Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

Spoilers With Speculation

What in the holy hell was that preview for next week? Is there a synopsis somewhere? 

9 minutes ago, Demian said:

Looks like this show is ending without a finale.  And after I spent so many hours watching its desperately disappointing final season....

As disappointing and terrible as I’m finding this last season, that article sounds like a lot of speculation and with only 2 episodes left to film I think there’s more of a chance they’ll finish it. Jim Michaels tweeted saying they would but I guess we will see. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheJimMichaels/status/1239724981103149057

12 hours ago, Demian said:

Looks like this show is ending without a finale.  And after I spent so many hours watching its desperately disappointing final season....

Supernatural was specifically called out as NOT definitively ending without a finale;

It is also possible, by the way, that a handful of network shows will find a way to finish up their season orders earlier if the showrunner has enough clout or it makes financial sense — think a big hit such as Grey’s Anatomy. Warner Bros. and the CW might also be facing a very tough call in coming weeks: The series finale of Supernatural has not yet been filmed. It’s hard to think the network and studio will want to just let the show end without a good-bye, but depending on when production can resume, it might be hard to get the cast and Vancouver-based crew back together again. All of this is just speculation, however: Officially, nothing has been decided about either Grey’s or Supernatural. 

In other news:

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just have to think Misha's 'maudlin and melodramatic' tweet was more than just being cooped up at home. Honestly, I think at least the three of them (J2M) know what's up. IMO, their silence speaks louder than words.

NOTE:  NO cross-posting the info below elsewhere. It's just speculation.

Last November Misha indicated he was having his second hip surgery at the last week of March.  I hassled him because I said filming goes on until the 3rd of April!  He couldn't possibly recover in time.  He disassembled but I realize after the fact that he basically let slip he's not filming the last (maybe) 4-5 days.  He knew this in November.  And of course he proved me wrong by SKIING in December after the first hip surgery.  So it may be just a bump in the road for a couple of days. 

Still, it seems possible with his text added, that Cas is either gone at the start of the finale or at the end of 15.19.  JUST SPECULATION -- NOT A KNOWN SPOILER.  They also could have planned to film out of order as it was clear 15.19/15.20 is a two-parter.  Finally, it's long ago been reported that ONLY J2 were scheduled to film the LAST SCENE on the extra day of filming (3 April) that they added to their contracts.  So, make of that what you will.  

Edited by SueB
  • Like 2
  • Useful 3

20 hours ago, desiresrisked said:

Jim Michaels tweeted saying they would but I guess we will see. 

I dunno -- with the lockdowns now likely to spread through North America, it's unlikely they'll be able to film and produce the final episodes before the May sweeps period.  And if they miss the May sweeps period, I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that The Powers That Be will just write those final episodes off.

Hope springs eternal, though, I guess -- maybe they'll eventually get those episodes done?  Still, I doubt it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Demian said:

I dunno -- with the lockdowns now likely to spread through North America, it's unlikely they'll be able to film and produce the final episodes before the May sweeps period.  And if they miss the May sweeps period, I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that The Powers That Be will just write those final episodes off.

Hope springs eternal, though, I guess -- maybe they'll eventually get those episodes done?  Still, I doubt it.

Deadline and Cinema Blend don't think they will be able to film the finale. They are hopeful for a CSI style wrap up movie in the summer but admit it's harder with Jared's Walker commitments. With all the talks of two and three month lock downs, the theaters closed for 6 to 12 weeks and movie dates being switched as late as may, I don't see how it would be possible to film 19 and 20 until at least late May (and that's overly generous). Even then they have to coordinate everyone then film for 3 weeks. Then there is the additional money they would have to put out to get it done. I think Michaels is speaking as a producer. There will be an ending but how and when is completely up in the air. Remember, he is they guy that said Crowley could return until Mark shut him down pretty adamantly.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

15 hours ago, Lastcall said:

Deadline and Cinema Blend don't think they will be able to film the finale. They are hopeful for a CSI style wrap up movie in the summer but admit it's harder with Jared's Walker commitments. With all the talks of two and three month lock downs, the theaters closed for 6 to 12 weeks and movie dates being switched as late as may, I don't see how it would be possible to film 19 and 20 until at least late May (and that's overly generous). Even then they have to coordinate everyone then film for 3 weeks. Then there is the additional money they would have to put out to get it done. I think Michaels is speaking as a producer. There will be an ending but how and when is completely up in the air. Remember, he is they guy that said Crowley could return until Mark shut him down pretty adamantly.  

