Type keyword(s) to search

Reoccurring non-main cast characters & actors in Seinfeld

Kromm

I've been doing a re-watch of Breaking Bad, so naturally my thoughts turn to Bryan Cranston's recurring role as Tim Watley, the dentist who converted to Judaism for the jokes.

I was recently reminded of how deliciously horrible Susan's parents were. (I think they were the only couple in the world more poisonous than Frank and Estelle Costanza.) Years later Grace Zabriskie, who played Mrs. Lewis, played Bill's mom on Big Love, and I think she's truly gifted at playing wackadoodle characters.

• Love 3

Sad news. I am weirdly proud that even though Kruger was apparently in only four episodes, I immediately pictured his face and knew his company was called Kruger Industrial Smoothing.

Yes, very sad news about Daniel von Bargen. I knew he'd shot himself a few years ago but couldn't find out how he was doing. I checked once in awhile about how he was but still nothing. I liked him in all his roles but loved him as Kruger. He did a great job. RIP Mr. Kraoooger.

I loved the way he looked at George (after Mr. Costanza told his son it was time for the Festivus challenge) and said, "Well, Georrrrrrggge..."  He was one of my favorite actors on Seinfeld (more so than Newman and Kramer).

Who was the actor (actress?) who played the nutty character who lost Jerry's tax papers (the one with the knitting needles in her hair)?  I've never seen her in anything else and she was a true scene stealer (hard to do around George!)

She played an awful person in an episode of L&O: SVU, and I remember her from The West Wing, ER and Judging Amy, too.  But thanks to this show she'll always be Patrice to me; I love that episode, and like to imitate Jerry's "This is no good.  This is no good."

• Love 1

She was also "Crazy Sandy Cooper" on Wings, one of my favorite shows ever. She was a recurring character who was secretly in love with Joe, Tim Daly's character. When the 2 of them were alone, she was completely insane, doing all sorts of nutty things like kidnapping Joe, recreating their senior prom, etc. But when they were around other people, she was a totally normal, very competent attorney. So no one ever believed Joe when he said she was nuts and obsessed with him.

• Love 3

Hey, thanks everyone, for all the info' on this wonderful actress.  Haven't been to this thread in a while and just checked in.  That scene in the coffee shop when George couldn't take it any longer and told her all the things she did that irritated him is one of my all time Seinfeld favorites.

I just saw this thread. The first time I saw Valerie Mahaffey was on some short-lived show where she played the prissy wife of David Hyde Pierce. That's why I always imagine her as Maris on Fraiser. So I was already conditioned to love her when she showed up on Seinfeld.

for anyone interested, here is a collection of each girlfriend and boyfriend featured throughout the entire Seinfeld series.

Each entry has photo, overview, IMDB link, and a fan rating 1-10 stars. Giddy-Up!

• Useful 1
  • Love 2