Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E02: Nobody Out Thinks Donald Trump

This. Except I wasn't so sympathetic to Shawn either.  Maybe it's my age, but I am old enough to recall when men really did use this as evidence that we could not do jobs as well as they can. Into the 80's and 90's that was still a prevalent belief. I have no doubt it still is only less so now . 

She was any Olympian and managed to do DWTS, but she had to use that excuse? Sorry but if you don't want it broadcast, keep it quiet. 

You can always just say you are not feeling well.

Yes, but there are exceptions to every rule.  As a rule women and their monthly issue shouldn't affect them doing their jobs, or be used as evidence that they can't do their jobs.  

But we all know there are SPECIFIC women with atypical medical issues with their periods.  It's like sticking your fingers in your ears going "lalalala" acting like that's not a reality as well.  Those women shouldn't be used to represent the ability of ALL women to do their jobs, but on the other side of things should they be shamed for HAVING those extreme cases?

I have no knowledge if Shawn Johnson is one of those people.  But I'm suspicious of it being a possibility, simply because it's such a known issue that Gymnasts have very unusual situations with their periods.  I wish I knew more about this to elaborate... I just recall enough to be suspicious there might be more going on with her.

• Love 2

The firings have been disappointing so far. I feel Trump has prejudice against the younger contestants. I really thought Keisha and Kevin didn't do a bad job and really acquitted themselves as leaders for their age. It's really easy to be completely dismissed by your team if you are the youngest one trying to lead. I would have preferred Kate fired in 1st episode for not raising money, then Lorenzo as Trump's fall guy (yes, Kevin's fault for not playing strategically), then I guess I'm ok with Gilbert as 3rd firing as he was not a serious candidate to win anyway. However, I feel that the guys did better both in the Neat commercial and the Luvo presentation (except for Gilbert's few seconds). I don't get how Infinity won those tasks, but I guess the guests made the ultimate decision on that. I didn't see what they saw, apparently.

Question for those of you who were NOT familiar with Brandi prior to Celebrity Apprentice:

What are your thoughts about her?  I ask because I wonder if when you read some of the remarks that fans of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills make about her, do you think, "I don't see what they're talking about."?  Because if I try to look at her on CA without my jaundiced RHOBH eyes, she's not coming off as the horrible dimwit that I think she is. Gah.  I don't believe I just wrote that.  I'm so interested in your thoughts.

Yes, she seems like a competent person so far. I've never watched her on RHBH. I don't have anything all that negative to say about her yet. Apparently she and Kenya have some sort of rivalry? Haven't seen much about that yet. I did think it was a bit unfair for Kate to paint her as nervous and Brandi accepted that characterization in the boardroom, when it seemed to me like Kate was overly focused on lunch and not worried enough about the task, that is what caused Brandi to get anxious and try to get stuff done faster.

It just occurred to me watching this that the whole idea that Geraldo is a voice everyone would know is such bullshit. Geraldo put forth the notion and people (the girls especially) just accepted it.  But it's Gerlado's appearance--his stupid mustache, huge honker of a nose, and poofy hair, and THEN added to that a half-way identifiable voice, that's the package.  If it was JUST his voice in a VO?  I say he's not that "identifiable".  Mike Rowe, or for that matter Leeza Gibbons, have much more distinctive voices (of course Gilbert is the most identifiable of all, but he couldn't be both on-screen talent AND the main VO).

Geraldo's voice may be recognizable, but maybe for the wrong reasons.  He could be associated with a hoax (empty tomb) or Fox News (his employer). That could offend potential buyers, so using his voice is a risk.  

Geraldo seemed to think his voiceover voice is akin to Morgan Freeman's and no. Some people would hear him and have a negative reaction. I also don't think he is as recognizable as he thinks. Mike Rowe was a great choice- without a doubt he is a voice that people TRUST- and might as well use him if offered.

Edited by corgi shieldmaiden
  • Love 6

I personally think the Kenya vs. Brandi is all for show, as they know how to generate ratings. Have a catfight. I've seen them hugging affectionately on this show a couple of times, so anything they do or say about/against each other is them just doing what they know how to do best. IMO

• Love 4

Ian has aged well. I never thought he was cute on 90210, but now he looks pretty handsome.

Geraldo, go home and stfu.

Lorenzo has a nice voice. I like it. Geraldo was such a bitch to him when Lorenzo was being nice and trying to include him.

