Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

It really explains the Red Wedding tweet Yockey made to Meredith Glynn that I wish I could find again, but I saw it.

Jensen made reference to the same thing in his panel with Jared.  I just feel bad that if Mark is truly leaving, it's almost as if no one cares about it.  That can't help but make him feel a little bad, like he wasn't an important enough character to be missed.  I personally will miss Crowley quite a bit.  It isn't his fault the writers couldn't write anything interesting for him to do.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, MysteryGuest said:

Jensen made reference to the same thing in his panel with Jared.  I just feel bad that if Mark is truly leaving, it's almost as if no one cares about it.  That can't help but make him feel a little bad, like he wasn't an important enough character to be missed.  I personally will miss Crowley quite a bit.  It isn't his fault the writers couldn't write anything interesting for him to do.  

Ditto! That's been my concern is how does it make the actors feel. Mark and Ruth have to feel at least a bit unhappy if not very unhappy they have been pretty much forgotten.

• Love 4
Just now, MysteryGuest said:

I agree. The only thing I can say is that Crowley did have a good exit on his terms. But it felt much too rushed and no emotional resonance.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I agree. The only thing I can say is that Crowley did have a good exit on his terms. But it felt much too rushed and no emotional resonance.

If they hadn't killed Cas, Crowley's death would have resonated more.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Considering they killed 4 major characters in the span of about 5 minutes, there wasn't much time to react to any of their deaths.  I'm fairly confident that Cas and Mary will be back, but I don't really see them revisiting the deaths of Crowley or Rowena to mourn them.  We might get a quick mention, but that will be all.  

If they're both going to be in Phoenix, then maybe we'll hear a bit more about how things went down.  I'm seriously tired of watching everyone I like die on this show.  I know I should be used to it by now, but it's not fun.

• Love 9

While I think Crowley is dead, I suspect we haven't seen the last of Mark Shepherd. Unlike Misha, I'm betting he is done as a regular, but tons of dead characters have made reappearances in one context or another, and the AU world opens the possibility of other scenarios for a version of Crowley to return. And since I like my Crowley in small doses, that suits me just fine.

7 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Considering they killed 4 major characters in the span of about 5 minutes, there wasn't much time to react to any of their deaths.  I'm fairly confident that Cas and Mary will be back, but I don't really see them revisiting the deaths of Crowley or Rowena to mourn them.  We might get a quick mention, but that will be all.  

If they're both going to be in Phoenix, then maybe we'll hear a bit more about how things went down.  I'm seriously tired of watching everyone I like die on this show.  I know I should be used to it by now, but it's not fun.

Yeah we didn't get much time to mourn, since well everything happened so quickly. I am certain Mary will be back, otherwise Lucifer would of just flat out killed her if they were done with her.  I am thinking Mary being stuck in the AU is so we can get some story here, and see Bobby again or other dead characters like Ellen, Jo, Charlie etc. showing up.

I couldn't agree more death is getting so overused and I am so bored and tired of it. Granted Crowley had a 8-year run on the show, which is extremely generous considering so many only last no more than 1-3 years. But still I'm over so deaths. I'm so sick of writers thinking someone needs to die for good storytelling and drama.

• Love 3
22 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

If they hadn't killed Cas, Crowley's death would have resonated more.

And even Cas' death doesn't have all the emotional resonance it should have had IMO, because fans don't really know whether to be mad, shocked or grieve because it's possible he's not really dead.

This is not GoT, Dabb....sheesh

I also think Crowley and Rowena are both dead-dead. As hokey as they can be at times, I don't think they'd fake us out with Rowena's death twice. I think in and of itself, Crowley got a 'good death' after an abomination of a season for the character.  I'd love it Mark S turned up in Doom!World as someone 180° departure from Crowley. Maybe an American instead of a Brit? LOL!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

And even Cas' death doesn't have all the emotional resonance it should have had IMO, because fans don't really know whether to be mad, shocked or grieve because it's possible he's not really dead.

This is not GoT, Dabb....sheesh

Although there are quite a few really committed Misha fans. It sounded like things were very emotional at JIBCON until Misha reassured them.

