Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers, Speculation & All Things Media!

Figure it's time we have a thread dedicated to that since we got those new on set pics http://nationalcastleexaminer.tumblr.com/post/80845690218/sleuthdog100-hope-st-park-4-15-pm-3-26-14

It seems like a pattern to have serious conversations and decisions at the swings. I guess that better than have the annual season finale argument in Beckett's apartment. Whatever happens I hope tptb finally put the Bracken issue to rest.

• Love 1

Figure it's time we have a thread dedicated to that since we got those new on set pics http://nationalcastleexaminer.tumblr.com/post/80845690218/sleuthdog100-hope-st-park-4-15-pm-3-26-14

It seems like a pattern to have serious conversations and decisions at the swings. I guess that better than have the annual season finale argument in Beckett's apartment. Whatever happens I hope tptb finally put the Bracken issue to rest.

Anything is better than some angsty contrived row (usually in her apartment), so right now I'll hope that the hug means they're on the same wavelength no matter what mess they might be in presumably over Bracken.  And whilst it's probably a faint hope, I really do wish Marlowe would wind this story up and find some other source of drama.  Bracken can't become President, it's just way too over the top even for him, Beckett (or Castle) has to bring the guy down. He can't keeping slipping through the net all the time, the more ruthless and powerful they make him the sillier the notion is that Caskett should be left alive to continue to cause him trouble. 

Thanks for posting the link to pics. This thread on Castlespoilers.blogspot.com has some interesting comments about them:

castlespoilers.blogspot.com/2014/03/6x22-title-revealed.html

As for Bracken issue, 22nd (penultimate) episode of Castle will be called Veritas (Latin for truth). The epithet on Johanna Beckett's tombstone is "Vincit Omnia Veritas" ("Truth conquers all"), so I'm preatty sure this episode will involve Bracken in some way. Maybe they'll close that storyline, and then leave the finale for the wedding episode.

Anyway, next episode is on April 21st, so we have plenty of time for speculations.

Via Matt's Inside Line at TVLine.com

Question: Any Castle scoop for us this week?
Answer: You could say that. Episode 21, I have learned, is titled “Law & Boarder,” while 22, you may have heard, is called “Veritas.” That brings us to the season finale, and while unconfirmed by ABC, I’m hearing it’s titled “For Better or For Worse,” and the guest roles being cast include a motorcycle gang leader, an ex-mob boss, a stripper and an… officiant… of some sort. :-O

As long as that stripper is not coming after Castle, I've had my fill of him being accosted by random women who are not Kate Beckett.

The finale seems obviously set up for the wedding, lets hope it happens and doesn't get delayed.

The biggest shocker Marlowe/Edda could give fans is the wedding actually happening & Castle/Beckett actually getting married! 
I would really like season 7 [if/when its announced] to start of w/ Castle/Beckett as Mr & Mrs Richard Castle! 

Edited by Samantha84
  • Love 2

From TVLine:

Castle Casting Scoop: Eddie McClintock

McClintock - who announced his casting via the Instagram photo below — will appear in the May 12 season ender, which is confirmed to be titled “For Better or Worse,” as Rogan O’Leary, a small town hustler who is infamous for his lying, cheating and scheming.

Oh, and Rogan also has a “complicated past” with Beckett.

I hope that "complicated past” has only been job-related.

(edited)

So  Sully from Bones changed his name after sailing off and has a past with Beckett. He must have fun being a (personal/professional) spoiler for the main pairings!

Edited by WendyR72
(edited)

Holy mojo, look at all the roooooom. Although I think I'll miss us all being jammed into one thread it does make the spoiler policy a lot simpler, dunnit? Hi TWOPfugees!

To which...I've been trying to ignore the speculation, but the romantic past complication (eyeroll) thingie...is this the bad boy who taught Beckett to ride motorcycles (also can I hope against hope that's not the character Warehouse 13 boy will play, but rather this is why Michael Polish was hanging around onset?) Or is W13boy the grungy Kurt Cobain wannabe who smelled like wet flannel?

The title of the ender suggests there's a wedding, although prolly not the one they expect. I guess at this point if it's not as miserable as the proposal I'll be grateful. This season, though better than last, has already dragged the whole thing past boredom for me.

Edited by fialka
This season, though better than last, has already dragged the whole thing past boredom for me.

