Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers With Speculation

SueB
Message added by ohjoy

Please keep your speculation and comments on the end of Supernatural in the Supernatural Ending topic. Use this topic here or the Bitter Speculation topic for discussion of the upcoming season only. As always, keep Bitch vs. Jerk discussion in its own topic.

Thank you.

• Start Topic

Not sure if directors are spoilers, but posting her just in case.  Just past five minutes, Richard confirms he's directing 3 episodes. 

I remember a couple of years ago, Jensen was thinking about directing but changed his mind since he didn't want to go go back early and that was the first year Richard directed two episodes.   I always wondered if he was given Jensen's spot.  I hope the reason he has three instead of just two isn't because Jensen pulled out.

55 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

Not sure if directors are spoilers, but posting her just in case.  Just past five minutes, Richard confirms he's directing 3 episodes. 

I remember a couple of years ago, Jensen was thinking about directing but changed his mind since he didn't want to go go back early and that was the first year Richard directed two episodes.   I always wondered if he was given Jensen's spot.  I hope the reason he has three instead of just two isn't because Jensen pulled out.

Ugh.

I can't stand Speight's directing. 

And I fear this means Gabriel will be resurrected, too.

Ugh. Again.

I hope he's not in all the episodes he's directing because that's 3 out of 20 that I'd have to kiss goodbye from this last season of the show.

Ugh. 

This news sucks out loud. 

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Myrelle said:

Ugh.

I can't stand Speight's directing. 

And I fear this means Gabriel will be resurrected, too.

Ugh. Again.

I hope he's not in all the episodes he's directing because that's 3 out of 20 that I'd have to kiss goodbye from this last season of the show.

Ugh. 

This news sucks out loud. 

I wonder whose style he will rip off pay homage to this time?

I'm still holding out hope that "Chuck" is really a pissed off Gabriel and this time they gank him for reals in the first episode.

• Love 4
13 minutes ago, starfishka said:

There are so many better directors out there than Speight ... it leaves me wondering - does he direct for free or what? 

They assign the directors spots at the beginning of the season. 

My guess is that quality directors don't want to touch those scripts with a 10 foot pole.  They may not have been able to fill all the spots.

• Love 3

21 minutes ago, ILoveReading said:

My guess is that quality directors don't want to touch those scripts with a 10 foot pole.  They may not have been able to fill all the spots.

Am pretty sure you're right and it makes me sad. Am more and more afraid that season 15 will suck even more than season 14.

• Love 2
On 6/19/2019 at 4:23 PM, ILoveReading said:

They assign the directors spots at the beginning of the season. 

They sign up directors BEFORE the writers even come back to the writing room in May.  About April.  

That's when ALL the shows get them.  I imagine Speight, as a new director, gets paid less than some of the others.  They like his work and he's available.  Makes sense to me.

Personally I loved "Stuck in the Middle" and the one with the Zanna.  Not so much the one where Gabriel came back.  

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, SueB said:

They sign up directors BEFORE the writers even come back to the writing room in May.  About April.  

That's when ALL the shows get them.  I imagine Speight, as a new director, gets paid less than some of the others.  They like his work and he's available.  Makes sense to me.

Personally I loved "Stuck in the Middle" and the one with the Zanna.  Not so much the one where Gabriel came back.  

Yes, I know, which is why I mentioned in my post that the spots were assigned at the beginning. 

Even if they haven't seen the scripts, as a director I would know the repuatation of the writers, which is why I said there may be some that don't want to touch them.  It just seem odd that they give Richard 3. 

Regardless, to me this is fan service to give him three and not a good start to the season since I haven't really liked anything he's directed. 

I wish they could get some good directors, like Guy Bee. 

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Love 3
42 minutes ago, SueB said:

Personally I loved "Stuck in the Middle" and the one with the Zanna.

Agreed.  I thought the Zanna one had some of the best comedy in that entire season.  Good casting, too.  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, SueB said:

Totally agree Sue B. “Stuck in the Middle” is my fave ep of season 12. I thought it was fantastic!

