Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Just now, Idahoforspn said:

I was in a couple of Twitter feeds I follow. I don't know the protocol for sharing Twitter feeds so suffice it to say that it came thru on a couple but I can't guarantee accuracy. I hope he directs personally.

That's ok, what a bummer, I love it when he directs.

• Love 2

Wasn't it already right from Jensen's mouth that he is going to direct next season? Seems odd he'd walk that back just a few weeks later.

I wonder if what they shot for next season involves someone who is not coming back so they got some footage in (for flashbacks maybe?) while they were still there. And if so, can I hope it was Mark P and Lucifer dies in the first five minutes of 13x01?

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I wonder if what they shot for next season involves someone who is not coming back so they got some footage in (for flashbacks maybe?) while they were still there. And if so, can I hope it was Mark P and Lucifer dies in the first five minutes of 13x01?

I've been assuming what they were talking about doing already for S13 was the Scooby Doo crossover episode now. But, maybe not...assuming isn't always a good thing. ;)

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

I understood he decided not to direct because the timing interfered with his business's opening. This came out of JIB apparently.

Not doubting you @Idahoforspn just the information you have might  be unreliable. 

I can't remember an occasion where Jensen himself announced he was directing and then dropped out. That seems like it would not reflect well on him to drop out for other business interests unrelated to SPN, especially when he has a business partner who is the brewmaster along with Jensen's wife and her brother to look after things when he's in Vancouver at least 50% of the time after the brewery does open.

Heh, it would be amusing though if turns out he was actually directing the Scooby episode so he wouldn't have to go up to Vancouver early and do all the tech scouting.

Wasn't it already right from Jensen's mouth that he is going to direct next season? Seems odd he'd walk that back just a few weeks later.

Maybe the Businesd opening got pushed back. Or maybe the tweets I read we're wrong. I'm sure we'll get clarification before long.

I'll hope with you!!!!

1 minute ago, catrox14 said:

Not doubting you @Idahoforspn just the information you have might  be unreliable. 

I can't remember an occasion where Jensen himself announced he was directing and then dropped out. That seems like it would not reflect well on him to drop out for other business interests unrelated to SPN, especially when he has a business partner who is the brewmaster along with Jensen's wife and her brother to look after things when he's in Vancouver at least 50% of the time after the brewery does open.

Heh, it would be amusing though if turns out he was actually directing the Scooby episode so he wouldn't have to go up to Vancouver early and do all the tech scouting.

I tried to make it clear that I don't know if the tweets we're accurate. Just passing on what I saw. I do hope he directs.

3 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

tried to make it clear that I don't know if the tweets we're accurate. Just passing on what I saw. I do hope he directs.

I understood. That's why I was trying to make it clear in my reply that I'm not questioning YOU when I went on to explain my reasons for doubting the information in a general sense.  :)

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I think you are assuming Misha knows Cas's fate. The writers have barely put pen to paper on s13, and he definitely won't have seen a script. He will know, because its contractual, whether he is a regular next season. If he isn't he will have vague idea whether they will at some point want him. 

The writers / Dabb may not have even decided yet what Cas's fate is.

I think Misha wouldn't have said Cas will be back--the real Cas--and effected by the death if he wasn't told as much as specific about those things as he was.  Big things like that and the general direction the producers know way before the first pen to paper.

10 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I understood. That's why I was trying to make it clear in my reply that I'm not questioning YOU when I went on to explain my reasons for doubting the information in a general sense.  :)

Yeah, Jensen isn't directing because he'll be too busy...unfortunately.

1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

It's already known something was filmed for s13, if unclear all of who was involved. I don't think Jared necessarily only meant the Scooby episode.

I think it absolutely just means the Scooby ep. Why would it be anything else? They told us about filming something for s13 a fair while before they finished shooting so it cant have been just an extension of the final scenes of the season (e.g. so they didn't have to keep / rebuild a set or go back to a location). What else could it be than the Scooby ep dialogue?

3 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Didn't they already cross the threshold on resurrection-absurdity like five seasons ago?

I think Chuck said it best, "it's not really jumping the shark if you never come back down."

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I tried to find the original tweets but can't. Was thinking I could copy text without identifying tweeters. You have me curious now. Is he - or isn't he?  

24 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I highly doubt that. Directing animation is a whole different skill set. Unless there is only a few mins of animation, in which case they have somewhat missed the ep!

I tried to find the original tweets but can't. Was thinking I could copy text without identifying tweeters. You have me curious now. Is he - or isn't he?  

