Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E11: Epitaph

Jiggle Billy

Looking forward to the episode, I think it's gonna be great. David blaming Emily for this "mess" is ridiculous though, I mean who came back to the Hamptons and brought the whole Malcom Black thing with him in the first place? Now he is playing big daddy in cleaning up, but before that he couldn't even see it coming, because the most important thing to him was killing Victoria (after saving her life twice ^^). The only "mess" is David as a character, unfortunately.

• Love 4

I'm getting tired of all the menfolk (save poor Daniel) suddenly deciding that Emily is some fragile flower who must be protected from everyone including herself at all costs. I'd like to see her snap at some point and go off to her father (at least) about exactly what she's capable of. And I'd like to see her do it in a way that leaves him and anyone else with his idiotic philosophy with absolutely no illusions about how she does not need to be "handled".

• Love 5

So, Victoria is just going to pretend she never told Malcom Black's daughter (whose name I already forget) who Emily was and set this whole thing in motion, isn't she? I was annoyed at David's reaction to the whole thing as well.  Many things are Emily's fault but the Malcom Black stuff isn't.

I was worried that we were going to start seeing Margot's revenge plan on Emily, but the previews look like we are getting back to Emily and take downs.

• Love 3

Margeaux's righteous indignation made me roll my eyes. I wish someone would tell her Daniel shot Emily at point-blank range on their wedding dress because he was drunk and angry. I don't buy that Daniel and Margeaux were "in love".  Seems like Daniel was too damaged to really love anyone.

Liked David's comeback for Victoria when she tried to walk away/out on him in disgust. 

Did I miss something? What was in that envelope from the dead agent Kate's room, that Victoria asked Crazy Red Head to destroy? Btw, Margeaux was convinced she'd tried to kill her with that sauna stunt, so why wasn't she forbidden from the funeral too? I appreciate though that little sis wasn't there to whine about her life, and be a pain at the funeral.

Slightly amused that Jack's partner said he was going to the crime scene because he's Emily's "friend," and that he's unlikely to get that promotion now that his boss got knifed by Malcolm Black. So I guess that business about a bloodbath in Miami (huh?) didn't throw him off about Kate going missing. 

• Love 3

"Hold my hand. Don't let go." [Emily slams her arm back into socket] Like a boss! Yeah, that was awesome.

And her second police interview with Ben. Nailed it! That was a thing of beauty.

I was annoyed at all the stupid things they had people doing to get the plot moving, though. David leaves the KEYS in the door of the van he's stashed a dead body, Nolan leaves all the stuff pilfered from the hotel room laying around so Louisa can root through it... David's been doing stupid shit ever since he got back but Nolan? He's smarter than that.

And I really wish Emily had asked David WHY when he'd said he was going to kill Victoria before. I really wish they would freaking communicate. I mean, he spent the whole episode yelling at Emily for this new shitstorm being her fault and it wasn't at all.

• Love 6

I miss the fact that there's no end game for this show now. In the first season or two, you could envision Emily taking down everyone, Victoria going down in a blaze of crazy and her reuniting with her dad (because we all knew he was coming back). Now we have the Ellis family and the Crazy Canadian. Emily lost Aiden, she lost her fertility and she lost any real reason to get revenge. It really feels like this show is going to limp along to the point where ABC puts it on VOD because the ratings aren't worth airing.

• Love 3

Chibs! If we can get an appearance from Charlie Hunnam's butt, I may be open to forgiveness for all of the shark jumping on both shows.

But back to this show, Victoria and David both have nerve blaming Emily for any of what happened. I'm not sure if the show will make it another season, but with any hope both of them will be gone by the end of this one.

• Love 3

It is ridiculous the extent to which these characters are going to protect themselves from "Malcolm Black". Emily and Nolan literally have billions of dollars at their disposal and have taken down an international terrorist cabal in the past. They could hire a 24/7 security team, or change their identities along with their loved ones and leave the country.

But instead they opt to drag Daniel's name through the mud and dig themselves into a convoluted coverup that will inevitably unravel anyway. First the writers kill him off and now they don't even let him have an honourable death? This show has really lost me.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 5

First the writers kill him off and now they don't even let him have an honourable death? This show has really lost me.

I would argue that after he shot Emily he doesn't deserve an honourable death. Daniel was not a good guy.

• Love 5

Has anything been confirmed about Malcolm Black? Like his motivations or why he's the big bad? From how I understand it, we have David saying he was worse than Conrad and he might like to kick puppies or something.

I love that Emily immediately got offended when Jack said she was struggling during the police interview. How dare you insult her revenging skills, Jack?! As usual, I hate whenever characters have Super Sekrit conversations around other people. In this case, Jack was telling Emily she was struggling WHILE THE POLICE WERE STILL IN HER HOUSE. They weren't even in a room with the door closed. You could see the police walking around behind them in the other room.

Despite the fact that Jack is a police officer, he was still dumb enough to go into Kate's hotel room and touch things with his bare hands (and he also picked up that huge pot on Emily's patio with his bare hands before throwing it through the glass door). I know that he had a legit excuse to have his fingerprints in there since he was dating her, but still. Nolan was smart enough to wear gloves.

What was with Louise at Daniel's funeral? Between the extreme amount of cleavage and the fishtail braid (which I was brought up to believe is more of a beach look), I was like guuuuuurrrrrrl, come on! This is a funeral! Interesting that she is buddies with Nolan but still loyal to Victoria. How much do you want to bet that she won't burn that envelope and it will come back to bite some people in the ass?

