Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Another interesting thing (I'm a little slow tonight)...no Jack.  Not even a glimpse, or a suggestion.  Are they trying to keep him a surprise?

Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm thinking he doesn't come back until whatever ep they started shooting this week (13?14?) Because he was in the Misha/scooter video...

3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

I don't think it's Eileen--Jody seemed way too upset.  I wonder if they're killing off Claire, since she's moved on to bigger and better things and probably wouldn't be available even if they did get a spinoff.  OTOH, it looks like Kaia is back, so maybe she's toast?  

It also looks like we'll get at least a few Purgatory scenes; and Cas is sitting next to a box of Borax.  Supplies to take with them to Purgatory?   

I think you may be right about the dead being Claire; not only for the reasons you mentioned but also because we see the Grigori sword in one of those clips, and Claire was the last one to have it. She put it in her bag at the end of I think “Angel Heart” in season 10. Furthermore, at Jaxcon someone asked Misha if we would ever see Claire again. I remember him saying something like,”are you asking if the show could ever afford Kathryn Love Newton again?” Then he chuckled and said, “I can tell you this. Claire will be mentioned at least.” So if they’re going to kill off anyone off-screen, my money is on her. That’s angst for TFW, angst for Kaia, and angst for Jody. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

I’m getting more and more stressed as the end approaches ever since I found out JA wasn’t happy about the ending at first. I wonder what that means. Was he the one who wanted them to go out in a blaze of glory? But doesn’t he also talk about movies down the road and that kind of thing? I don’t know, I don’t want either of them to die. 

• Love 1
37 minutes ago, Binns said:

I’m getting more and more stressed as the end approaches ever since I found out JA wasn’t happy about the ending at first. I wonder what that means. Was he the one who wanted them to go out in a blaze of glory? But doesn’t he also talk about movies down the road and that kind of thing? I don’t know, I don’t want either of them to die. 

I don’t want any of the 3 of them to die. Been there, done that. 

1 hour ago, Binns said:

TBH, death doesn't mean a damn thing (even less than it used to, and that was not much).  In between Jack and Billie and whoever chatting in the Empty, and people being able to wake up if someone really wants them to, that takes that threat off the table.  Heaven is about to have its lights turned off, Sam and Dean have made their peace (and said goodbyes) to Mary and John and don't need to be part of their heaven, and with the new rules about anyone who's been sent to hell being unable to get into heaven, it seems that's off the table for the Winchesters.  Hell now seems like the best bet, and, with Rowena in charge, probably the most fun they can have:  they can be her right-hand men, can kill demons with impunity, get to go upstairs whenever they feel like it, and probably everybody they know will be there too.  It can be a party/reunion for eternity!  (No, this isn't speculation on the ending, just a comment on the current take on death for the Winchesters.)  

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Supernatural is going back in time … again!

As Supernatural fans know, the show has used flashbacks many times in its 15-season run, but it has been a bit since young Sam and Dean graced the small screen. More specifically, it’s been four years since the show last did a flashback episode with season 11 containing “Just My Imagination,” which included a flashback to a young Sam and Dean, and “The Devil in the Details,” which featured the return of Colin Ford as a teenage Sam. (Season 14’s “Absence” technically had flashbacks, but they all include adult Sam and Dean.)

But when the writers sat down to think about the final season, they found themselves discussing what they’d like to include. “It’s like, ‘What are the types of episodes that we enjoy that makes the show good but also speaks to the characters?'” co-showrunner Andrew Dabb says of the question they asked themselves. And that’s when flashbacks came into play. “For a long time, pretty much every season we would do a story that would flash back to a young Sam and Dean story,” Dabb says. “So this year we’re doing one of those, which we haven’t done for a long, long time.”

There’s no word yet on when the flashback episode will air or which period of the Winchesters’ lives it will flash back to, but stars Jensen Ackles and Jared Padalecki previously told EW about the flashbacks they’d like to see. “I would love to see more of what the boys were doing when they couldn’t necessarily go on a hunt but they really wanted to,” Ackles said in 2018. “Maybe sometimes they’d stow away with dad and he wouldn’t know it and they would get into some trouble. I think there’s a lot of story to be told there.”

Padalecki added, “I would love to see the month after Mary gets burned on the ceiling. I would love to see the story of how John figured out that his wife and the mother of his two kids was involved in hunting.”