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, S Cook Productions said:

Totally agree Sue B. “Stuck in the Middle” is my fave ep of season 12. I thought it was fantastic!

I would have loved that episode a lot more if there had been real consequences for Mary's shocking deceptions that resulted in Wally's death and stealing the Colt (knowing what it meant to her sons) for the BMOL's.  It could have been the beginning of some real drama for our hero's.

• Love 3

Any early scoop on Supernatural‘s final season?–Adder
If, like us, you’re hoping that series creator Eric Kripke might somehow be involved in the show’s swan song, we’ve got mixed news. “I haven’t had any conversations yet,” Kripke told us while promoting his upcoming Amazon series, The Boys. “I will certainly talk to [showrunners] Bob Singer and Andrew Dabb when they’re closer [to the end].” One big obstacle standing in the way of Kripke’s homecoming: His overall deal with Sony Pictures Television, which presents a Romeo and Juliet-esque situation with the WBTV-produced Supernatural. “You’re at two warring houses, so I’m not sure if they’ll let me go over there,” he says. “But I would love to talk to them about the finale. … Just from hearing from the fans, I at least want to have a couple of conversations with those guys and make sure that we send Sam and Dean off into the sunset in a way that makes everybody happy.” Bonus scoop: Jensen Ackles told us that he will be directing the first episode being filmed this season, which will air as Episode 4.

https://tvline.com/2019/06/26/the-flash-season-6-spoilers-new-scientist/

Does Kripke know they already wrote the ending?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

They didn't say the ending was written, only that they knew how it would end. Semantics, sure, but a distinction none the less.

And if Kripke was given leave to at the very least help write the finale, the end could always be tweaked to accommodate Kripke's own ideas. And I'm sure the Js would be fine with that considering they themselves want Kripke to come back for the finale.

• Love 3

From TVLine:

Bonus scoop: Jensen Ackles told us that he will be directing the first episode being filmed this season, which will air as Episode 4.

It'll be a comedy or MOTW is my bet.  Which means the 'End of the World' threat is over by 15.3, They've given him a standalone epiosde that doesn't require continuity with the first three.  In the past they've given him the 3rd episode, but they must still be working the scripts for the first three and need the extra time to get stuff in place before settling back to 'stalemate with the Big Bad' mode.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Of course Jack was going to be back--that's why they showed him with Death and the Empty.   The whiteboard shows that's the family in Baby, Team Free Will 2.0.  I like Jack(so i'm personally glad) and he seems to be popular overall but not on here of course--lol!  

My early prediction for the end won't be popular on this specific site!  I'll say Castiel's vision from Jack comes true--Jack becomes new God(gets boosted up further thru some supernatural twist) creating the paradise Cas saw as Team Free Will 2.0 defeats Chuck with help of Death, Empty and other allies.  The new God will be one who was raised by Dean, Sam and Cas and so will be much nicer human friendly deity.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Of course Jack was going to be back--that's why they showed him with Death and the Empty.   The whiteboard shows that's the family in Baby, Team Free Will 2.0.  I like Jack(so i'm personally glad) and he seems to be popular overall but not on here of course--lol!  

My early prediction for the end won't be popular on this specific site!  I'll say Castiel's vision from Jack comes true--Jack becomes new God(gets boosted up further thru some supernatural twist) creating the paradise Cas saw as Team Free Will 2.0 defeats Chuck with help of Death, Empty and other allies.  The new God will be one who was raised by Dean, Sam and Cas and so will be much nicer human friendly deity.

Well, I knew Jack would be back (they never let their pets go if they can help it...)  It doesn't mean I don't hope he doesn't wind up the BDH of the whole damn show.  That's truly insulting (and condescending) to those who've put in 15 years of themselves--to be "put out to pasture" in the last two years just to appeal to the younger set.  If they want to set the stage for the next generation, let it happen organically.  But it's not necessary now that the show's ending.  So let's have the boys stay the heroes to the very end.  