Unless it's a private Twitter account, I don't think there's anything wrong with linking tweets. It's a public forum.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I seem to remember J2M talking in the past about having discussions with showrunners/writers before the writers officially put pen to paper about their ideas for the upcoming season, in a general "Hey this is where we are intending to go with the story for next season". I think it is very likely that J2M already know more than they can say especially since it's already known something was filmed for s13, if unclear all of who was involved. I don't think Jared necessarily only meant the Scooby episode.

Also, Jensen is directing this year and if things go as they have in the past Jensen will be filming his episode first even if it doesn't air first. Seems to me, at minimum, Jensen will likely have knowledge of the first 3 episodes of s13 even if he doesn't have the full scripts in his hands now.  He'll certainly know by mid June I would think considering he'll need to go to Vancouver at the end of June to start prepping.  He could direct later in the season which seems unlikely but not impossible.

I think you are correct Jared meant more than just the Scooby episode--you could see by his and Jensen's reactions it was more than just an one off secret...plus we know Misha is back and don't think he's only in 16.  Clearly not.

That's why I couldn't find it. The timeframe was pre JIB.

I'd still like to know where it came from. There was so much excitement on my t/l when he said he was directing, and yet this is literally the first I've seen/heard to the contrary.

• Love 1

This could fit in spoilers if I squint really hard. Does anyone have links to Jensen's solo panel at JIB and Sundays J2?

1 minute ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I'd still like to know where it came from. There was so much excitement on my t/l when he said he was directing, and yet this is literally the first I've seen/heard to the contrary.

I remember now the tweets I read we're based on this site. Maybe we should still ask Michael's? I'll give it a shot.

(edited)
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I heard it in a couple of places--for example a couple of days ago fansided repeated that Jensen is not directing because he'll be busy with a family brewery company opening and because of this Richard Speight Jr. will now direct 2 episodes instead of 1.

Edited by Jakes

I would think that's a lot more reliable.  Yeah!!!

I really don't know, I just wanted to find out where I had heard that he would originally.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't know who runs this blog, but they are asserting he is not directing. Weird. ETA: a spoiler blog, but since  this is the spoilers thread, I assume it's okay to link.

http://ibelieveinthelittletreetopper.tumblr.com/post/160842797128/season-13-what-we-know-so-far

No source of that spec from her either.

I just don't understand why Jensen would put the Brewery over directing an episode especially if he committed himself contractually to doing the episode. When he was on the fence about directing in the past he always said things like "Well, it's not decided yet. If I can, I'd love to do it." He's been very non-committal like he was in s9 or s12. This was him outright stating I will be directing in s13. Short of personal crisis of health or family,which I don't think opening a brewery with partners would qualify.  He's pretty tight lipped until he's sure of something especially about his own contract status and directing. I'm still taking that with a big ole grain of salt. 

Although, this would be amusing to me

Dabb/Singer - 'Did you get the script we mailed"
Jensen: Yep. Just now sitting down to take a look
Jensen: I'm really excited to direct again.
/Sees Buck Lemming's names.

Jensen: "Oh shit. Ummmm. Guys, crap I just got word the brewery opening was delayed...I ..can't..do it now. I'm really sorry guys".

Dabb/Singer: "But...you have people in Austin to help you...and you'll be in Vancouver after it opens..."
Jensen: "Yeah...sorry man...gotta go. See you in July!"  

• Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, Jakes said:

I heard it in a couple of places--for example a couple of days ago fanside repeated that Jensen is not directing because he'll be busy with a family brewery company opening and because of this Richard Speight Jr. will now direct 2 episodes instead of 1.

Well that's... disappointing in so many ways.

I hope he addresses it at the next con.

ETA: @catrox14 Ha! If the episode is anywhere near as meh as the one they gave him in sS10, I wouldn't blame him a bit.

it's doubly disappointing though, as Rich has directed two of my least favourite episodes in recent years.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
1 minute ago, Idahoforspn said:

Woops. Just noticed the tweet date. Back in April. Darn!!

Yes, it is from the Seattle convention.

2 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I just don't understand why Jensen would put the Brewery over directing an episode especially if he committed himself contractually to doing the episode. When he was on the fence about directing in the past he always said things like "Well, it's not decided yet. If I can, I'd love to do it." He's been very non-committal like he was in s9 or s12. This was him outright stating I will be directing in s13. Short of personal crisis of health or family,which I don't think opening a brewery with partners would qualify.  He's pretty tight lipped until he's sure of something especially about his own contract status and directing. I'm still taking that with a big ole grain of salt. 

Jensen: "Oh shit. Ummmm. Guys, crap I just got word the brewery opening was delayed...I ..can't..do it now. I'm really sorry guys".

Dabb/Singer: "But...you have people in Austin to help you...and you'll be in Vancouver after it opens..."

