Type keyword(s) to search

Big Women: Big Love - General Discussion

• Start Topic

According to the show (because who knows what the truth is in real life), did Mar and Jenn just meet for the first time at the convention?  Because if I am remembering that correctly, I always found the immediate intense level of their faux friendship irritating.  The "I love you's" and talking about how much they missed each other seemed on the level of how a couple of 13 year olds might act.  And then the truth comes out when with one perceived mis-step (the word fat) they are straight up hating and at each others throats!

I felt the same way... but I am an introvert and am slow to warm up to people, so I was wondering if it was just me.

They do seem emotionally stunted- which would make sense.

I actually know an overweight/obese woman who reminds me of Kristi in terms of how over-the-top outgoing she is- to me it comes off as a bit of overcompensation - I think the women on this show have mentioned feeling like they have to prove themselves with their personality due to how people judge them due to their weight.

• Love 3

Feel free to add to the list, this girl...ugh!

Stop trying to outdrink your dates

Stop making out at the table

Stop licking the guy's face--you're not a kitten's mother

Stop talking about Richie

Stop singing about skateboard riding lovers

• Love 4

Thank you!!! How did I forget about her sucking face at dinner? I guess because she's provided so much material since last week!

• Love 2

Jenn: after listening to her declare in her cutesy, smug baby voice that she's going to eat all the pizza in New York, and "eat her weight in pizza," I have NO sympathy whatsoever for her overdramatic meltdown over the factual statement that she is fat. 

How can these women live with themselves after making a disgusting spectacle out of spraying their crotches with perfume and deodorant? This exhibitionist, crude behavior is so beyond my comprehension.

That's my issue with her.  She alternates between almost being proud of her weight and appetite and then when two women -- both almost as fat as she is -- dare to basically do the "we're all fat..." she gets upset?  Seems like she was less upset when the obnoxious date was making comments about her stomach hanging out during their bowling date.

Stop kidding yourself that you have a following that will notice your 40 pound weight gain since the only people at your show were related to you.  And Sabirina.

• Love 5
Kristi/Jessica are starting to bore me.

**Ducking** Jessica is kind of growing on me now that she's not with the other ladies. She seemed, dare I say, interesting and nice during her date with the chef. Of course, maybe she's just putting on a good front in the beginning and then the bitch flag will wave when he says or does something she doesn't like.

Shallowness here...but Kristi and Sabrina's lips fascinate me. In every one of Kristi's THs, I can't help but stare at how thin her top lip is. She holds it so tight, it looks like it hurts. Sabrina needs a lip liner, new application technique, or something, because her messy lipstick looks like she just took a nap facedown. And I'm still mad at her for going the entire dance-lesson date with Kareem without realizing her Maybelline was all over her front teeth.

Yes, to whoever upthread said if I never hear Jefferson or turn up again, I will be happy for life.

• Love 3

Jessica, still horrible. I'm binge watching, so it may be a little amplified by the back to back episodes.

I did find it interesting that Jessica had to ask for help off the floor because she couldn't get up. Contrast with Sabrina who could get herself up and her date went to help, unasked.

And how tight were her spanx? I say get a bigger size and be able to move. She's fat, clearly. It doesn't matter if those painted on black pants are an 18 or 20, you're hiding nothing.

I'm kind of bothered by the big jars of candy in the background of everyone's talking heads. Same candy, obviously set up by production.

And Jessica doesn't want to end up like the sad ppl in LA? You mean those women who were making fools of themselves on the dance floor, making sure they were hypersexual to grab attention away from the prettier girls? Oh. Wait, that pathetic sad girl was Jessica. As her date said, my bad.

I have to wonder if she knew she would be portrayed as the straight up delusional a-hole, of if she really, sincerely thinks all of these things? Light as a feather? Slim thick? Size small? Better than the other people?

Edited by CousinOliver

Why don't these women make an effort to lose some weight? J

Well, Jessica obviously is trying to lose weight.

But, probably because it's not a diet show, but a show about dating. I haven't even noticed what they're eating (outside of the whole fruit thing). It's just not the point of the show.

I have some sympathy for Jenn. Fat has been flung at her, and many other fat people, as an insult. It hurts to be reduced to something superficial.

