Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E01: May The Gods Of Good Pies Be With Us!

Donald Trump is back for a brand new season of "The Celebrity Apprentice." This is the seventh installment of "The Celebrity Apprentice" and the 14th season of "The Apprentice" series.

The celebrities create and sell pies for charity; members of the women's team complain about their project manager.

Keshia is damned if she does, damned if she does regarding Bill Cosby. Even though he has a fortune, I'm sure she doesn't want to open that can of worms.

I wonder if this was filmed prior to all the news about Bill Cosby was made public?  If so, I would imagine that she may have wanted to save that contact for when she may have needed really big money, like later into the competition? 

Geez, Kenya - are you an EXPERT at everything?  She is a "catchphrase" expert, and everything else - if she is so quick to criticize, why didn't she volunteer to be Project Manager? 

I'm sorry - I just don't get Gilbert Gottfried....I hope he can bring in the money! 

• Love 2

Don't Kenya and Brandi realize that they are actually in a pseudo "business meeting", and shouldn't be wearing party dresses with their breasts hanging out? 

So far, I'm liking Keshia, Viveca and Leeza on the womens' team.  Kenya is just as much of a bitch here as she is on Real Housewives (maybe more....)

Men's team - not sure yet, but really not liking Geraldo.  I like Ian, Kevin Jonas, and Johnny Damon at this point.

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

I did not recognize Lorenzo Lamas. I remember him from Falcon Crest, and that was a long time ago. I don't know what he's done to himself.

I know....he looks haggard!!  I also think there's been some plastic surgery done, too - (badly, I might add...).   ;-)

• Love 2

Does Ian know that the sharks and The Peach Pit aren't real? He kept talking about his experiences fighting sharks and working at The Peach Pit like those were real jobs he was doing, not parts he was playing.

• Love 13

I don't think Keisha actually "knows" Bill Cosby well enough to ask a favor.  People (Kenya, Trump and Piers) expect her, as a "Cosby Kid," to be able to call him up and get money but that was many years ago when she was a kid.  She has always been respectful of having worked with him but I never got the impression they were close or that he is someone she would actually have on her speed dial as an adult.  I doubt she even knows his number.  Yet, she can't come right out and say that as being a "Cosby Kid" and the assumption she has him in the bag is her calling card.

I also don't agree with Piers, because Jonas has a lot of Twitter followers, the ladies shouldn't waste their time on Twitter.  Does he know that they aren't the same Twittter followers and all his 'followers' might not come through for him?  Why concede a possible revenue source?  Just looking for something to complain about.

Hate that it is all who you know who has big bucks.  Totally not business acumen.

Edited by Bazinga
  • Love 13

Who is in charge? Donald Trump or Piers Morgan?? Goodness gracious, Piers was going all out as if it was his show. He was starting to grate. And it was clear that Keisha was trying to tactfully say that she and Bill Cosby aren't cool like that anymore and they should have left that alone. You could tell she was very uncomfortable.

Kate can go because she won't be able to bring in any funds and she has clearly practiced how to speak while in the boardroom. It is very fake and put on. I have no issues with her, but this is an act.

Piers has an axe to grind with Keisha for some reason.

• Love 7

I think with all the Cosby news lately we know now that Bill Cosby is not Cliff Huxable. Keisha said she didn't feel she could call Cosby because she is not in touch with him normally. He may not be all the warm and fuzzy (insert your own comments here) and she knew he would not be receptive to a call from her. Don't fire Keisha! Drag Brandi Granville in there! Fire her!

• Love 8

When Keshia got squirmy in the van as the others were asking if she'd call Cosby, I thought that maybe she had another reason she was uncomfortable calling him - besides just not being in contact with him for 5 years. KWIM? 

I know the man is innocent until proven guilty, but the thought crossed my mind.

H8 K8

• Love 23

They kept hounding Keshia about the amount of money brought in yet she brings Kate to the boardroom and they fire her instead.