(edited)

Cas said there were only 'a few humans' remaining in the Doom!World, so I'd expect the survivors to be either badass hunters-turned-soldiers, or people with smarts. Ellen comes to mind, maybe Ash? I wonder which angels we might see? Uriel? Balthazar? Zachariah was more of a suit than a warrior. What about demons? I wish Rachel Miner could come back as Meg :(

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 minute ago, Idahoforspn said:

Although there are quite a few really committed Misha fans. It sounded like things were very emotional at JIBCON until Misha reassured them.

I was more speaking of grieving for the character of Cas. And even then his reassurances were tinged with uncertainty about Actual Castiel's fate.

• Love 2
(edited)

You know, it might have been really cool for the show to eschew the whole SEASON FINALE CLIFFHANGER!!1! thing and have all the big action in the penultimate episode but then end on a relatively downbeat and quiet finale. That's how ~all the cool shows~ seem to be doing it nowadays anyway. That way, we would know whether the deaths are for real and whether we should be mourning. Which IMO would actually make it easier to get intrigued and invested in the story we'll be getting next season.

Being all wary of being jerked around, and wondering if we should be sad but also not wanting to look foolish and fall for a trick, is really not that conducive to getting intrigued and invested in where the show's going from here IMO.

ETA:  in other words, I think they should have put the deaths in the penultimate episode (and people totally say penultimate shut up) and then started the mourning -- if there's even gonna be mourning -- in the finale.

Edited by rue721
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, rue721 said:

You know, it might have been really cool for the show to eschew the whole SEASON FINALE CLIFFHANGER!!1! thing and have all the big action in the penultimate episode but then end on a relatively downbeat and quiet finale. That's how ~all the cool shows~ seem to be doing it nowadays anyway. That way, we would know whether the deaths are for real and whether we should be mourning. Which IMO would actually make it easier to get intrigued and invested in the story we'll be getting next season.

Being all wary of being jerked around, and wondering if we should be sad but also not wanting to look foolish and fall for a trick, is really not that conducive to getting intrigued and invested in where the show's going from here IMO.

ETA:  in other words, I think they should have put the deaths in the penultimate episode (and people totally say penultimate shut up) and then started the mourning -- if there's even gonna be mourning -- in the finale.

Or just stop killing needlessly! ;)

TBH, I think they could've and maybe should've spread out these last three episodes into four episodes and doled the deaths out more.  It's not uncommon for them to over-pack their final three episode, but I think Mary getting caught should've happened an episode or two earlier. That way it gives them a bit more time to brainwash Mary and make it believable. And, gives us a bit more time with them trapped in the bunker--I actually think this could've easily been an episode of it's own. So we could start the penultimate episode with Mary and Jodi and shown the planning of the raid and the aftermath instead of a boring explosion to say it was over. Then they could've peppered in a bit of the Devil baby drama into episode 22 and give episode 23 some room to breath.

So much of the finale was done off screen and for not-so-shocking shock value that it really lost it's heart and soul. 

9 hours ago, SueB said:

In case you haven't see Scooby Doo in a while... a recent clip.... I can TOTALLY see a cross-over

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/video/be-cool-scooby-doo/velma-cant-swim-clip.html

I love Scooby Doo!  I've only watched the classic eps and movies (live action and animated) and hadn't seen the newer ones before, so thanks for posting the clip. :)  (While I didn't really care for the animation at first, it still had the old-school 'feel'.)  I know some people are already groaning over the idea, but I'm predisposed to loving it!  I wonder if they'll somehow tie it back to Regarding Dean, since he sat down and watched Scooby in that ep?

52 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

Or just stop killing needlessly! ;)

Amen to that. 

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, RulerofallIsurvey said:

I know some people are already groaning over the idea, but I'm predisposed to loving it!

Sounds like a fun diversion to me! I'm looking forward to it, myself.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DittyDotDot said:

So much of the finale was done off screen and for not-so-shocking shock value that it really lost it's heart and soul. 

I agree. It particularly showed with the raid. It was really anticlematic. Seemed like 2 minutes from when they drove up to the building to when it exploded and part of that was spent talking to Hess 

• Love 1
(edited)

My brother and I were shooting the breeze and talking about how Alternate to SPN's prime universe this Alternate universe is going to be characters wise (we were both fringe fans so we have experience)

We we're like, What if God has given the Mark Of Cain to Michael instead of Lucifer "over there" and what if the roles of Michael and Lucifer are some how reversed because of this?