Well maybe now we will get an ending that Supernatural deserves that Jensen has a say in that is created by a dream team he assembles which does not include Dabb et al. and especially the heinous nepotism duo.

• Like 3

So since they announced tonight's episode will be last shown for now--because of sound and FX issues not being able to be done for the rest already filmed...we could have last 7 shown together.  Because none of these last 7 can get done completely before restrictions are lifted.  And yes--we'll end up getting the last 2.

• Useful 2

9 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Tonight's episode is really good guys! enjoy (a leaked version is making the rounds.)

How does this keep happening? I never heard of it before, but now this is two eps in a row. Who is it being leaked to?

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) discover a wood nymph (guest star Meagan Fey) living in the bunker who is determined to protect her family, at any cost. Eduardo Sanchez directed the episode written by Jeremy Adams (#1514).

Looking at this synopsis and the last episode got before coronahiatus, and the upcoming titles:

15.14 Last Holiday

15.15 Gimme Shelter

15.16 Drag Me Away (From You)

15.17 Unity

15.18 The Truth

15.19 Inherit the Earth

15.20 Carry On

This theme of 'close down every other place' is continuing on.  For example, the AU Sam & Dean showing up.  Now we have someone from the Fairy Realm?  And the title after that is "Gimme Shelter".  Just seems like a common theme. Perhaps by the time we get to "Unity" this collapsing thing will be 'done'.  

Episode I'm looking MOST forward to: "The Truth".  I'm so desperate for real answers.  

Edited by SueB
  • Like 3

Last Holiday- I think this is supposed to be the episode where Sam and Dean meet their friend, the guy who is big on manners.   Written by Jeremy Adams (I think that is his last name)

Gimme Shelter- I believe this is the Cas centric ep.  Not sure who wrote it, but probably Perez.

Drag me Away (From you)- Weechester ep written by Dabb's assistant.

Unity- No idea what this is about or who wrote it. Maybe Glynn or Perez

The Truth- Written by Berens.  My guess is its about Jack.  This is the ep I believe where Jensen says "stop killing my people."  This would be the episode I'm really not looking forward too.  Berens is my least favorite writer.  I wonder if this is that ep that was refered to that takes in the bunker and is supposed to be five stories in one.

15,19 Inherit the Earth.  Dabb is so literal I'm guessing this is where Jack becomes God.   Written by Buck/Lemming.  You know things are bad when these two are the strongest writers.

Carry On- the aftermath of there being no Supernatural creatures left.   Sam and Dean trying to figure out their future.

• Useful 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Last Holiday- I think this is supposed to be the episode where Sam and Dean meet their friend, the guy who is big on manners.   Written by Jeremy Adams (I think that is his last name)

Gimme Shelter- I believe this is the Cas centric ep.  Not sure who wrote it, but probably Perez.

Drag me Away (From you)- Weechester ep written by Dabb's assistant.

Unity- No idea what this is about or who wrote it. Maybe Glynn or Perez

The Truth- Written by Berens.  My guess is its about Jack.  This is the ep I believe where Jensen says "stop killing my people."  This would be the episode I'm really not looking forward too.  Berens is my least favorite writer.  I wonder if this is that ep that was refered to that takes in the bunker and is supposed to be five stories in one.

15,19 Inherit the Earth.  Dabb is so literal I'm guessing this is where Jack becomes God.   Written by Buck/Lemming.  You know things are bad when these two are the strongest writers.

Carry On- the aftermath of there being no Supernatural creatures left.   Sam and Dean trying to figure out their future.