It's been another uneven season for me but overall slightly better (although the Alexis arc really left a bad taste) but yeah otherwise I feel like I'm now on some kind of route march to the (wedding) with nothing interesting along the way to distract me and no guaranteed hope of anything decent when I get to the end of it.

Since TWOP is down at the moment I thought I would post this latest tweet from one of the guests stars.

jennkathreen

8 hours ago · Hollywood

Love a good theme

Right there with you Samantha, As you pointed out the key word is Live, or in my case not at all.  MilMar has work cutout for them and they need to do it quick or this may be it for our show, hope not but many are tired of being jerked around and the Organic now becomes New Mythology, Please, give me a break.  Interesting to see the radio silence from Most All on Twitter, even NF. Usually would get a nice article announcing dates the DVD are on sale and release, not a peep from articles that I could find.

Info on the DVD release of season 6

Wonder if the idiots who didn't notice that Nathan/Castle's collar was gray and his sleeve was white will fix that faux pas before the boxsets are shipped out for sale? 

Seriously though someone gets paid so shit like that doesn't happen. Shows that they don't care and are lazy. Thus so am I when it comes to this show and caring about it. 

The shirt collar/sleeve faux pas just makes me laugh.  I remember when the pic was released and I said it was photoshopped.  People argued that it couldn't possibly be because of how realistic hand placement was, etc....but I think the mismatch is a sign that Nathan's head was pasted onto someone else's body.

The shirt collar/sleeve faux pas just makes me laugh.  I remember when the pic was released and I said it was photoshopped.  People argued that it couldn't possibly be because of how realistic hand placement was, etc....but I think the mismatch is a sign that Nathan's head was pasted onto someone else's body.

Well his head being placed on the body wouldn't necessarily explain the collar/sleeve not matching.  I guess it could be an old picture and they were changing the shirt color to make it look different.

Well his head being placed on the body wouldn't necessarily explain the collar/sleeve not matching.  I guess it could be an old picture and they were changing the shirt color to make it look different.

It was definitely photoshopped and an old picture was used from season 5. Stana’s t-shirt thing was that red one and they have just changed the colour. I find it intriguing that in the season 6 pictures, not once did they ever take a picture of her wearing the engagement ring even though they already knew she would say yes. Instead they photoshop a ring onto an old promo picture.

(edited)

All shows, all posters, are photo shopped. But it's usually of the norm. W. Castle it's so overdone and noticeably so. They have to photo shop the actors together b/c they couldn't get them together to take a couple shots? Then they throw together these raggedy ass, obvious, photo shopped posters/photos and expect the fans to be happy? Nope. Screw that, you be happy w. that mess b/c I sure won't.  
Here's an idea for season 7 photo shoot ... get the whole cast together to take the group shot. Get Nathan and Stana together to take the poster shot. Pick a theme for the photos. Stop over photo shopping the actors to the point of plastic looking. How hard is that for someone who actually gets paid to do that?!

Edited by Samantha84
All shows, all posters, are photo shopped. But it's usually of the norm. W. Castle it's so overdone and noticeably so. They have to photo shop the actors together b/c they couldn't get them together to take a couple shots? Then they throw together these raggedy ass, obvious, photo shopped posters/photos and expect the fans to be happy?

All shows, all posters, are photo shopped. But it's usually of the norm. W. ABC shows it's so overdone and noticeably so.

Fixed that for you.

ABC is horrible with the posters for their shows. Grey's Anatomy has had overly photoshopped promo posters for seasons. Once Upon A Time's promo posters this past season were horrendous. Whoever is in charge with ABC's promo art department needs to take a long walk wherever they send Luke, because they're both noticably bad.

Scandal isn't bad. This season promo pics had a theme and they stuck to it:

Poster

Cast Photo

The Storm Is Coming [season 3 cast theme photos]

Entertainment Weekly Cast Photo

Yes, there is photo shop but not like Castle. The actors were all together top actually take the damn group shots [per their tweets]. There's a theme and just the actors thrown behind some old dreary, dark gray background. Or added an obviously fake NY skyline/background. Also the clothes match [aka sleeve and collars of actors/actresses match]. Castle cast shots the last 2 season have been crap-tastic, generic, and thrown together - like the person doesn't really give a damn. Just my opinion, of course. 

They have to photo shop the actors together b/c they couldn't get them together to take a couple shots? Then they throw together these raggedy ass, obvious, photo shopped posters/photos and expect the fans to be happy? Nope. Screw that, you be happy w. that mess b/c I sure won't.  