However, your scenario goes against what Berens said in the (Amazon?) featurette (I can't find the original quote from @SueB, but it was quoted again later):

Berens: “This is the point that we always knew Jack was heading towards when the character was conceived. We knew he would end up there and it’s been a really interesting sort of journey figuring out when he was gonna get there. But it was actually all the more interesting to have built up ALL that equity in the character, and to realize, ‘No we’re still heading towards the story, this is still an important part of the story of Jack and the story of the Winchesters, and it became almost horribly unavoidable from a narrative perspective.”

IIRC, according to Berens, Jack was *always* supposed to be bad/evil, and all the cupcake-Jack was just the writers building him up to make the switch so much more powerful.  Or something.  

Of course, we know how much their intentions and plans mean when it comes to the actual writing, so anything goes now.  (But they can't make Jack God if they're still hoping to use him in some kind of spinoff.  Maybe.) 

• Useful 2
  • Love 4

I'll refrain from more speculation until after SDCC, but my opinion holds that it will all come down to whether the Js actually have any say in things, or if Dabb is/was given free rein to end it however he pleases.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, ahrtee said:

Well, I knew Jack would be back (they never let their pets go if they can help it...)  It doesn't mean I don't hope he doesn't wind up the BDH of the whole damn show.  That's truly insulting (and condescending) to those who've put in 15 years of themselves--to be "put out to pasture" in the last two years just to appeal to the younger set.  If they want to set the stage for the next generation, let it happen organically.  But it's not necessary now that the show's ending.  So let's have the boys stay the heroes to the very end.  

However, your scenario goes against what Berens said in the (Amazon?) featurette (I can't find the original quote from @SueB, but it was quoted again later):

Berens: “This is the point that we always knew Jack was heading towards when the character was conceived. We knew he would end up there and it’s been a really interesting sort of journey figuring out when he was gonna get there. But it was actually all the more interesting to have built up ALL that equity in the character, and to realize, ‘No we’re still heading towards the story, this is still an important part of the story of Jack and the story of the Winchesters, and it became almost horribly unavoidable from a narrative perspective.”

IIRC, according to Berens, Jack was *always* supposed to be bad/evil, and all the cupcake-Jack was just the writers building him up to make the switch so much more powerful.  Or something.  

Of course, we know how much their intentions and plans mean when it comes to the actual writing, so anything goes now.  (But they can't make Jack God if they're still hoping to use him in some kind of spinoff.  Maybe.) 

With 4 people on the bag for SDCC, we have confirmation of Alex as a regular.   With Jack ‘in the car’ on the whiteboard, I think it’s clear TFW 2.0 is back in business. How we get from ‘Moriah’ to TFW 2.0 is likely the basis of EP 15.1-15.3.

And with Jack, on his knee and ready to be killed, and Dean refusing to do so, we have the basis of recovery.   Does he come back from the Empty soulless or re-souled because ‘writer’s lie’ and Chuck lied about him not getting a soul?   How much power does he have?  Does he make a deal with Billie and the Empty to protect the universe and not let Chuck throw this one away?  Many options.   But that last coda, combined with his willingness to be killed, leaves a path back to TFW 2.0 IMO.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, SueB said:

With 4 people on the bag for SDCC, we have confirmation of Alex as a regular.   With Jack ‘in the car’ on the whiteboard, I think it’s clear TFW 2.0 is back in business. How we get from ‘Moriah’ to TFW 2.0 is likely the basis of EP 15.1-15.3.

And with Jack, on his knee and ready to be killed, and Dean refusing to do so, we have the basis of recovery.   Does he come back from the Empty soulless or re-souled because ‘writer’s lie’ and Chuck lied about him not getting a soul?   How much power does he have?  Does he make a deal with Billie and the Empty to protect the universe and not let Chuck throw this one away?  Many options.   But that last coda, combined with his willingness to be killed, leaves a path back to TFW 2.0 IMO.  

Taking to BvJ.

(edited)
1 hour ago, SueB said:

And with Jack, on his knee and ready to be killed, and Dean refusing to do so, we have the basis of recovery.  