Vivica lost some points with me too on the period issue. Poor Shawn. My face would have been beet red. The Donald doesn't need to know about her period. And I agree, they are different for all woman and I personally think periods are a bitch and so is Kenya.

• Love 10

I personally think the Kenya vs. Brandi is all for show, as they know how to generate ratings. Have a catfight. I've seen them hugging affectionately on this show a couple of times, so anything they do or say about/against each other is them just doing what they know how to do best. IMO

I agree.  It is interesting in that Brandi's go to of ramping up the drama by over acting everything is coming off as anxious.  I thought she was just making things worse and it looked so out of place.  The choice of someone with no technical expertise nor camera expertise as project manager was weird.  Liza Gibbons is probably kicking herself since this would have been a perfect time for her to step up.  Now she'll end up with something more risky.  Let's face it all of these PMs need to rely heavily on the team.  So maybe Liza is thinking that with a smaller group she'll have better results?  I don't know.

I haven't watched RHOA since Kenya came on.  That's how disgusting I find her behavior.  But Trump loves that stuff.  He still loves all that is Omarosa.  I would ask 'who raised you' all day long.

Geraldo is the same.  It's all for drama.  He looks so lame running around the loft on the phone.  I don't even think he's funny.  That heavens for Fox News or that poor man would be unemployed.

• Love 4

After the bogus firing of Kevin over the more-deserving-of-firing Geraldo, I am done with this show!

Yeah, but I think I will try to stick it out til Kate gets fired and treats us all to her wounded disbelief that not everyone thinks she's God's gift.

• Love 2

Yeah, but I think I will try to stick it out til Kate gets fired and treats us all to her wounded disbelief that not everyone thinks she's God's gift.

Well if that's what she's working at she better ramp it up.  On the list of people that think they are God's gift Geraldo and Kenya are at the top.  Kate doesn't even look like she's on that list.

Viveca is on the list but not the top.  Same with Iain.  

• Love 2

Hi everyone! This is my first post here. :)

So far, I'm liking this new season of Celebrity Apprentice. I didn't think that Kevin Jonas would be eliminated so soon, but he made a bad decision bringing back Ian into the boardroom with him and let's face it, it seems like Geraldo is in it for the long run. Kate got very lucky that Leeza took on the task because Kate didn't seem like she had any idea what to do as project manager.

In terms of the second episode, I thought it felt very rushed and I would have preferred to see it as a full two hour episode. I felt embarrassed for Shawn in regards to what happened in the boardroom and I think that she had every right to be pissed. Yes, it's true that Shawn should have limited herself to telling Vivica that she didn't feel well instead of going into detail, but she probably thought that Vivica would be more understanding and in the case that it seemed like she had checked out of the task, then the ladies would know why. However, I don't think that Shawn ever checked out. She never told Vivica that she didn't want to be there and she did go shopping with Kate for props for 6 hours. When Donald asked Vivica if she could trade anyone on her team for Geraldo, who would it be, she could've just said that she liked her team the way that it was, but instead, she went ahead and threw Shawn under the bus to protect herself in the case that they lost. She didn't need to tell the whole boardroom that Shawn was on her period. That was really unnecessary to me.

I like Gilbert and I was sorry to see him go, but I think he was the right choice to be fired although I wish it had been Geraldo.

• Love 9

Kate got very lucky that Leeza took on the task because Kate didn't seem like she had any idea what to do as project manager.

Kate said a couple of times that she was not comfortable.  I bet she was hoping that she had a couple of more tasks to learn before she had to do it.  And on top of that she clearly stated she was not good with technology.  But kudzoo to Leeza to help the team succeed.  I have to say her spokeswoman in the commercial really showed you how good she is at what she does.  It made me think well of her as a person all around.  In fact that is what is happening for me.  People I thought I knew are different than I thought.  Some I think better of, some I think less of and there are a couple like Kenya where I go, yup that's exactly what I thought.

• Love 2

I am gobsmarked that Gilbert is not only a dad, but straight.  So, if I were a diner at that presentation, I would have choked on my frozen spaghetti!

I LOVED T.O.'s imitation of Gilbert!

I, too, am curious as to how Shawn dealt with  Aunt Flo during Olympics, etc.  Is there some drug to take to stop it, because that's a problem not only for Shawn, but all the girls.  This could be a good educational opportunity for young girls, Shawn, so don't be embarrassed.  I was just so glad Big Mouth Viv didn't say, "Ivanks wouldn't have let that stop her" like it looked to me she would.

