Type keyword(s) to search

Gotham in the Media

Athena
  • Start Topic

So it actually increased from the previous week, still relatively weak, but hey!

Other than Empire (and, to a lesser extent, Rosewood) Fox is pretty weak in general right now, Gotham is actually one of the highest rated (non Empire) shows on the network.

• Love 1

Gotham got a nomination for an Art Director's Guild award:

EXCELLENCE IN PRODUCTION DESIGN FOR TELEVISION, ONE-HOUR PERIOD OR FANTASY SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES

DOWNTON ABBEY: “A Moorland Holiday”
Production Designer: DONAL WOODS

GAME OF THRONES: “High Sparrow,” “Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken,” “Hardhome”
Production Designer: DEBORAH RILEY

GOTHAM: “Strike Force,” “Dammed If You Do…”
Production Designer: RICHARD BERG

THE KNICK: “Ten Knots,” “The Best With The Best To Get The Best,” “Wonderful Surprises”
Production Designer: HOWARD CUMMINGS

MAD MEN: “Person to Person”
Production Designer: DAN BISHOP

Morena Baccarin, Ben McKenzie welcome baby girl

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/people/2016/03/10/exclusive-morena-baccarin-ben-mckenzie-welcome-baby-girl/81623128/

It’s a baby girl for Morena Baccarin and Ben McKenzie!

The Gotham stars welcomed their first child on March 2, USA TODAY can exclusively report.

And the little one's got an adorable vintage baby name: Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan.

“Morena and Ben are so happy to welcome baby girl Frances Laiz Setta Schenkkan on March 2,” reps Jennifer Allen and Rhett Usry confirm to USA TODAY. “All are happy and healthy and appreciate the well-wishes."

Emmy Nominations for Gotham:

Gotham

OUTSTANDING CINEMATOGRAPHY FOR A SINGLE-CAMERA SERIES *(for "Azrael")

OUTSTANDING SOUND EDITING FOR A SERIES *(for "Azrael")

OUTSTANDING STUNT COORDINATION FOR A DRAMA SERIES, LIMITED SERIES OR MOVIE

The Monday competition was already furious. Thursday puts it up against heavily female-skewing shows, TBBT and a weaker football lineup. I don't really think it'll hurt from it, but The Orville might be a dud.

The good news about Thursday is that, as the night before the movies come out, it's a TV network's "prime night" so FOX moving Gotham here must mean they still have high hopes for it. We're likely getting a full season- to bring it to syndication numbers- so I'm guessing FOX is going all out, and how well it does in S4 will translate to how long S5 will be.

• Love 1

I think I heard RLT mention in an interview that they got picked up for a full 22 episodes for season four, so there shouldn't be a question there. I hope Thursdays works for the show, but I still wish they left it on Monday and paired it with The Gifted.

12 hours ago, Danielg342 said:

The good news about Thursday is that, as the night before the movies come out, it's a TV network's "prime night" so FOX moving Gotham here must mean they still have high hopes for it. We're likely getting a full season- to bring it to syndication numbers- so I'm guessing FOX is going all out, and how well it does in S4 will translate to how long S5 will be.

It is pretty much incredulous how some people are selling Gotham moving to Thursdays as some sort of "death slot." Thursday 8PM is a death slot now?`That's just crazy. A "competitive slot" is by definition not a "death slot." Also Gotham's move to Thursday is clear counter-programming with the show going up against heavily female-skewing fare. Realistically Gotham's competition is weaker on Thursday for this reason; the football games are way less watched than on Mondays.

I am pretty much convinced that the show will pull out all stops for the fourth season and see how it goes.

• Love 1
On 6/6/2017 at 9:20 AM, Kathemy said:

It is pretty much incredulous how some people are selling Gotham moving to Thursdays as some sort of "death slot." Thursday 8PM is a death slot now?`That's just crazy. A "competitive slot" is by definition not a "death slot." Also Gotham's move to Thursday is clear counter-programming with the show going up against heavily female-skewing fare. Realistically Gotham's competition is weaker on Thursday for this reason; the football games are way less watched than on Mondays.

I am pretty much convinced that the show will pull out all stops for the fourth season and see how it goes.