Dean refused to do so because he found out he was being manipulated by Dabb Chuck. Unless they are truly going to write everything off to it being Chuck's fault*, then there is no universe in which Dean (or Sam) should not only forgive their mother's killer, but welcome him back into the fold.

*which would be the literal Fonzie-jumps-the-shark levels textbook definition of deus ex machina, and the worst storytelling in the history of ever.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 9
(edited)
2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

which would be the literal Fonzie-jumps-the-shark levels textbook definition of deus ex machina, and the worst storytelling in the history of ever.

In other words a script written by Dabb.

Is it obvious how much I despise Dabb?

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 7
(edited)
6 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Dean refused to do so because he found out he was being manipulated by Dabb Chuck. Unless they are truly going to write everything off to it being Chuck's fault*, then there is no universe in which Dean (or Sam) should not only forgive their mother's killer, but welcome him back into the fold.

*which would be the literal Fonzie-jumps-the-shark levels textbook definition of deus ex machina, and the worst storytelling in the history of ever.

So the final Season will once more revolve entirely around Jackie-poo. The first episodes will be all about what powers he has and what actions he will take - he will onviously save the useless side Winchesters in a drive-by scene early on. And the next episodes will be about his battle with God, while taking care of everything that came back. And the Finale will be about how he becomes God himself.

Sounds great. The Winchesters will play exactly what role? They drive him around, make him sandwiches and stroke his hair lovingly? Their white-washed little darling that can do no wrong because mean Chuck is at fault. 

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 6
57 minutes ago, NougatJack said:

Oh come on, as Sam already said, Chuck played us the whole time, it‘s obvious that he is behind it all, I think even behind Mary‘s death.

I can only hope that Sam is once again, wrong about what he thinks the Big Bad ior Big Good, is doing. Having Chuck as the big bad is just a terrible idea, much like Chuck being proclaimed as God was a terrible idea that should have never seen the light of day.

• Love 8
7 hours ago, PinkChicken said:

I don't want Lucifer back, like at all. But if we need a reason it was completely not Jacks fault (rather than it being him but an accident or just giving him a pass for being soulless) even I would prefer that Hallucifer was actually Lucifer linked to him through that failed resurrection somehow and make it his fault before we go and make everything Chuck's fault.

Agreed. I REALLY don’t like the Chuck/God as the big bad SL for SO many reasons. I hope it somehow turns out to not be the case. 

As for Jack, I’m kind of indifferent to him. I sometimes find him cute, but I think he’s always had the potential to be really dangerous as we’ve seen. I do, however, think Cas’ one track mind obsession to him is also dangerously weird. I wonder how all of that will play out. 

• Love 1

I read to TV Guide Comic Con article--yes it interview Alexander but doesn't mean it's all about Jack...it never has been.  He's only important to help the boys...his power is only important to help the boys.  The story is the boys, that has never changed.

That said--Alexander's interview might jibe with my theory that Jack fulfills Cas's vision of him and his paradise.   I originally thought Jack would do that in alternative world...now with Chuck, it could happen in this world.  

Singer's part of TV Guide was interesting--he says don't expect a full out sad ending(I say good)--but it also won't be all roses.  He also mentions Billie will a challenger to Chuck and also that Chuck won't be in a lot of episodes but will be throwing up obstacles and challenges.  He implied that Chuck may not totally end up an ending a total enemy--but maybe I misread that.

• Love 1

Saw an interesting theory on Twitter that 15x4 - the one they are filming starting today - will be meta, with fan call backs. A few weeks ago Jason Fischer posted pics of things people sent in - dolls and quilts - asking for who made them. And there was a person who does set decoration who said this episode will have a lot of fun fan things. It would make sense if Jason was getting permission to have those things in an episode. 

• Love 1

Spoiler from an interview with Singer... 

This is a transcription of the "Burning Questions" segment with executive producer Robert Singer.  All credit for this interview goes to the amazing Ileane Rudolph of TV guide, who has done a very faithful job of promoting "Supernatural" for TV guide for just about its entire run.  I'm in awe that here we are season fifteen and she is still so engaged with what is happening with the show.  I thank her once again for providing us fans some questions to chew on as we get these first spoilers of the season. 