Trumpie loves the cray-cray, so Busey 2.0/Jerry is here to stay.  Accept that, men, or you will be picked off one by one.

• Love 3

Voice-over Intro Guy is killing me this year!  Adding to Sunday night's proclamation during the opening titles that Ian Ziering is "a television icon,"  last night we hear that this season features "sixteen of the best in the business!"  OMG.  That kept me laughing for at least 10 minutes.  Good times, Intro Guy, good times. 

• Love 11

Geraldo's voice may be recognizable, but maybe for the wrong reasons.  He could be associated with a hoax (empty tomb) or Fox News (his employer). That could offend potential buyers, so using his voice is a risk.

Good point Sunnybebe.  His voice is very recognizable to many and I have yet to hear or read that anyone likes or respects him. 

He will never make it to F2.  Trump will not allow that ego to wreak havoc with the others for very long.  Mt Rushmore, oh good god. 

I can hear Trump now.  Geraldo, every week I hear complaints about you interrupting, not listening, not being a team player (whatever).  Your fired.  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 4

He will never make it to F2.  Trump will not allow that ego to wreak havoc with the others for very long. 

More like Trump's giant, big fat ego won't allow that asshole's giant, big fat giant ego to win his show.  Watching the 2 of them spar with each other with the obnoxious banter is like watching a pissing contest.  Example: Geraldo is always calling Trump "Boss."  Ugh.

Edited by Cementhead
  • Love 6

More like Trump's giant, big fat ego won't allow that asshole's big, fat giant ego to win his show.

Oh yes.  I totally agree and left that, the most important thought, out of my post!  Someone came to the door and I hit reply.  

• Love 3

Oh yes.  I totally agree and left that, the most important thought, out of my post!  Someone came to the door and I hit reply.  

And I meant to say in my post that I agreed with yours before I went & added in my own 2 cents.  :)

• Love 2

Jerry Rivers' greatest (and only) marketing triumph in forty years was the invention of Giraldo Rivera. You'd think that would be enough to discourage his team from listening to him.

Although, honestly, I don't get why anyone who needed a trustworthy, convincing voice and had access to Mike Rowe would have considered anyone else even if it wasn't ol' Jer. I guess he's not a big noise in reality asshole circles.

• Love 3

While I do think it was tacky for Vivica to specifically call out Shawn's issue in the board room, I'd have more of a problem with it if Shawn didn't know she was on camera when she told her in the car. I mean, you are always on camera on a show like this, and Shawn had to have known that every viewer would see/hear that when she first said it. Of course, I'm of the school that a simple "I'm not feeling well" is enough... and then you take some ibuprofen and power through it. And if her issues are worse than the average woman, then I'm also of the mind that she probably shouldn't have signed up for this show to begin with.

I don't even know where to begin with Geraldo. He made me sympathize with a Jonas. A JONAS!!!

• Love 10

I guess it’s Geraldo in the final two – if he wasn’t fired last night he’s got a Joan Rivers lock on the end game, no matter what he does/says or how he performs.  It will give him a license to behave as horribly as she did, because there were no consequences, because she knew it was bought and paid for. 

And most of the cast realizes it, hence their cringing while watching the boardroom on tv and saying over and over again with complete sincerity “he’s NOT going to fire Geraldo!”

I wonder what Mike Rowe did to piss off Donald Trump, because the fact that they landed him should have been mentioned and wasn’t,  for some undisclosed reason.  Usually Trump twists himself into a pretzel dropping names.  Maybe Rowe only agreed to do it if his name was not in Trump’s mouth? :)

After last night, Leeza may become one of the flies in my CA ointment. I don't think she could have patted herself on the back any harder. Save the self-praise for the boardroom when you'll need it. I thought it was obnoxious, whether or not it was accurate.

I remember listening to Penn Gillette’s podcast and he shared a lot of behind the scenes stuff.  A lot of those talking heads are done under a form of duress.  Everybody’s been up for 18 hours, they just want to go back to the hotel.  It’s hot, it’s cold, they’ve all been stuffed into a van too small for one of them or split into two, and one van is allowed to leave while another is held back while one person is taken out and interviewed.  Who's in what van is determined by production according to who isn't getting along.  And everybody else is waiting for the person being interviewed so they can get home and call their families and go to bed. 

At any rate, there’s a LOT of incentive for people to give the producers what they want in terms of a talking head.