That said, she does need therapy. She needs to be able to differentiate between people who are using "fat" as a descriptor and "fat" as an insult (which it should never be), and be able to confront those small minded people in a calm, dismissive way.

Overall, she needs to stop caring about what other people think.

• Love 1

Also, everything in this show is painfully set up. With the exception of the woman that lives in LA (hello, desperate actors answering casting calls), most of these "dates" are ex boyfriends or friends of friends.

Then there's things like the fake "city taxi" minivan, the seminar that didn't really happen, etc. This is mostly a show about fat women struggles: girdles, amusement rides, waiters putting you on a diet, etc. The dating part is really unimportant to the overall plot line: it hard to be fat (or "thin", in Jessica's case.)

Edited by CousinOliver
  • Love 3

I have some sympathy for Jenn. Fat has been flung at her, and many other fat people, as an insult. It hurts to be reduced to something superficial.

That said, she does need therapy. She needs to be able to differentiate between people who are using "fat" as a descriptor and "fat" as an insult (which it should never be), and be able to confront those small minded people in a calm, dismissive way.

Overall, she needs to stop caring about what other people think.

I have sympathy for anyone who struggles with weight, particularly when they get to the point of being so large they can't fit into a go-cart.  But at the same time, she seemed more bothered by a fat girl lumping her into being fat -- along with her and the others -- than a guy she's on a date with who is talking about her rolls of fat.  It's like she wants to talk about being fat, but doesn't want to be lumped into being fat.  Not to mention, she calls herself "curvy."  That's not curvy.  She's not chubby.  She's not fluffy.  She's obese.  If she wants to make no effort in losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle, maybe she needs to toughen up when it comes to a fat girl calling her what she is.

• Love 3

I have sympathy for anyone who struggles with weight, particularly when they get to the point of being so large they can't fit into a go-cart.  But at the same time, she seemed more bothered by a fat girl lumping her into being fat -- along with her and the others -- than a guy she's on a date with who is talking about her rolls of fat.  It's like she wants to talk about being fat, but doesn't want to be lumped into being fat.  Not to mention, she calls herself "curvy."  That's not curvy.  She's not chubby.  She's not fluffy.  She's obese.  If she wants to make no effort in losing weight and adopting a healthier lifestyle, maybe she needs to toughen up when it comes to a fat girl calling her what she is.

I'd go as far as saying morbidly obese. Especially if you manage to profusely sweat while doing little to no moving about. No tea, no shade. 

@ethalfrida did Jenn really roll deodorant on her vagina or was it just her sweaty thighs. Either way, all I could think was 'Isn't she going to have to use that on her under arms?'. 
Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 2

I'd go as far as saying morbidly obese. Especially if you manage to profusely sweat while doing little to no moving about. No tea, no shade. 

@ethalfrida did Jenn really roll deodorant on her vagina or was it just her sweaty thighs. Either way, all I could think was 'Isn't she going to have to use that on her under arms?'. 

I was hoping that she was just doing her thighs, but maybe...

• Love 2

I believe Jenn mumbled something about the deodorant was being applied to the thighs to avoid them from rubbing together.

I just don't understand why these ladies wear these ridiculously tight spandex things that does not do them any favors in the least.  There has to be better plus sized fashion than this?

• Love 1

This show gives me so much second hand embarassment. Mostly for these sad, sad ladies but also for myself. I'm a fat woman (yes, we can call ourselves that, it's okay Jenn! It's just true! It's just like saying you're short, or tall, or blonde, or brunette--it's descriptive!) and I've overcome all my issues surrounding it, but oh were they plentiful.

I am now mid-thirties and married with kids, so I'm so far removed from all this. But the show is so bringing back horrific memories.

I was the overly outgoing and loud party girl like Kristi. I lost my virginity at 22 to a one night stand like Jenn. I was mega-slutty in my twenties, racking up one nighter after one nighter and being way overly sexual in my behavior, like Mar. I was even in a bit of denial about my own hotness like Jessica at one point, having lost a ton of weight and then was shocked (shocked!) when I found that going from a size 22 to a 14 did absolutely nothing to solve my love life problems because I hadn't changed a bit on the inside (cue after school special music).

