Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

I actually teared up a little. As much as I’m disappointed in how the show runners are handling this, I’m not really ready to say goodbye. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On 3/8/2020 at 10:37 AM, Bobcatkitten said:

Not really a spoiler but Misha said a lot of tears will be shed at the finale. Said it is both sad and redemptive. 

Yeah sounds like either at least 1 of the 4 regulars will either die or be permanently separated.  I long thought maybe Cas dies...he seems the most likely.  BUT something ALEX said in VEGAS makes me think maybe Cas lives...he was asked what his ideal end for Jack would be--he joked Jack getting a sequel set in Hawaii hanging with Cas wearing only  a trenchcoat.  I'm thinking Alex let slip out Jack and Cas lives with his joke--and are together.  The sad part might be Cas is separated from his 2 closest friends--Dean and Sam.  Just a possible guess.  Alex also said his favorite scene was in the finale...hmm.   Actors usually love when they have a big emotional often tragic scene.

Edited by Jakes
  • Useful 1
Spoiler

LGN509b_0089b.jpg

LGN509b_0326b-640x300.jpg

Wait at frakkin' minute!!!! What the fuck, Chuck!?

spoilers for Legends of Tomorrow which heavily involve The Impala and Supernatural. I don't know if this a legit crossover attempt or homage to SPN. BUT WTF!

Edited by catrox14
spoler tags for Legends of tomorrow
  • Useful 1

spoilers for Legends of Tomorrow which heavily involve The Impala and Supernatural. I don't know if this a legit crossover attempt or homage to SPN. BUT WTF!

Spoiler

LGN509b_0335br.jpg

Spoiler

LGN509b_0500b.jpg

Edited by catrox14
tags for Legends of Tomorrow
6 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Reveal spoiler

LGN509b_0335br.jpg

Reveal spoiler

LGN509b_0500b.jpg

It's probably an in-joke on Legends, especially with Constatine and all.

1 hour ago, Aeryn13 said:

It's probably an in-joke on Legends, especially with Constatine and all.

On Twitter there was an explanation that Legends takes place within the French Mistake universe, so Supernatural is a tv show to them.

I dunno. It's amusing on its face, but feels more disrespectful than 'homage' to me. Meh.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

On Twitter there was an explanation that Legends takes place within the French Mistake universe, so Supernatural is a tv show to them.

I dunno. It's amusing on its face, but feels more disrespectful than 'homage' to me. Meh.

58 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I want to know which Impala they used. I can't imagine they used the Hero car (number 1) or even Number 2.  I do wonder if J2M will show up in cameos.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think it will mostly just fly by. Legends is a super-quirky show. They integrated clips from real life youtube reactors into an episode this Season. So nothing they do is really serious at this point.

• Useful 1
3 hours ago, NougatJack said:

Since Billie is there with her scythe (ie, in her "official" capacity), I wonder if she's there to take Cas to the Empty?  After all, he should be so happy since Jack is back.  (It would be nice if someone remembers past--ie, last season--history.)  But I assume they'll weasel out of it somehow, since I think Cas is still in later episodes, including the "Cas-centric" ep mentioned elsewhere.

• Love 2

With the news that the Riverdale set has been closed down for the moment I have seen the supposition that Supernatural might never be ended i.e. shut down and then by the time it can open again people have moved on!!  I personally would like to see it to the end and if it is a really bad ending try and forget about it (quite likely it would seem at the moment).

• Useful 1
21 minutes ago, Icarus said:

With the news that the Riverdale set has been closed down for the moment I have seen the supposition that Supernatural might never be ended i.e. shut down and then by the time it can open again people have moved on!!  I personally would like to see it to the end and if it is a really bad ending try and forget about it (quite likely it would seem at the moment).

I’ve been thinking about this since the story broke. The 20 episodes may have saved the ending. I think they are filming 18 now so they probably can either finish the last two or possibly film an emergency series ending for 18 or 19 if they can’t make it to 20. Maybe they already filmed the last couple moments Dabb keeps droning on about. Things are shutting down quick and Austin and Vancouver are becoming hot spots so these are real possibilities. I just hope the cast and crew aren’t going to risk anything just to finish the show. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

On Day one of Ep 1519.  
I think they may try limiting personnel first before they shut down completely.  

Alternately, they could shut down and restart in May (if the crisis has settled) with the last two episodes airing late summer.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Dominos are starting to fall. Flash is on hiatus. With the current escalation I think all the CW shows are at risk. Any rumors on if the final scenes of SPN were filmed?

