Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

On 11/30/2019 at 11:39 AM, Pondlass1 said:

I think they write for the squee groups on twitter who are always wanting tissues while they watch. So annoying. 

Omg. I know. A couple weeks ago, I inadvertantly entered a live episode discussion, rather than a post episode discussion and they were actually asking one another to pass the tissues around. They were also asking others to pass the popcorn. Who yacks away during an episode missing all the finer points? Kids. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Shannonsspirit said:

Who yacks away during an episode missing all the finer points?

Probably the same people who sit behind you and talk during a concert. I always wonder why someone would pay $60 - $100 or more for a ticket just to yack throughout the concert. Sadly, this has happened to us enough that I actually look for tickets with no seats in the row behind us when I buy tickets.

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, AwesomO4000 said:

Probably the same people who sit behind you and talk during a concert. I always wonder why someone would pay $60 - $100 or more for a ticket just to yack throughout the concert. Sadly, this has happened to us enough that I actually look for tickets with no seats in the row behind us when I buy tickets.

Yes. We do the same. It's the "fan" thing. Fans are only interested in one thing, being fans. Well, that and "look at me being a fan." Lol. Which is actually the same thing.  

• Love 1
On 11/27/2019 at 4:18 PM, Shannonsspirit said:

Maybe, it would have been best to just write the story, flowing naturally to an organic conclusion. Without trying to please anyone, the ending would be what it is and no one would question it. Not everyone would like it, perhaps; but it would make sense.

I didn't see good story telling last season. Other than Jack being sick, sicker, dying, dead, in danger of losing his soul, may have lost his soul, ad infinitum, while Sam, Dean and Cas were wringing their hands, nothing happened and no character or story was developed. Additionally, Jack repeatedly saved the day.

So, when Dabb references happy viewers, to whom is he referring? When he feels the need to tease what "fan favorite" is returning after x number of years, is it about the story? No, it's about Kevin, Becky, Ketch, Eileen, Lilith etc. and anyone else they can bring back that doesn't move the story forward, because they die or disappear within the blink of an eye, while furthering the ridiculous retcon of Chuck. Why the retcon of Chuck? So, Jack can replace him as God and make paradise on Earth.

This isn't Sam and Dean's story, anymore. They are aging heroes reduced to running in a maze "until they become boring or die." This is a meta extravaganza to reduce the importance of Sam and Dean, rendering everything they did over the years meaningless, as well as, nullifying major themes. 

Furthermore, the stories are trite, without nuance or substance because Chuck is a bad writer. Apparently, this will continue until...Jack 

Edited by Castiels Cat

I can’t wait to see Adam.  The boys got some ‘splaining to do. Death took out Sam: I get it, pick one.  But then they released LUCIFER.   Why not ask Chuck for Adam back in S11?   Just saying, if Adam is bitter, he’s earned it. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

Wasn't there a spoiler about an episode that is supposed to take place in the bunker that is five stories within a story?

From this interview with Andrew Dabb:

In the back half of the season, our guys are going to uncover some secrets about the bunker, that will kind of allow us to do five episodes in one.

This is the only mention I could find about it.

Now that we know that the key to Death's library is somewhere in the bunker, I was thinking that maybe this episode has something to do with that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Kind of sucks that Dean killed himself in s13 to find the ghosts only and up in Death's library when all he had to do was rummage around the bunker....lol.

Kind of like Crowley, Castiel and everyone else running around for an entire season trying to find Purgatory when there's a perfectly good door to it in Hell--right near Bobby's cell, as a matter of fact.  Not to mention rogue reapers who apparently knew about it all along.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
12 hours ago, Bergamot said:

Yes that was the one I was thinking of, thanks.  I couldn't remember exactly what it was just something about the bunker and the about five things. 

I wonder if it might be a glimpse of everyone's potential endings. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Yes that was the one I was thinking of, thanks.  I couldn't remember exactly what it was just something about the bunker and the about five things. 

And then they can run a campaign of "vote for your favorite ending" on Twitter, say the ending they already wrote won by a landslide which proves that the majority of fans wanted that ending, and answer any complaints with "we gave you what you wanted."

Edited by ahrtee
  • LOL 2
7 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Probably. Which I dread.

