Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, Diane said:

This is starting to sound like things did not go down well, very sad.

Yeah. It's so hard to tell (given the format), but I think he's genuinely angry.

• Love 1
(edited)
35 minutes ago, Diane said:

I am thinking there is more to this than we know.

Holy moly.

It's a good thing he's not a demon any more, cuz that's pretty damn salty. :O

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I only follow a few of the cast and crew - has there been anything at all about/to Mark from anyone besides Michaels?

Not that I have seen

I was prowling around Tumblr and there is scuttlebutt that Mark told folks in his M&G at Asylum that he was made to do the scene with the rat and he hates rats and did not want to do it and was told by the director to just suck it up and do the scene or something.  I have no idea if that is true or not but maybe he's just like, NOPE. I'm out.  Maybe he hoped for a good exit for Crowley but then a good line he wrote was edited out so now he's feeling disrespected.  I dunno. Maybe all of it, has him just dunzo. I do agree that something big happened and oh my....what will come out next.

If there is no public thanks from Jared or Jensen or Misha, I don't even know what to think about that other than he had a major split with the lot of them. Weird.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I was prowling around Tumblr and there is scuttlebutt that Mark told folks in his M&G at Asylum that he was made to do the scene with the rat and he hates rats and did not want to do it and was told by the director to just suck it up and do the scene or something.  I have no idea if that is true or not but maybe he's just like, NOPE. I'm out.  Maybe he hoped for a good exit for Crowley but then a good line he wrote was edited out so now he's feeling disrespected.  I dunno. Maybe all of it, has him just dunzo. I do agree that something big happened and oh my....what will come out next.

If there is no public thanks from Jared or Jensen or Misha, I don't even know what to think about that other than he had a major split with the lot of them. Weird.

Mark P had already been brought on and I suspect Marks departure already confirmed before that scene. Sounds like bad blood between Mark and TPTB for the last episodes. Not happy my suspicions have been pretty much confirmed.

• Love 2

Huh. That last comment really does sound like there is bad blood, which is a shame. Characters die all the time on SPN, so I didn't read anything sinister into his being written out. But he must be angry about something.

I can't really speculate on what it was. Maybe he did think that Crowley got shafted in his last episode. I'm guessing, however, that it is more likely that he's ticked off about some aspect of his own treatment by the powers that be.

2 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

Mark P had already been brought on and I suspect Marks departure already confirmed before that scene. Sounds like bad blood between Mark and TPTB for the last episodes. Not happy my suspicions have been pretty much confirmed.

Not necessarily. 12.21 would have been filmed late March or early April. He could have gone to MIchaels and said, I'm not coming back for s13 because this thing happened.. Write me out of the show. Interesting it was a Buck Lemming script. Maybe he's had it

You know if anything to that rumor is true, that is a Buck Lemming script and I've read on Tumblr and Twitter that Buck Lemming do not like their scripts being altered in any way. Maybe Mark stood up to BLemming and got sacked? I dunno.

I'm just throwing out wild spec with no facts.

• Love 1

I'm actually quite sad about all of this. Maybe I'm remembering history through rose tinted glasses, but have we ever had a split like this before? AFAIK, they've always seemed amicable and the actors have only had nice things to say about the show :s. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Not necessarily. 12.21 would have been filmed late March or early April. He could have gone to MIchaels and said, I'm not coming back for s13 because this thing happened.. Write me out of the show. Interesting it was a Buck Lemming script. Maybe he's had it

You know if anything to that rumor is true, that is a Buck Lemming script and I've read on Tumblr and Twitter that Buck Lemming do not like their scripts being altered in any way. Maybe Mark stood up to BLemming and got sacked? I dunno.

I'm just throwing out wild spec with no facts.

Pretty much anything right now is speculation except he's leaving.

15 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

I'm actually quite sad about all of this. Maybe I'm remembering history through rose tinted glasses, but have we ever had a split like this before? AFAIK, they've always seemed amicable and the actors have only had nice things to say about the show :s. 

Mark has never been part of the trio (J2M) and has always seemed a bit of an outsider to me but I never saw any bad blood between them. Just not quite the same  depth of friendship.

• Love 3
(edited)

Well, I'll be damned.

The boys are actually featured 2 times in the new CW promo. /thud

(I mean yes, blink and you'll miss it but they ARE THERE!)

Edited by catrox14
3 minutes ago, Wayward Son said:

Mark is very confident in himself and his ability to get a job. And he's not wrong. He'll be hired easily again for acting if that's what he wants.  He's talented and extremely reliable in terms of acting performance. Compared to other actors, I think Mark is much more comfortable saying 'screw you' to people.

