Type keyword(s) to search

Social Media and Internet Gossip: Chew the Dirt Here!

Jen is running her mouth in this particular thread on The Taste's Facebook page. Check it out.

https://www.facebook.com/TheTasteABC/photos/a.342557875851886.80310.320540221386985/695667547207582/?type=1

Ahem, it looks like she's deleted a few responses from earlier today when I first spotted this. But if you click on the various replies, she's armed and ready. I really think contestants should steer clear of Twitter and other discussion forums during their time on the show, but that's just me.

• Love 1

I'm surprised they haven't slapped her.  I remember on the last season of Food Network Star one of the women was commenting weekly in her own blog, somebody asked her there if she would do a Web interview on their site and she replied that they'd have to talk to FN to get permission first.  I thought contestants on reality shows were pretty locked down - if even incompetent FN can rein them in I don't see why the more experienced ABC can't.

I'm surprised they haven't slapped her.  I remember on the last season of Food Network Star one of the women was commenting weekly in her own blog, somebody asked her there if she would do a Web interview on their site and she replied that they'd have to talk to FN to get permission first.  I thought contestants on reality shows were pretty locked down - if even incompetent FN can rein them in I don't see why the more experienced ABC can't.

It's the show's official Facebook page, though, so maybe they're encouraged to contribute there (and whoever's running the page can always delete anything they don't want seen).

Be careful! With Jen Royle, it might start with spirited back and forth, but it might end up in a lawsuit.

One of the posters on the facebook page posted the link saying maybe they were afraid to fire her.  I cannot wait to see her posts on that.

Can you summarize what she said?

What I can remember.... she was very defensive, didn't quite cross the line about giving any secrets away, but I got the impression that other people were screwing up worse than she did (or so she said), and that they didn't show any of that. Well, she WAS the one in two recent cook-offs, right?

• Love 1

I just saw an item in "The Daily Mail" today that the Taste has officially been cancelled. It was tagged under "Nigella Lawson." I'm assuming (hoping) it's true. That show just had too many inconsistencies and flaws to carry on.

I just saw an item in "The Daily Mail" today that the Taste has officially been cancelled. It was tagged under "Nigella Lawson." I'm assuming (hoping) it's true. That show just had too many inconsistencies and flaws to carry on.

Was it talking about the UK or the US version?

Aw man.. I hope it's not canceled. I agree there were a lot of issues, but seems like all shows have issues and I feel like The Taste is better than most of the cooking type shows. They could make some fairly minor changes that would make it a ton better.

Maybe, just maybe, this is a way to oust Nigella in the U.S. version. Tony may already have someone in mind to pitch to ABC for her replacement.

We can hope!

• Love 1

Maybe, just maybe, this is a way to oust Nigella in the U.S. version. Tony may already have someone in mind to pitch to ABC for her replacement.

Both Tony & Nigella are executive producers, I don't think they can get rid of her.

She can stay on as exec. producer, just not on the screen. Or, Tony can buy her out. If ABC tells her "we're cancelling unless you bow out gracefully" she won't have much choice if she wants to continue to get a paycheck.

• Love 1

She can stay on as exec. producer, just not on the screen. Or, Tony can buy her out. If ABC tells her "we're cancelling unless you bow out gracefully" she won't have much choice if she wants to continue to get a paycheck.

Or they can just use her as an excuse to cancel the show.

• Love 1
(edited)

Aw that sucks.  I really thought it could've been great with some minor tweaks, and I watched it even with the flaws. I hope it comes back someday. (ETA: without Nigella, hopefully)

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 1

You know who would have been a good replacement for Nigella? Khristianne, the chef who won under Brian Malarky. I found her very interesting, and it would be cool to see a former winner come back as a mentor. Who better to know what the contestants are going through? And it would be fun to see someone like that beat the pros.

• Love 1

I wish they could somehow tie together the best elements of this show with the best elements of some of the other Food Network shows.  For example I'd love to see a version of Chopped with pro chefs commenting on the cooking, but a blind tasting for the final dishes. Or alternately, The Taste but with mystery baskets and individual tastings instead of the whole team/mentor thing. I understand no show's going to be perfect but it seems like they should be able to get some kinda good cooking competition show together by now.

• Love 2