Type keyword(s) to search

Gotham in the Media

Athena
  • Start Topic

9 hours ago, Miss Dee said:

God, how horrible. My heart's just breaking for them all.

Yes, I hope this all turns out for the best.  I've always been sweet on DL of course and this is a nightmare for a parent.  And for a teenager.  Candles lit.

(edited)

Full Gotham panel at HVFF-Nashville on July 9th - warning: includes a few spoilers, but most of the panel is just fun or b-t-s stuff (David is so tall now!)...

Gotham cast part 1 Heroes and Villains Fan Fest 2017
Published on Jul 11, 2017, by IrishPower1977

Gotham cast part 2 Heroes and Villains Fan Fest 2017
Published on Jul 12, 2017, by IrishPower1977

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

2017 Emmy nominations for Gotham:

Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series
“Black Sails”
“Gotham”
“Homeland”
“Stranger Things”
“Westworld”

Outstanding Special Visual Effects in a Supporting Role
“The Crown”
“Genius”
“Gotham”
“The Handmaid’s Tale”
“Taboo”

Outstanding Stunt Coordination for a Drama Series, Limited Series or Movie
“The Blacklist”
“Blindspot”
“Gotham”
“Luke Cage”
“MacGyver”

Inaugural Tribeca TV Festival to Debut Gotham and Designated Survivor Premieres, Feature Will & Grace Cast
By Matt Webb Mitovich / August 16 2017, 8:14 AM PDT
http://tvline.com/2017/08/16/tribeca-tv-festival-gotham-designated-survivor-premieres/T

Tribeca Enterprises announced on Wednesday that to supplement its acclaimed annual film festival, this fall it would launch the Tribeca TV Festival, to run Sept. 22 through 24 at Cinepolis in New York City and feature numerous premieres and panel Q&As.

‎”Ten years ago we wouldn’t have needed a TV festival. Now, with the change in the TV landscape, both the quality and quantity of shows, it makes sense,” Tribeca co-founder Robert De Niro said in a statement. “As the Tribeca Film Festival has done, the Tribeca TV Festival will act as a curator in bringing people together for this emerging experience.”
SATURDAY, SEPT. 23
4 pm | Gotham (Fox)

Executive producer Danny Cannon will be joined by cast members Ben McKenzie, Robin Lord Taylor, Camren Bicondova, David Mazouz, Sean Pertwee and Jessica Lucas, as they premiere the Season 4 opener, “The Fear Reaper.”

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

Gotham panel at New York Comic Con next month...

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49066/Warner-Bros-Television-Takeover

Warner Bros. Television Takeover
October 08, 2017, 2:00 PM - 4:45 PM

Hammerstein Ballroom - 311 W 34th St
Join stars and producers from Warner Bros. Television series, including Blindspot, Castle Rock and Gotham for exclusive footage and Q&As at the Hammerstein Ballroom.
Gotham: Special Video Presentation and Q&A — As Gotham’s origin story continues to unfold, the stakes will be higher than ever in season 4! With the Court of Owls decimated, the aftermath of the Tetch virus crippling the city, and every (surviving) villain in Gotham’s underworld jockeying for power, Jim Gordon and the GCPD will have their hands full.   And that’s just the beginning!   What threat does Ra’s al Ghul pose, will Penguin successfully license crime, and what does Bruce Wayne’s season finale reveal mean for Gotham City, and his ultimate destiny?   Join Gotham as the show returns to New York Comic Con for a special video presentation, followed by a Q&A with series stars and producers. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham airs on its new night, Thursdays at 8/7c beginning September 21 on FOX, and Gotham: The Complete Third Season is available now on Digital, Blu-ray™ and DVD. Become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/GOTHAMonFOX, and follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.

Edited by tv echo

Yeah, the person cutting their promos is doing a great job. The Scarecrow stuff looks exciting and creepy.