As for others... Felicia Day was nice about it but CLEARLY unhappy with her character's death.  Jim Beaver was bummed to leave but knew it made sense. However, he really does like being brought back.  It was definitely hard on Osric Chau to leave.  Ruth has been quippy in a fun way but Ruth doesn't have Mark's resume or resources. 

So... of all the people who have been killed, I'd put Mark and Felicia as the ones who could actually afford to be fully candid about their departure.  I think Felicia was bummed but had so many other things going on, she just moved on.  Mark, OTOH, I think had other stuff going on but he won't bullshit for people.  Jim's job description probably includes "Chief Bullshitter on Social Media." And he does it well.  So, even if the ending was completely amicable ... it's well within Mark's personality to pinch off Jim's BS.  

I'm also not surprised that he's going to eschew Creation cons, the more I think about it.  I think he LOVES the SPNFamly, I really do... but .... he is not going to want anything remotely approaching pity from fans.  That'll piss him off.  He'll be blunt when asked questions IMO.  Phoenix Con... man... I'd be a little afraid to ask him a question.  He'll either chew on his departure or he'll be extremely matter of fact and not talk about it at all.  Depends on his mood.  Yes... the more I think on it, the more I think J2 should address it.  Of course, they don't show until Sunday and Mark is there on Saturdays.  So maybe Rich. Rich has some steel to him.  And he has an active relationship with the show as a director. Maybe Rich will say something about his departure before he comes on stage.  Or Mark will make a statement at the con.   

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Well, I'll be damned.

The boys are actually featured 2 times in the new CW promo. /thud

(I mean yes, blink and you'll miss it but they ARE THERE!)

They sure do love Riverdale!

(edited)

Excellent points made by a user on twitter https://mobile.twitter.com/bbinatrenchcoat/status/867605538477101060

Bless you for standing up to this Mark. I'm over the way everyone who isn't named Jared or Jensen is treated like sh*t on this show just to string us all along in the name of cheap shock value and shoddy writing. I'm a fan of Team Free Will and the extended cast and I'm sick of the way this show treats its fans. If you're not in it for Jared and Jensen and Jared and Jensen only @cw_spn doesn't want you!! They went too far this time with you, Misha, and Ruth. It was extremely cheap and disrespectful. Thank you for being one of the few who'll be honest.

So true! This show has always treated Misha and Mark like shit. The current treatment of Mark at the moment being a perfect example of it. 

Edited by Wayward Son
  • Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, Wayward Son said:

You know, I don't know what to think of it, I still feel like I'm being trolled somehow. And, I find it very unusual for Mark to take his personal work issues to social media. He's usually very professional about these things. On the one hand I'm a little disappointed in Mark, but on the other, I'm really proud of him too. Right now I'm really disappointed in the show, though.

I've never gotten a sense he was anything but thrilled to be working on the show. Either something really big--and I mean really big--went down or Mark is a much better actor than I've always given him credit for--which, I've always thought he was the best actor on the show, even if I wished someone would stab Crowley in the face many times over the years.

As to other splits, I can't think of any that haven't been amicable off the top of my head. Felicia Day was saddened by her character's death--as was Osric--but I think she would still come back in heartbeat if they asked. Same with Osric, Ty Olsen, and pretty much anyone else I can think of off the top of my head. The only person I can think of who I know asked their character to be killed off was Rachael Miner (Meg), but that was due to health reasons, as far as I know. Pretty much everyone seems to talk about how working on the show has been one of the best experiences of their lives. 

6 hours ago, SueB said:

I'm also not surprised that he's going to eschew Creation cons, the more I think about it.  

I don't blame Mark for stepping away from Creation. It would be foolish for him not to. He's a well-known actor from many different shows, to limit himself to only Creation cons in the US will only harm his career. Plus, as I said above, Mark loves fans. He's not going to limit himself to any interaction with them. Good for him, I say! 

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 5

I think it's a money thing.  

I wonder if all this background kerfuffle was going on when poor Mark had to poke out his tongue and hop on one foot.  How humiliating.  But he was under contract I guess.  

He'll get another gig.  Mark's a good solid actor.   His chemistry with Jensen was always fun to watch and he did get some awesome lines that we'll be quoting forever.  I'll miss Crowley.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

As to other splits, I can't think of any that haven't been amicable off the top of my head. Felicia Day was saddened by her character's death--as was Osric--but I think she would still come back in heartbeat if they asked

Felicia had some shade on Twitter towards Michaels' too IIRC....