Not unless they filmed out of order. Jim Never-Met-A-Name-I-Wouldn't-Drop Michaels tweeted this on Monday:

• Love 1

I won't be surprised to hear they suspend production on SPN, especially if they start restricting travel. They won't want to be stuck in another country (even my great country :) ) away from their families. I don't think it would have to mean they'll never film the end, especially if a majority of shows end up doing this.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I won't be surprised to hear they suspend production on SPN, especially if they start restricting travel. They won't want to be stuck in another country (even my great country 🙂 ) away from their families. I don't think it would have to mean they'll never film the end, especially if a majority of shows end up doing this.

Well looks like production has halted and we haven’t hit the peak yet. If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this. Unless they somehow can get real creative with what footage they have.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

Well looks like production has halted and we haven’t hit the peak yet. If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this. Unless they somehow can get real creative with what footage they have.

Remember that other productions are halting, too, so it's not like others can move on immediately.  It seems most new productions are on hold, so I would guess that Walker won't be filming for a while either.  

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Lastcall said:

If this goes a couple of months and with people having other commitments like Walker...they might not be able to end this.

You know, this may not be such a bad thing, given the quality of writing this season. No one seems to be thrilled with what we've heard about Dabb's finale. Hopefully they haven't finished filming the Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner ep. 

• Useful 1
On 3/12/2020 at 10:54 AM, ahrtee said:

Since Billie is there with her scythe (ie, in her "official" capacity), I wonder if she's there to take Cas to the Empty?  After all, he should be so happy since Jack is back.  (It would be nice if someone remembers past--ie, last season--history.)  But I assume they'll weasel out of it somehow, since I think Cas is still in later episodes, including the "Cas-centric" ep mentioned elsewhere.

The photos suggest this scenario. Somehow I assumed that the Empty would come for him

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, Lemuria said:

Thanks for sharing these, Lemuria!

Watching them, I had two thoughts. First, although I can't pretend to be that interested anymore in whatever story the writers wanted to tell for this season, I didn't realize how much I have really, really missed Dean Winchester. ("Any bloodsuckers in here?" lol)

Second, what am I going to do when he is finally gone? (*sob*)

On 3/13/2020 at 4:32 PM, ahrtee said:

Remember that other productions are halting, too, so it's not like others can move on immediately.  It seems most new productions are on hold, so I would guess that Walker won't be filming for a while either.  

That is true, and considering Walker is airing on the CW, they can easily push filming of that show to accommodate Jared being available for a 2-hour finale movie. It would take less than a month to shoot anyway, and could be a win for the CW still having new SPN to air in the fall.

I can't believe the Js would be happy with the series closing out with no proper ending. And someone pointed out to me that it would also negatively impact its ability to be sold in syndication without a finale.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, PAForrest said:

That is true, and considering Walker is airing on the CW, they can easily push filming of that show to accommodate Jared being available for a 2-hour finale movie. It would take less than a month to shoot anyway, and could be a win for the CW still having new SPN to air in the fall.

I can't believe the Js would be happy with the series closing out with no proper ending. And someone pointed out to me that it would also negatively impact its ability to be sold in syndication without a finale.

There are so many things that affect the finale. Filming in Canada is a major X factor. Even if America gets a lock on this Canada is in the very early stages. In a month Canada could be on lockdown. If Walker is allowed to shoot on time then the CW will give that the priority. It’s a new show with potential to run years while SPN is over. But, there could be a writers strike. In that case no one will be working and they have two scripts ready to go so that might happen. As for the WB wanting a finale, they will have one and I’m betting people are already positioning for a movie with a bigger budget,they could really sell that. I think there is a big chance that the CW are going to cut their losses avoid the logistical nightmare and end filming of all this seasons shows. After they regroup and everything is open for business they can decide what to do. As for a CW movie, have they ever done that before?

Edited by Lastcall
  • Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Demian said:

Looks like this show is ending without a finale.  And after I spent so many hours watching its desperately disappointing final season....

As disappointing and terrible as I’m finding this last season, that article sounds like a lot of speculation and with only 2 episodes left to film I think there’s more of a chance they’ll finish it. Jim Michaels tweeted saying they would but I guess we will see. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheJimMichaels/status/1239724981103149057

(edited)
12 hours ago, Demian said:

Looks like this show is ending without a finale.  And after I spent so many hours watching its desperately disappointing final season....

Supernatural was specifically called out as NOT definitively ending without a finale;

It is also possible, by the way, that a handful of network shows will find a way to finish up their season orders earlier if the showrunner has enough clout or it makes financial sense — think a big hit such as Grey’s Anatomy. Warner Bros. and the CW might also be facing a very tough call in coming weeks: The series finale of Supernatural has not yet been filmed. It’s hard to think the network and studio will want to just let the show end without a good-bye, but depending on when production can resume, it might be hard to get the cast and Vancouver-based crew back together again. All of this is just speculation, however: Officially, nothing has been decided about either Grey’s or Supernatural. 