So I am hooked on this show...it's like watching an awful highlight reel of every embarassing thing from my twenty-something life. I thank my lucky stars I worked out my issues and met my husband.

Of all these hot messes, Jenn definitely needs the most help. I want to take her under my big fat wing and give her a stack of fat acceptance literature to read.

• Love 9

Jen's update was that she continues to date and looking for her "perfect lumberjack".

I think this show was a miniseries just to test the waters; LifeTime had gotten burnt by the whole BAPs fallout and probably didnt want to pay for a full series for a show they weren't sure was going to draw the ratings.

They're sooo heavy handed with the producer manips, no one has honey just randomly on hand, and no one would put adulterated as crap honeybear honey in their eyes. If anything, they would use raw honey or medicinal grade honey.

And the "pizza makes me wet" scene, HUGE cringe. I'm happy this show is over because I don't know how much more I can take. I hope they at least get a reunion episode though, I'd like to know if Kristi or Jessica are still with their guys.

ETA it seems like a pretty common thing for LifeTime reality programming, they generally start small and see what kind of buzz you merit, then from there give you more episodes as time goes on. Like Little Women:LA started with 9 episodes in its first season last summer, and now has a much heartier 12 or 13 episodes this season and even a spinoff. I wouldn't be surprised if LifeTime started filming a second season, either with new girls or the same, especially if the ratings were good.

Edited by ChaChaSlide
  • Love 2

I hate to say I told you so but...my post from last episode:

Kristi...I"m glad she woke up, but at the same time it wouldn't surprise me if next week after she does the "I have to protect myself and Laila" if he ends up saying something really simple that convinces her to stay with him.  Like "Okay, I understand."  And then she thinks to herself, "He took this so well!  Maybe he is actually a great guy!"

• Love 4

I wonder how many slices of pizza they ate on that pizza tour? 

Does anyone else think that Jenn looks sloppy? She needs better color on her hair and she definitely needs to brush it.

Edited by Suzy123
  • Love 2

I wonder how many slices of pizza they ate on that pizza tour? 

Does anyone else think that Jenn looks sloppy? She needs better color on her hair and she definitely needs to brush it.

I think Jenn's hair is the least of her problems. Although, you are correct. That her hair being as unkempt as it is with a less than flattering color doesn't help with the 'look' she has going for her on this show.

If this comes back for a second season. They need a new group of girls, located within the same city. Or they need to do an overhaul of this cast. Why did this show end on Jenn? Is she the 'star' of the show? Someone the viewers root for and identify with the most out of all these women? I don't see it. 

Edited by jonesingjay
  • Love 2

I think Jenn's her is the least of problems. Although, you are correct. That her hair being as unkempt as it is with a less than flattering color doesn't help with the 'look' she has going for her on this show.

If this comes back for a second season. They need a new group of girls, located within the same city. Or they need to do an overhaul of this cast. Why did this show end on Jenn? Is she the 'star' of the show? Someone the viewers root for and identify with the most out of all these women? I don't see it. 

I would watch a second season, but I could do it without Mar, Jessica. I wouldn't mind seeing Kristi again to see if Jefferson is the loser we expect him to be because well 3 marriages and no job.   Jenn irritates the hell out of me, but I could watch her again.

• Love 1

I would watch a second season, but I could do it without Mar, Jessica. I wouldn't mind seeing Kristi again to see if Jefferson is the loser we expect him to be because well 3 marriages and no job.   Jenn irritates the hell out of me, but I could watch her again.

Kristi doesn't irk me as much as some of the others. I don't like how crazy she is over this Jefferson guy though. I wouldn't mind seeing her again. They could nix Jessica, Sabrina, Mar, and last but not least Jenn. I think that pretty much leaves Kristi. I feel like I'm leaving someone out? Might as well start over from scratch. 

• Love 1

I don't understand the Jefferson love, either. Being not atrocious doesn't mean that he has much to offer. He's a passive type. I would not expect him to display much emotion. He's a big talker; he's big on complimenting a heavy woman and making her feel beautiful. What better way is there to manipulate someone?

And the stuffed horse? Well, that's a pretty obvious little thing to do when you're meeting a small child. It would not make me swoon.