Then we thought about remember how Michael and Lucifer were about to possess both brothers before they changed the finale?

Which got us to this:

And warning, heavy "out there" cheesy totally unrealistic fan fiction here.

What if the Good pair of brothers, "Our" Michael and "Their" Lucifer were to possess their perfect vessels Sam and Dean to fight the bad brothers "Our" Lucifer and "Their" Michael to bring back the balance to both worlds?

Just having some fun here.

Edited by The Morning Star
  • Love 1
(edited)

I agree with a bunch here that they need to quit killing characters all the time!  It gets tired, predictable and weakens the show by losing so many good characters over the years.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 2

Mark has played games with fans about Crowley's fate so many times that I just don't trust him.
I just don't. He trolls.

We'll see if he stops doing Creation cons and doesn't come to Comic Con. And even then it's  going to take J2M2, Singer, Dabb, all swearing a blood oath along with seeing Crowley's body somewhere burning in a funeral pyre, taking the cremains burying part of them in mantel of the Earth, some sent to bottom of the Mariana Trench, and the other remains sent to the Empty for me to believe Crowley is really most sincerely dead not just mostly dead.

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, SueB said:

So Mark's tweets (and a response to one of the responses...) seems to support that was "the end". 

I'd like to believe him, but he's played the Crowley's dead card a few times too many now.

Nice T-shirt and worthy cause, though.

57 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

Mark has played games with fans about Crowley's fate so many times that I just don't trust him.
I just don't. He trolls.

We'll see if he stops doing Creation cons and doesn't come to Comic Con. And even then it's  going to take J2M2, Singer, Dabb, all swearing a blood oath along with seeing Crowley's body somewhere burning in a funeral pyre, taking the cremains burying part of them in mantel of the Earth, some sent to bottom of the Mariana Trench, and the other remains sent to the Empty for me to believe Crowley is really most sincerely dead not just mostly dead.

I don't think he'd necessarily stop doing cons though. Gil was on what? 2 episodes? Most of the people on the circuit on the show any more, lol. Since Mark doesn't really answer questions, per se, on his panels, he could do them forever.

For what it's worth:

I don't think she made this comment based on her acquaintance with the cast and crew. I think this is probably her personal opinion. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'd like to believe him, but he's played the Crowley's dead card a few times too many now.

Nice T-shirt and worthy cause, though.

He just seems pretty salty in his tweet though. The 'surprise surprise' seems like shade to me.

Honestly though, if that was the end of Crowley, I think his last words were perfect. "Bye boys" is such a fitting bookend to his many times said and often stolen by others, 'Hello boys'. Kinda gets me right here. :'(

And if it was the end, the screw the showrunners for not even a word of regret or goodbye to a fantastic actor who has been part of the family for 8 years. That alone gives me a little hope that he's not gone.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

And if it was the end, the screw the showrunners for not even a word of regret or goodbye to a fantastic actor who has been part of the family for 8 years. That alone gives me a little hope that he's not gone.

I totally agree the way they've handled things with Mark, if this is indeed the end, is absolutely atrocious! I also feel it was wrong of them to have Rowena and Cas die in the same episode. Especially if both of them wind up back on the show next season, but Mark / Crowley is actually gone. 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He just seems pretty salty in his tweet though. The 'surprise surprise' seems like shade to me.

Honestly though, if that was the end of Crowley, I think his last words were perfect. "Bye boys" is such a fitting bookend to his many times said and often stolen by others, 'Hello boys'. Kinda gets me right here. :'(

I didn't read his tweet as salty, but that's the problem with these things, intonation can make a difference. However, I agree, if this is really the last of Crowley, then they really screwed the pooch here in letting Mark get some accolades, not only from fans, but TPTB.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, DittyDotDot said:

. However, I agree, if this is really the last of Crowley, then they really screwed the pooch here in letting Mark get some accolades, not only from fans, but TPTB.

This!!!!!

• Love 2

Jared and Jensen's reaction to Jared spilling about Misha seemed like an "oops, should not have said that moment." 

It seemed like they weren't supposed to and they are the leads, so I doubt they'd let SE Hinton announce it like that if Crowley was really gone.

• Love 5

If Crowley is really most sincerely dead, I might have to give up my SuperWhoLock secret decoder ring and membership card.  

Walks away mumbling to self...........

