Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Bellerophon

Episode Description:

Sixty-five photos of national landmarks suddenly surface, all featuring the ar rissalah symbol. Meanwhile, a college student claiming to be an ar rissalah operative breaks into the White House. The 7th floor team works to figure out the identities of the picture takers as the hunt for Al Moosari continues. Charlie, now in Yemen, desperately tries to make contact with her asset while evading the Yemeni secret police. Nick's masked captor lets him go only to lead him to his next mission. Back at Langley, Lucas takes the lead on the interrogation of a potential, and very controversial, ar rissalah member. At the same time, President Payton must make a hard choice between getting a much-needed win or holding out for her long-term goal of killing Sheikh Hakam.

(edited)

Well, at least Charleston Screw lived up to her nickname tonight.  Other, than that, what a mess of an episode. 

I thought it was too funny when the SEAL team was literally about to knock on the compound door.  The well-lit compound door. Really bad guys, no night patrols outside the compound.  And really SEAL Team, no one went around back or the sides of the compound for a less obvious entry point into the compound than the front door.

And no one at the compound -- the out in the middle of nowhere compound -- thought it was suspicious of someone driving by with big ass camera ?  Why wouldn't Al Moosri have a henchman answer the door to receive his medication delivery ?

Did the Blackwater-ish company torture Nick and arrange the hotel meeting with Charleston Chew ?  Because I would be asking a lot more questions about that.  I'd also be asking -- are there really 5-star hotels anywhere in Yemen ?

That Yemeni checkpoint scene was just ridiculous.

Leaving the White House fence leaper/Banksy wannabe completely unmonitored for long periods of time, why was anyone surprised that he killed himself ?  Why was no one watching him at least on video ? 

I guess the PDB team doesn't have enough to do that now they are running intel on Charleston Chew's search for Fatah.

And all the guys on Team Bellerophon seem to want to take the train to poundtown with Maureen James.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

I've stopped paying attention enough to follow the plot of this show now. There are too many shadowy conspiracies who somehow know where everyone is at all times even though the CIA's best can't figure out what's going on. Also, that guy making the moves on the one woman even though he's been warned off? Yeah, that's going to end well.

Speaking of which, that was an uncomfortably long sex scene. I was expecting them to cut away once she was down to her bra and panties but then it just kept going and going...

I guess the point was to show us the closeup of her pensive face, but even that went on too long. I looked down to read a blog post and when I looked up, they were still going at it. I appreciate Katherine Heigl's body as much as the next straight guy, but come on now.

• Love 2

So, if you suddenly decide to rifle through the desk in the Oval office or spray graffiti on the walls, all you have to do is jump over a fence?

I was just mentally congratulating Chardonnay for going a whole episode without dropping her drawers... when she dropped her drawers.  Such a disappointment. 

• Love 1

I like how in this show only men are emotionally available ones, and all women are repressed loners. Nick being shirtless and half-shirtless was highlight of the episode for me. Oh, and that spy stuff? Kinda cool. I don't watch the show for realism, really.

Sad thing it's not long for this world, though.

Okay, so I was watching this only during commercials on The Bachelor so I need some 'splanin'. Not that there is really any logic to this show. But Nick's captor disappears why? And he is able to pull his "hanger" out of a ceiling that looks like drywall? The heck, Nick, why didn't you do that last week.

Nick walks out of the container and instantly recognizes Yemen? Unless there was a big WELCOME TO YEMEN sign we couldn't see, that port looked like any place else with the exception of Manhattan or Chicago. Plus, being shut in a closed container in Yemen ... wouldn't that kill a person from heatstroke in a coupla hours? Or was their an air conditioning unit in that drywall ceiling?

How did Charleston hook up ... I mean, MEET up with Nick? Next time I looked, they were heading toward that checkpoint together in a car they got ... where?

Would Yemen soldiers recognize an Aussie accent vs. an American one? Did they even speak English at all?

Just caught the end of the sex scene. Unfortunate for me since I read here there was Shirtless Nick.

Edited by saber5055

@saber5055 -- hopefully this helps.

Not that there is really any logic to this show. But Nick's captor disappears why?

Who knows ?  Nick woke up and his captors were gone, and then he worked himself free.

Nick walks out of the container and instantly recognizes Yemen? Unless there was a big WELCOME TO YEMEN sign we couldn't see, that port looked like any place else with the exception of Manhattan or Chicago.

One of the things Nick found in the container was a hotel room key attached to a large keychain that probably had the hotel name on it.

Plus, being shut in a closed container in Yemen ... wouldn't that kill a person from heatstroke in a coupla hours? Or was their an air conditioning unit in that drywall ceiling?

Nope, no sign of any air conditioner in the container -- he should have been roasted to a well done state inside that container.

How did Charleston hook up ... I mean, MEET up with Nick? Next time I looked, they were heading toward that checkpoint together in a car they got ... where?

When Charleston Chew when to Yemen, the CIA liaison she met at the US embassy gave her a hotel room key to go and wait to meet her contact, and that just happened to be the same hotel room that Nick's key he found in the container.

Does anyone know if this show has been picked up or cancelled, or what the status is? I don't know why I am still watching it's like a train wreck just can't stop. But I barely paid any attention I was engrossed in playing candy crush because I was bored.

To hell with shirtless Nick!  That guy needs to shave!  Scruffy git.

Netfoot, your comment came into my brain late last night. Nick needs to shave, YES, because nothing (or, not much) is worse than whisker burn. How hilarious would it be for Charleston to show up for work the next day with her face (and other areas) all red and scraped up.

• Love 1

Good thing Charleston used an "Australian" passport in a country where the border guards can't tell an American accent from an Aussie one. Because she was just speaking like her good ol' American self. 

And so Nick's captors just let him go. Such lovely people, even giving him a hotel key. 

This show is just laughably bad.

• Love 1

How hilarious would it be for Charleston to show up for work the next day with her face (and other areas) all red and scraped up.

"Other Areas" available only on HBO,,, :(     But she could have a funny walk.....