Promo photos aren't really for the fans, though, they're for the media. They have become a thing fans have latched onto in recent years, thanks to digital photos, the internet, and social media. And maybe some networks do take that into consideration now. But so far as I know, they still exist primarily for the press. (Which isn't the say the recent Castle ones have been any good, just that I doubt ABC "expects the fans to be happy"; I'm not sure they'd care). 

I'd say Scandal got lucky, then. The promo photos for Once Upon A Time were so bad this season, fans revolted and ABC pulled them down for a time.

My point is, ABC isn't targeting Castle. They're just really, really bad at encompassing the feel of any given show. Even the Scandal one in the rain is weird. Just because they have a theme doesn't mean they should use it.

• Love 1

Whilst I understand the promo shots might not be for the fans I still wish they didn't look so fake and awkward.  It's embarrassing how little creative thought seems to go into them by the marketing department at ABC.  You would think these people would want to look at their work afterwards and feel proud of it I know I would. I'm not getting excited about the S7 ones, they are bound to be much the same as before - photo shopped to hell and awkward looking. 

(edited)

Does this go here? I'm still getting used to this multiple threads thing.

Anyway, spoilers(? if they can be called that) from TVLine:

Question: Anything on Castle? The hiatus is already too long. —Rachael
Ausiello: Viewers will witness the immediate fallout from Rick’s fiery car wreck, confirms series creator Andrew Marlowe. Translation: no time jump. (And thus more Beckett wedding dress, albeit possibly singed.) “We feel like, given the way we left off, we have an obligation to start exactly where we ended,” explains the EP. “So we’ll be picking up in real time.”

Sounds like what Marlowe has said after the S4 and the S5 finale.

I almost wish they had filmed that when they filmed the end of S6, just because it's noticable that they stopped and started 3 months later in the jump between S5 and S6. I don't know what kind of continuation they're going to come up with - he can't have been in the car (because he has to survive), but he also can't come from behind a bush with a "just kidding, let's go get married!". Hmmm. I don't know how I want them to continue it, really.

Edited by McManda
(edited)
Does this go here? I'm still getting used to this multiple threads thing.

You're not the only one but I was coming here to post this so I guess it's the right place.

Hmmm. I don't know how I want them to continue it, really.

I'd know what I'd like to see immediately - Martha and Alexis turn up - because it bugs me that they seem to have been left behind and no one else was around including any cops or fire marshalls. It's bizarre they left the car burning! All done for effect I'm sure but it's still looks dumb. 

Meanwhile ABC has posted this tweet, he's alive! LOL 

This is what a Castle fan's morning looks like! Get Wild Storm now on http://ABC.com : http://abc.tv/1keMizU  pic.twitter.com/HoVTDAc1ki

Well I doubt it's them probably two of the writers but at least they took the trouble to make her wear a ring.

I wish they would do more of this, it's the little things like hand holding that I want to see. Typical they can do this on twitter for the fans but not on the actual show. 

Edited by verdana
(edited)
“We feel like, given the way we left off, we have an obligation to start exactly where we ended,” explains the EP.

Given the way they left off, they have an obligation to delver on a lot of things. ;)

After having their wedding day so cruelly ruined (and a horribly conceived prior drunken marriage for Beckett), they better doubly deliver on quality Caskett next season that hits the right emotional notes for once.  They're obliged to deliver on a passionate reunion and all the romantic, intimate moments we've missed on the way to their first wedding day. ;), and all the heightened emotional encounters which should come after a horrible experience like this.  No more tame, tepid, directionless, emotionless, dragging out the story stuff.   They should be seizing the damn day and living every day to the fullest after this.

They definitely should allow ample time for Martha & Alexis' reactions.  Would feel cheated if that's not done well.  Hey, they don't even need to write any dialogue. Just let their actors' faces do the talking. ;)   You really don't "kill" your main characters without having all the repercussions felt seriously.

So more budget will be blown on another burning car/house rental then?  As long as they do it right and save some money for the wedding/book event/society event down the road.  I don't need to see money spent on another huge high stakes episode with lots of ultimately meaningless explosions.

Hm... yeah, sometimes not quite sure whether to post stuff in the general discussion thread or the media thread.