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DJG1122 said:

If Crowley is really most sincerely dead, I might have to give up my SuperWhoLock secret decoder ring and membership card.  

Walks away mumbling to self...........

Noooooooo. that is the saddest thing I have read all day :(

• Love 1
(edited)

Not really spoilers... but he does say they haven't had the concept meetings yet.

However, that's a BIT of a disconnect because:
1) They've filmed the Scooby Doo episode -- which could be a flashback, and thus not upsetting the timeline -- but if it's a MOTW then they know the resolution of the Cas story (because they said Misha recorded)
2) The writers are already at work -- which is early.  Or that was a mis-report. Usually they go back in about the week after the finale.  This year they were in before Upfronts.

BUT, if it's true they haven't had the concept meetings... it's nice to know that they essentially RUN the concepts by the actors.  It may be a simple courtesy but I would think after 12 years, if one or the other was truly concerned, they'd raise a flag.

PS: Note to Jensen: Look in the mirror and at your buddy -- THAT's the longevity.  I know humility keeps you from saying it, but I think only you and Jared don't say it, everyone else does. 

ETA: We are 6 weeks and 1 or 2 days away from the SDCC attendees announcement (that's 2 weeks prior to SDCC... puts it about the 5th or 6th of July) at the LATEST.  We'll at least know who is on the panel.  If Shepard ISN'T there, that' telling IMO. It means he's NOT a regular.  If he IS there, it means he's a regular for S13..  They look forward at SDCC, not backward.  

Edited by SueB
  • Love 1
(edited)
15 minutes ago, SueB said:

Not really spoilers... but he does say they haven't had the concept meetings yet.

1) They've filmed the Scooby Doo episode -- which could be a flashback, and thus not upsetting the timeline -- but if it's a MOTW then they know the resolution of the Cas story (because they said Misha recorded)
2) The writers are already at work -- which is early.  Or that was a mis-report. Usually they go back in about the week after the finale.  This year they were in before Upfronts.

[3)] BUT, if it's true they haven't had the concept meetings... it's nice to know that they essentially RUN the concepts by the actors.  It may be a simple courtesy but I would think after 12 years, if one or the other was truly concerned, they'd raise a flag.

PS: Note to Jensen: Look in the mirror and at your buddy -- THAT's the longevity.  I know humility keeps you from saying it, but I think only you and Jared don't say it, everyone else does. 

I'm at work, so I can't watch the video, but as to the disconnect:

1. Maybe they know that Cass survives, but not how or why and the Scooby Doo episode doesn't directly deal with anything that they would need to know more as of yet?
  2. I don't think it's all that early myself. It seems to me they went back to work when the finale was airing last year too...or maybe it was just after the finale aired. Either way, I don't think it's all that early. I'd have to look it up and can't right now, but the finale seems later to me this year for some reason, though? Maybe I'm just getting old and time isn't tracking for me properly anymore? Hard to tell with me.
  3. I agree, I think it's good they touch bases with the boys.
Edited by DittyDotDot
(edited)
44 minutes ago, SueB said:

Here's some news: Mark is NOT at the JUST ANNOUNCED (today, 23 May 17) Orlando Convention

https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_orl.html

That's your indicator.  Seriously, Mark would NOT skip that pay just to protect a show secret.

He may appear in flashback or OtherWorld, but I don't think Mark Sheppard is a regular anymore.  

I'm not sure I get you're reasoning? Seems to me if Mark didn't want to give up the pay, he would go every con he was invited to whether or not he was still on the show. I personally don't think it means anything other than he wasn't available to go to the con.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

I think Mark and Ruth are gone for good, as well.  Mark at least got to leave sacrificing himself for TFW, but Rowena got the shaft.  Have they ever gotten rid of a character of Rowena's stature off camera like that before?  I can't think of anyone else who didn't at least get to be in the episode they were killed in.  I know they were crunched for time, but that really seems shitty to me. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not sure I get you're reasoning? Seems to me if Mark didn't want to give up the pay, he would go every con he was invited to whether or not he was still on the show. I personally don't think it means anything other than he wasn't available to go to the con. Maybe Mark just doesn't want to deal with the emotional fallout either way right now?

Or he wasn't invited to the Orlando Convention at all. I don't think Mark is at every con is he?