None of this sounds appealing to me-not coming from Dabb and co. anyway.

But the ones that sound most unappealing to me?

Drag Me Away(from you)-sounds like another bronlies wet dream along the same lines as Red Meat-probably just involving weechesters this time. 

I've read Dabb's comic concerning them.

No thanks.

And the last three, tbh.

The Truth?-Just another Berens episode. 

That's all I need to know about it.

And ITA with your thoughts on the last two.

My guess for the series finale?-the S5 finale all over again, yet again, and one more time-because it's Dabb and co. 

So yeah, not really waiting with bated breath for any of these. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Myrelle · Reason: Spelling
  • Sad 4

On 3/26/2020 at 7:28 PM, SueB said:

Looking at this synopsis and the last episode got before coronahiatus, and the upcoming titles:

15.14 Last Holiday

15.15 Gimme Shelter

15.16 Drag Me Away (From You)

15.17 Unity

15.18 The Truth

15.19 Inherit the Earth

15.20 Carry On

This theme of 'close down every other place' is continuing on.  For example, the AU Sam & Dean showing up.  Now we have someone from the Fairy Realm?  And the title after that is "Gimme Shelter".  Just seems like a common theme. Perhaps by the time we get to "Unity" this collapsing thing will be 'done'.  

Episode I'm looking MOST forward to: "The Truth".  I'm so desperate for real answers.  

Taking my response to BvJ.

Edited by Castiels Cat

16 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Live action ScoobyNatural?

I love that Dean is such a kid a heart when it come to simple/silly pleasures. Seems like the stick up Sam's butt is firmly in place. I wonder whose idea it was/is to make him such a humourless character.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love that Dean is such a kid a heart when it come to simple/silly pleasures. Seems like the stick up Sam's butt is firmly in place. I wonder whose idea it was/is to make him such a humourless character.

They kind of touched on that at the last convention.  Sam is sort of the straight man to Dean's comic over the top behavior.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

They kind of touched on that at the last convention.  Sam is sort of the straight man to Dean's comic over the top behavior.

A straight man doesn't have to be humorless (look at George Burns and Gracie Allen or any famous comedy team.)  It just means that he sets up the joke, lets the other deliver it, and then he reacts to it.  The comic doesn't have to be OTT, either.  It's just that these writers have no subtlety and/or the boys tend to play the lines as OTT as written--so one is slapstick and the other a stick.  

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

taken to BvJ.

I`d be happy to have not seen another clown-scene of the Dabb-and-his-ilk humor in the entirety of the 7 episodes left. Humor used to be sprinkled in as a way to alleviate some tension but nowaways you barely have any tension remaining in between 19.5 slapstick episodes per Season.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Was re-watching the March 16 clip TV Guide that had with the boys talking about the final scene--key clues...Jensen says Dean has big ugly cry reacting to it, Misha says there won't dry eye in the house and also says he's very happy with where Cas's arc will seemingly go.  

What would make Dean cry big time?  I think it could only be the death of either Sam or Cas OR Dean's permanent separation from one of them.  And since Misha has already said he'd prefer a sacrificing death for Cas--this makes me think this is why he's happy with Cas's arc...Cas dies helping the bros imo.  Know some of here don't like Cas anymore but personally i'd hate this fate for Cas...big time(and now a big chunk of fandom will also hate it)!   But I fear this is where they are going.

It wouldn't be Jack dying because Dean would be sad but wouldn't have a huge cry over that imo.   IT Could be Sam dying but I don't see him dying with the some version of peace happening...and didn't we get the hint the the very last moment is between the brothers?  If so, doesn't sound like Sam death.

Maybe Sam being permanently separated from Dean like some speculated it being related to Jared saying the possession with Amara thing.  Maybe but don't see that as likely.  If all the Winchesters were reunited--that could also cause a big Dean cry--but again imo not very likely.  So i'd say a Cas death seems likely.  Hope i'm wrong big time.  

