Type keyword(s) to search

Gotham in the Media

Athena
  • Start Topic

^ those are adorable!

Here's an EW article with Ben that talks about what when wrong with season 1. The stuff about season 2 isn't spoilery at all.

https://twitter.com/samhighfill/status/634399707381547008

Ben seems pretty smart/perceptive. I agree with both points he made. The half-a-dozen (slight exaggeration) hiatuses definitely drove some of the audience away. If it wasn't for twitter, I'd have proabably forgotten about it too. It's hard to remain faithful to a show that promises to be back in 2 weeks, then a month, then another 2 weeks, etc. One large winter hiatus (and maybe one interruption in the weekly scheduling is enough).

The second problem is pretty valid too, although it can have both pros and cons depending on the type of show. But for Gotham and the story it's telling, it's probably better that it's switching over to a more grander scheme.

The first season was a bit messy too, but it needs time to find it's groove. We've become pretty spoiled due to the whole "tv golden age" thing that's happening right about now. Most shows aren't perfect right off the bat.

Edited by HoodlumSheep
  • Love 2

I dropped the show about halfway, but it wasn't because of hiatuses; I don't even remember any in the first half. And I didn't have a problem with the procedural aspect; I was already expecting that coming in. Plus, the show did have the ongoing stories of the rise of Oswald, Fish's coup, and the Wayne murder mystery. (The former two much more successful than the latter, IMO.)

Now, what DID drive me away was that the showrunners and I had fundamentally different ideas about a pre-Batman Gotham story should be. I thought they focused too much on the villains and not enough on Gordon and Bruce. The lack of progress on the Wayne murder case was frustrating. And the show was too over-the-top for my tastes in certain areas.

• Love 3

CTV Television Network is a Canadian English language broadcast television network...

Promo CTV Fall programs (including Arrow, AOS, Flash, Gotham, Quantico, ...)
Published on Sep 2, 2015, by Rana Kosec

Based on that ratings list, everyone was watching Big Bang Theory first, then either Life in Pieces, or switched to DWTS or The Voice. Crazy.

I wonder if Gotham's ratings will improve a bit once it moves to Thursday.

Otherwise, solid premiere - I enjoyed it and I'm gonna watch live.

I wonder if Gotham's ratings will improve a bit once [bBT] moves to Thursday.

Well... then Supergirl is going to be in that slot, and I'm betting there's a good amount of crossover between audiences. Not to mention, it's one of the most (if not THE most) anticipated new shows this season.

• Love 1

They could if they want baby Barbara Gordon to be Batgirl. Although I'd have no idea why they would want to name their kid after Jim's psycho ex. But hey it's television and they rarely follow logic. 

Edited by Sakura12

Man, I feel out of the loop.  Didn't even know they were dating, but already expecting their first child?  Jim and Leslie move fast!

If the plan is to make Leslie be the mother of future Barbara Gordon, they could use that to write her pregnancy in.  If not, I guess Leslie will be suddenly standing behind a lot of tables in future episodes.  Or maybe it really was planned to have Leslie pregnant, and Ben and Morena are just that method in their acting!

• Love 2

Man, I feel out of the loop.  Didn't even know they were dating, but already expecting their first child?  Jim and Leslie move fast!

If the plan is to make Leslie be the mother of future Barbara Gordon, they could use that to write her pregnancy in.  If not, I guess Leslie will be suddenly standing behind a lot of tables in future episodes.  Or maybe it really was planned to have Leslie pregnant, and Ben and Morena are just that method in their acting!

I didn't know they were dating either, but congrats to them! Leslie has a built-in visual trick if she starts wearing lab coats on a regular basis, though it depends upon whether the actress gains weight in her face as some pregnant women do.

I am just speculating, as I didn't even have a clue that they would crazy Barbara up, but if she were to somehow die saving a pregnant Leslie in a moment of regret or somesuch the Gordons (assuming they marry) would probably name a daughter after her. (However, Leslie IS a comics character and never had a relationship with Jim nor really with Barbara, so there is no obligation to even have a Barbara Gordon Batgirl in the Gotham Universe.)

• Love 1

Well, that escalated quickly.

When the private lives of celebs become more of a soap opera than the show they are on.

Ben's sister and cousin GA's Sara Drew welcomed Morena to the family via Twitter.

So I figured a wedding announcement would come at some point.

Like ummm, after the ink dried on the divorce papers, that she hasn't gotten yet.

And it would be, them quietly getting married.

McKenzie always seemed quite guarded with his private life.

Oh well....

Edited by MrsRafaelBarba

Well, that escalated quickly. 

When the private lives of celebs become more of a soap opera than the show they are on. 

I know, when I first heard that she was pregnant I was all, "Oh, ok!  Good for them!"  Then I found out that she was still married, and the timing of everything, and I'm all like o_O.  All right, then.