Here is the interview as it appears in TV guide:

For the cliffhanger leading into Supernatural's 15th and - gasp- final season, the producers wanted the show's heroes, hunters Sam and Dean Winchester (Jared Padalecki and Jensen Ackles), along with angel ally Castiel (Misha Collins), left "in a horrific predicament," says executive producer Robert Singer.  Mission accomplished.  In the Season 14 finale, Dean fails to execute the gang's half-angel ward Jack (Alexander Calvert), who accidentally killed the brothers' mom, Mary (Samantha Smith), so the manipulative God, aka Chuck (Rob Benedict), quickly does the deed.  When an angry Sam shoots Chuck, the vengeful deity awakens the dead and unleashes hordes of ghosts and zombies that swarm the good guys, accompanied by the proclamation "Welcome to the end!"  Singer previews the apocalypse to come.  

As the world's overseer, Chuck has always found the Winchesters more entertaining than troublesome.  Will he relent and save the brothers and Cas from his wrath?  According to Singer, it looks like they'll have to save themselves.  "Chuck will not necessarily be onscreen a lot, but [he will] return to play an integral role next year, creating interesting twists and turns," he notes.  

Some of those creatures attacking the hunters are familiar from former episodes, including the pilot's ghostly Woman in White and Season 1's Bloody Mary.  Should we anticipate more returnees now that it's the beginning of the end?  Absolutely.  Expect a "best of" parade of characters from the horror series' long history.  "We want to pay off every character we can that viewers have either come to love or hate," the exec says.  "This season will be less about big set pieces and more about the problems and personalities of both the living people and the resurrected ghosts that Cas and the Winchester brothers run into."  

Will we get one final offbeat meta episode before the series wraps?  Good news Singer says.  "We want to do another episode in the vein of [Season 5's] "Changing Channels" and [Season 6's] "The French Mistake" -- one of our big crazy swings."  Hmmm...could that mean we're up for another alternate-universe adventure?  We'll have to wait and see.  

We last saw Jack wake up int he darkness of the Empty, a void that serves as an afterlife for celestial-adjacent beings, where former reaper Billie (Lisa Berry), reincarnated as Death, says she has a proposition for him.  Does Death need Jack's help to fight God?  Perhaps.  Chuck clearly doesn't like his newest Death.  "He may see her as a rival," Singer teases.  "What Billie offers Jack will unfold over the course of the year."

What about the version of a series finale Ackles and Padalecki have often discussed - that they want to go out fighting a la Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid?  Should we forget about a happy ending?  Not necessarily.  "Frankly, we don't want it to be a total downer," Singer says.  "That would disappoint us, and the fans as well."  But will the brothers leave the world they've worked so hard to save time and time again in a better place?  "I can't promise that the world is all butterflies and sweetness at the end," Singer says.  However, he does vow to give the viewers "an emotional season and a real ending," he says.  "We won't do an enigmatic ending as in The Sopranos or St. Elsewhere."  

• Love 1

Well boys and girls--day one of filming starts today.   The beginning of the end.  The quote of the day is pertinent--"You go through life wondering what it's all about but at the end of the day it's all about family."  By of all people--Rod Stewart.  Song of the day--Rock of Ages.

If they make it about family that's a good start.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Jakes said:

Well boys and girls--day one of filming starts today.   The beginning of the end.  The quote of the day is pertinent--"You go through life wondering what it's all about but at the end of the day it's all about family."  By of all people--Rod Stewart.  Song of the day--Rock of Ages.

If they make it about family that's a good start.

It's always been about family.  The problem is who they consider family.  They've extended their definition so far by now that everyone they've ever liked is now family:  and that includes the WS, Rowena, past loves, old friends and Jack.  That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the boys except as members of the crowd.  