Edited by madmaverick

Since AMW posted in the media I am posting comments here.  First agree with you madmaverick, what a sham and to say given the way we left of, means I don't have a clue how to fix this.  No word yet on who will be writing the opener, but hoping it is anyone other than MilMar, Heaven help whoever draws that straw.  To me if they don't come out of the gate with an EPIC episode, Marlowe and Castle are in trouble, especially with the competition in that time slot.  I think the wrath has been underestimated, or discounted and if the ship is not on course soon, it will begin to sink.  Unusually quiet from ALL writers on Social Media, save the political BS from AMW, so they may have been given gag orders to respect the process.  Also the Deavers, Tamila, Penny, and Jon All very quiet, Molly posted something and we get the normal comedic or attempts from NF.  Perhaps  TPTB spoke to AMW thus he sends out his proud of you tweet, to rally the troops.  Sounded like BS, but thinking about it more may be his attempt to regroup the writers, all are too good to produce the crap we got.  I still think that if FBOFW was written by anyone other than the "Boss" it would never have gotten past the draft stage.

• Love 1

Live+7 DVR Ratings: Complete 2013-14 Season 'The Big Bang Theory' Leads Adults 18-49 Ratings Increase; 'Raising Hope' Earns Biggest Percentage Increase, 'The Blacklist' Tope Viewership Gains at TVBTN

Castle is at #14.

Given the way they left off, they have an obligation to delver on a lot of things. ;)

Oh yeah, they sure do and with good reason after that fiasco of a finale. If Marlowe can't deliver on a meaningful, intense reunion between Caskett when the time comes then Marlowe needs to jack it in and doing something else. 

Hm... yeah, sometimes not quite sure whether to post stuff in the general discussion thread or the media thread.

There is also a separate spoiler thread.  Should news that is spoilers go there? Because then someone who doesn't read spoilers can still read the media thread and not have to worry.  I say this as someone who has gotten burned with things like that in the past.  For some reason I like reading spoilers about Castle though.

I mean, that TVLine thing is barely a spoiler so it can go anywhere.  I'm not even sure that's a new quote...didn't Marlowe also say something about no time jump right after the finale?

I mean, that TVLine thing is barely a spoiler so it can go anywhere.  I'm not even sure that's a new quote...didn't Marlowe also say something about no time jump right after the finale?

Yeah, it's pretty much non-news.

I don't know if Marlowe said anything about starting S7 directly after S6, but he's said something along those lines the last two summers (between 4 and 5/between 5 and 6), so it probably just sounds familiar.

This is what a Castle fan's morning looks like! Get Wild Storm now on http://ABC.com : http://abc.tv/1keMizU  pic.twitter.com/HoVTDAc1ki

I really like the simplicity and the domesticity of this photo. I think it was a good idea/theme.

(edited)

That TV Line article I don't consider a spoiler because it's merely confirming what Marlowe had already said in one of his post finale interviews. If it was something genuinely new pertaining to S7 then I'd put it in the spoiler thread.

Edited by verdana

That TV Line article I don't consider a spoiler because it's merely confirming what Marlowe had already said in one of his post finale interviews. If it was something genuinely new pertaining to S7 then I'd put it in the spoiler thread.

Oh, yeah, I think that article was fine to post here.  I was just thinking about in general.  A separate spoiler thread is one thing that was missing at TWOP.

While AM is out on Castle, it sounds like he landed upward, since he has the development deal, so it doesn't seem to be a consequence of the finale.

So, now the question is: Will the new boss be able to revitalize the show or will he just make it worse? Place your bets!

I literally gasped when I read the news on Facebook. I didn't think Marlowe would step down (or up, depending) and pass on day to day to someone else. I can't tell if it was his idea orABC's idea (based on fan feedback), or if it's good news or bad news for the longevity of the show.

Marlowe had some great episodes (usually with Terri) but had some really bad ones. Amann has had a much more level set of episodes - nothing super standout, but nothing so terrible awful (and his worst episodes were with Marlowe). I really don't know how things will go. I still hold to the idea that the devil you know if better than the devil you don't ... and I never, ever really thought it would ever be anyone but Marlowe.

(edited)

Well that's an announcement I wasn't expecting when I switched on my computer today and checked out tumblr. About time he took a back seat role, this was long overdue.  Makes me wonder though about S7 and will it be the last if they've replaced the showrunner, seems odd timing if it was only due to last one more season, why not let him carry on?