I, too, am curious as to how Shawn dealt with  Aunt Flo during Olympics, etc.  Is there some drug to take to stop it, because that's a problem not only for Shawn, but all the girls.

While they’re training and competing (at elite levels) I don’t think they’re usually menstruating. Too little body fat.

• Love 2
Ian has aged well. I never thought he was cute on 90210, but now he looks pretty handsome.

Thank you for this. Back when I was a kid watching 90210, I would have said that Steve was least attractive of the guys, but damn if I don't keep giving Ian some side eye and saying, "Hmmmmm", haha!

• Love 8

My first post here :)

Regarding to Shawn and the comments how she could do the DWTS or why she entered into CA - I sometimes have very painful periods. Very. Last time I almost fainted in the store, barely came home without having a car accident, drank a pill and then went to bed hoping it will work. I have a baby, and I couldn't even take care of him.

BUT, that does not happen to me every month. Sometimes I have no pain, sometimes it hurts, but not too bad. Sometimes I can't function that first/second day.

Maybe that's what happens to Shawn too, every cycle can be different

I am not from US, so I don't know most of the celebrities, but for now I like Shawn, Liza, Ian...have to think a bit for others. GR annoys me a lot. I liked Vivica until the comment and the attack on Shawn

I also apologize for my typing errors, English is not my native language :)

Edited by Snow Fairy
  • Love 23

Welcome Steph619 and Snow Fairy!  

Oh, and Snow Fairy, you have an excellent command of the English language, and spell better than many native speakers.   :-)

Geraldo calling Trump "Boss"  probably buys him an extra life - Trump surrounds himself with toadies.

Edited by walnutqueen
  • Love 8

Ian Ziering suddenly got so hot. I never liked him as Steve on 90210 but I have to rethink that.

He showed integrity and backbone by speaking the truth and never wavering to take Trump's bait like Kevin Jonas did. His strength of character shamed Kevin into admitting that Ian should stay over him after all. I don't fault Kevin for faltering though; Trump is an unscrupulous bully.

I really hope Geraldo isn't this season's Joan Rivers, but the blind favoritism from Trump is already happening.

And I agree about Shawn being a loafing liar who's setting a bad example for women at work. Pop a pill (ibuprofen/Midol) and get back to work!

Edited by anonymiss
  • Love 1

I only watched these first couple of episodes because of Gilbert Gottfried. And since he got fired for once again having no filter (he gave zero shits about talking about sex during a presentation on popsicles, what's not to love?), I am done with this one.

These are the things I took away from these episodes:

1) Gilbert Gottfried is awesome

2) The women's team is Bitch Central (ugh, Kate Gosselin & Real Housewives are still a thing)

3) It's fun to shit on Geraldo (it's probably why he's being kept around)

ETA: 4) With Ian Ziering on one team and Vivica A. Fox on the other, I realized that this season is Sharknado vs Sharknado 2.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 3

U.S. Gymnastics are legendary and notorious for the "gamesmanship" amongst the competitors and the coaches.  Really ugly stuff.  There is a 99% chance, IMO, that Shawn gave at least as good as she got.  This is especially so as she fought weight issues the entire time.  The odds she was just some innocent are stratospherically great.  There is no way she would have survived that horrific culture without fighting back.  And how do many, many women famously fight?  Passive aggression.  This is also a time-honored Apprentice methodology by both sexes.

What did she do with the shopping journey?  She conveniently took her sweet time and, to our knowledge, never checked-in and never sought a deadline.  More likely, she was well aware that she needed to be back no later than 6 so they could stage the stuff.  I have found her to be a savvy young lady who is extremely well aware of her surroundings and her image.  She's done very well for herself.  I can't see her as some rube who is out of her depth in a sea of sharks whilst she, a meek seal, spends her time simply avoiding getting eaten.

I forgot to mention what was among the most terrifying board room moments in series histoire - remember when DT pointedly asked if the ladies would trade for Geraldo?  I would imagine that all of them flashed back to their most turrible and horrible memories of some gross boy/man who was trying to gain their affection.  I can not stand Trump, but every once in awhile, with inspired genius jabs like this he makes the show worth the watch.  Hmm...not unlike Gilbert, eh?

Edited by Lonesome Rhodes
  • Love 4

While they’re training and competing (at elite levels) I don’t think they’re usually menstruating. Too little body fat.

