Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
SueB

Spoilers With Speculation

Didn't see this TV line Scoop posted in this thread:

Got a Supernatural two-parter for you! I’m really digging the “new” Amara. When can we expect to see her again, and will Dean be contacting her about the Chuck situation? –Gigi
Dean will be reaching out to her, showrunner Andrew Dabb tells TVLine affirms, “and we can expect to see her in a few months.”

Do you have any scoop on Supernatural‘s Sam and Eileen? I love them! –Elena
“I think the Sam/Eileen relationship will evolve, but this isn’t a case where Eileen’s going to end up in the back of the Impala, riding around with the guys,” showrunner Andrew Dabb says. “She’s an independent person, Sam’s an independent person…. So I think you’re going to see them reach kind of a status quo that makes both of them happy, but maybe not get a rom-com ending, if that makes sense.”

Yay! Amara!  I'm looking forward to that conversation between she and Dean.  
And Yay! Eileen!  I hope they have a torrid weekend every month or so.  Hey, she has needs!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 2

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Yay! Amara!  I'm looking forward to that conversation between she and Dean.  
And Yay! Eileen!  I hope they have a torrid weekend every month or so.  Hey, she has needs!

The Amara "thing" could be interesting, although I have my doubts but for me it is a total No No for the Eileen and Sam stuff, they just don't have any chemistry on screen IMO that is.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Icarus said:

The Amara "thing" could be interesting, although I have my doubts but for me it is a total No No for the Eileen and Sam stuff, they just don't have any chemistry on screen IMO that is.

My only thought is that Jared's slip at comic con isn't that far fetched.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, ILoveReading said:

I don't see the how and why of Amara possessing Sam... unless it was to stop Sam from doing something stupid or to stop him from giving another passive-aggressive speech to Dean...??? The shoulder bro bond is over. Amara bonded with Dean because of the Mark and through him she learned about everything noble about humanity. She is all about Dean.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Castiels Cat said:

I don't see the how and why of Amara possessing Sam... unless it was to stop Sam from doing something stupid or to stop him from giving another passive-aggressive speech to Dean...??? The shoulder bro bond is over. Amara bonded with Dean because of the Mark and through him she learned about everything noble about humanity. She is all about Dean.

This is Dabbernatural in which canon doesn't exist-unless Dabb wants it to-then it does. 🙄

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I missed that- what did he say?

3 hours ago, Binns said:

I missed that- what did he say?

He named a few not-Sam scenarios that already hapoened aka soulless, demon blood etc in the "whatever happens at the end", including "if Amara possesses me". Which never happened and is WAY too specific to just throw it out randomely. So it must be something he was told for the Finale.

• Useful 2

50 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

He named a few not-Sam scenarios that already hapoened aka soulless, demon blood etc in the "whatever happens at the end", including "if Amara possesses me". Which never happened and is WAY too specific to just throw it out randomely. So it must be something he was told for the Finale.

This would suck.  Dean and Amara should still have a connection.  I will hate it if they give this to Sam too.  I hope it won't go down as one of the worst finales ever, but this one really worries me as I would hate it.

• Like 7

I know spoilers are, well, spoilery, but seriously - this group (the show, not us) cannot keep anything a surprise.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 1

42 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I know spoilers are, well, spoilery, but seriously - this group (the show, not us) cannot keep anything a surprise.

I really think they are doing it to get viewers for nostalgia sake considering the ratings are in the toilet.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I really think they are doing it to get viewers for nostalgia sake considering the ratings are in the toilet.

I can't think of any way they could bring Uriel back that would make me want to watch.  

• Like 4
  • Laugh 1

1 hour ago, ahrtee said:

I can't think of any way they could bring Uriel back that would make me want to watch.  

But he is the funny one!

• Laugh 6

8 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Looks like Uriel is coming back. I’m excited. He’s another “villain angel” that I used to love to hate. 

He was fun to hate but isn't he dead?  Oh wait, does death matter?

6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They have to slip it out, so the support fans will be all excited and talking about how awesome Dabb is...is it an ego trip?

4 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

But he is the funny one!

I think I would enjoy the old version but what will they do to him????

• Useful 1

15 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I think Uriel will be a Cas flashback of some sort. Didn't they allude to something about early Cas? 

Anyone can come out of The Empty now, apparently. 

12 hours ago, S Cook Productions said:

Anyone can come out of The Empty now, apparently. 

Now this is an exaggeration... there are rules.

Chuck can snap his fingers and bring anyone backing he really wants to exert the effort. 