What is everyone's best guess that makes Dean cry big time in final scene?  Any guesses.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Was re-watching the March 16 clip TV Guide that had with the boys talking about the final scene--key clues...Jensen says Dean has big ugly cry reacting to it, Misha says there won't dry eye in the house and also says he's very happy with where Cas's arc will seemingly go.  

What would make Dean cry big time?  I think it could only be the death of either Sam or Cas OR Dean's permanent separation from one of them.  And since Misha has already said he'd prefer a sacrificing death for Cas--this makes me think this is why he's happy with Cas's arc...Cas dies helping the bros imo.  Know some of here don't like Cas anymore but personally i'd hate this fate for Cas...big time(and now a big chunk of fandom will also hate it)!   But I fear this is where they are going.

It wouldn't be Jack dying because Dean would be sad but wouldn't have a huge cry over that imo.   IT Could be Sam dying but I don't see him dying with the some version of peace happening...and didn't we get the hint the the very last moment is between the brothers?  If so, doesn't sound like Sam death.

Maybe Sam being permanently separated from Dean like some speculated it being related to Jared saying the possession with Amara thing.  Maybe but don't see that as likely.  If all the Winchesters were reunited--that could also cause a big Dean cry--but again imo not very likely.  So i'd say a Cas death seems likely.  Hope i'm wrong big time.  

What is everyone's best guess that makes Dean cry big time in final scene?  Any guesses.

Big *ugly* cry doesn't sound like a happy kind of cry (as in, all the Winchesters reunited).  Dean  has seen Cas die many times and his main reaction has been the OPT so I don't think even a final sacrifice would warrant a big ugly cry.  IA that Jack wouldn't do it either, so I'm terribly, terribly afraid that it'll be Sam who winds up with the Big Damn Hero Sacrificial Scene, probably as final redemption for everything he's already been forgiven for long ago.  The final scene would be the goodbye between the bros and Dean ugly crying because he knows he can't fix this one (and maybe Sam gets peace through redemption).  They've been setting up the Sam/Chuck connection all season, with Jack and Cas helping him/working against Chuck and Dean just being emotional in the background so I can't see anything that would give equal importance and closure to all of them.   

TBH, I'd kind of like Sam going off in a cloud of heavenly glory, Dean getting on a motorcycle (as Jensen mentioned once)  and driving off into the sunset and finally getting to live his own life instead of always having to take care of everyone else.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Didn’t Alex say something about Cas and Jack being together at the end of the show?

• Useful 1

I think it all circles back to Jensen's initial reaction to the ending, which was less than positive. If the ugly cry is Dean, over Sam, then I expect that his reaction was to Dean being relegated to cheerleader/nursemaid again, and not having an active role in the resolution. IMO that would explain him 'coming around' to it after discussion, because Jensen is the ultimate team player, and he either a) resigned himself to it, or b) actually felt that Sam/Jared deserved the final BDH play because he is, after all, number one on the call sheet (yes, I just threw up in my mouth a little) and that fans of the show would actually want that. Bigger picture and all, you know.

• Useful 1
  • Sad 4

2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think it all circles back to Jensen's initial reaction to the ending, which was less than positive. If the ugly cry is Dean, over Sam, then I expect that his reaction was to Dean being relegated to cheerleader/nursemaid again, and not having an active role in the resolution. IMO that would explain him 'coming around' to it after discussion, because Jensen is the ultimate team player, and he either a) resigned himself to it, or b) actually felt that Sam/Jared deserved the final BDH play because he is, after all, number one on the call sheet (yes, I just threw up in my mouth a little) and that fans of the show would actually want that. Bigger picture and all, you know.

That entire thought is so depressing, him basically thinking the character of Dean either has no or not many fans who would be invested enough to want him to have an equal role. A wasted 15 years in a way.

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/16/2020 at 12:20 PM, Jakes said:

I just can’t imagine a world where they would end the show with the boys separated. They’re “soulmates” (share heaven)...where one goes, the other follows or tries to pull the other back to the detriment of the whole world. I just can’t see them ending it with them separated but...Dabb. To me, that would explain Jensen being unhappy which is why I’ve been dreading this. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.