Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump

I disagree. I do think his voice is highly recognizable (as is his face). Mike rowe? Not for me. I dont watch his shows, don't know his face,and his voice sounded like any typical voiceover voice.

And that's the point.  When you're watching a commercial, you shouldn't be trying to place the voice.  The voice shouldn't take you out of the commercial.  The message is the main thing.  The coup of getting Mike Rowe isn't for the audience, it's for the company.  They are to be impressed. 

I don't get why Shawn didn't step up to be manager for the Neat project. She said she was good with social media & internet savvy. No one wanted to step up so Kate had to even though she said she was not good with technology. 

Preach.  Both Olympians went on about how since they are the younger generation, they know social media.  Well then...  step up.

I didn't care for either Olympian in this episode.  I could refer to them by name but since they prefer to refer to Brandi and Kenya as 'the housewives'...

For Neat, both teams dropped the ball on their commercials.  Neither team had a call to action (no website or phone # to order or learn more) and neither used supers to reinforce the message and branding.  Geraldo did point out the latter.    The desk was a miss for the women; the background of the shoot was more elegant and the desk was shabby chic.  When all the clutter was cleared away, the exposed top was rough wood and chipped paint.  Meh.   Also, since the women could hire talent, they should have hired a couple or 3 men and had a portion the commercial with the men in it.  Most of the target audience for this product are accountants, salesmen, lawyers and other professionals that happen to be men.  And Brandi's line about 'organize your digital life' -- um no.  It organizes your nondigital life by making it digital.  Huge difference.  The men missed with the cut-aways from Gilbert to the actors.  It would have been better to involve Gilbert in those scenes.  And they messed up with the whole cloud thing. 

• Love 2

An argument for Mike Rowe over Geraldo is that Rowe is known for "Dirty Jobs" etc. Dirty being sort of an opposite of Neat. So the company would go for Rowe over Geraldo since it ties in with their concept. MR would also be the demographic over Geraldo, the middle age to older working class computer-illiterate.

Add in that Geraldo is an alienating personality, versus MR being either unknown or positive.

• Love 1