Mark is still listed for the Phoenix Con in June.

https://www.creationent.com/cal/supernatural_az.htm

11 minutes ago, DittyDotDot said:

I'm not sure I get you're reasoning? Seems to me if Mark didn't want to give up the pay, he would go every con he was invited to whether or not he was still on the show. I personally don't think it means anything other than he wasn't available to go to the con. Maybe Mark just doesn't want to deal with the emotional fallout either way right now?

That's what I was trying to say. 

1 hour ago, SueB said:

Note to Jensen: Look in the mirror and at your buddy -- THAT's the longevity.  I know humility keeps you from saying it, but I think only you and Jared don't say it, everyone else does. 

This 100%. SPN is a great show with lots going for it; an exciting premise, creepy interesting stories, endless possibilities for more monsters, endlessly reusable road trip structure etc etc. But other shows have had all of this and more and have lasted nowhere near as long. SPN is still going after 12 seasons for 1 key reason, one USP that other shows simply don't have and that is the amazing chemistry between Jared and Jensen and the wonderful, believable characters and bond they have created out of it.

1 hour ago, SueB said:

I don't think it is a disconnect because it is consistent with what they have said in previous years. I think the SD ep will be entirely standalone and set in some sort of fantasy / AU/ in their heads world where anything goes. Then it can fit anywhere, affects nothing and gives nothing away about the real life fates of the characters in the animation. That is the only way they could do it as it was written way before the end of even this season (we know that because they have recorded the dialogue already). So I don't think the script for that ep tells us or the cast anything about Cas's or Crowley's fate.

The writers are back at work, and yes a bit earlier than usual. But it takes a long time to flesh out the structure of the first half of the season. And they don't talk Jared and Jensen though that to bounce ideas around or get their 'permission'. They are telling them what will be happening not consulting them. Of course they can express a view but they've said in the past that they aren't writers and haven't ever tried to influence big plot arcs. So I imagine we are still a fair way off the writers being ready to share their plans. This is why I think all we got from Misha was speculation and maybe some broad strokes from his contract negotiations as he will know to what extent he still has a job (whether as a regular or a guest star or not at all).

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, SueB said:

He's been at every con in the last two years.  This is the first con announced after the finale. 

I think maybe our wires are crossed. Dead characters still go to cons. Orlando isn't until January 2018. They could still invite Mark at any time between now and January.  He's booked for Phoenix which is the first con post the finale non JIBcon division. He can cancel that appearance if he so chooses and can say "He's working" if he doesn't want to do the con for whatever reasons.  

(edited)
15 minutes ago, SueB said:

That's what I was trying to say. 

I still don't understand how you came to the conclusion he wasn't on the show if it wouldn't matter to whether he went to the con or not? Are you saying that because he's off the show he wouldn't be invited to cons any longer? If that were the case, then half the guests wouldn't be invited.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong. Just trying to understand your reasoning.

Of all the deaths, I think Crowley's is the most likely to stick, but I've taken the stance on sticking my head in the sand until I hear a definite either way.

Edited by DittyDotDot
  • Love 2

Okay, I'm wondering. Two possible scenarios:

1. Mark S. is trolling us and will be back in S13 in some capacity

2. Mark S was terminated/left the show for whatever reason. TPTB did not want to deal with the backlash and 'killed off' Castiel also allowing JP to to "accidently" leak that Cas/Misha would be back. There's no backlash for Crowley.

Guess I just have a suspicious mind.  

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, DJG1122 said:

Mark S was terminated/left the show for whatever reason.

I'm worried about this. What if everyone is being so quiet not because it's only a temporary death, but because (behind the scenes) it wasn't an amicable separation? I'd hate to think something shitty went down.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 minutes ago, rue721 said:

I'm worried about this. What if everyone is being so quiet not because it's only a temporary death, but because (behind the scenes) it wasn't an amicable separation? I'd hate to think something shitty went down.

I found someone posting this on tumblr.

tumblr_inline_oqfda3pdjF1r6lc3v_1280.png

That certainly seems to imply Mark wasn't best pleased with how things ended for Crowley. 

ETA: I went on to twitter to confirm this wasn't photoshopped and it's legit. Also a fan asked him was he doing SN cons in 2018 and his answer was an abrupt "no". So between the screenshot and that maybe something bad did happen BTS.

Edited by Wayward Son