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Pondlass1 said:

I think it's a money thing.  

I wonder if all this background kerfuffle was going on when poor Mark had to poke out his tongue and hop on one foot.  How humiliating.  But he was under contract I guess.  

He'll get another gig.  Mark's a good solid actor.   His chemistry with Jensen was always fun to watch and he did get some awesome lines that we'll be quoting forever.  I'll miss Crowley.

When they killed Crowley in that episode, I tweeted that it was a mercy killing (and maybe at Mark's behest). It's no secret I think the writers, who serve at the pleasure of the showrunner(s), neutered Dean this season (I'm not even watching Perez episodes any more). But what they did to/with Crowley is worse. The exposition monologues, the foolishness of the whole storyline, the utterly embarrassing back and forth between him and Lucifer, culminating in the scene bolded above. I literally cringed watching it all. I don't know which came first in this chicken-and-egg scenario. Did they force him to act out these ridiculous scenes because he was leaving, or did he reach a final-straw moment and tell them to fuck off? I just don't believe it was an organic story choice at this point - Crowley is too intertwined with the boys, at times the only thing standing between them and the multitudes of demons who want them dead. Nope, I don't buy it.

• Love 4

Maybe Mark S. is out simply because Mark P. is back as a regular.  They will only pay so many big names, and for some reason that is incomprehensible to me, they just can't get enough of Lucifer.  If this is the case, then it pisses me off even more because I genuinely liked Crowley, and Lucifer gives me hives.  

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Maybe Mark S. is out simply because Mark P. is back as a regular.  They will only pay so many big names, and for some reason that is incomprehensible to me, they just can't get enough of Lucifer.  If this is the case, then it pisses me off even more because I genuinely liked Crowley, and Lucifer gives me hives.  

Then that means they essentially fired Mark S for Mark P.  That would certainly explain his saltiness. IMO if Mark S wanted time away to do his band or whatever, they didn't have to kill off Crowley to make that happen. 

I don't understand though why they would bring back Mark P as a regular just to put in him the AU unless they intend for their to be many episodes in the AU, or somehow the boys get into the AU right away, which I personally would find annoying.

That said, they could ask Jackifer to lop off some more of his energy to open a portal to get Mary back out which means Lucifer is back and I am so fucking tired of that character.

I still wonder about Jensen saying he'd like to play Lucifer but he also wouldn't because he'd be compared to Mark P. That's kind of peculiar character for Jensen to name.

(edited)
10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I don't understand though why they would bring back Mark P as a regular just to put in him the AU unless they intend for their to be many episodes in the AU, or somehow the boys get into the AU right away, which I personally would find annoying.

That said, they could ask Jackifer to lop off some more of his energy to open a portal to get Mary back out which means Lucifer is back and I am so fucking tired of that character.

Dabb was all gungho about how the show was moving into exciting new territory, and then killed off everyone except the one person I wanted dead for good.  I'm sure he will be either sprung from the AU pretty quickly, or they're actually going to have some episodes/scenes take place there.  It honestly makes it difficult to get too excited for the next season when Lucifer is just such a downer for me.  I don't hang out all that much on social media, but is Mark P. really such a darling of the majority of fans?   

Crowley at least had a purpose.  He wanted to run Hell, and he wanted to buy souls and steal as much power as he could get.  And he would work with whoever would help him get what he wanted, which meant aligning himself with TFW on more than one occasion.  He was deliciously snarky and fun and surprisingly trustworthy at times.

Lucifer has no purpose other than to be annoying.  He wants no part of Heaven or Hell.  He's a spoiled child who wants to do nothing but destroy, but we don't really even know why.  Every time he's onscreen, I just get more angry with Chuck for being such an irresponsible God.  

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 6
(edited)
35 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I don't hang out all that much on social media, but is Mark P. really such a darling of the majority of fans?   

Mark P is a polarizing figure on Twitter in general IMO. That said, he is a great actor. I am just so tired of Lucifer.

Honestly, I feel like over the past 2 seasons, Lucifer has become the main character even over Sam and Dean.

Seriously. Look at this:

Lucifer has been tied directly to every character.

Sam - for all the reasons from the past and present
Dean - The Mark of Cain arc
Cas - possessed by Lucifer for weeks , let out into the world because of this. Killed by Lucifer :(:(:(
Mary - Stuck in the AU with Lucifer after she tried to punch him back into the AU.

