Type keyword(s) to search

Head Canon: What Does Yours Say?

jaytee1812

In different thread I've seen people talk about their head canon and I've talked about mine. So what does yours say? Nothing that's explicitly contradicted about canon.

Mine says:

After their senior lock in Tina and Sam had an awful one night stand.

Tina went crazy her senior year because she couldn't handle her break up with Mike. Mike couldn't handle it either that's why he kept coming back. And the previous year's they were at it like bunny rabbits any chance they got.

The Puckerman's have lots more half-siblings out there.

Jake isn't straight, not necessarily gay, but I didn't think he was straight either.

Blaine is secretly still in love with Sam but 'settles' for Kurt as he cant have Sam.

Brittany cheats on Santana with guys and doesn't think it's cheating because 'the plumbing's different.'

• Love 1

At this point I could stop after opening night of Funny Girl.

Rachel stays on Bway, Santana and Mercedes recording songs, Kurt is big man on NYADA campus and is not living with Blaine (they later drift apart).  Rest are busy at college happy and healthy.

• Love 2

Brittany cheats on Santana with guys and doesn't think it's cheating because 'the plumbing's different.'

You know my Brittana-loving heart hates this, BUT - totally fair game.  :)

My favorite headcanon - and one that can be really entertaining in early episodes - is that Brittany just plays stupid and is actually trolling everyone with her remarks.  The best episode for this lens is Comeback, because it really works that she's just screwing with Rachel.  

• Love 2

Maybe I've always misunderstood what a head canon is, but I thought it was more the way you explain to yourself what is happening in canon (even if the writers don't). Some of these seem more like Alternate Universe ideas/wishful thinking.

In my head canon, Kurt was totally overwhelmed by the pressure to say yes to the proposal despite his head saying "Fuck No!"

From his father saying life is too short, to Rachel and Santana flying in for the occasion , and every choir joining in to push the issue, I think Kurt was having regrets almost immediately.

• Love 5

In my head canon, Kurt was totally overwhelmed by the pressure to say yes to the proposal despite his head saying "Fuck No!"

From his father saying life is too short, to Rachel and Santana flying in for the occasion , and every choir joining in to push the issue, I think Kurt was having regrets almost immediately.

On the flip side of that I think Blaine did the huge public proposal so Kurt couldn't say no.

• Love 3

My headcanon is that Burt never found out that Blaine cheated.

Because if he did know he would have gone all Lima Heights on Blaine instead of bringing him to New York at Christmas (and all the other stuff Burt did and will do concerning Klaine).

Edited by Glorfindel
  • Love 4

Mine is no matter what crappy ending RC says he had planned, Finn was going to decide that he wanted to go to school away from Lima (per his original story) and so he did - whether it was in NY or some other location as long as it was away from Lima.  He may have chosen to return there some day but he was never just going to "learn to accept" that it was his fate to never leave that place, not even for college.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

My head canon is that Tina got chemically and mentally imbalanced after contracting the Asian Bird flu Sebastian alluded to back in Season 3. It explains her increasingly bizarre and shrill behavior.

Edited by caracas1914

My head cannon (i think this constitutes a head cannon) is about the :"3-Way Prom Date (But Not The Dirty Kind)" that Sam, Rachel and Mercedes went on. First of all we saw that Jesse kind of tagged along. And we know that a few episodes later Sam and Mercedes are dating seemingly out of nowhere (and secretly at that). Well my head cannon is that when they got to Prom, Rachel was so caught up in her Finn/Jesse drama (them fighting over her, getting slapped by Quinn) and reveling in the drama of it all that Sam and Mercedes pretty much ended up on a two person date at prom. Both had more fun then they expected. Mercedes thought Sam was goofy but sweet and a gentleman and made her smile. Sam got to see the real Mercedes without all the diva behavior and realized she could be kind of silly too, she just has to be comfortable around you to show it. And he liked doing his impressions for someone who didn't think they were dumb. Anyway Jesse ended up taking Rachel home so Sam and Mercedes left together (maybe they walked home?) had a nice talk, had fun, laughed and found them self flirting and both were thinking, "what the heck is going on here?" No kiss that night though. And I also think they bonded over their faith because Sam along with Quinn I believe were said to be churchgoers. Mercedes may have help make him feel normal and good about himself, with all the stress he was going through being homeless. Maybe she helped babysit his brother and sister.

And they started meeting at the Lima Bean in secret, because neither one of them are very good at sneaking around because, hello! everyone they know, who are also some of the biggest gossips and busybodies go to the Lima Bean. LOL! Not a goodsecret meeting spot guys! LOL!  And my further head cannon is that when Kurt and Blaine saw them there, and they both stammered through that ridiculous explanation, that Kurt totally picked up on the vibe, and filed it away and told himself to make sure he busted Mercedes at their next sleepover, cause it's Kurt! He would notice. Blaine on the other hand didn't notice a thing.

I could not be mad at this! LOL!

My head cannon for Santana is that Lima Heights Adjacent is just the slightly less affluent subdivision of Lima Heights. The houses there only have two car garages instead of three, so she thinks she comes from the tough part of town! LOL!

• Love 2

That Sam/Mercedes head canon honestly just seems more like filling in the blanks to me because I definitely thought, from the reveal of the secret romance in the season finale, that it was more than likely they spent most of Prom night hanging out and bonding while Rachel got caught up in her Finn/Jesse drama. I mean from the Prom itself, Jesse was shown all over Rachel which is what pissed Finn off so I can definitely believe she spent a good chunk of the night with him while Mercedes and Sam hung out.