In other news:

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I just have to think Misha's 'maudlin and melodramatic' tweet was more than just being cooped up at home. Honestly, I think at least the three of them (J2M) know what's up. IMO, their silence speaks louder than words.

NOTE:  NO cross-posting the info below elsewhere. It's just speculation.

Last November Misha indicated he was having his second hip surgery at the last week of March.  I hassled him because I said filming goes on until the 3rd of April!  He couldn't possibly recover in time.  He disassembled but I realize after the fact that he basically let slip he's not filming the last (maybe) 4-5 days.  He knew this in November.  And of course he proved me wrong by SKIING in December after the first hip surgery.  So it may be just a bump in the road for a couple of days. 

Still, it seems possible with his text added, that Cas is either gone at the start of the finale or at the end of 15.19.  JUST SPECULATION -- NOT A KNOWN SPOILER.  They also could have planned to film out of order as it was clear 15.19/15.20 is a two-parter.  Finally, it's long ago been reported that ONLY J2 were scheduled to film the LAST SCENE on the extra day of filming (3 April) that they added to their contracts.  So, make of that what you will.  

Edited by SueB
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, desiresrisked said:

Jim Michaels tweeted saying they would but I guess we will see. 

I dunno -- with the lockdowns now likely to spread through North America, it's unlikely they'll be able to film and produce the final episodes before the May sweeps period.  And if they miss the May sweeps period, I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that The Powers That Be will just write those final episodes off.

Hope springs eternal, though, I guess -- maybe they'll eventually get those episodes done?  Still, I doubt it.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Demian said:

I dunno -- with the lockdowns now likely to spread through North America, it's unlikely they'll be able to film and produce the final episodes before the May sweeps period.  And if they miss the May sweeps period, I'm pretty firmly of the opinion that The Powers That Be will just write those final episodes off.

Hope springs eternal, though, I guess -- maybe they'll eventually get those episodes done?  Still, I doubt it.

Deadline and Cinema Blend don't think they will be able to film the finale. They are hopeful for a CSI style wrap up movie in the summer but admit it's harder with Jared's Walker commitments. With all the talks of two and three month lock downs, the theaters closed for 6 to 12 weeks and movie dates being switched as late as may, I don't see how it would be possible to film 19 and 20 until at least late May (and that's overly generous). Even then they have to coordinate everyone then film for 3 weeks. Then there is the additional money they would have to put out to get it done. I think Michaels is speaking as a producer. There will be an ending but how and when is completely up in the air. Remember, he is they guy that said Crowley could return until Mark shut him down pretty adamantly.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
15 hours ago, Lastcall said:

Deadline and Cinema Blend don't think they will be able to film the finale. They are hopeful for a CSI style wrap up movie in the summer but admit it's harder with Jared's Walker commitments. With all the talks of two and three month lock downs, the theaters closed for 6 to 12 weeks and movie dates being switched as late as may, I don't see how it would be possible to film 19 and 20 until at least late May (and that's overly generous). Even then they have to coordinate everyone then film for 3 weeks. Then there is the additional money they would have to put out to get it done. I think Michaels is speaking as a producer. There will be an ending but how and when is completely up in the air. Remember, he is they guy that said Crowley could return until Mark shut him down pretty adamantly.  

Well maybe now we will get an ending that Supernatural deserves that Jensen has a say in that is created by a dream team he assembles which does not include Dabb et al. and especially the heinous nepotism duo.

• Love 3

So since they announced tonight's episode will be last shown for now--because of sound and FX issues not being able to be done for the rest already filmed...we could have last 7 shown together.  Because none of these last 7 can get done completely before restrictions are lifted.  And yes--we'll end up getting the last 2.

• Useful 1
9 minutes ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Tonight's episode is really good guys! enjoy (a leaked version is making the rounds.)

How does this keep happening? I never heard of it before, but now this is two eps in a row. Who is it being leaked to?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

MAKING UP FOR LOST TIME – Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) discover a wood nymph (guest star Meagan Fey) living in the bunker who is determined to protect her family, at any cost. Eduardo Sanchez directed the episode written by Jeremy Adams (#1514).

Looking at this synopsis and the last episode got before coronahiatus, and the upcoming titles:

15.14 Last Holiday

15.15 Gimme Shelter

15.16 Drag Me Away (From You)

15.17 Unity

15.18 The Truth

15.19 Inherit the Earth

15.20 Carry On

This theme of 'close down every other place' is continuing on.  For example, the AU Sam & Dean showing up.  Now we have someone from the Fairy Realm?  And the title after that is "Gimme Shelter".  Just seems like a common theme. Perhaps by the time we get to "Unity" this collapsing thing will be 'done'.  