ETA: TV Line interview with Danny Cannon on Season Four

Season 4 of the DC Comics drama, says exec producer Danny Cannon, is “focusing on character more than anything else” — namely, how Jim Gordon, Penguin and other established characters react to Bruce Wayne’s coming of age: “Somebody who until now has been seen as a wealthy child is now seen as the emerging threat he is.” As Bruce faces that future, watch for Alfred to vie for mentorship of his ward with Ra’s al Ghul. (“An almost amoral figure from such a dark and ancient past coming into Bruce’s life when he is so susceptible to influence gives us lots of drama,” Cannon notes.) Jim’s world meanwhile will be rocked by no less than a return, a new love and new, canon DC villains — such as Scarecrow, Professor Pyg (Fringe‘s Michael Cerveris), Toymaker and Solomon Grundy né Butch Gilzean — just as Penguin’s plan to “legitimize crime” steers Gotham into a(nother) spiral.

BONUS SPOILER!: Selina’s alliance with Tabitha is all part of “building up the Sirens’ origin story,” Barbara and Ivy included, says Cannon. “We’ll be watching Selina turn into a woman, but what kind of woman will she be? Vengeful and resentful, or somebody of amazing potential?”

Edited by Kostgard
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, DR14 said:

I have never liked them replacing Clare Foley.

This is yet further evidence, as if one needed more, they have no clue how to handle this character.

Agree 100%. Heck, 200%. I thought they should have made Maggie Geha play a mentor character to Claire Foley's Ivy- after all, we need to see how she develops into the criminal we know.

A development, I will point out, that we have hardly seen at all.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, DR14 said:

I have never liked them replacing Clare Foley.

This is yet further evidence, as if one needed more, they have no clue how to handle this character.

I think their original plan to age up teen Ivy  into 28 year old femme fatale bombshell ivy was derailed by the audience pointing out that it didn't matter what she looked like, she was a still 14/15 year old girl. I suspect they're going to try the same thing again, hoping that by recasting and spouting some plant mumbo jumbo, we'll forget. It's not going to work. I like Peyton List, but that's not going to change the fact that Ivy's still at least a year younger than Selina.

Edited by Lokiberry
  • Love 3
6 minutes ago, Danielg342 said:

Agree 100%. Heck, 200%. I thought they should have made Maggie Geha play a mentor character to Claire Foley's Ivy- after all, we need to see how she develops into the criminal we know.

A development, I will point out, that we have hardly seen at all.

Yeah, that could have been a S3 plotline for Ivy.  She could've then joined up with Selina and Babs/Tabs this season.

Then the Sirens would look more like the real Gotham City Sirens.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lokiberry said:

I think their original plan to age up teen Ivy  into 28 year old femme fatale bombshell ivy was derailed by the audience pointing out that it didn't matter what she looked like, she was a still 14/15 year old girl. I suspect they're going to try the same thing again, hoping that by recasting and spouting some plant mumbo jumbo, we'll forget. It's not going to work. I like Peyton List, but that's not going to change the fact that Ivy's still at least a year younger than Selina.

This is the only reason I can think of. Because...why would they think Geha wouldn't be capable of the "darker" version of Ivy they plan on bringing in?

Honestly, I don't have strong feelings for Ivy either way so I'm not upset about this. Just...kinda baffled. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, doram said:

Which Peyton List? There are 2 of them. 

Peyton List (b 1986) is the face in the article but Peyton List (b 1988) is the Disney vet. 

It's the first one. Disney Peyton is technically Peyton R. List, I believe (the other one must have gotten her SAG card first). Nerdist didn't really do their homework when they wrote that headline.

ETA: Looking back, it seems like maybe they have been planning this for a little while? Ivy had no cast "portrait" photo for season four and she wasn't part of the big group cast photo (she had a "portrait" promo photo for season three, though she wasn't in the group shot). And in the credits she went from regular cast member to guest cast. That makes it seem like the producers weren't planning on keeping Geha around.

Edited by Kostgard
5 minutes ago, Kathemy said:

It'll be most amusing to hear the writers' excuse for this recast. We all remember the last one.

The hate. The f%&king burning hate.

Are you going to stop watching? Are you really going to stop reviewing because I actually do like your reviews.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, doram said:

Which Peyton List? There are 2 of them. 

Peyton List (b 1986) is the face in the article but Peyton List (b 1988) is the Disney vet. 