Nor would having a man tell me to take time to figure out what I want--right after I'd told him what I wanted: no more relationship with him because he doesn't have a job, isn't financially stable, and reminds me of some exes. I think my response to "Mr. Jefferson"  would have been more along the lines of, "What part didn't you understand?"

And Jenn does the Debbie Downer thing just after she mouse-squeaks/baby talks about something. Wah-wah, and the crooked lip thing with a shrug. Not cute, Jenn. It worked for Debbie Downer, but it doesn't work for you. She is obviously a special snowflake to her parents.

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 3

I don't understand the Jefferson love, either. Being not atrocious doesn't mean that he has much to offer. He's a passive type. I would not expect him to display much emotion. He's a big talker; he's big on complimenting a heavy woman and making her feel beautiful. What better way is there to manipulate someone?

And the stuffed horse? Well, that's a pretty obvious little thing to do when you're meeting a small child. It would not make me swoon.

Nor would having a man tell me to take time to figure out what I want--right after I'd told him what I wanted: no more relationship with him because he doesn't have a job, isn't financially stable, and reminds me of some exes. I think my response to "Mr. Jefferson"  would have been more along the lines of, "What part didn't you understand?"

Totally agree.  

I knew last week that he'd barely have to do ANYTHING in order for her to change her mind.  And sure enough, he didn't.  She's so desperate for love I think she'd hold onto just about anything.

• Love 2

Had to laugh at Mr. Wonderful telling Kristy that he made room in his life for her--haha, you're unemployed, have nothing to offer and you've "made room" for her???  That's rich.  The other guffaw I had was hearing Jenn say Mar was being a "drama queen."  Pot, meet kettle.  Not sure if Mar's eye pain was so much due to sleeping with contacts as it was due to having a hangover.  And honey in the eyes?  She'll be lucky if she doesn't end up with a major eye infection, or worse.  

Hate to admit it but, when Jessica and her mother were both inside her old sweatpants, I began to understand her calling herself "skinny."  I imagine after being so large, she really does feel skinny now.  I hated saying that, if tasted awful in my mouth.  

• Love 2

Mar's eyes were probably killing her because she most likely tried to take her contacts out without using contact eye drops or putting some saline in her eyes first and they were stuck to her eye from sleeping in them.  I thought I heard her say to Jenn that she found some eye drops in her purse.

Jenn's voice during the honey scene was unrecognizable. My expert opinion is that she doesn't like her real voice and thinks this fake one is cute. If I was her friend, I'd tell her to stop talking in that ridiculous voice since it's obvious it's not her real one. And she needs to stand up straight. Her posture is horrible.

• Love 1

Where does Jenn live? Can we all ambush her apartment and give that chick a makeover? She's the sloppiest of the bunch--the hair, her clothes, the fake chipmunk voice. I think she wants to come across as funny and adorable and "curvy," but it's not working.

When Sabrina asked that guy how old he thought she was, and he said 27, did anyone else think Sabrina expected him to go a lot lower? She was like, "Uh, 30!" Awkward. Now just because you dress like a 23 year old...

Kristi reminds me so much of my best friend. I never understood why my friend was so bad at meeting men. She dated the biggest losers, most who were butt ugly, and then she would gloat about how good it felt to be called pretty by these ugly dudes. I always told her that she had a lot to offer and that she shouldn't look to losers to validate her beauty, but oh well. She's married to some dude with no teeth now.

I'm actually kind of...obsessed with this show? It's such a trainwreck; I've been enjoying every second of it. I would be happy if all of them came back, excluding Jessica of course. However, this show can only work if their storylines take off. If it's just the same ol' bad dudes/bad decisions/inevitable embarassments, it can get old.

Edited by cerealboxkilla
  • Love 4
Kristi reminds me so much of my best friend. I never understood why my friend was so bad at meeting men. She dated the biggest losers, most who were butt ugly, and then she would gloat about how good it felt to be called pretty by these ugly dudes. I always told her that she had a lot to offer and that she shouldn't look to losers to validate her beauty, but oh well. She's married to some dude with no teeth now.

My friend is exactly like that. She hates being alone and picks losers who don't have a job. She also supports him with the money that SHE makes from working two jobs. I told her a million times that she is better than that, but the guy gives her a compliment or buys her something, and she falls right back to him. 