Ghuck: Lucifer's father. SO MUCH TIME on their stupid relationship in s11
Amara - The reason Lucifer became evil via the Mark of Cain

Crowley:  extended arc with Crowley and Lucifer tete a tete in which Lucifer automagically reversed the polarity on his previously inescapable living meatsuit cage controlled by Crowley who then kills himself in the AU, rather than losing to Lucifer ..FOR NOTHING. Lucifer got out of the AU anyway and killed Cas. (GHUCKDAMMIT Cas better not be dead)

Rowena:  used by Lucifer to get out of the Cage and then killed by Lucifer.. twice.

Father of Jackifer:  Possessed a cardinal (not the bird) and killed him and possessed POTUS, raped a woman wearing POTUS specifically to create his Spawn who is now the Jackifer, the most powerful entity in the universe apparently, Non-Ghuck/Non-Amara division

Honest to Ghuck, I half expect the spinoff to be Supernatural: It's Lucifer's Universe Now. I'm not even sure I don't mean that. LOL

Edited by catrox14
Forgot about Mary....:(
  • Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

Honestly, I feel like over the past 2 seasons, Lucifer has become the main character even over Sam and Dean.

I completely agree with you.  For me, his seemed like the biggest story arc this season.  I'm sure that's partly because I hated every minute he was onscreen, but he was in far too many episodes.  And the fact that he's supposedly unable to be killed just makes it even more ridiculous.  For as many run-ins as he's had with Sam and Dean, he could and would have just twitched his little finger and immolated both of them on numerous occasions.  So that means, going forward, we'll just get more of the same.  He'll toy with them but never kill them, which just makes no sense.  Crowley could certainly have killed Sam and Dean at any time, and they him, but they needed each other whether they liked admitting it or not.  There was a reason for them to keep the other alive.  There is no such reason for Lucifer.

Edited by MysteryGuest
  • Love 8

I'm not convinced that this isn't a massive troll job by Mark S., but would be ok with him not coming back- I agree with some of you that his character was painted into this corner and there were no good storylines for him. 

Is it confirmed that Mark P. is a regular next season? I really hope not. Not a fan of the actor, and REALLY not a fan of Lucifer. Should have left him in the cage. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Binns said:

I'm not convinced that this isn't a massive troll job by Mark S., but would be ok with him not coming back- I agree with some of you that his character was painted into this corner and there were no good storylines for him. 

None of this reads like trolling to me.  There is too much animosity in that tweet for it to be a fake out.

I interpret this exchanges as

• Mark S was fired
  • They didn't give him any guarantee of recurring/returning
  • He knows that there is huge loophole for his death (the AU Mary is in), but still no place for him next season
  • They kill him off and then completely undercut it with a Cas death fakeout (which may be a ploy to lessen backlash over Crowley getting killed off)
  • Mark S announces he's out and is gracious about it but and transparently hints that it wasn't his choice
  • The co - EP responds by  trolling fans with his return and implies it was Mark S choice and the show will actively recruit him to come back (never say never, I know where you live)
  • Mark S takes issue and he clearly phrases it in a way that puts the responsibility for him not returning on the show.
  • Love 4
5 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Mark P is a polarizing figure on Twitter in general IMO. That said, he is a great actor. I am just so tired of Lucifer.

I haven't seen him in much but I loved him as Gavin in The Closer. I don't love him in this role as much because I'm just sick of the played out storyline.

5 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

Dabb was all gungho about how the show was moving into exciting new territory,

Which is funny because all of the previous seasons were more exciting than season 12.

2 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I haven't seen him in much but I loved him as Gavin in The Closer. I don't love him in this role as much because I'm just sick of the played out storyline.

He was GREAT on LOST.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, MysteryGuest said:

And the fact that he's supposedly unable to be killed just makes it even more ridiculous.

And yet the end of season 11 saw God of all people on the verge of death at the hands of Amara..who had just tortured Lucifer for multiple episodes and he went on with nary a scratch. Ugh.

3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

He was GREAT on LOST.

And now that I think about it he was pretty good on Grimm as Hank's old friend.

Just now, DeeDee79 said:

And now that I think about it he was pretty good on Grimm as Hank's old friend.

OH I totally forgot he was on Grimm. LOL.

I just really want Sasha Roiz on SPN. I think he would be great as a new villain.

OH I totally forgot he was on Grimm. LOL.

I just really want Sasha Roiz on SPN. I think he would be great as a new villain.

Yes please! And he must be a shirtless villain!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Yes please! And he must be a shirtless villain!

And use his cellphone at least once per episode whilst he's shirtless.  LOL

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

And use his cellphone at least once per episode. Both at the same time. LOL

Planning the demise of the Winchesters with his henchmen while ripping off his shirt? That's good TV!