I'm the one who goofed...Nerdist got it right. I'm more aware of the Disney vet so that's who I thought it was. I'm used to Disney alums "going darker" as a means to break away from their Disney personas, so I thought that's what was happening here.

Apparently, I'm not the only one who gets confused.

I should also note the other Peyton List was born in 1998, not 1988.

Again, I wish Clare was still Ivy, but I do feel bad for Maggie.  She did a Facebook LIVE chat last month to promote the show, and now she's been tossed aside.

Just, I don't understand the thought process of the showrunners.

• Love 3
12 minutes ago, Horsesrunwild said:

Are you going to stop watching? Are you really going to stop reviewing because I actually do like your reviews.

Slowly coming to my senses.

I've reviewed this show for more than two years. I've been a fan from the first season. I'm in this to the bitter end.

I can all but guarantee, though, my coverage won't be pretty. Yesterday I had to actively restrain myself from making comments that would've gotten me banned here, on the hype, and probably even on reddit.

4 hours ago, DR14 said:

She did a Facebook LIVE chat last month to promote the show, and now she's been tossed aside.

I assume they would have told her in advance that she was being dropped though. She could have done the Facebook live by her own choice..

10 hours ago, doram said:
  1. For a moment I thought they were de-ageing Ivy, if that makes any sense, by casting her as someone closer in age to Clare Foley and I got excited.
  2. Really have no idea why these guys can't figure out this character...it looks like they really can only write three versions of women on this show: sexy, crazy or both. 
  1. Which, of course, raises the question "why not just bring back Clare Foley"? Surely she could have played a de-aged Ivy.
  2. I hear you. You could say the same about everything else on this show, though arguably what's going on with Ivy is the most blatant example of it.
2 hours ago, Kathemy said:

Made a... you know, like, tumblr post. Because copypasting gets old.

http://kathemy.tumblr.com/post/166998360516/reasoned-reaction

One quote really sticks out for me from that:

"So on special occasions, it’s not going to be every week here’s a famous villain that you remember"

Yet it's precisely what this show has done for the past two seasons.

It's amazing how Heller went completely against everything he said in that interview...he also said he didn't want to sexualize the young characters. Yet we've already had Bruce in spandex and Cat's cleavage on top of what they've already done with Ivy.

• Love 2

@Danielg342, I could expand a lot on the argument - Bruno's argument is a bit more nuanced than that - but as I'm off to work I'll just note that it's become increasingly clear that Bruno has been outmaneuvered and little of the show follows his original vision. Yes, he made quite a few changes over the first year, but the first Ivy recast? That's where it was clear to me. While Bruno is no "God", he has a certain integrity, and that was no Bruno move. He's also never defended it.

Edited by Kathemy
Really? Editing within 10 seconds counts as edited? Bah!
  • Love 1
On October 30, 2017 at 5:35 PM, jay741982 said:

And TO ME Maggie Geha pulls of the very sexiness of Ivy compared to Peyton List. Both are very attractive women just Maggie Geha looks more like a Bombshell JMO

Gotham has always been a mess. It's clear TPTB have no game plan and never will. This is pretty much the last straw for me. They never even gave Geha a chance. IA on the actresses. I think Geha is very sexy & oozes sex appeal. I do not see List pulling that off.

• Love 1

They obviously have no clue with what to do with Poison Ivy. They should've waited until they had a use for her to introduce her. 3 different versions of the same character just looks messy. With the first recast they should've just had Ivy Pepper be proto-Posion Ivy, then introduce Maggie Geha as her cousin Pamela Isley. 

This second recast just doesn't make any sense. Maggie Geha is plenty sexy they could've just said her transformation caught her mind up with her body. Plus I'd rather see Selina get more to do then see another version of Ivy. 

• Love 2
On 01/11/2017 at 0:52 AM, Kathemy said:

just note that it's become increasingly clear that Bruno has been outmaneuvered and little of the show follows his original vision.

True- it's more Stephen's and Cannon that speak about the show now. I also wonder if FOX is meddling too, which could explain Ivy's recasts.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:48 PM, Sakura12 said:

Plus I'd rather see Selina get more to do then see another version of Ivy. 

Hell, I'd even rather see Selina not get more to do than see another version of Ivy.