Type keyword(s) to search

If You Like GBBO: Other Bake Off Series And Show Recommendations

• Start Topic

On 5/20/2023 at 2:22 AM, paramitch said:

Ditto. I'm watching the latest season now, and in the B group, there is one child that honestly has no business being on the show (and all he talks about is his "acting" and "singing"). I mean, like, every single challenge, this kid is like, "Oh, I forgot to include the eggs, the butter, the flour, the baking powder," etc. EVERY TIME. And his resulting creations have all looked absolutely terrible.

I normally love the Junior shows (and I still love this season), but it's been distracting to watch this absolutely unqualified kid flounder around while talking about what a good actor he is.

I came here to say same thing.  How did he get on the show and how did he not go, I think on 3rd episode, and the older girl go before him?!  I think they are keeping him for entertainment.  But it's not entertaining to watch him completely botch each challenge.  His Fish and Chips was awful, and I realize the judges are not going to be harsh but come one.  His fish looked nothing close to being a fish.  He seems like a nice kid, I just do not know how he got on this show and has not gone home yet.

• Love 1
18 minutes ago, RoxiP said:

I just finished that season and I couldn't agree more.  How did he make it through past the first or second show?

I ask myself that about Harry Hill on every episode.  NOT an appropriate host for a children's show.

• Like 2
On 6/1/2023 at 1:43 PM, AZChristian said:

I ask myself that about Harry Hill on every episode.  NOT an appropriate host for a children's show.

Oh I so agree - some of his remarks are definitely off color and some of the conversations he has with the children border on inappropriate.

Speaking of inappropriate - did you see how fast they got rid of that one little girl whose casually used curse words?  

• Like 1