I have read the tweet summaries for JIB I am not seeing anything there, so who knows.

3 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

it's doubly disappointing though, as Rich has directed two of my least favourite episodes in recent years.

I'm with you there. Although Rich has to direct what he is given too.

6 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

LOL!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Bessie said:

Nothing stopping them from making him a lead. With Shepard gone, they should have the extra cash. 

Has it been co firmed that Mark Sheppard left the show? I haven't seen any interviews with Mark or the EPs pertaining to that.

Just checked SpoilerTV and there's nothing up about Mark Sheppard exiting the show.

3 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

LOL!!

Well I for one loved Richard's Tarentino inspired episode--one of my favorites...and liked his second.  So I'm up for more of his direction.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Well I for one loved Richard's Tarentino inspired episode--one of my favorites...and liked his second.  So I'm up for more of his direction.

I loved both of hisepisode's this season. Looking forward to his next turn.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

The spoiler sounds really similar to what was said about Dick Speight directing in s12; that he was only supposed to do one episode but then another director dropped out so Speight got two instead, which was Stuck in the Middle and the Tasha Banes episode.  But maybe I'm misremembering that.

Anyway here is what Jensen said at SeaCon in April.  Paraphrasing that they have a few months to go with the plan being that it opens hopefully in the summer, which is from June to September.  But take a listen for yourselves.

Then he's asked about directing and he says "I think as it stands now, I'm slated to direct one next season. So we'll see how that goes". It really doesn't sound particularly vague to me but take a listen for yourselves. If it wasn't certain I think he would have said, "Well, we're trying to make it happen but nothing is scheduled'

I also don't think they would have slated a spot for him if he wasn't going to do it. Versus last summer when there was no discussion of him doing it from his mouth or anyone else and then folks were tweeting at Michaels whether he was or not and then Michaels said he wasn't.

I mean sure things change but I just find it a little unlikely he'd prioritize the Brewery over directing if he had the chance, but I don't know the man so who knows. I'm still salting this big time. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Pondlass1 said:

I thought the work they've done already for season 13 was voicing the script for ScoobyDoo. The animators have the summer, etc to draw it. 

That's the impression I got. However, there is the possibility there may have been something additional they didn't talk about. That can't be totally discounted. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I think it absolutely just means the Scooby ep. Why would it be anything else?

I don't think there is enough evidence that makes it 100% conclusive that it could ONLY be the Scooby episode that they filmed things about in s13.  JMHO. If it turns out I'm totally wrong, so be it. No skin off my nose. :)  

(edited)

Understandable, but disappointing from a fan standpoint since I like Jensen's style.  If the writers follow the same rotation, and Perez writes episode 4, and doesn't usually bother writing Dean into his eps, then it would be easy for him to prep during that and direct episode 5.

I wish Misha would direct again.  I thought he did a fantastic job with Mother's Little Helper

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, SueB said:

I know, not feasible, but those spires look like the blades of long dead BIG Angels (think Statue of Liberty in original Planet of the Apes).

Okay this is a really awesome thought. That really makes so much sense! The only other reason I can see for the Giant Angel Blade in the AU is that it's like a temple of some kind to remind demons who's boss?

• Love 2
6 hours ago, DittyDotDot said:

Alternate Cass is what died and will stay dead while our Cass is trapped in the alternate universe with Mary, Lucifer...and, yes, Crowley.

You know, if my spec is at all correct in that weapons created in our universe won't work in the AU, maybe Crowley is actually not dead. Like maybe he really did want to die in the AU, but much to his chagrin it didn't work. So he wakes up and he's like well shit. I'm stuck here with Lucifer, Mary and maybe even his own doppelganger.

That would be hilarious.

2 hours ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

I think it absolutely just means the Scooby ep. Why would it be anything else? They told us about filming something for s13 a fair while before they finished shooting so it cant have been just an extension of the final scenes of the season (e.g. so they didn't have to keep / rebuild a set or go back to a location). What else could it be than the Scooby ep dialogue?

I just saw something from JIB8 where Jensen says we might see some of his reaction to Cas's death in 13. Makes sense they would film more of his reaction and start with it (no time jump) in the premier.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, Idahoforspn said:

I just saw something from JIB8 where Jensen says we might see some of his reaction to Cas's death in 13. Makes sense they would film more of his reaction and start with it (no time jump) in the premier.

Maybe but this can't have been what they were talking about when they said 'we just did something for s13' because that was before they were shooting the finale. 

17 minutes ago, Geordiegirl1967 said:

Maybe but this can't have been what they were talking about when they said 'we just did something for s13' because that was before they were shooting the finale. 