Do you know that Gotham is not facing Will and Grace anymore? Now its facing Superstore and the Good Place. Is this worse for Gotham competition wise? I don't know? Here is a Link: http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/05/this-is-us-season-2-returning-to.html

@Horsesrunwild: Somewhat better.  Will and Grace landed major buzz for their viral video last fall and the order was expanded from 10 to 12 episodes (for now.)  Superstore and the Good Place are doing ok numbers for NBC.  Arrow is on at 9 which avoids splitting DC TV fandom in the same hour.  As for the "death slot" it really depends on the network and night.  ABC has had major problems launching 10 PM shows outside of How to Get Away With Murder in the last few years.  Fox had issues with Thursdays.  This is a move to stop the bleeding for Fox.  Not pulling the best live numbers but Netflix and DVR are helping the cause.  And I'm hoping this will lessen the VERY fractured scheduling that it suffered this season. I would have enjoyed this season a lot more if it wasn't for the double hiatus. 

• Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Kostgard said:

Season Four will premiere September 28th.

Interestingly, Fox seems to be betting on Gotham's Thursday night partner, The Orville, since that is getting a couple special post-football showings before joining Gotham on the 28th. 

Glad to see that The Orville isn't "Oh, White People", so I'll give it a look.  Seth McFarland is more misses than hits with me, so I'm not holding out high hopes.

Edited by jhlipton

Warner Bros. TV has released their SDCC 2017 schedule...

SATURDAY, JULY 22
2:50–3:50 p.m. Gotham Special Video Presentation and Q&A Gotham’s origin story continues to unfold, and as the show enters its fourth season, the stakes will be higher than ever! With the Court of Owls decimated, the aftermath of the Tetch virus crippling the city, and every (surviving) villain in Gotham’s underworld jockeying for power, Jim Gordon and the GCPD will have their hands full. And that’s just the beginning! What threat does Ra’s al Ghul pose, and will Penguin regain his title as the King of Gotham? What new villains are in store for season four, and what does Bruce Wayne’s season finale reveal mean for Gotham City — and his ultimate destiny? Be among the first to see what’s in store for season four as Gotham returns to Comic-Con for a special video presentation, followed by a Q&A with series stars and producers. From Warner Bros. Television, Gotham returns September 28 with all-new episodes on its new night, Thursdays at 8/7c on FOX. Gotham: The Complete Third Season is available now on Digital and will be released on Blu-ray™ and DVD on August 29. Follow the show on Twitter at @Gotham.  Indigo Ballroom

https://www.newsarama.com/35128-wb-tv-s-comic-con-international-san-diego-presentation-schedule.html

EW's Superhero Insider podcast with Kyle Anderson and Natalie Abrams, joined by Damian Holbrook (warning: a tad spoilery, but mostly rehashing past seasons and speculation about next season)...

All Things Gotham with Damian Holbrook
June 29, 2017

33 minutes ago, tv echo said:

EW's Superhero Insider podcast with Kyle Anderson and Natalie Abrams, joined by Damian Holbrook (warning: a tad spoilery, but mostly rehashing past seasons and speculation about next season)...

All Things Gotham with Damian Holbrook
June 29, 2017

Hey tv echo. I don't want this sit through this so I was just wondering, do they mention if Barbara and her portrayer are really gone from the show? Thanks.

(edited)
16 hours ago, Proteus said:

Hey tv echo. I don't want this sit through this so I was just wondering, do they mention if Barbara and her portrayer are really gone from the show? Thanks.

I don't believe they said anything definite about Erin Richards (who plays Barbara) returning or not returning next season.

Spoiler

Damian Holbrook did mention that everyone is speculating that Barbara could become Harley Quinn, but he said: "She's not... It's not going to play out that way." He sounded pretty definite about this.

Holbrook also said that he had been concerned about what they were going to do with Barbara and Tabitha, but liked what they did with these two this past season in terms of being both friends and antagonists.

My personal opinion is that she'll return, considering how many times Penguin and Fish Mooney have "died" and returned - now even Butch.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, tv echo said:

I don't believe they said anything definite about Erin Richards (who plays Barbara) returning or not returning next season.

Hide contents

Damian Holbrook did mention that everyone is speculating that Barbara could become Harley Quinn, but he said: "She's not... It's not going to play out that way." He sounded pretty definite about this.

Holbrook also said that he had been concerned about what they were going to do with Barbara and Tabitha, but liked what they did with these two this past season in terms of being both friends and antagonists.

My personal opinion is that she'll return, considering how many times Penguin and Fish Mooney have "died" and returned - now even Butch.

Thanks a lot. She's the only reason I watch so if she doesn't return I won't be watching anymore.