Type keyword(s) to search

Dr Leslie Thompkins: Not An Inmate

darkestboy
  • Start Topic

I always liked Leslie in the comics and I like what I'm seeing in the series so far.

She probably won't be working at Arkham now, but maybe she'll start a clinic in the Crime Alley? ;)

There's an old joke that goes like this:

Question: How can you tell a psychiatrist from the patients in an insane asylum?

Answer: The psychiatrist is the one with the keys.

Since she didn't have the keys in this epi...............

• Love 1

There's an old joke that goes like this:

Question: How can you tell a psychiatrist from the patients in an insane asylum?

Answer: The psychiatrist is the one with the keys.

Since she didn't have the keys in this epi...............

But on the other hand, didn't the nurse patient have keys?

• Love 1

Milz, you have me questioning Thompkins' status! I almost could not enjoy the big smooch, which really, Jim needed. Leslie/Lee could just be what she presents as, but "Nurse" Dorothy seemed to check out too. Dr. Thompkins didn't read anything off about Dorothy either, and Thompkins is in charge of the women's wing, where she probably sees the gamut from catatonic to cheerful to ugly stereotype.

Still, a seemingly competent female character with an attraction to Jim seems a good start.

What was her first  episode? I stopped watching early this season because the violence was getting to me. I never used to care but as I get older I've gotten selective.

Anyway, I love Morena Baccarin. I can be easily swayed to come back to Gotham.

I'm a single girl and I'm shallow like that. 

• Love 1

They should have just had Leslie be here from the start, and then introduced Barbara in a later season. She and Jim have a lot of chemistry, but I have a feeling they'll want to reunite Jim and Barbara eventually. :-(

Well even if they do Barbara and Jim still get divorced eventually, so there's no reason why Leslie and Jim couldn't get back together and be endgame. Then Jim merely adopts his niece. There the time line is secure.

• Love 1

Please please don't let Barbara and Jim get back together! Having Leslie around, being all awesome, makes her lameness even more noticeable. Leslie is a great addition to the show, she had gotten a great response from fans, and shes played by a talented actress with both critical and nerd cred.  

• Love 2

Milz, while I am not putting anything on you, the theory you put forward still hasn't been rules out, to me.

This time, when faced with a case that all but falls into their laps, Leslie insists on taking the case on, finds it thrilling, and puts sexytimes on hold to work the case. She even wants to be in on the interrogation. Last week she was pouty at Jim for bringing work with him to a date, which I do understand, yet it's okay if she brings it up on the date? (Granted, she all but asked Jim point-blank to take the stick out of his ass and did call him to quit being a hypocrite, re: women in his life, which are good things, imo, too.)

What if she isn't Dr. Leslie Thompkins? What if she is Dr. Harleen Quinzel and no one is believing the woman they believe is Dr. Quinzel?  Thompkins doesn't even need to be an older woman, just a doctor that got bamboozled into Quinzel's place because RealThompkins was a true noob.

Still, I did enjoy Lee this week. I loved her wardrobe too! The blue coat when the blind seer visited the PD? Loved.

Edited by Actionmage

Really? I'm reading a lot of comments here where people are expecting her to become a villain but aside from the obvious spoilers that she's one of the good guys, I just think she's a bit of an adrenaline junkie, something she more or less admitted in this episode.

Either way, she's getting Gordon to loosen up, is definitely smarter than him (sorry, Jim but it's true) and has excellent chemistry with him.

This show needs to throw canon out of the window and let Leslie be the woman that Gordon ends up with in the long term. I have nothing against Barbara but the character and Gordon don't work as a character at all. Gordon and Leslie on the otherhand do and it feels rather effortless as well.

• Love 2

I love Leslie! She's so spunky and fun, although I do think her wanting to join Jim's investigations may lead to some trouble in the future.

I agree that the show should just say heck with it and screw canon. After all, Gotham is their own interpretation of pre-batman years, and if the comics get away with rebooting/ changing things every few months (at least it seems like every few months), then I think Gotham should be allowed to take certain liberties.

Lee's just so much fun. I wish she'd go on an investigation with Jim and Harvey. I could see them becomig a "golden trio" of some sorts..

They can always go with Barbara dies and then Gordon and Leslie name their daughter after her. Then there we go Barbara Gordon eventual Batgirl exists with better genes to be an ass kicker. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 2
I'm reading a lot of comments here where people are expecting her to become a villain

For myself, I am not expecting her to go Evil. I have an earned reluctance to trust comic book shows; I do not trust that I/ the audience will end up with nice things for our turning out and/or our patience. I was musing on options that might arise if this Dr. Leslie "Lee" Thompkins  is one of the nice things we aren't allowed to keep.

but aside from the obvious spoilers that she's one of the good guys,

Now, if you mean spoilers, as in bits of information some people don't read so they can be surprised? I try to stay unspoiled so I can be surprised, so nothing obvious to me.

If you mean that she is happily working on the side of The Law, so she is obviously on the side of Good? It can seem like that. She very well may be exactly what she appears to be. It would be nice.  We also are watching a show that has Edward Nygma as a CSI for the police department. He seems to genuinely enjoy his job ( and the M.E.'s) and likes Gordon, Bullock and Capt. Essen.

I do agree that Jim and Lee seem organic and ,a couple, at ease with each other, if a bit prickly, but due to them knowing what they want, not just to have angst.

Who knows what they plan on doing now that Morena signed with Marvel. 

Can someone work for DC and marvel at the same time, or will that cause the [comic book] universe to explode?

I really like her here, so I really hope that [a] she stays, and is not fridged or villainized.

• Love 1

So happy. I love her character on the show - and MB does quirky cute well. Plus, her and Ben McKenzie have great chemistry.

I expect then in season 2 a atory arc for her which will be awesome (as long as it's not a damsel in distress thing though). I wonder if they are going to phase out Barbara or is she going to go "evil" and be a more prominent threat to Jim and Leigh. Hmm....

Either way, awesome. Great news!

Must be shallow again... I love Morena with short hair. Do any fashion mavens here know if its a wig or her real hair? She and Halle Berry should always have the short cut. 

Okay, y'all can get back to serious discussions.

Thank you.

• Love 2