If Geraldo's team lost and he brought in Lorenzo, it would have been a different story.  Sometimes I just hate this show..really.

I hate Kate..just by looking at her face and attitude.  I'm also not crazy about the Real Houswife..ugh..big mouth.

• Love 4

Ugh, I don't know if I can do this anymore. Having just finished the most recent season of the UK Apprentice, I don't know if I can tolerate how every single element of this version is much worse than the other. Donald Trump and Piers Morgan are such shitstains, the cast is largely unlikable, and the challenge was dull as dishwater. If I were a celebrity, I would just donate directly to my charity and preserve my dignity.

• Love 12

I can't stand Kate Gosselin.  

Recent Cosby news made watching this pretty uncomfortable.  I know it was filmed before things came out, but still. Yikes.

I don't recognize many of these "celebrities."

My husband just pointed out what if Keisha had somehow made it to the finale and Cosby was there or somehow prominently featured (since this show was taped a year ago)? Dodged a bullet there, show.

I wonder if Kevin Jonas is going to be this year's Clay Aiken: underestimated teenybopper who makes it far.

• Love 3

Kate can go because she won't be able to bring in any funds and she has clearly practiced how to speak while in the boardroom. It is very fake and put on. I have no issues with her, but this is an act.

Twice she thanked the board for allowing her to explain herself.  Such an obvious attempt at butt kissing. 

• Love 6

Does Ian know that the sharks and The Peach Pit aren't real? He kept talking about his experiences fighting sharks and working at The Peach Pit like those were real jobs he was doing, not parts he was playing.

Please, that's EYE-an.

Shut up, EYE-an. Do NOT make me root for Geraldo. I hate Geraldo. I will hurt you. EYE-an.

• Love 9

The teams seem really unevenly matched as far as notoriety.  I'm sure they get as "famous" celebrities as they can, but the men have quite a few much bigger names than the women, which is huge for these types of challenges, particularly with the added emphasis on social media.  I mean, can anyone really stand a chance against a Jonas brother?

Geraldo was obnoxious with his constant references to being a war correspondent.  I usually like when the cast members acknowledge that this is not actually hard work compared to an actual person's job, or some of their real jobs, but he was talking like he was getting shot at in the desert yesterday.  No one else made much of an impression yet.  

I felt a little bad for Keisha, but it seemed like she just went along with being project manager because someone suggested it, so maybe she shouldn't have gone ahead with it.  It sucks when money doesn't come through, and I appreciate that she didn't want to make a call asking for money from someone she hasn't had much contact with - that's a decent thing to do.  I know this was filmed way before all the Cosby allegations came back up, but we don't know how that type of publicity may have affected her opinion of him over the years as well.

Edited by Ffiferoo
  • Love 1

I am _so_ looking forward to Kate being a losing PM.

Beyond that, I've always been a Shawn Johnson fan and I'm glad she survived. As a Red Sox fan, I'm ambivalent about Johnny Damon but I hope he survived long enough for the Yankees to get back from spring training (how much could Derek Jeter write a check for?)

• Love 2

Agree the Cosby stuff was uncomfortable.  They could have edited some of that out.  

I don't mind Ian correcting Geraldo on the pronunciation of this name, even if it's not a common way to do it.  After all, if someone said JER-aldo I'm sure he would have done the same. But I didn't like Geraldo's "yeah, whatever" attitude.  

The celebrity is pretty thin with this group so I wasn't expecting much on the fundraising task and they about met my expectations.  As mentioned upthread, there seems to be more...self-awareness withing the show, contestants and even Trump/minions this season.  I'm thinking this will be the last.  I didn't realize they're going back to one hour episodes and burning them off back-to-back.  

Rudy Huxtable vs. Geraldo Rivera.

It's a funny old world.