• Love 1
12 hours ago, Bergamot said:

From this interview with Andrew Dabb:

Now that we know that the key to Death's library is somewhere in the bunker, I was thinking that maybe this episode has something to do with that?

Maybe they could each read their death story...

1 hour ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Hmmm... if Chuck is writing drafts endings might be changing...

I was thinking that this season there have been mentions of Death, her library,  Michael and now next week... Adam! This of course makes me think of Death's prophecy of Dean's death written in every book save one that the archangel Michael uses his body as a vessel to burn this world. If Adam is out where is Michael?

On 12/6/2019 at 6:38 PM, SueB said:

I can’t wait to see Adam.  The boys got some ‘splaining to do. Death took out Sam: I get it, pick one.  But then they released LUCIFER.   Why not ask Chuck for Adam back in S11?   Just saying, if Adam is bitter, he’s earned it. 

Because they had their hands full with the world ending. ????

I never get the Adam love. The ghoul version was the one that they actually bonded with. Their actual brother was a jerk and was out for his own interests. They had no relationship with him.

However Bringing him back is more than fan service because it means Michael is out and about and that interests me for obvious reasons... 

Hint loads of references this season... Michael + Dean + Death +  Death's library = is Death's prophecy going to happen with this Michael?!

• Love 3
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Kind of like Crowley, Castiel and everyone else running around for an entire season trying to find Purgatory when there's a perfectly good door to it in Hell--right near Bobby's cell, as a matter of fact.  Not to mention rogue reapers who apparently knew about it all along.

Rogue reapers! Gotta love the Nepotism Duo. Five episodes in one... that does not sound mytharc to me. That sounds like everyone touches an artifact and has an adventure. Dean, Sam, Cas, Jack and Eileen equals five.... However they could be searching for the key because maybe Sam has stopped having visions... or maybe Michael is whispering to Dean or Dean is seeing John and they are looking for the key.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

Dean supposedly only had/has one death story that tied with Michael.    And given the volumes and volumes of stories that are in that library how would they ever know which was the "REAL"  true death? 

I do kind of wonder with OGMichael/Adam coming back if Dean might end up making another Michael deal?  Unless of course Chuck has rewritten all of these books which...well then fuck it all in the end.  Sigh.....:(

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Dean supposedly only had/has one death story that tied with Michael.    And given the volumes and volumes of stories that are in that library how would they ever know which was the "REAL"  true death? 

I do kind of wonder with OGMichael/Adam coming back if Dean might end up making another Michael deal?  Unless of course Chuck has rewritten all of these books which...well then fuck it all in the end.  Sigh.....:(

As I remember it she said all of your books have been rewritten with the same ending except one. That ending was thst he is possessed by Michael and burns the world.the one she shows him was one in which he was possessed and locked in a Malek box at the bottom of the ocean which is why he built the Malek box presumably. So the one she showed him was the only way that the world does not burn.

Dean could still end up in the Malak box. It was made to hold Michael not super special Jack.

Edited by Castiels Cat
3 hours ago, Castiels Cat said:

As I remember it she said all of your books have been rewritten with the same ending except one. That ending was thst he is possessed by Michael and burns the world.the one she shows him was one in which he was possessed and locked in a Malek box at the bottom of the ocean which is why he built the Malek box presumably. So the one she showed him was the only way that the world does not burn.

Dean could still end up in the Malak box. It was made to hold Michael not super special Jack.

Billy said "They all end the same way now. With the archangel Michael escaping your mind and using you as his vessel to burn down this world."

And I doubt Michael will be locked in his mind again. But they can still retconned it. 🙄

Edited by starfishka
  • Love 1

Based on the puffy jacket on Kim, I think this is a nightshoot set picture and Jack is back on the show in EP 12. 

If the date is accurate, I bet he’s in a final scene.  

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

https://tvline.com/2019/12/10/supernatural-spoilers-season-15-episode-8-jake-abel-returns-adam-michael/

Sneak peek.

If Alex has a similair contract to Misha, this probably means we are stuck with Jack in every ep until the finale.   I'm guessing the focus will now be on him for the rest of the series

It's a shame that I can't figure out how to do sound effects, because I just blew a big old raspberry

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

All I'm feeling is Bitterness right now after watching that sneak peek.