My head canon about the Kurt and Blaine engagement is that Blaine proposed because he was desperate to prove to Kurt how truly sorry he was about cheating and how it would never happen again and how committed he was to him and in the immature mind of a teenage boy, he translated that to having to do the ultimate commitment, i.e. marriage.

Kurt said yes because he felt some pressure to do so because yes, with all his friends and family and loved ones there and the elaborate proposal he felt he couldn't say no, but I also believe there was a part of him that got swept up in the magic of the moment. I have heard so many stories about that when it comes to public proposals - it's not just the people who feel pressured to say yes because they're put on the spot and don't want to embarrass the other person but there are also the people who get swept up in the whole production/fanfare, etc. And then later of course regret saying yes. 

It would certainly be karma for Santana who happily helped Brittany cheat on Artie, with her, using that same excuse. 

My favorite headcanon - and one that can be really entertaining in early episodes - is that Brittany just plays stupid and is actually trolling everyone with her remarks.

I have believed this since Season 3 which is about the time I started disliking the character. I totally believe she's completely manipulative and plays dumb to get away with being a horrible person and not getting called out for it. My head canon is that Brittany is as bad if not worse than Santana but Santana wears her bitch proudly while Brittany hides behind her dumb schtick. 

Blaine is secretly still in love with Sam but 'settles' for Kurt as he cant have Sam.

My head canon is that both Blaine and Kurt are settling, not because Blaine is in love with Sam, because I never thought he was. I think he was just physically attracted to him as he would any attractive guy he's really close to just as I think on some level Kurt was attracted to Elliot. I think they're both settling because to quote Kacey Musgraves in her awesome song Merry Go Round "we think first time's good enough so we hold on to high school love..." On some level they both think they're not going to find anyone better which is so unbelievably sad and depressing (I bet there's an awesome fanfic out there with this premise but sadly I don't really read fanfics). 

That said, despite how distant and weird they were when Kurt came back to Lima at the end of Season 4, my head canon says the real reason Kurt and Adam ended is because Kurt was still hooking up with Blaine the whole time. Don't ask me to explain the logistics with them in separate places, maybe it was a lot of phone sex but it would explain why he could never fully move on if he still had that connection going. Also, I totally think Kurt and Adam eventually had sex and it sucked which probably just convinced Kurt even more that it wasn't going to work out between them. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 2

My head canon is that Quinn had a nervous breakdown in the summer between S2 and S3 and everything since S3E1 has taken place in her head, because some of these plotlines could ONLY come from the mind of a lunatic.  In the last episode, the camera will pan back to show her staring into a snow globe containing a tiny replica of the choir room, a la the ending of St. Elsewhere.

• Love 4

After last night's episodes my head canon says after being forced out of McKinley Jake and Marley had to leave school, there was no other public school and a waitress and a dinnerlady ain't paying for private school.

So Jake and Marley (who are just really good friends now) saved up and moved to New York. They work servers jobs etc, but he's getting work dancing and she's making money as a singer. So they're the ones getting performing careers in New York!

• Love 1

My head canon says that Quinn and Brittany came to Finns funeral, but decided not to come back to McKinley for his memorial week. Quinn probably didn't come because it was emotionally devastating to her, and she wanted to try to move on. Brittany didn't come because MIT wouldn't let her take time off to go back to Ohio so soon after the funeral.

Edited by LeeLeePanda
  • Love 4

My head canon says that Quinn and Brittany came to Finns funeral, but decided not to come back to McKinley for his memorial week.

Yeah, my head cannon was always that Quinn was at the funeral. I believe in his voice over Kurt said it had been 3 week since the funeral, so that's a quick turnaround time.

In my head canon Samcedes are endgame. :)

Mine too! :-)

• Love 2

Also, Will's statement thanking them for coming back, when they were all in the choir room, pretty much suggested that everyone was at the funeral but these were the only ones who could make it back for the special tribute he put together.

(edited)

So my head canon after the finale is that Tina and Artie have split up, given they don't even look at each other during I Lived.

I think Ryder and Unique are together, I assume that's why they were holding hands, which would actually be quite sweet. (Although I think the real life reason might be the size of Alex' heels and him not wanting to break his neck)

I also think Puck and Quinn have split which is fine, I never bought them lasting passed Quinn's graduation.

Edited by jaytee1812

My head canon says it ended at the end of season three, which was really the end of the only story I'm convinced they had any real interest in telling.  After that it became more spur of the moment whatever RIB thought of that week.  They really weren't interested in exploring anybody's  arc in depth in NYC, and the stuff with the newbies and New New Directions had nowhere interesting to go after the slow but inevitable rise of the originals.  In short, they had no idea what to do.  It ended in season three.  

Edited by vb68

My head canon says that after winning Regionals in Season 6, Will was able to convince Unique, Jake, Marley and Ryder to return to WMHS and this allows New Direction to have the complete set of 12 performers for the team. This allows New Direction to break away from The Warblers and it is solely New Direction winning Nationals in S6. This allows those 4 to experience the joy of winning Nationals as well. Originals Newbies are just hidden by The Warblers who were allowed to progress to Nationals due to also winning Regionals as a supergroup (Clause 673.2 Paragraph 8 of the show choir rule book).