There's nothing specific, but I guess this could still be considered a spoiler?

https://ew.com/tv/2020/01/13/supernatural-season-15-flashback-episode/?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=social&utm_term=9A1160BC-3615-11EA-8F58-E5B24744363C&utm_campaign=entertainmentweekly_ew&utm_content=link

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
Just now, Aeryn13 said:

Hm, from Dabb that kinda sounds like "hey, lets do a flashback episode in this final Season because we used to them all the time previously".

Does he have a story to tell with one?  

No more than dragging back old characters because nostalgia is easy?

I don't see how they could do Jared's idea without JDM, and it would not involve Dean or Sam in any significant way (not that that would matter in Dabbernatural). Dean and Sam sneaking along on a hunt could be interesting, except we all know who would be responsible for 'them' getting into trouble/danger. We already had Dean getting blamed/scarred for life in Something Wicked. I can happily go the rest of the series without seeing more of that.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I'm all for another flashback episode--I think they can pull it off.  I enjoy those.

I'm sure they can pull it off. Flashbacks, especially when you don't give a single f**k about canon, are easy.

Jensen and Jared's ideas are good and could/would be interesting, though I don't want one of the few remaining episodes to be Dean/Sam lite (sorry Jared). Alas, I don't expect either of those ideas are what Dabb has in mind. I anticipate a paint-by-numbers poor-Sam/inadequate-Dean along the lines of the abysmal Just My Imagination is more likely.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, juppschmitz said:

Sounds to me like they want to have a Jensen and Jared lite episode - they usually use other actors to play the Weechesters.

Gee, another J2 (especially Jensen) lite episode. And that's different from every other week, how?

• Love 1

I never followed the press about the show or any show until this season. Is it typical to give endless interviews and explanations about the show? Seems to me a well-written show shouldn't need to be augmented with these kinds of comments that define and justify the vision. 

• Love 1
On 1/10/2020 at 10:28 PM, ILoveReading said:

I'm guessing the blood on Sam's shirt comes from God using the scalpel on him.  Because maybe now you can preform surgery to get back the piece of your soul that you lost. 

If God can take a rib from Adam to make Eve he can certainly take a piece of Sam's shoulder to get his missing mojo. Seriously doubt it's God's soul. Chuck is missing some of his power. That is what he wants back. 

Now I fully expect him to take Sam's soul because hurt!dark!Sam is a classic trope. Not only was Sam dangerous when he was soulless, Dean was very close to killing him because of that fact.

4 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

From the interview as per Dabb: "When you're in a world with Chuck and Sam both of whom are God-like in their own ways"...I'm sorry, what? How the f^%&#$@#k is Sam god-like??? 😡🤬😡🤬

He is God-like in Dabbernatural.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

From the interview as per Dabb: "When you're in a world with Chuck and Sam both of whom are God-like in their own ways"...I'm sorry, what? How the f^%&#$@#k is Sam god-like??? 😡🤬😡🤬

Because he is a Winchester, just as Dean is.

Dapper Jensen in the white suit... monsters... AU Michael? So very barely season 14.

However it made me remember his righteous anger at Chuc, his desire for revenge against Chuck and just how badly written everything about the sudden Just Jack ending of Ouroboros seemed. This SPPT trailer made me suspicious of Chuck being Chuck. He seemed very AU Michael to me.

IDK. 

The truth is Chuck was always playing a role so we never knew who he was. 

Who is the baby?

As always the trailer generates excitement.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

Because he is a Winchester, just as Dean is.

Winchesters are heroes and thoroughly human. That has always been the point of the show. That is precisely why the theme of TFW resonated and why the current plotline of God the puppermaster chafes the characters.

11 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

He is God-like in Dabbernatural.

Perhaps he means written in my image... you know... that clever meta thing.

• Love 1
Just now, Shannonsspirit said:

I think it is generally accepted by most that the fricking Winchesters are God-like.

I don't  know about it being "generally accepted" about both, but according to this particular interview, Sam(there's no mention of Dean whatsoever here) is w/o a doubt thought of in that way by the showrunner.

25 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I can't read the interview right now. Please, please tell me you're paraphrasing,  or it's a fanfiction that got printed somehow. Anything. Please?