Okay, but this is where I was hoping a doctor frequenting the board, or a sports medicine person or trainer might know more.  Because I think it's more than just the bodyfat thing, it's also a developmental thing because they start that training before puberty.  So what happens when they eventually step back from the elite level training and proceed with the rest of their lives?  What follows can't be completely natural--I mean these are girls who may not have had a period ever, getting them for the first time in their mid to late 20s.  

• Love 1

The firings have been disappointing so far. I feel Trump has prejudice against the younger contestants. I really thought Keisha and Kevin didn't do a bad job and really acquitted themselves as leaders for their age. It's really easy to be completely dismissed by your team if you are the youngest one trying to lead. I would have preferred Kate fired in 1st episode for not raising money, then Lorenzo as Trump's fall guy (yes, Kevin's fault for not playing strategically), then I guess I'm ok with Gilbert as 3rd firing as he was not a serious candidate to win anyway. However, I feel that the guys did better both in the Neat commercial and the Luvo presentation (except for Gilbert's few seconds). I don't get how Infinity won those tasks, but I guess the guests made the ultimate decision on that. I didn't see what they saw, apparently.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Shawn is PM because she is 22 years old. Is Shawn the youngest CA contestant ever?

Okay, but this is where I was hoping a doctor frequenting the board, or a sports medicine person or trainer might know more.  Because I think it's more than just the bodyfat thing, it's also a developmental thing because they start that training before puberty.  So what happens when they eventually step back from the elite level training and proceed with the rest of their lives?  What follows can't be completely natural--I mean these are girls who may not have had a period ever, getting them for the first time in their mid to late 20s.

That's a good point. Didn't Shawn do DWTS right after the Olympics? So maybe she hadn't gotten her period yet.

Edited by choclatechip45

Question for those of you who were NOT familiar with Brandi prior to Celebrity Apprentice:  What are your thoughts about her?

Well, I did notice that when Geraldo came back into the suite after the latest firing, she greeted him with a quick kiss on the lips.  That's not the standard Beverly Hills two-cheek kind, so I found that odd.  Maybe he's her new Ken (reference to the Real Housewives show,) older wealthy dude she can cling onto. ;) 

I think it'll be a while before The Donald fires Geraldo.  He makes for good TV with all of the drama and such.

• Love 2
What's so classless about it?  Aside from an abnormality, doesn't every woman have a period?  

Every woman has a cooch and boobs, too, but bring it up in the workplace in front of a bunch of male co-workers, and you have sexual harassment.

I worked with a woman who was written up by human resources and a report put into her personal file because she told a female co-worker wearing a v-neck summer shirt that she hated her cleavage (in the middle of the break room during lunch with male and female co-workers present). It was just rude, obnoxious and embarrassing. And because of her, our entire department had to have a fucking day long seminar on sexual harassment. Attendance mandatory.

A menstrual cycle is personal. It's part of a woman's sexuality and Shawn could actually file a grievance if this was an actual place of employment instead of a pretend one.  Even the men's team had the decency to look embarrassed for Shawn. 

So, you would be cool with your co-worker announcing that your had your period in the middle of a staff meeting? (Let alone on national television)  Or, "Sorry, but Sue's going to be late for our meeting, she had curry for lunch and has to take a raging dump."   They're both bodily functions that happen to all women, right? 

I, too, am curious as to how Shawn dealt with  Aunt Flo during Olympics, etc.  Is there some drug to take to stop it, because that's a problem not only for Shawn, but all the girls.

Plus, there's The Pill. Not only does it regulate your cycle, but for most, it cuts down on the "symptoms." I loved those little peachy colored candies. Not only for the pregnancy prevention, but for the fact that they kept my skin clear and kept "that time of the month" limited to a day of inconvenience, instead of five days of Hell. I was a swimmer in school. Nothing worse than running around on a pool deck in a Speedo, worrying about Auntie Flo. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 7

Everyone,

We now have contestant-specific threads for everyone this season.  If you are going to discuss someone's antics outside the context of the episode, please take those discussions there.

Thanks!

I can understand the execs not wanting to use a line like Live Long because some moron would sue them over it as a 'claim'. 

I work for a global consumer products company and can tell you that suits over claims are not brought by consumers, but by competitors. So claims are a huge issue that can cost a company millions.