I understand where Kristi is coming from, it feels nice when someone pays you compliments, but she needs a reality check. Go out, have fun and date, but don't make it serious so fast. She needs to learn her self- worth and only then will she be able to get through her problems. 

• Love 1

The editing drives me crazy. It's obvious that the fashion show happened before the "fat" incident in last weeks episode. They were dressed the same, hair did the same.

I don't care if Kristi keeps dating Jefferson. They'd only been on a few dates. Go ahead and explore...but my goodness...wait to introduce your child until it's Dixie Chick serious! She doesn't have Layla's best interest at heart there at all.

I still like Sabrina. Mar and Jenn bug. Jessica got better the last few episodes. She was cute with her mom, but does she live at home too?

As a big girl, I can relate to a lot of their issues and yet I'm also embarrassed and hope not everyone thinks we are like these girls. Sabrina is fine, but Jenn is just...sad. Very sad.

• Love 4

I'm actually kind of...obsessed with this show? It's such a trainwreck; I've been enjoying every second of it. I would be happy if all of them came back, excluding Jessica of course. However, this show can only work if their storylines take off. If it's just the same ol' bad dudes/bad decisions/inevitable embarassments, it can get old.

I would actually prefer to watch this show if they stopped making every effing thing in their world have to do with being fat.  Tripping in heels?  "I'm a curvy girl..."  This show would interest me more if they weren't contracted to talk endlessly about being fat.  I mean, we can all infer that their size has caused them problems in dating. But do we need to hear every five minutes that gee, the booth was tight.  Gee, I hope the fucking Ferris Wheel doesn't tip over because I'm fat.

I don't care if Kristi keeps dating Jefferson. They'd only been on a few dates. Go ahead and explore...but my goodness...wait to introduce your child until it's Dixie Chick serious! She doesn't have Layla's best interest at heart there at all.

I think the only reason she's worried about introducing them is because Jefferson apparently doesn't have a home or anywhere that they can do fucky fuck times.  So if she moves out, Layla has to know mommy's friend Mr. Jefferson who is going to be making squealing noises in the bedroom. 

• Love 3

Kristi got a new place so she can have sexy time with Jefferson!!

Did anyone notice the pile of multiple bags of chips/snacks in the hotel?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised - the girls are all very overweight and aren't making any attempts to lose weight... so of course they are going to have a bunch of snacks to snack on after their pizza tour.

Am I the only one who cringes when Jenn is doing a TH and she makes those dumb facial expressions and shrugs her shoulders and tries to make a witty/funny comment? Ugh.... that bugs.

• Love 7

Kristi got a new place so she can have sexy time with Jefferson!!

Did anyone notice the pile of multiple bags of chips/snacks in the hotel?  I guess I shouldn't be surprised - the girls are all very overweight and aren't making any attempts to lose weight... so of course they are going to have a bunch of snacks to snack on after their pizza tour.

Am I the only one who cringes when Jenn is doing a TH and she makes those dumb facial expressions and shrugs her shoulders and tries to make a witty/funny comment? Ugh.... that bugs.

OMG, yes.  And if I hear "lumberjack" one more freaking time!

Despite her odd desperation for Jefferson, I do have a soft spot for Kristi.  I think she really is a beautiful woman.  Her skin is flawless and her coloring is beautiful.  I know she's a big girl but she shouldln't sell herself short.  

And Jessica, as obnoxious as she first was, seems like she's actually a decent person.  And I do think she's a beautiful woman as well.

Jenn, Mar are just flat out embarrassing.

• Love 3

Despite her odd desperation for Jefferson, I do have a soft spot for Kristi.  I think she really is a beautiful woman.  Her skin is flawless and her coloring is beautiful.  I know she's a big girl but she shouldln't sell herself short.  

Does Kristi dye her hair? I thought I noticed roots in one episode.... not that there's anything wrong that - I dye mine!

Does Kristi dye her hair? I thought I noticed roots in one episode.... not that there's anything wrong that - I dye mine!

Oh, good question!  I don't know but the red on her is beautiful.  She's got milky skin.  I really think she's lovely.