile I thought that was an interesting idea.

Sophie Windsor would still be my first choice though although Catherine Oxenberg is probably more of a fit for reality TV. 

• Love 1