Edited by panthergirl13
  • Love 4

I wonder what Mike Rowe did to piss off Donald Trump, because the fact that they landed him should have been mentioned and wasn’t,  for some undisclosed reason.  Usually Trump twists himself into a pretzel dropping names.  Maybe Rowe only agreed to do it if his name was not in Trump’s mouth? :)

I was thinking the same thing. SO unlike Trump not to mention him. And seriously, I know the Trump hair thing is a thing, but what is that COLOR this year? Palomino?

I don't know how a seemingly normal person like Leeza Gibbons can stand to be around these people for five minutes. Then again, she has made a career out of pretending to like people who are assholes, so maybe she is in the best position to power through to the end. 

• Love 6

Welcome Steph619 and Snow Fairy!

Oh, and Snow Fairy, you have an excellent command of the English language, and spell better than many native speakers. :-)

Geraldo calling Trump "Boss" probably buys him an extra life - Trump surrounds himself with toadies.

Thank you for the welcome walnutqueen! :)

Donald Trump seems to really like Geraldo. I wonder though if he would have fired him if he had found out that Geraldo was being purposely disruptive when the Neat execs were there.

Edited by Steph619
  • Love 2

Geraldo, go home and stfu.

Lorenzo has a nice voice. I like it. Geraldo was such a bitch to him when Lorenzo was being nice and trying to include him.

Vivica lost some points with me too on the period issue. Poor Shawn. My face would have been beet red. The Donald doesn't need to know about her period. And I agree, they are different for all woman and I personally think periods are a bitch and so is Kenya.

Yes to all you said!  I can't believe no one talked about Geraldo and his attitude when the Neat people came in.  That was a baby throwing a tantrum and highly unprofessional even for said baby.  You know they are just keeping him for ratings.  I wonder if he knows he is a goat?  I can't look away from all the makeup he wears either.  I love how he brings up his embedded with military.  He was pulled for giving away their locations.  Let's not forget the vault, the chair, the selfie........  He is an ass and has no idea.

Vivaca - that was a bitch thing to do.  If it was me I might have reminded her that she can't remember her periods for she is so old and on the other side of menopause.

• Love 3

I'm betting Shawn was on the pill or some type of BC that either minimized or ceased her periods. My cousin was on the diving team and she didn't want to have her period during training or competitions. I think she never had one thru her jr/sr years. Friends have used their BC pills to plan their periods to avoid the fuss and muss during vacations etc. don't know if doing that caused worse periods later or if Shawn just has the bad luck to get bad cramps/heavy flow.

• Love 1

Geraldo is an asshole, no two ways about it, but Jonas-boy was entirely tooo stupid bringing in Ian and Geraldo to the board room - WTF??  You bring in someone who you praised and had high regard for?  This was a very poor strategy and Trump saw right through it.  It seemed to me from the first 2 episodes that Kevin Jonas was obsessed with Geraldo.  He let that affect the way he ran his project and ultimately who he brought into the boardroom with him.

and....

Kevin from the first second he started as manager thought (wrongly) he could outsmart Geraldo.  His whole focus was on Geraldo, not the task.   His act of separating team members into two cars sealed his fate to be fired.   Geraldo knew exactly what was going on so he set out to unnerve and fuck up Kevin and he was very successful.  Kevin played right into it and got fired, rightfully so.    He played dumb and really dirty by bringing Ian back in the boardroom.

THIS!  From the giddyup, Jonass has had a stick up his twat where Geraldo was concerned.  If anything, he should have told Trump about his behavior while the guys were trying to have a meeting yet he remained mute, so that’s on him.  I know Geraldo can be infuriating but IDK, I’m rooting for him.  Ian had better watch his ass or he’ll be next….btw, does Ian wear a rug?  His hair at the front looks so unnatural.  And please shave, the 5 o'clock shadow ain't you.

Mr. Maddingcrowd said Terrell is known for being very outspoken, so I am surprised he appears so meek here.

When this is likely your only resource to $$, I’d be meek as a muhfucka too!  I haven’t forgotten his assholery during his football career so he can suck me.

Very well said post, Eolivet….Shawn should have begged out of the project if Aunt Flo was that bad.  I’m with Viv, I would have been annoyed too.  Jamie was being a pain too, while I don’t like Kenya the bitch apologized….let it go, she’ll hang herself soon enough.

If Vivica was upset with how late they returned from shopping, I'd put that on Kate. She is a perfectionist and seemed to be taking forever with every single decision.

Shawn just as undecided as Kate was.

• Love 3

Snow Fairy- I am American and I don't know who half these "celebrities" are either.