Unabashed and Unadulterated Bitterness.

I just found it blah. They seriously brought him to the bunker? 

From the interview I think, in SPN tradition, they will play Michael as pretty underwhelming. Him and Adam have "bonded" and their biggest problem is that the world has changed. Which, not really that much in 10 years, and Michael will be sad that Chuck loves noone but at least hate-watches the Winchesters. Blah.

Sam is helping Eileen with a hunt. I think Jared filmed a day or two less than Jensen and Misha but it's hard to keep track.

They will probably end things on a 'peaceful enough note and Michael effs off to heaven. They could use an archangel as a battery.

• Useful 1
2 hours ago, ILoveReading said:

https://tvline.com/2019/12/10/supernatural-spoilers-season-15-episode-8-jake-abel-returns-adam-michael/

Sneak peek.

If Alex has a similair contract to Misha, this probably means we are stuck with Jack in every ep until the finale.   I'm guessing the focus will now be on him for the rest of the series

For me Jack's continued presence on the show was well and truly the last nail in the coffin of the SPN I used to love.

• Love 3
On 12/8/2019 at 5:16 PM, starfishka said:

Billy said "They all end the same way now. With the archangel Michael escaping your mind and using you as his vessel to burn down this world."

And I doubt Michael will be locked in his mind again. But they can still retconned it. 🙄

Yes. But then she said all but one and handed Dean the one to read and then he ran off and made the box. So presumably the only one that didn't end that way was one in which Dean was locked in a Malak box with the archangel still in his head...

Now... we don't know what those books look like at the moment. Whether they all read the same as they did at the end of Nihilism because super Nihi Jack has been very active and Chuck was writing a bit that changed the landscape. I would think that major changes made by major beings could affect one's fate books dramatically. 

Now Dean can go and peek. There are a lot of books with his name and Death is likely to know... it depends I guess on whether he and Michael are parlaying.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, SueB said:

I'm really looking forward to Adam's return.

It sure seems Dean and Cas are not remotely resolved yet.

I'm in for Adam's return but don't want to revisit the Michael crap. It's over and down with. Third time not the charm for me. 

• Love 2

From Supernormal thread: 

8 hours ago, Jakes said:

What episode are they filming now--does anyone know?  Seems like Alex is back in whatever episode this is--pics with him around crew and one where around Misha.  Whatever episode this is--probably the episode where Jack is back since he's hanging with Misha.

If Jack is back, will that make Cas happy enough to die?  Though I assume the writers will want it to be after Cas and Dean reconcile for major angst (and guilt on Dean's part).  Or maybe they forgot about it, or just decided to pretend it never happened.  

• Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

Misha is in Chicago today for hip replacement surgery. I'm guessing that means he is done filming for the series.

I hope he has a successful surgery and a good recovery.

Not necessarily. Hip replacement surgery has advanced quite  bit so it is not something that takes someone down for months and months. My brother, who is much older than Misha, had hip replacement surgery and it took him about 6 weeks to recover. So if Misha does it now, he could be back filming as early as February. He could be back in time for the series finale at worst.

• Useful 2
7 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Not necessarily. Hip replacement surgery has advanced quite  bit so it is not something that takes someone down for months and months. My brother, who is much older than Misha, had hip replacement surgery and it took him about 6 weeks to recover. So if Misha does it now, he could be back filming as early as February. He could be back in time for the series finale at worst.

I hope that is Misha's case as well. He is pretty young to need that kind of surgery but I guess that will also work in his favor.

• Love 1

My friends mother was up and walking around within a month of her hip replacement surgery.

They are off for the next 3 weeks from filming, and if Misha wasn't in eps 14, 15, and 16 he would have plenty of time to recover for final stretch of episodes.

He might not be able to do complicated stunts but he should still be able to film. 

I wish him a speedy recovery. 

• Love 2

Or they can film like they did with Ricardo Montalban in Wrath of Kahn, and film Misha always sitting or leaning against stuff in every scene. (They also did this with Floyd the Barber, but I never noticed until someone pointed it out to me.)

• Love 1