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

In the Season 14 finale, Dean fails to execute the gang's half-angel ward Jack (Alexander Calvert), who accidentally killed the brothers' mom, Mary (Samantha Smith),

I really don't need to read more than that to see the slant things are taking.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

We last saw Jack wake up int he darkness of the Empty, a void that serves as an afterlife for celestial-adjacent beings, where former reaper Billie (Lisa Berry), reincarnated as Death, says she has a proposition for him.  Does Death need Jack's help to fight God?  Perhaps.  Chuck clearly doesn't like his newest Death.  "He may see her as a rival," Singer teases.  "What Billie offers Jack will unfold over the course of the year."

They really are going to make Jack the New Chuck, aren't they. Singer is about as subtle as a big bag of nickels to the head.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

It's always been about family.  The problem is who they consider family.  They've extended their definition so far by now that everyone they've ever liked is now family:  and that includes the WS, Rowena, past loves, old friends and Jack.  That doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the boys except as members of the crowd.  

The boys are the center of the extended family...some would be closer like Cas and yes Jack hence the 4 riders in Baby...the other real close ones are dead--John, Bobby, Mary...the rest are farther out.

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ha, even when he doesn`t kill Saintly McWonderful Baby Jackie, they use the term "failed". Guess it goes naturally with Dean. Meanwhile the little baby only "accidentally killed" mommy. Who wrote that crap? 

They really are going to make Jack the New Chuck, aren't they. Singer is about as subtle as a big bag of nickels to the head.

It`s the ultimate ego trip, they dispose of the old "God" to put their little golden calf on that pedestal. Because being bland, overly protected (as a character) and having Mary Sue powers makes him so fascinating?  

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

That was my guess...still is, though they seem to be pushing Billie too.

13 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

The only saving grace I can see to that is that if they ever, *ever* want to have a spinoff with Jack, he can't be God.  I don't think anyone (even the CW) would go with a bumbling teen-angsty god trying to learn the ropes, and making him almighty/all powerful wouldn't be a very interesting show.  

But the quote

16 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

"What Billie offers Jack will unfold over the course of the year."

scares me silly.  

• Love 5
(edited)

Posting this here because of possible spoiler.  The sign JJ is holding in the middle picture says Atomic Monster  and there is speculation that is the name of the episode.

*Slightly off topic, but I don't want to post this in the social media thread, because of potential spoiler, but I know a few words in Sign Language and Arrow is flashing I love you.

Back on topic

I really hope this episode isn't meta.  I feel like focusing on the show and paying tribute to its legacy and Sam and Dean's legacy is the best way to write a love letter to fans than just throwing a bunch of fan reference in.

That picture that Clif posted of Jensen makes me wonder what kind of script he got.

Edited by ILoveReading
  • Useful 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Expect a "best of" parade of characters from the horror series' long history.  "We want to pay off every character we can that viewers have either come to love or hate,"

UGH!! I see that as a bad, bad sign that old characters are just going to be plopped into episodes with no rhyme or reason.

• Love 6
On 7/18/2019 at 2:05 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Yeah how does that even made sense?  It doesn't  Dean didn't fail, he CHOSE not to kill Jack.  Jack also CHOSE to kill Mary, it wasn't an accident.  

Here is the perfect example of something many of us have been saying for years, it doesn't matter what Dean does, the writers and producers will twist it into somehow being wrong.  If Dean had killed or tried to kill Jack you better believe absolutely everyone else on the show would have somehow been framing Dean as having been in the wrong, as being a bad person for doing so, Sam and Cas would be tearing at their hair and screaming murderer at him, etc, etc. 

Yet he doesn't kill Jack and somehow they manage to call it a failure, when it was a choice made freely based on the information he had.

• Love 9
12 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm cool with a meta nod-to-the-fans episode. We haven't had one of those in quite a while. 

1 "love letter to the fans" was more than enough for me as I found it very insulting and with only 20 episodes left along with them parading a cast of goodbyes . . . another meta definitely doesn't sound appealing at all to me. Wasteful is more my opinion but I know several will agree with you.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm cool with a meta nod-to-the-fans episode. We haven't had one of those in quite a while. 

I'm wondering if that is why Jeremy Adams was brought on board this season.

• Useful 1