And Jack can wake up people in the Empty. He woke up Cas and Lucifer. It's unclear how exactly Cas ended up resurrected or reincorporate. It's possible Chuck helped or maybe the Empty helped. My pet theory is that the Empty is Chuck's twin brother which is why he is in the full body suit. Maybe Chuck has a split personality and the Empty was his cray cray half but now he's full on cray cray. Or they are twins.

Amara probably can too because she's stronger than Chuck.

• Useful 1

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I actually teared up a little. As much as I’m disappointed in how the show runners are handling this, I’m not really ready to say goodbye. 

• Like 4

Not really a spoiler but Misha said a lot of tears will be shed at the finale. Said it is both sad and redemptive. 

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

Not really a spoiler but Misha said a lot of tears will be shed at the finale. Said it is both sad and redemptive. 

Yeah sounds like either at least 1 of the 4 regulars will either die or be permanently separated.  I long thought maybe Cas dies...he seems the most likely.  BUT something ALEX said in VEGAS makes me think maybe Cas lives...he was asked what his ideal end for Jack would be--he joked Jack getting a sequel set in Hawaii hanging with Cas wearing only  a trenchcoat.  I'm thinking Alex let slip out Jack and Cas lives with his joke--and are together.  The sad part might be Cas is separated from his 2 closest friends--Dean and Sam.  Just a possible guess.  Alex also said his favorite scene was in the finale...hmm.   Actors usually love when they have a big emotional often tragic scene.

Edited by Jakes
  • Useful 1

Spoiler

LGN509b_0089b.jpg

LGN509b_0326b-640x300.jpg

Wait at frakkin' minute!!!! What the fuck, Chuck!?

spoilers for Legends of Tomorrow which heavily involve The Impala and Supernatural. I don't know if this a legit crossover attempt or homage to SPN. BUT WTF!

Edited by catrox14 · Reason: spoler tags for Legends of tomorrow
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1

spoilers for Legends of Tomorrow which heavily involve The Impala and Supernatural. I don't know if this a legit crossover attempt or homage to SPN. BUT WTF!

Spoiler

LGN509b_0335br.jpg

Spoiler

LGN509b_0500b.jpg

Edited by catrox14 · Reason: tags for Legends of Tomorrow
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Reveal spoiler

LGN509b_0335br.jpg

Reveal spoiler

LGN509b_0500b.jpg

It's probably an in-joke on Legends, especially with Constatine and all.

1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's probably an in-joke on Legends, especially with Constatine and all.

On Twitter there was an explanation that Legends takes place within the French Mistake universe, so Supernatural is a tv show to them.

I dunno. It's amusing on its face, but feels more disrespectful than 'homage' to me. Meh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

On Twitter there was an explanation that Legends takes place within the French Mistake universe, so Supernatural is a tv show to them.

I dunno. It's amusing on its face, but feels more disrespectful than 'homage' to me. Meh.

58 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I want to know which Impala they used. I can't imagine they used the Hero car (number 1) or even Number 2.  I do wonder if J2M will show up in cameos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think it will mostly just fly by. Legends is a super-quirky show. They integrated clips from real life youtube reactors into an episode this Season. So nothing they do is really serious at this point.

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, NougatJack said:

Since Billie is there with her scythe (ie, in her "official" capacity), I wonder if she's there to take Cas to the Empty?  After all, he should be so happy since Jack is back.  (It would be nice if someone remembers past--ie, last season--history.)  But I assume they'll weasel out of it somehow, since I think Cas is still in later episodes, including the "Cas-centric" ep mentioned elsewhere.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Thank you! That's such a weirdo thing to do. I hope they do treat the show with some measure of reverence. At one time didn't LoT film next door to SPN, like a shared parking lot or something? I remember when both shows jointly greeted "Lucifer" when it filmed at the same lot.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2

With the news that the Riverdale set has been closed down for the moment I have seen the supposition that Supernatural might never be ended i.e. shut down and then by the time it can open again people have moved on!!  I personally would like to see it to the end and if it is a really bad ending try and forget about it (quite likely it would seem at the moment).

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

21 minutes ago, Icarus said:

With the news that the Riverdale set has been closed down for the moment I have seen the supposition that Supernatural might never be ended i.e. shut down and then by the time it can open again people have moved on!!  I personally would like to see it to the end and if it is a really bad ending try and forget about it (quite likely it would seem at the moment).

I’ve been thinking about this since the story broke. The 20 episodes may have saved the ending. I think they are filming 18 now so they probably can either finish the last two or possibly film an emergency series ending for 18 or 19 if they can’t make it to 20. Maybe they already filmed the last couple moments Dabb keeps droning on about. Things are shutting down quick and Austin and Vancouver are becoming hot spots so these are real possibilities. I just hope the cast and crew aren’t going to risk anything just to finish the show. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

On Day one of Ep 1519.  
I think they may try limiting personnel first before they shut down completely.  