As for David Amann here are the episodes he's written:

- That ’70s Show (2014)
- In the Belly of the Beast (2014)
- Under Fire (2014)
- Disciple (2013)
- The Human Factor (2013)
- Target (2013)
- After the Storm (2012)
- Pandora (2012)
- Heroes and Villains (2011)
- Setup (2011)

- 3XK (2010)

His output tends to be more drama based and I don't find that's where Castle excels as a show. I'm not sure if him taking over will see any marked change in how Caskett are portrayed on the romance front which is what I want to see and Bowman is still there of course and he was as bad as Marlowe for his cheap stunts.  

However, I think the only way is up after that wretched finale, I'd had enough of Marlowe's tone deaf storytelling so this change is most welcome. 

I literally gasped when I read the news on Facebook. I didn't think Marlowe would step down (or up, depending) and pass on day to day to someone else. I can't tell if it was his idea orABC's idea (based on fan feedback), or if it's good news or bad news for the longevity of the show.

Marlowe had some great episodes (usually with Terri) but had some really bad ones. Amann has had a much more level set of episodes - nothing super standout, but nothing so terrible awful (and his worst episodes were with Marlowe). I really don't know how things will go. I still hold to the idea that the devil you know if better than the devil you don't ... and I never, ever really thought it would ever be anyone but Marlowe.

I think he was pushed, he's too arrogant to volunteer to hand over to someone else. I can't decide what it means for the show at this stage. Marlowe's writing had gone progressively downhill no matter who he collaborated with so I'm glad he's no longer going to be in charge. Of course it could all prove to be a false dawn and Amann screws it up even more but I'm willing to give him the chance to prove he can do a better job. 

Hasn't NCIS changed showrunner a number of times? It happens and they survive. Marlowe's initial idea was a good one but he lost steam creatively I thought around S4.

Edited by verdana
(edited)

It's my understanding that while Marlow is stepping down from the day to day running, he will still be a part of the creative direction of the show and will be around. 

Some shows change show runners and there is no real noticeable difference and then there are shows like Smallville that every time they changed show runners the focus and goals changed to the point it seemed like the years that came before were supposed to be ignored.  Of course in a comic book driven show with 70 years of history there were a lot of differing opinions on the direction it should go or end on.

I have to think that on Castle where the storylines are more spelled out with the week to week procedural mystery and character notes backed usually with a long reaching arc overall arc simmering in the background that we won't see any terribly drastic changes.  Maybe there might be more serious episodes but I doubt it since Castle has always felt like it alots only so many heavy episodes in a season.  I feel like that is part of the formula of the show and I don't think anyone is inclined to mess with it. 

Edited by BkWurm1

Stana is always so personable in one on one interviews.  Can't believe the interviewer asked her about getting together with Nathan though.  But she handled it.  LOL, shocked by the finale (forgotten marriage!) indeed.  I can just imagine Stana speed-dialing Marlowe after the read the script heh.  Wonder if he told her that crap about taking away Beckett's higher moral ground. ;)   And no to Castle babies, please.  It was fun to see to see them with a baby for 1 episode this season but that's enough.

(edited)

What happened to her hair there, being shallow that was my first thought.   

"Andrew Marlowe is going to let us know..." I wonder if that's still the case.

I bet she was shocked and I laughed at her comment about "still reeling" from what happened in the finale, I'd have been furious, she's always so polite. 

"she's (Beckett) very weird, she's very powerful, very dynamic." I love the interviewer because English isn't their first language so you always get some funny lines. 

Have to say that I don't see Kate as a "big dork" any more, she used to be but that's been replaced with increased glamour, sophistication and assuredness in all types of situations, there's very little awkward or dorky about Beckett now. That's Castle's job. 

She seems to have changed her attitude a bit about babies (on the show) she was all keen at Paley once although may be that was playing up to the audience. However, unless Stana gets pregnant I hope they stay away from this but I can see they'll be under pressure as soon as Caskett get married to go there. 

I love it when the guy says she's a very strong character she could be the "first name" and he's right, Beckett is the focal character on the show now. I hope that's one thing that might change with Amann coming on board that they might focus a little more on Castle and stop the regression of his character.

Her description of Castle being like "a little dessert after dinner" is quite a good one although I've found it not so appetising as in the past but for me the fact there is no continuity and every episode is a "separate package" which she sees as one reason why it's successful I find often works against it and doesn't aid my viewing experience. 

There Will Be Blood as one of her favourite movies, good choice but not one I thought she would pick. 

Edited by verdana