Type keyword(s) to search

LOL Moments From the Book "Becoming Sister Wives"

Evalina
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Twopper said:

I haven't gotten very far.   I just read Robyn's remark about 'getting her scent " out there.

I cringed when I read that.  I believe the advice came from her own mother.  I cannot imagine a mother who would encourage their daughter to act like a bitch in heat for the sole purpose of finding a man to take on her brood.  Of course Kody responded like the stud he is.

• LOL 2
  • Love 12

I am laughing over "She-Ra"     I wonder if the ghostwriter came up with that.   I have had to put down any food or drink when I read this book or I will choke to death.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

I cringed when I read that.  I believe the advice came from her own mother.  I cannot imagine a mother who would encourage their daughter to act like a bitch in heat for the sole purpose of finding a man to take on her brood.  Of course Kody responded like the stud he is.

I did, too.  My mom would never have said that, it's so cringeworthy!  It figures that Kootie would have run around the LV cul-de-suck, saying something similar.  Wasn't he putting his 'stink' on it?  Just all kinds of gross.

• Love 11
21 hours ago, LilyD said:
On 5/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, Twopper said:

I am laughing over "She-Ra"

That bit was soooooo bad!!! It sounded absolutely ridiculous.

I suspect Robyn found a way to use her VS lingerie to make a She-Rah costume for her to wear in the bedroom

This book is giving me a headache.  I finish reading a section about how when Janelle joined "the Fam" Meri gave her the master bedroom and took the small back bedroom   In Janelle's section, Janelle complains that she felt like a guest in Meri's house because Meri put her in the guestroom.  No wonder they didn't get along. Also Meri refers to it a a house, and Janelle calls it a trailer.  Maybe they are talking about different times in different residences? 

I still detest Janelle.  What kind of insensitive and unmannered person agrees to marry on her sister wife's birthday?    Ma Kody gets a point for telling them to move it to the following day, but even that seems poor etiquette and lacking common sense.  It isn't like they are Jehovah's witnesses who don't celebrate birthdays.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, Twopper said:

This book is giving me a headache.  I finish reading a section about how when Janelle joined "the Fam" Meri gave her the master bedroom and took the small back bedroom   In Janelle's section, Janelle complains that she felt like a guest in Meri's house because Meri put her in the guestroom.  No wonder they didn't get along. Also Meri refers to it a a house, and Janelle calls it a trailer.  Maybe they are talking about different times in different residences? 

Agreed! It reads as an absolute nightmare with the constant switching between the wives who (seem to) talk about different topics and different periods in their lives. it’s either confusing or contradicting. Possibly both.

A chronological narrative would have done justice to their story and make it easier to follow. It would definitely have made for a more pleasant read. But a chronological book would of course be ‘unfair’ to Robyn as it would leave her with only a few chapters.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, LilyD said:

A chronological narrative would have done justice to their story

It is obvious the Browns do not want the "real" story out. Their super powers are gaslighting, miscommunication, and middle school acting. Their enablers are the producers. It is left to us to use our super powers of reason and research to figure out the real story of these immature grifters.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, itsadryheat said:

It is obvious the Browns do not want the "real" story out. Their super powers are gaslighting, miscommunication, and middle school acting. Their enablers are the producers. It is left to us to use our super powers of reason and research to figure out the real story of these immature grifters.

I just can't handle the Janelle sections.  She talks eloquently about Kody being such a sensitive person, but a few paragraphs later there is a scene where he is a real jerk to her.  It is on a different page so maybe she and the ghostwriter thought we would forget??

• LOL 11
(edited)

Wasn't it Janelle that took one look at the bounty that was Kody and said, "it was like I'd suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten?"  Perhaps what she was forgetting was that she was already married to her sister-in-law's brother.

She clearly had to have known of Kody because she married into Meri's family.  For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody, because doesn't Janelle also talk about how Kody's dad thought that Janelle would be good with Kody's brother?  So I wonder if Janelle married into that family in order to be peripherally on Kody's radar?  I have no clue, and it just irks me.  It irks me!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Applause 1
  • Love 7
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody,

I would assume she met him when she married Meri’s brother.