With Gilbert gone I don't know if there is enough to keep me coming back. He was a breath of fresh air. Hilarious.

There are rumors that some celebs have deals which say that they can't be thrown out before a certain point in the competition. Don't know if that's actually true, but it's one explanation of why we are still being subjected to the horror of Geraldo.

• Love 1

A couple of thoughts: Did anyone else think Shawn looked pale? If so, it may not have been just bitching about a few cramps. Some may have excessive bleeding to the point of anemia. There are a million of other reasons, none of our business, nor Trumps, and that bitch should not have brought it up.

I loved Geraldo when he was a crusading lawyer who exposed the cesspool of Willowbrook State Hospital 40+ years ago. But that was then. He's this years less lovable Gary Bussey. (Spelling?) Now he's a conceited has been. He sabotaged others with his conceit. I can't wait for him to be fired, which means he'll last to the end. He's trumps mini me. The others have learned that those who have targeted him get fired, so they won't even try. He'll get a pass.

• Love 5

I disagree. I do think his voice is highly recognizable (as is his face). Mike rowe? Not for me. I dont watch his shows, don't know his face,and his voice sounded like any typical voiceover voice.

Same..I actually had no idea who he was until this show.

Jamie says Kenya brought a lot of drama, Kenya interrupts her to explain , the gets huffy when her interruption is interrupted! Says Jamie is rude! This is after she chuckled and poked fun about Shawn having her period, and tried to use it as a feminist issue - we're just as good as men! Menstrual issues do t get us down! BITCH. I'm so glad the women won, I did not want to re-visit "Shawn had her period" in the boardroom. Shawn was PISSED, And rightly so.

If I recall correctly, Vivica didn't announce the extent of Shawn's problem right away. She started off with saying she'd trade Shawn, and when Shawn acted so shocked, like butter wouldn't melt in her mouth, Vivica tried to tapdance around what Shawn said. When Shawn continued (along with Kate) to act like Vivica was basically crazy for her accusations, Vivica then announced Shawn's problem in detail.

If you're not feeling well, don't announce it to your PM, especially when everything done on the task is up for review in the boardroom. But Shawn's pearl-clutching act made me roll my eyes. Vivica couldn't have brought it up if Shawn hadn't announced it herself.

As another reality show would say: You reap what you sow.

All that angst could have been avoided, Shawn, if you hadn't made such a big friggin' deal about it, since nobody was even studyin' your ass until you basically said "hey. HEY! See how I'm sitting here, and I look terrible? Well, if I don't answer you, poke me, okay? Because I'm SICK. No, I don't want to say why. Well okay, it's moon cycles and I usually stay in bed for a week. But I'm here, just POKE ME, mmkay?"

Cut to:

"Ohmahgad!! How disgusting of Vivica to bring up my PERIOD in the ballroom! I did NOT tell the ladies (and millions in America) about that just so she could repeat it in front of 15 additional people! Who raised her, anyway?? "  She's one slick trick. 

Shawn seems way too normal for this mess. And I respected her for standing up to Vivica after the BR. She was right - it was totally unnecessary and classless to bring up exactly why Shawn was unwell. If she had raging diarrhea, would Vivica bring that up to everyone too?

Welcome to the Apprentice. Anything you say (or do) can or will be used against you in the Court of Trump.

• Love 8

Husband and I were wondering last night if Geraldo truly is the ass he portrays himself to be - now we know he really is.

In both cases, the right person was eliminated, although the case could clearly be made for Geraldo.  But the women are right. Geraldo's not going anywhere just yet. I was suprised that Jonas did not bring up Geraldo's behavior in front of the clients (the loud phone call) because Trump usually hates that client disrespect. He also should have brought Lorenzo back.  I really thought Trump was going to fire Ian just to make a point, though.

I'm waiting for Ian to be PM; I have a feeling he's going to deal with Gerry Rivers in a way I'll enjoy.

I am interested to hear this, too.  I don't dislike Brandi, though.  For me, I love what she brings to RHOBH; she entertains me.  

I would love to see her go off on Geraldo, She would not back down.  And she certainly is not impressed with Iraq or Somalia either.  I wish someone would mention his piece on Al Capone's vault!  Ohhhhhhhhhhhh I would really love that.   

She worked well with Leeza and backed off her "lazy" comment and made amends to Kate.  We have seen some clips of her getting snappy so more is yet to come.  Kenya and Vivica could use some Brandi discipline.  Those 2 are nasty women with huge egos.  I haven't seen either of them in anything so know little about them.  