Please.  This show has nothing on the Surreal Life.  When they get something close to matching Ron Jeremy living with Tammy Faye Baker then I'll be impressed.   :)

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 14

A lot has occurred since this season was filmed. Not only is Bill Cosby in trouble, but the Cake Boss was arrested for DWI. I wish they could have edited out half of tonight's show. And of course Joan Rivers died, but I am glad they will show the two episodes she is in.

I don't watch the Real Housewives but I already can't stand either of those women.

• Love 6

Had a friend over who really wanted to watch this show and has watched past seasons while I have not. Trump is someone who annoys the heck out of me and I have no interest in his preening. I won,t be watching more of the season, but after watching this one, my take away is that Kate Gosselin ( never watched her show with all the kids) is just an unlikeable, pretentious poser. Seeing her described on the show as a "tv personality and author" was cringeworthy. While I'm sure she wants a high paying "celebrity" job on TV, she needs to go home, stay out of the limelight and go back to a nursing job. And, since she has obviously spent a lot on plastic surgery, cosmetic procedures and personal maintenance, perhaps cutting way back on that and saving some of that money might be a wise idea.

Edited by CathInAZ
  • Love 4

I saw this thread and realized I'd missed the program tonight.

Then I read the thread and realized I can't watch it at all. I hate all these people, including Trump, Piers and Joan Rivers.  The "celebrities" are minor celebs with ridiculously inflated egos (esp. the ones from reality shows) and most of the people on this show (inc the three above, I find obnoxious in the extreme). A few (Nick Jonas, one or two others) may seem nice enough, even competent, and wear well over time. But those aren't who the editors are going to be focusing on. It's going to be "the drama" and "the crazy"--combined with tasks I hate that are all about "who can raise the most money from their wealthy friends." The show makes tons of money and can give tons to the winning charity. The tasks themselves, imo, shouldn't be about calling in favors from your friends. They should be fun and creative business challenges.

I'd forgotten how much I hate Donald Trump and dislike his show. Thanks for the reminder!

• Love 8

I may be the only one but Geraldo didn't bother me this episode. I know he's an arrogant, d-word but he seemed tolerable this task. The Jones brother came across as a real ass to me, spoiling for a fight for no good reason. Ian too.

Kate Gosselin is a real bitch huh? Kenya not coming across well this time. Brandi almost sounded sensible. Keisha seemed sweet but she really should have expected that Cosby question, at least been better prepared for it. Piers may be a d-word but his criticism was correct. If you take on a fundraising task, you HAVE to have the money to win.

• Love 5

It's going to be "the drama" and "the crazy"--combined with tasks I hate that are all about "who can raise the most money from their wealthy friends." The show makes tons of money and can give tons to the winning charity. The tasks themselves, imo, shouldn't be about calling in favors from your friends. They should be fun and creative business challenges.

I watched tonight but don't think I'll continue. I hate the phone-a-friend-for-money concept, too. I largely tuned in to see if I could see any redeeming qualities in Brandi but I think I'll have to move along. There's nothing to see here.

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 4

Please.  This show has nothing on the Surreal Life.  When they get something close to matching Ron Jeremy living with Tammy Faye Baker then I'll be impressed.   :)

Ron and Tammy were the best BFFS ever!! 

That said, I was happy to see the show back. It is one of my favorites.

As much as I like Keisha, she was the right choice to be fired. She was the PM, she counted the money instead of supervising the tasks, and still stammered when asked how much was brought in. She didn't organize it well, and as wellspoken as she is, she really didn't directly answer any of the questions she was asked. It was noted by team members AND board members that there was chaos in their workplace, and Cosby aside, bc I don;t think her feet should have been held to the flame over that, it didn't seem that she enforced the right priorities (fundraising) as PM or maximized her resources as well as she could have. As problematic as some people find Kate to be, Kate was not the reason they lost the challenge, the PM was. And what was with bringing Jaimie back to the boardroom?

It was very nice of Trump to give Keisha $25K for her charity. He seemed to genuinely like her (and why not?) and was sorry to have to let her go. 