She was married to Adam Barber, 1988-1990. She was born in 1969. She married Kody in 1993.

• Useful 6
7 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Wasn't it Janelle that took one look at the bounty that was Kody and said, "it was like I'd suddenly remembered something I'd forgotten?"  Perhaps what she was forgetting was that she was already married to her sister-in-law's brother.

She clearly had to have known of Kody because she married into Meri's family.  For the life of me I cannot work out the timeline of Janelle marrying Adam and when she would've met Kody, because doesn't Janelle also talk about how Kody's dad thought that Janelle would be good with Kody's brother?  So I wonder if Janelle married into that family in order to be peripherally on Kody's radar?  I have no clue, and it just irks me.  It irks me!

6 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I would assume she met him when she married Meri’s brother.

She was married to Adam Barber, 1988-1990. She was born in 1969. She married Kody in 1993.

Janelle  had a crush on Adam Barber when she was in high school.  It doesn't sound like he was really into his family's religion so it was easy for him to convert to LDS which she wanted as she was LDS and was unwilling to marry outside the faith.   They had a temple wedding.  Unfortunately for Janelle, Adam had no more interest in his new religion than in the old one.  He wasn't spiritual enough for her, and he moved out after only 6 months.  Janelle continued to hang with her inlaws who later invited her to some kind of informal spiritual get-together where she saw Meri.  Kody came to the meeting as well, and that is where she met him.  Her description of that meeting includes that cheesy/sappy/vomit-inducing remark that @laurakaye quoted.  She and Adam were separated, but not yet divorced, when they attended Meri's wedding.

• Useful 9
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And Janelle's mother married Kootie's father in 1992.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4

Just re-reading their NYT bestseller (lol) and I found that not only did Robyn steal their husband, but she stole Janelle's apples/oranges analogy! (Janelle expresses it better)

I wonder how many times R has read their book? Wanna bet she was sittin' there with a neon highlighter marking up all the parts that either pissed her off or that she could take credit for? 😂 

581A8B0C-CAC5-4A51-B1AD-97BD4384E9E4.png

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 3
5 hours ago, WhatAmIWatching said:

Just re-reading their NYT bestseller (lol) and I found that not only did Robyn steal their husband, but she stole Janelle's apples/oranges analogy! (Janelle expresses it better)

I wonder how many times R has read their book? Wanna bet she was sittin' there with a neon highlighter marking up all the parts that either pissed her off or that she could take credit for? 😂 

Well we know that he was not putting Christine's kids to bed!

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
On 3/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, WhatAmIWatching said:

Ugh, Kody and Robin's constant use of the word "tender" makes me want to puke.  My god, find another word.  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

Ugh, Kody and Robin's constant use of the word "tender" makes me want to puke.  My god, find another word.  

I hate it, too.  To me, it's an excuse Kootie and Sobbyn use to dote on the youngest two kids.  Too darn bad Kootie didn't/doesn't seem to care about the majority of his OG 13 children, and I never remember him using that word about them when they were young.

Another poster here said that the word is for kids 4 and younger, anyway.  I realize Sobbyn treats her kids like babies long past their babyhood years, but really?  Aren't they 7 and 11 now??  I know I personally would have resented the heck out of being babied at those ages!

• Like 8
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Another poster here said that the word is for kids 4 and younger, anyway. 

I have seen it used for six and under and also 8 and under. It just depended on the program.

• Useful 1
6 hours ago, WhatsUpDummy said:

I am now jokingly referring to my grandkids as the “tenders.” My daughter HATES it too. 😂

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

Normally it's expressed as tender aged which could still apply to beef, but does sound better.

Even if we extend tender aged children to age 8, that would only leave Kody with one.  He's the only parent I've heard use that expression in relation to his own children and it does sound like he wants to infantilize them and make them seem younger and more vulnerable than they actually are.  I wonder how much influence Robyn has had in Kody adopting and using such an expression so late in his parenting days.  

• Like 4
  • Love 2