Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Evalina

LOL Moments From the Book "Becoming Sister Wives"

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

 

I haven't gotten very far.   I just read Robyn's remark about 'getting her scent " out there.

I cringed when I read that.  I believe the advice came from her own mother.  I cannot imagine a mother who would encourage their daughter to act like a bitch in heat for the sole purpose of finding a man to take on her brood.  Of course Kody responded like the stud he is.

  • Like 11
  • Laugh 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am laughing over "She-Ra"     I wonder if the ghostwriter came up with that.   I have had to put down any food or drink when I read this book or I will choke to death.

  • Like 1
  • Laugh 6

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I cringed when I read that.  I believe the advice came from her own mother.  I cannot imagine a mother who would encourage their daughter to act like a bitch in heat for the sole purpose of finding a man to take on her brood.  Of course Kody responded like the stud he is.

I did, too.  My mom would never have said that, it's so cringeworthy!  It figures that Kootie would have run around the LV cul-de-suck, saying something similar.  Wasn't he putting his 'stink' on it?  Just all kinds of gross.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Twopper said:

I am laughing over "She-Ra"

That bit was soooooo bad!!! It sounded absolutely ridiculous.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
21 hours ago, LilyD said:
On 5/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, Twopper said:

I am laughing over "She-Ra"

That bit was soooooo bad!!! It sounded absolutely ridiculous.

I suspect Robyn found a way to use her VS lingerie to make a She-Rah costume for her to wear in the bedroom

This book is giving me a headache.  I finish reading a section about how when Janelle joined "the Fam" Meri gave her the master bedroom and took the small back bedroom   In Janelle's section, Janelle complains that she felt like a guest in Meri's house because Meri put her in the guestroom.  No wonder they didn't get along. Also Meri refers to it a a house, and Janelle calls it a trailer.  Maybe they are talking about different times in different residences? 

I still detest Janelle.  What kind of insensitive and unmannered person agrees to marry on her sister wife's birthday?    Ma Kody gets a point for telling them to move it to the following day, but even that seems poor etiquette and lacking common sense.  It isn't like they are Jehovah's witnesses who don't celebrate birthdays.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

This book is giving me a headache.  I finish reading a section about how when Janelle joined "the Fam" Meri gave her the master bedroom and took the small back bedroom   In Janelle's section, Janelle complains that she felt like a guest in Meri's house because Meri put her in the guestroom.  No wonder they didn't get along. Also Meri refers to it a a house, and Janelle calls it a trailer.  Maybe they are talking about different times in different residences? 

Agreed! It reads as an absolute nightmare with the constant switching between the wives who (seem to) talk about different topics and different periods in their lives. it’s either confusing or contradicting. Possibly both.


A chronological narrative would have done justice to their story and make it easier to follow. It would definitely have made for a more pleasant read. But a chronological book would of course be ‘unfair’ to Robyn as it would leave her with only a few chapters.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

19 hours ago, LilyD said:

A chronological narrative would have done justice to their story

It is obvious the Browns do not want the "real" story out. Their super powers are gaslighting, miscommunication, and middle school acting. Their enablers are the producers. It is left to us to use our super powers of reason and research to figure out the real story of these immature grifters.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

It is obvious the Browns do not want the "real" story out. Their super powers are gaslighting, miscommunication, and middle school acting. Their enablers are the producers. It is left to us to use our super powers of reason and research to figure out the real story of these immature grifters.

I just can't handle the Janelle sections.  She talks eloquently about Kody being such a sensitive person, but a few paragraphs later there is a scene where he is a real jerk to her.  It is on a different page so maybe she and the ghostwriter thought we would forget??

  • Laugh 11

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't it Janelle that took one look at the bounty that was Kody and said, "it was like I'd suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten?"  Perhaps what she was forgetting was that she was already married to her sister-in-law's brother.

She clearly had to have known of Kody because she married into Meri's family.  For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody, because doesn't Janelle also talk about how Kody's dad thought that Janelle would be good with Kody's brother?  So I wonder if Janelle married into that family in order to be peripherally on Kody's radar?  I have no clue, and it just irks me.  It irks me!

 

Edited by laurakaye
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody,

I would assume she met him when she married Meri’s brother.

She was married to Adam Barber, 1988-1990. She was born in 1969. She married Kody in 1993.

  • Useful 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wasn't it Janelle that took one look at the bounty that was Kody and said, "it was like I'd suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten?"  Perhaps what she was forgetting was that she was already married to her sister-in-law's brother.

She clearly had to have known of Kody because she married into Meri's family.  For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody, because doesn't Janelle also talk about how Kody's dad thought that Janelle would be good with Kody's brother?  So I wonder if Janelle married into that family in order to be peripherally on Kody's radar?  I have no clue, and it just irks me.  It irks me!

 

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I would assume she met him when she married Meri’s brother.

She was married to Adam Barber, 1988-1990. She was born in 1969. She married Kody in 1993.

Janelle  had a crush on Adam Barber when she was in high school.  It doesn't sound like he was really into his family's religion so it was easy for him to convert to LDS which she wanted as she was LDS and was unwilling to marry outside the faith.   They had a temple wedding.  Unfortunately for Janelle, Adam had no more interest in his new religion than in the old one.  He wasn't spiritual enough for her, and he moved out after only 6 months.  Janelle continued to hang with her inlaws who later invited her to some kind of informal spiritual get-together where she saw Meri.  Kody came to the meeting as well, and that is where she met him.  Her description of that meeting includes that cheesy/sappy/vomit-inducing remark that @laurakaye quoted.  She and Adam were separated, but not yet divorced, when they attended Meri's wedding.

  • Useful 7

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

She was married to Adam Barber, 1988-1990. She was born in 1969. She married Kody in 1993.

And Janelle's mother married Kootie's father in 1992.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size