So then, based on one comment about something Shawn brought up first, Vivica is "a nasty woman with a huge ego?" I haven't seen her be anything like that in these first three tasks. And if Kenya is both those things also based on 2 tasks (essentially not around for the third), where she was blunt but not nasty ... well. Heaven help us if they pick up any tricks from Brandi and her mouth if she's the barometer of discipline! Luckily Keisha was eliminated before she raised her voice.

I don't know who Jaime is, but I really thought her reaction to Kenya's comment was way OTT. And I thought bringing Oprah into the conversation was just weird. One thing had nothing to do with the other.

Yeah man, what the hell was that?

Between Jamie's fretting about being told "give me that, you're not dressed, I'll take it" and being unable to let it go after getting an apology ON THE SPOT because it wasn't deemed "sincere" enough, and Shawn's pearl clutching about something being announced after she blew up her own spot, I was waiting for someone to break out the smelling salts. There sure was a lot of swooning on the veranda last night.

• Love 7

Thanks for the welcome :) I think I'm possibly the only person in my country watching this :D

I didn't like GG's humor, and I am glad he is gone. He didn't strike me as funny, I was more embarrased by some of his jokes. Don't know much about him, so maybe outside CA he is funny

I also find it weird that they didn't show more of the women's performance. Only the Jaime's trainer bit,and then the kitchen drama. I would like to see more of their performance.

The men did a great job, except Gilbert,and the questionable slogan. I liked their idea

Edited by Snow Fairy

After seeing the episodes finally, I thought although Vivaca didn't need to make such a big deal out of it, Shawn should have known better not to mention her period in the first place.  Just lay low, do what you can accomplish, and stay off the radar.  Noone would have noticed her otherwise.  I have to admit after DWTS I am not Shawn's biggest fan--I found her and Derek annoying together, so perhaps that is part of why I am not jumping to her defense.  Part of me wishes she would just go to college and do normal young people things (get off of tv).

I found Jamie annoying as well....she made such a big deal about such a small moment.  I didn't think anything said was all that bad...they were in a hurried moment, and I think we all say things briskly at times when we are trying to hurry things along.  I actually liked Kenya in that moment more than Jamie.

Though I find Geraldo annoying, what I find more annoying is Trump's love affair with him.  He is very blinded by him, and it carries over into the boardroom over and over.  I also hate how Trump gets an idea in his head and thinks everyone should think and feel what Trump thinks they should think and feel.  Case in point--Ian...he was brought into the boardroom and Trump insisted he get all off the handle over it, and what was the point in that?  It wasn't his fault, so I thought he handled it well not to go where Trump wanted him to go.

Kate was awful, and it is too bad that was never brought out due to their win.  Leza really is good at this kind of stuff and pulling people together.  

• Love 4

I haven't watched the episode yet, and if I do I doubt I'll see what really happened because of editing.  So all I can say is that it's possible that Shawn thought that her period confession in the car wouldn't be shown.  She might have already shot a talking head where she mentioned that she wasn't feeling well and hoped that it wouldn't affect her performance on the task.

As for how she was able to compete professionally in gymnastics for years and then shoot two seasons of DWTS, she might not have had period problems back then.  As others have noted, professional gymnasts and other female athletes whose sports require a very low body fat index often have no or few periods.

But Shawn is now 22, soon to turn 23, and she might be developing endometriosis.  That will knock a woman for a loop if it's severe.  She should see her doctor, because there are a couple of ways to help that out.  It's not uncommon for a woman with endometriosis to deal with it until she's had children and then have a hysterectomy.

• Love 3

Now that I've seen the actual end of the eposide, it's clear to me why it was Gilbert rather than TO (he's not firing anyone who brings in the drama til much later in the game, Geraldo really wasn't much of an option).   He fired Gilbert because he wasn't willing to say he really, really, really, really, really wanted to be there when asked.  And to Trump, that's the ultimate sin. 

• Love 3

Geiraldo is nominally a political reporter, and willing to treat Donald Trump as if he's not a joke. Trump has a soft spot for that. I very much doubt he's going home.

Trump knows Geraldo is neither respected nor liked.  You would have to be under a rock to miss that.  He knows he is blowing smoke up his ass, too.  Trump is NOT going to reward that.  There is some dead weight to axe first but Geraldo is in his rifle sight.