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And use his cellphone at least once per episode whilst he's shirtless.  LOL

Yes, please.

Do you think Jared has a nobody-taller-than-me-allowed clause in his contract? Cuz I think that would disqualify Sasha, no? *g*

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

None of this reads like trolling to me.  There is too much animosity in that tweet for it to be a fake out.

I interpret this exchanges as

• Mark S was fired
  • They didn't give him any guarantee of recurring/returning
  • He knows that there is huge loophole for his death (the AU Mary is in), but still no place for him next season
  • They kill him off and then completely undercut it with a Cas death fakeout (which may be a ploy to lessen backlash over Crowley getting killed off)
  • Mark S announces he's out and is gracious about it but and transparently hints that it wasn't his choice
  • The co - EP responds by  trolling fans with his return and implies it was Mark S choice and the show will actively recruit him to come back (never say never, I know where you live)
  • Mark S takes issue and he clearly phrases it in a way that puts the responsibility for him not returning on the show.

Except for maybe being annoyed about being overshadowed by Cas, I think it has to be something more specific than that.

Actors being "fired" from a show (except in cases where the actor actually is fired for bad behavior, i.e Charlie Sheen, or the guy who made homophobic comments on Grey's Anatomy) isn't like someone being fired from an ordinary job, because there has to be an understanding that being written out of a show for storyline reasons is a possibility, especially on an arc-driven genre show like SPN. Maybe the storyline will later dictate that you come back for some guest appearances, but it isn't a guarantee. So I can't see him being bitter about losing his job, per se.

It is plausible to me that he is upset about the way Crowley was written off, and wanted him to at least go out in a successful ploy without his death being outdone  by Cas's two minutes later. But I'm also wondering if it isn't something else behind the scenes. Maybe the writers dicked around on giving him a decision on whether or not he was being written off. Maybe the writers asked him to play along and keep the fans guessing by throwing out hints of Crowley's return, and MS thought it was crappy to do that to the fans if there was no prospect of his returning. But I think it is more than just Crowley's time on the show coming to an end. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, companionenvy said:

Except for maybe being annoyed about being overshadowed by Cas, I think it has to be something more specific than that.

Actors being "fired" from a show (except in cases where the actor actually is fired for bad behavior, i.e Charlie Sheen, or the guy who made homophobic comments on Grey's Anatomy) isn't like someone being fired from an ordinary job, because there has to be an understanding that being written out of a show for storyline reasons is a possibility, especially on an arc-driven genre show like SPN. Maybe the storyline will later dictate that you come back for some guest appearances, but it isn't a guarantee. So I can't see him being bitter about losing his job, per se.

It is plausible to me that he is upset about the way Crowley was written off, and wanted him to at least go out in a successful ploy without his death being outdone  by Cas's two minutes later. But I'm also wondering if it isn't something else behind the scenes. Maybe the writers dicked around on giving him a decision on whether or not he was being written off. Maybe the writers asked him to play along and keep the fans guessing by throwing out hints of Crowley's return, and MS thought it was crappy to do that to the fans if there was no prospect of his returning. But I think it is more than just Crowley's time on the show coming to an end. 

I think the co-EP's tweet was enough.  I found it really annoying and self serving. Mark S seemed to be handling it fine until then but the co-EP just had to get the last word in and play it like it was Mark's choice.

If he had just thanked him I think it would have been fine. 

• Love 4
(edited)
20 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes, please.

Do you think Jared has a nobody-taller-than-me-allowed clause in his contract? Cuz I think that would disqualify Sasha, no? *g*

No. Cause Tahmoh Penikett is as tall as Jared LOL. And the Golem actor

27 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

Planning the demise of the Winchesters with his henchmen while ripping off his shirt? That's good TV!

It's all I need. i think the Winchesters should be shirtless too...for balance

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Yes, please.

Jared is a 1/2 inch taller (per IMBD) so he should be good :)

It's all I need. i think the Winchesters should be shirtless too...for balance

And balance is important!

• Love 3
On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 7:36 AM, DittyDotDot said:

I've never gotten a sense he was anything but thrilled to be working on the show

At every con he is always so thankful and grateful for the show and the fans. I would be surprised if it was his choice. I loved Crowley and ehs my husbands favorite character! It will be sad to not have him.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, The Morning Star said:

What I find interesting is that with all I've seen, no one seems like like Jim Michaels.

He comes across to me as a needy attention-ho. He loves to name-drop.

• Love 2