Alternately, they could shut down and restart in May (if the crisis has settled) with the last two episodes airing late summer.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

16 hours ago, Icarus said:

Honestly I was thinking about this today and as someone whos not really invested in Dabbs vision anyway I think it'd be hilarious and somewhat fitting if SPN technically never ends (assuming everyone irl is safe and well in that scenario of course)

• Like 2

Can't tell by the pics but will we finally get Cas and Jody in the same scene next episode--it'll be about time!   

• Like 2

Dominos are starting to fall. Flash is on hiatus. With the current escalation I think all the CW shows are at risk. Any rumors on if the final scenes of SPN were filmed?

22 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Dominos are starting to fall. Flash is on hiatus. With the current escalation I think all the CW shows are at risk. Any rumors on if the final scenes of SPN were filmed?

Not unless they filmed out of order. Jim Never-Met-A-Name-I-Wouldn't-Drop Michaels tweeted this on Monday:

• Like 2

I won't be surprised to hear they suspend production on SPN, especially if they start restricting travel. They won't want to be stuck in another country (even my great country :) ) away from their families. I don't think it would have to mean they'll never film the end, especially if a majority of shows end up doing this.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I won't be surprised to hear they suspend production on SPN, especially if they start restricting travel. They won't want to be stuck in another country (even my great country 🙂 ) away from their families. I don't think it would have to mean they'll never film the end, especially if a majority of shows end up doing this.

Well looks like production has halted and we haven’t hit the peak yet. If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this. Unless they somehow can get real creative with what footage they have.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Well looks like production has halted and we haven’t hit the peak yet. If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this. Unless they somehow can get real creative with what footage they have.

Remember that other productions are halting, too, so it's not like others can move on immediately.  It seems most new productions are on hold, so I would guess that Walker won't be filming for a while either.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this.

You know, this may not be such a bad thing, given the quality of writing this season. No one seems to be thrilled with what we've heard about Dabb's finale. Hopefully they haven't finished filming the Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner ep. 

• Useful 1
  • Laugh 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, ahrtee said:

Since Billie is there with her scythe (ie, in her "official" capacity), I wonder if she's there to take Cas to the Empty?  After all, he should be so happy since Jack is back.  (It would be nice if someone remembers past--ie, last season--history.)  But I assume they'll weasel out of it somehow, since I think Cas is still in later episodes, including the "Cas-centric" ep mentioned elsewhere.

The photos suggest this scenario. Somehow I assumed that the Empty would come for him

• Useful 1

15 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Thanks for sharing these, Lemuria!

Watching them, I had two thoughts. First, although I can't pretend to be that interested anymore in whatever story the writers wanted to tell for this season, I didn't realize how much I have really, really missed Dean Winchester. ("Any bloodsuckers in here?" lol)

Second, what am I going to do when he is finally gone? (*sob*)

• Sad 7

On 3/13/2020 at 4:32 PM, ahrtee said:

Remember that other productions are halting, too, so it's not like others can move on immediately.  It seems most new productions are on hold, so I would guess that Walker won't be filming for a while either.  

That is true, and considering Walker is airing on the CW, they can easily push filming of that show to accommodate Jared being available for a 2-hour finale movie. It would take less than a month to shoot anyway, and could be a win for the CW still having new SPN to air in the fall.

I can't believe the Js would be happy with the series closing out with no proper ending. And someone pointed out to me that it would also negatively impact its ability to be sold in syndication without a finale.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

That is true, and considering Walker is airing on the CW, they can easily push filming of that show to accommodate Jared being available for a 2-hour finale movie. It would take less than a month to shoot anyway, and could be a win for the CW still having new SPN to air in the fall.

I can't believe the Js would be happy with the series closing out with no proper ending. And someone pointed out to me that it would also negatively impact its ability to be sold in syndication without a finale.

There are so many things that affect the finale. Filming in Canada is a major X factor. Even if America gets a lock on this Canada is in the very early stages. In a month Canada could be on lockdown. If Walker is allowed to shoot on time then the CW will give that the priority. It’s a new show with potential to run years while SPN is over. But, there could be a writers strike. In that case no one will be working and they have two scripts ready to go so that might happen. As for the WB wanting a finale, they will have one and I’m betting people are already positioning for a movie with a bigger budget,they could really sell that. I think there is a big chance that the CW are going to cut their losses avoid the logistical nightmare and end filming of all this seasons shows. After they regroup and everything is open for business they can decide what to do. As for a CW movie, have they ever done that before?

Edited by Lastcall
  • Useful 1

ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.