Edited by newyawk
  • Love 5

I might be OCD....i couldn't stand kevin jonas opening the packet with his mouth and pouring it into the pot? Yuck! His germs went into the pot!

I also hate for people to open ketchup packets with their mouth....imagine all the hands that have handled the packets in the restaurant.

I remember when Jonas and his wife had their TV show. They had these small dogs that ran around pissing and shitting all over the white carpet in the bedroom. Ugh

I noticed a lot of celebs dogs are not housebroken. Why???

• Love 5

What first struck me was all the plastic facial surgery.  I fear that we view these celeb faces with such regularity that Mr. Potato Cat Face is no longer even snarkworthy.

Second, wow what a cast of catty famewhores.  If backstabbing, name calling, yelling and lack of sheer logic is not your cuppa, then you might want to exit now.  The RH women alone are going to pull the pin on the grenade and jump in, not walk away.  Brandi was the reason I had to stop watching RHBH....literally there was shrill screaming on every episode.  I'm scared.

Lorenzo Lamas?  Every time I see him, I think of my spirit animal.

Not all of the challenges are fund raiser dominant so it allows other non cash cows to lead.  If Keisha had seen the show, she would have known this.  Fund raiser with 30K?  Never.  I like the fight she put up at the end though.  I actually thought for 3 seconds that Trump might keep her and fire the quiet girl because the show normally needs drama but this season?  No extra drama necessary.  Fur will fly.

• Love 7

I am still trying to figure out why these people with reality shows are considered "celebrities". Never watch any of the RH shows so have no idea who they are..unfortunately, I know who Kate Gosselin is & cannot stand the woman. Why is Trump allowing her to stay relevant by bringing her on the show. And what was that whining she did about spending so much time in court. Mr. Tostandon dozed during the show...woke up to Kate trying to sound intelligent when she was kissing Trump's ass..said "who the hell is that...she sounds like an idiot.". Kate seems to be really out of her element here..always thanking Trump. Cannot wait to see her fired.

The men's team has a lot more big names. I figured it was the Cosby girl who was fired...when they were showing previews of the season, they showed Kate & Geraldo together..she, of course, had to comment about her 8 kids.

Kevin Jonas got on my nerves big time. He damn well better be perfect when he is PM. He sure was critical of Geraldo

And who cares how many Twitter followers he has...they are groupies. It turned my stomach too when he opened that package with his mouth..didn't he blow in it too?

Edited by alegtostandon
  • Love 2

I cracked up when one of the guys said that there were all these teenaged girls screaming over Kevin Jonas. And you see a bunch of well-behaved, calm women waiting in line to buy pies. The only one "screaming" was the guy imitating what he thought was going to happen.

So far, I'm not impressed with this group. And I've only seen or heard of a few of them . A number of the women look

alike to me, I have no idea what they're famous for.

• Love 1

In retrospect it would have been perfect if Keisha would have tried to call Cosby and he didn't respond.  At least she would have tried.

As much as I hate Brandi that was her hair salon she is always pimping that donated the $10,000.00 to the women's team.  Once again we heard Brandi get caught in an "incorrect perception" of what someone else in this case Kate had done.   

• Love 3

In retrospect it would have been perfect if Keisha would have tried to call Cosby and he didn't respond.  At least she would have tried.

It would of been. I'm surprised she didn't try to contact him before the show started airing. Her whole claim to fame/reason to be on the show is because she was Rudy Huxtable.

• Love 2

The people on reality shows tend to be ok with drama for dramas sake because they know the camera doesn't want to watch them on the couch eating Cheetos. So then they take part in a storyline...and then try to outdo each other with the name calling. Brandi loves to say things just for effect then play the victim. She's a train wreck and is well casted for this show for drama. Have never seen the Atlanta housewives but I guess they are even worse, which is scary.

I've never see Kate plus 8 but I guess her being on here just keeps extending her 15 minutes of fame. She was on DWTS a too. She needs her roots done.

Vivica looks like a firecracker too.