11 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I don't  know about it being "generally accepted" about both, but according to this particular interview, Sam(there's no mention of Dean whatsoever here) is w/o a doubt thought of in that way by the showrunner.

But, he wasn't referencing Dean at the moment; to include him in that context would have been out of context.  I think it is widely accepted that Sam and Dean are God-like.

3 minutes ago, Shannonsspirit said:

But, he wasn't referencing Dean at the moment; to include him in that context would have been out of context.  I think it is widely accepted that Sam and Dean are God-like.

I think that Dabb feels that Sam is because he said so in this interview.

And I'd further disagree with you that it is "widely accepted that Sam and Dean are God-like".

But we can very easily agree to disagree on this(especially since it would be almost impossible to ascertain this in any kind of a definitive manner).

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I can't read the interview right now. Please, please tell me you're paraphrasing,  or it's a fanfiction that got printed somehow. Anything. Please?

Unfortunately this was a direct quote. *sigh*

9 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

I think that Dabb feels that Sam is because he said so in this interview.

And I'd further disagree with you that it is "widely accepted that Sam and Dean are God-like".

But we can very easily agree to disagree on this(especially since it would be almost impossible to ascertain this in any kind of a definitive manner).

Very true, so many things are subjective.

• Useful 1

What I found really interesting in that interview is how he says "I don’t think we’re actively looking to beat-for-beat mirror, to end these guys where they started. To me, that invalidates the journey, in a way."  That was my personal dread, that they'd have Sam settle down in his perfect life with Eileen (in place of Jessica) while Dean kept on hunting.  I would hate that with a passion.  

Of course, when he was asked how they balanced writing the true end where people don't keep coming back with the idea that Jensen and Jared are open to more stories down the road, he also said "I feel no pressure to end this in an open-ended way. Should “Supernatural” come back, most likely that’s going to be somebody else’s problem. [Executive producer] Bob Singer and I have said from the beginning we’re writing a true ending to this show."  So it sounds like the end is pretty final.

6 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

What I found really interesting in that interview is how he says "I don’t think we’re actively looking to beat-for-beat mirror, to end these guys where they started. To me, that invalidates the journey, in a way."  That was my personal dread, that they'd have Sam settle down in his perfect life with Eileen (in place of Jessica) while Dean kept on hunting.  I would hate that with a passion.  

Of course, when he was asked how they balanced writing the true end where people don't keep coming back with the idea that Jensen and Jared are open to more stories down the road, he also said "I feel no pressure to end this in an open-ended way. Should “Supernatural” come back, most likely that’s going to be somebody else’s problem. [Executive producer] Bob Singer and I have said from the beginning we’re writing a true ending to this show."  So it sounds like the end is pretty final.

They might want it to be, but the real truth is that nothing is final and anything is possible on this show.

And maybe, with better people BTS, even a totally shitty ending can still be undone, because of that and if necessary. 😉

9 hours ago, SueB said:

Interesting article.  I Agree Purgatory was formative for Dean. I too think Claire is dead. 

I hope this means that Dean going to Purgatory invigorated him. Post-Purgatory Dean was Dean at his BAMF finest. He was the apex hunter at full capacity... stalking, strategizing, hunting... oh my. They need that now.

• Love 2

I think sending Dean to purgatory is going to be meaningless. At least for the character. Dabb pretty much said they were sending him there for more or less nostalgia reasons since he had already been. Not that this trip meant anything. Maybe it will mean something for the plot.

The meat of the story is obviously gonna be Chuck and Sam. And Dabb also pretty much confirmed that Chuck will succeed in undoing that link. As was his plan for luring Sam to him. The matter of how he does it will have psychological ramafications for Sam. 

The God-like comment was stupidly worded and is hyperbolic. Also, Chuck is not god-like, he IS God, No matter what anyone thinks of him, you can either be something or be like something but not both.  I do belief it belies Dabb`s hyperbolic worship of Sam but for a writer, he really can`t string words together to save his life. His interviews are all bad. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think sending Dean to purgatory is going to be meaningless.

I think it's probably just a way to get Dean and Cas off screen for most of the episode since I'm assuming what passes for a plot will focus on Chuckles, Samantha, and Eileen. If the Drowning vid is any indication, Cas will find the stupid flower thing in about 20 seconds, and they'll skip back to the bunker to have a beer.