They talked about the SD episode at JIB and the death scene also. The SD would have been done before the finale as they talked about a studio in Vancouver if I remember correctly. 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

The spoiler sounds really similar to what was said about Dick Speight directing in s12; that he was only supposed to do one episode but then another director dropped out so Speight got two instead, which was Stuck in the Middle and the Tasha Banes episode.  But maybe I'm misremembering that.

Anyway here is what Jensen said at SeaCon in April.  Paraphrasing that they have a few months to go with the plan being that it opens hopefully in the summer, which is from June to September.  But take a listen for yourselves.

Then he's asked about directing and he says "I think as it stands now, I'm slated to direct one next season. So we'll see how that goes". It really doesn't sound particularly vague to me but take a listen for yourselves. If it wasn't certain I think he would have said, "Well, we're trying to make it happen but nothing is scheduled'

I also don't think they would have slated a spot for him if he wasn't going to do it. Versus last summer when there was no discussion of him doing it from his mouth or anyone else and then folks were tweeting at Michaels whether he was or not and then Michaels said he wasn't.

I mean sure things change but I just find it a little unlikely he'd prioritize the Brewery over directing if he had the chance, but I don't know the man so who knows. I'm still salting this big time. 

He does say "I think" and "We'll see", so I'm guessing there were no formal agreements, if indeed this report that he's not (directing) is true.

He confirmed that he was not directing in S11 last year at VegasCon (which was in March)

3 hours ago, Idahoforspn said:

LOL!!

True enough! I just disliked Just My Imagination so much it could've been directed by Spielberg and I wouldn't have liked it. But his homage to Tarantino just didn't work for me at all. There was too much repetition with no new information (for my taste).

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, catrox14 said:

I just don't understand why Jensen would put the Brewery over directing an episode

Because the brewery is (potentially) a long-term investment that's much closer to home?  That could still be around once he stops show biz, so he needs to focus on its launch?

Just a thought.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

He does say "I think" and "We'll see", so I'm guessing there were no formal agreements, if indeed this report that he's not is true.

He confirmed that he was not directing in S11 last year at VegasCon (which was in March)

True enough! I just disliked Just My Imagination so much it could've been directed by Spielberg and I wouldn't have liked it. But his homage to Tarantino just didn't work for me at all. There was too much repetition with no new information (for my taste).

I agree on both those episodes so he struck out for me.

3 minutes ago, Demented Daisy said:

Because the brewery is (potentially) a long-term investment that's much closer to home?  That could still be around once he stops show biz, so he needs to focus on its launch?

Just a thought.

That's what I thought. It didn't sound like he had signed anything and I'm sure Rich jumped at the chance.

Jensen has been talking about the beer business going live in the summer for months now.  It's been the plan for quite a while.  So I'm not sure why he would say he was directing just a few weeks ago, and now won't be because of the business.  Obviously, he's entitled to change his mind, but I don't see why he couldn't do both.  I'm not sure whether he actually said something this weekend, or whether people are assuming there's a conflict and therefore he won't direct.  I guess we'll have to wait till he says something else.  

• Love 2
(edited)
9 hours ago, auntvi said:

Exactly.

This is what I'm hoping for too. I was sort of bored of Original Recipe Cas especially since the writers haven't had a good storyline for him since S5 or S6. (To me at least). 

Eta I can't figure out how to delete this but replied to the wrong tweet. This was about hoping for AU Cas. 

Edited by Binns
Arghhhh
8 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Jensen has been talking about the beer business going live in the summer for months now.  It's been the plan for quite a while.  So I'm not sure why he would say he was directing just a few weeks ago, and now won't be because of the business.  Obviously, he's entitled to change his mind, but I don't see why he couldn't do both.  I'm not sure whether he actually said something this weekend, or whether people are assuming there's a conflict and therefore he won't direct.  I guess we'll have to wait till he says something else.  

This.

Killing everyone off in the same episode was really stupid, IMO.   If some characters are truly leaving the show, whether at their own request, or by decision of TPTB, they deserved to have some sort of acknowledgment.  But because they killed off half the cast in one fell swoop, and their intention is that some of those people aren't really dead, it puts them in a position of not being able to say anything about anyone so they don't spoil the surprise.  I think it sucks.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

Killing everyone off in the same episode was really stupid, IMO.   If some characters are truly leaving the show, whether at their own request, or by decision of TPTB, they deserved to have some sort of acknowledgment.  But because they killed off half the cast in one fell swoop, and their intention is that some of those people aren't really dead, it puts them in a position of not being able to say anything about anyone so they don't spoil the surprise.  I think it sucks.

It really explains the Red Wedding tweet Yockey made to Meredith Glynn that I wish I could find again, but I saw it.