Ivanka looks lovely as always. She's just so darn pretty!

Is there a singer this year?

The women are such the underdogs in terms of fundraising it's not even funny. Olympic athletes do not equal ex-nfl and mba players with regard to friends with deep pockets. And what's with the over representation of reality stars on the womens team? Who the hell is Kate plus eight going to call? Other moms in the pta? Is her charity her own damn family?

But I digress.

The men have a very diverse group of celebs that appeal to a wide cross section of people (sex, age, interests, etc)... The females, not so much. I'd be joining Shawn and would try to defect to Vortex.

• Love 2
Lorenzo Lamas?  Every time I see him, I think of my spirit animal.

I've never seen Lorenzo outside of that show and he has forever earned my goodwill just for that.

Overall, an okay beginning. Can't believe we had to wait a whole two years for another Celebrity Apprentice but maybe that's good since my anger from last season pretty much has melted away, ready to be reignited by the likes of Kate Gosselin et al.

My favorite part of the whole show is the task part anyway, so maybe I should just stop watching after the first hour--perhaps the enjoyment level will go way up (plus, less Donald).

• Love 2

Ah.  We got the "C" word right off ("Cosby").  Burnett and Trump probably cock-a-doodle-doed over the timing of the Cosby scandal relative to this premiere.  It landed JUST right for them.

Gerlado is just as big a blowhard as I'd anticipated.  Gilbert, as I also anticipated, is handling this like one long comedy performance. Lorenzo Lameass is just as lame as I'd thought he'd be. The surprise to me is what a prick Jone-ass turned out to be.  And Ian The Zero?  Not a bit surprised he's a waste of oxygen.

Kate Gosselin can go fuck herself-she's not acting like she is for the cameras--I think she's just naturally a waste of space.  Kenya Moore is another one, like Gilbert, who's constantly putting on a performance--except she doesn't even have the benefit of punchlines.  Brandi Whatshername?  I know she was there, and was the more boring Housewife.  That's about it.  Leeza Gibbons seems to be the big dog here--that lady has quietly built up a lot of influence.

Back to Gerry The Mustache Clown.  Hilarious hearing him constantly referring to himself as a War Correspondent.  Something he truly did, sure.  But Gerry? It's been DECADES.  You know who you are these days, Gerry? A guy who's first two contributors were Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity (blech!).

I've also got to confess to being fascinated by this narrative that Gilbert somehow has no access to people with money (and that people actually BUY that). First lets talk about Gilbert himself.  He has a rep for being personally cheap.  But I think at least some of that was generated as part of the shtick he did for Celebrity Wife Swap. But even if it IS true... that doesn't mean he doesn't have money.  A decade of being the Afflac duck alone (before he got fired) made him rich, and he's landed so many other gigs, he's got plenty of dough.

Then add in the people he knows from the comedy circuit.  He's got Seinfeld, Whoopie, Billy Crystal, before she passed Joan Rivers, Louis CK.. I could keep going. Anyone who's a name in comedy would answer a call from Gilbert, many would come over to appear gratis, and a few might even write checks. Gilbert has more potential access to money than MOST of these celeb contestants, in fact.  Frankly Joe Piscopo showing up?  Means Gilbert was barely trying.

Then as we saw, Gilbert has commercial contacts.  Literally commercials. Even if he burned bridges with Afflac, he's done voiceovers for so many other companies, there's a list there.  Modell's was just the first of many he could have in his pocket.

This was filmed early last year, long before the scandal broke. Thankfully.

It kind of fascinates me that without fail, there's always a certain percentage of viewers who seem to think reality shows were filmed a few days before we saw them!

The tip off in the episode itself had to be the weather we saw (and the talk about how cold a winter it was).  

Drink every time there's an awkward Cosby reference. Post-production, you couldn't have edited a few of those out? Really uncomfortable to watch now.

Because this is reality TV, and they're ratings driven, they're more likely to add them IN, not take them out.

• Love 3