Luckily The Good Place has returned, the spousal unit and I watch that together, so I have to dvr the episode anyway. This is one I'll need to read the reviews for first. Forewarned and all.

Edited by PAForrest
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

I think sending Dean to purgatory is going to be meaningless. At least for the character. Dabb pretty much said they were sending him there for more or less nostalgia reasons since he had already been. Not that this trip meant anything. Maybe it will mean something for the plot.

I think it's to get Dean out of the way for Sam and Eileen. And for Dean to say whatever he says to Cas. But mostly to advance Sam and Eileen

The weird thing is Sam basically resurrected Eileen for himself in a way, which if she is his end game mate, is kinda icky.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think it's to get Dean out of the way for Sam and Eileen. And for Dean to say whatever he says to Cas. But mostly to advance Sam and Eileen.

IA.

Taking the rest to bitter spoilers...

Edited by Myrelle
Revision
  • Love 2
17 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Eh, the interview was fine.  Don't think Dabb was saying only Sam was God-like, it's clear to me Dean would be included in that statement if he was in that part with Sam.  Also don't think the episode will only be the Sam part--the Dean and Cas part will be significant too. 

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Eh, the interview was fine.  Don't think Dabb was saying only Sam was God-like, it's clear to me Dean would be included in that statement if he was in that part with Sam.  Also don't think the episode will only be the Sam part--the Dean and Cas part will be significant too. 

That's the thing with the Dabb era. It's always 'if'. We have to assume (and then only if you're a cockeyed optimist) when it comes to Dean, while Sam gets the verbal tongue-baths from Dabb and Singer (when they aren't outright insulting Dean, as Singer is wont to do). It happens in interview after interview. That's not BvJ, that's just fact.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That's the thing with the Dabb era. It's always 'if'. We have to assume (and then only if you're a cockeyed optimist) when it comes to Dean, while Sam gets the verbal tongue-baths from Dabb and Singer (when they aren't outright insulting Dean, as Singer is wont to do). It happens in interview after interview. That's not BvJ, that's just fact.

I agree so much with this. Dabb is very straightforward when he talks about Sam's story and really vague when he talks about Dean's (lack of ) story.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, Aeryn13 said:

The meat of the story is obviously gonna be Chuck and Sam. And Dabb also pretty much confirmed that Chuck will succeed in undoing that link. As was his plan for luring Sam to him. The matter of how he does it will have psychological ramafications for Sam. 

The God-like comment was stupidly worded and is hyperbolic. Also, Chuck is not god-like, he IS God, No matter what anyone thinks of him, you can either be something or be like something but not both.  I do belief it belies Dabb`s hyperbolic worship of Sam but for a writer, he really can`t string words together to save his life. His interviews are all bad. 

Dean is going to purgatory so he will be able to go save Sam when he gets back from purgatory (duh). Sam will somehow get kidnapped and stall by giving some speech about how Dean is coming to kick their ass and Dean will. They have done this a million times, it's what they always do when the guys are separated. I'm surprised at this point that Sam can tie his shoes without Dean's help, they make the poor guy so pitifully helpless.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, Harleycat said:

Dean is going to purgatory so he will be able to go save Sam when he gets back from purgatory (duh). Sam will somehow get kidnapped and stall by giving some speech about how Dean is coming to kick their ass and Dean will. They have done this a million times, it's what they always do when the guys are separated. I'm surprised at this point that Sam can tie his shoes without Dean's help, they make the poor guy so pitifully helpless.

I think Cas will be the one to save both of them.  Shoshanna (Eileen) posted a video of her and Misha on the casino set.  Also this is the episode where Dean is supposed to pray to Cas.  i think they're going to get separated in Purgatory and Dean prays to Cas and Cas saves him, finds the flower and then goes to save Sam. 

Have I mentioned Berens is my least favorite writer.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

I think Cas will be the one to save both of them.  Shoshanna (Eileen) posted a video of her and Misha on the casino set.  Also this is the episode where Dean is supposed to pray to Cas.  i think they're going to get separated in Purgatory and Dean prays to Cas and Cas saves him, finds the flower and then goes to save Sam. 

Have I mentioned Berens is my least favorite writer.

Well we'll find out soon enough.

• Love 1