Episode I'm looking MOST forward to: "The Truth".  I'm so desperate for real answers.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 2

Last Holiday- I think this is supposed to be the episode where Sam and Dean meet their friend, the guy who is big on manners.   Written by Jeremy Adams (I think that is his last name)

Gimme Shelter- I believe this is the Cas centric ep.  Not sure who wrote it, but probably Perez.

Drag me Away (From you)- Weechester ep written by Dabb's assistant.

Unity- No idea what this is about or who wrote it. Maybe Glynn or Perez

The Truth- Written by Berens.  My guess is its about Jack.  This is the ep I believe where Jensen says "stop killing my people."  This would be the episode I'm really not looking forward too.  Berens is my least favorite writer.  I wonder if this is that ep that was refered to that takes in the bunker and is supposed to be five stories in one.

15,19 Inherit the Earth.  Dabb is so literal I'm guessing this is where Jack becomes God.   Written by Buck/Lemming.  You know things are bad when these two are the strongest writers.

Carry On- the aftermath of there being no Supernatural creatures left.   Sam and Dean trying to figure out their future.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Last Holiday- I think this is supposed to be the episode where Sam and Dean meet their friend, the guy who is big on manners.   Written by Jeremy Adams (I think that is his last name)

Gimme Shelter- I believe this is the Cas centric ep.  Not sure who wrote it, but probably Perez.

Drag me Away (From you)- Weechester ep written by Dabb's assistant.

Unity- No idea what this is about or who wrote it. Maybe Glynn or Perez

The Truth- Written by Berens.  My guess is its about Jack.  This is the ep I believe where Jensen says "stop killing my people."  This would be the episode I'm really not looking forward too.  Berens is my least favorite writer.  I wonder if this is that ep that was refered to that takes in the bunker and is supposed to be five stories in one.

15,19 Inherit the Earth.  Dabb is so literal I'm guessing this is where Jack becomes God.   Written by Buck/Lemming.  You know things are bad when these two are the strongest writers.

Carry On- the aftermath of there being no Supernatural creatures left.   Sam and Dean trying to figure out their future.

None of this sounds appealing to me-not coming from Dabb and co. anyway.

But the ones that sound most unappealing to me?

Drag Me Away(from you)-sounds like another bronlies wet dream along the same lines as Red Meat-probably just involving weechesters this time. 

I've read Dabb's comic concerning them.

No thanks.

And the last three, tbh.

The Truth?-Just another Berens episode. 

That's all I need to know about it.

And ITA with your thoughts on the last two.

My guess for the series finale?-the S5 finale all over again, yet again, and one more time-because it's Dabb and co. 

So yeah, not really waiting with bated breath for any of these. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Myrelle
Spelling
On 3/26/2020 at 7:28 PM, SueB said:

Looking at this synopsis and the last episode got before coronahiatus, and the upcoming titles:

15.14 Last Holiday

15.15 Gimme Shelter

15.16 Drag Me Away (From You)

15.17 Unity

15.18 The Truth

15.19 Inherit the Earth

15.20 Carry On

This theme of 'close down every other place' is continuing on.  For example, the AU Sam & Dean showing up.  Now we have someone from the Fairy Realm?  And the title after that is "Gimme Shelter".  Just seems like a common theme. Perhaps by the time we get to "Unity" this collapsing thing will be 'done'.  

Episode I'm looking MOST forward to: "The Truth".  I'm so desperate for real answers.  

Taking my response to BvJ.

Edited by Castiels Cat
16 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Live action ScoobyNatural?

I love that Dean is such a kid a heart when it come to simple/silly pleasures. Seems like the stick up Sam's butt is firmly in place. I wonder whose idea it was/is to make him such a humourless character.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I love that Dean is such a kid a heart when it come to simple/silly pleasures. Seems like the stick up Sam's butt is firmly in place. I wonder whose idea it was/is to make him such a humourless character.

They kind of touched on that at the last convention.  Sam is sort of the straight man to Dean's comic over the top behavior.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

They kind of touched on that at the last convention.  Sam is sort of the straight man to Dean's comic over the top behavior.

A straight man doesn't have to be humorless (look at George Burns and Gracie Allen or any famous comedy team.)  It just means that he sets up the joke, lets the other deliver it, and then he reacts to it.  The comic doesn't have to be OTT, either.  It's just that these writers have no subtlety and/or the boys tend to play the lines as OTT as written--so one is slapstick and the other a stick.  

• Love 4