I have no interest in seeing Margaux get her revenge on. The only good thing to come of Malcolm Black so far is that he stabbed the police chief who was annoying (although he was right to call David sketchy). Sorely disappointed that Malcolm Black isn't the Canadian cousin of John Black on Days of Our Lives or Sirius Black. If he could change into a wolf, I might be willing to accept him. Otherwise, I will be glad to see the end of him.

Although I haven't been a Jack fan, Nick Wechsler did a great job looking shady as hell throughout this episode while around the police.

I was so annoyed with both David and Victoria blaming Emily for Daniel and Kate being dead. You two fools are the ones at fault so STFU.

Harsh that they didn't let Charlotte come home for Daniel's funeral but at the same time I was so glad I didn't have to see her.

• Love 1

It is ridiculous the extent to which these characters are going to protect themselves from "Malcolm Black". Emily and Nolan literally have billions of dollars at their disposal and have taken down an international terrorist cabal in the past. They could hire a 24/7 security team, or change their identities along with their loved ones and leave the country.

After the story of Malcolm killing and unnecessarily torturing the family of some driver who crippled a relative, he's obviously supposed to be Keyser Soze. The reality is that he will only be as badass as the writers let him, because he can't kill the star or Victoria. Maybe they'll let him kill Charlotte or Nolan or Jack or something.

Has anything been confirmed about Malcolm Black? Like his motivations or why he's the big bad? From how I understand it, we have David saying he was worse than Conrad and he might like to kick puppies or something.

I guess we're supposed to take David's word for it, re: the arms dealing, torture and murder, but we did see him kill the police chief. But assuming Malcolm is as evil/vindictive as he's painted, wouldn't David assume they were all in danger the second he revealed he was alive on national television?

Edited by RedInk
  • Love 3

I had totally forgotten the death of Daniel and it made me feel so sad. I think it's because he saved Emily in the end. Anyhou, now I am afraid for Jack and Nolan.

Emily is the star and dav is her dad so I think they might be safe for a while. But the thought of the other two being captured or tortured by that Malcom guy fills me with dread.

BTW do any of you think Jack will ever find out the kid he has been raising is not his and Emily knew all along?

BTW do any of you think Jack will ever find out the kid he has been raising is not his and Emily knew all along?

That's Jack's son. Emily told Amanda he wasn't (for reasons I can't remember ) but then later told her the truth.

I had totally forgotten the death of Daniel and it made me feel so sad. I think it's because he saved Emily in the end. Anyhou, now I am afraid for Jack and Nolan.

Emily is the star and dav is her dad so I think they might be safe for a while. But the thought of the other two being captured or tortured by that Malcom guy fills me with dread.

Carl is Jack's bio son with fauxmanda. Emily lied to fauxmanda about Carl's paternity to hurt her.

After the story of Malcolm killing and unnecessarily torturing the family of some driver who crippled a relative, he's obviously supposed to be Keyser Soze. The reality is that he will only be as badass as the writers let him, because he can't kill the star or Victoria. Maybe they'll let him kill Charlotte or Nolan or Jack or something.

Since this is a network tv soap opera I don't think there will be any torture, nor will he kill Nolan or Jack (who cares about Charlotte).  If he gets to kill any of the main characters, I hope it's David and Victoria.  I'm so sick of each of them blaming Emily for what happened.  Victoria is totally to blame for her own son's death.  Doesn't she look sad and pitiable in her mourning, though.

Yes, we certainly will see that picture of Emily again that was in agent Kate's possession.  How lame was it that Victoria didn't insist on destroying it herself.  Sure, she trusts Louise with it (sane, stable Louise, who is probably also Malcolm Black's daughter). 

Not only was it unbelievable that Nolan left all that stuff just lying around (and without having looked at it) but he has the makings for a pie in his kitchen?

Edited by SierraMist
  • Love 3

I hope Black starts by killing off Margaux.  She really annoys me.

I hate to say it, but I feel the same way.  It's hard to beleive I really liked Margeaux for most of last year.  But once she got together with Daniel, it was like everything intriguing and rootworthy about her just dissolved.  Even as Daniel started working to be a better person, she continued to suck harder.  By last night, I just wanted to slap her.

• Love 2

I feel bad for Emily, because David and Margeaux's vitriole is misdirected at her. David is an idiot, we've covered that, but I understand for Margeaux. She's totally in the dark. She knows Emily's story is bullshit, Victoria is being all "I hate Emily with the fire of 1000 suns but will not negate her story" so of course Margeaux is going to think Emily is behind everything. I just hope she learns the truth soon.

Also, someone pointed it out upthread but yeah, what was up with Margeaux being okay with Louise at the funeral? Attempted murderers are acceptable?

• Love 1

I understand Margeaux's feelings in this instance, it's just that she as a character has become incomprehensible.  She loved Daniel and knew he no longer had any animosity for Emily so of course she's angry and confused.  But the path to her loving Daniel was totally bizarre and inconsistent to me and I now just sort of want to slap her on principal every time she does or says anything that reminds me of the trajectory of her character once she was around Daniel all the time.

And yes, it is ridiculous that Margeaux could tollerate Louise's presence with equinimity.  They indicated that if was Victoria's call who was at the funeral and i get that Victoria would want her around becuase she's currently playing her. But I can't imagine Margeaux didn't object.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 1

Harsh that they didn't let Charlotte come home for Daniel's funeral but at the same time I was so glad I didn't have to see her.

You know a character is hated when viewers are glad she didn't come back for something as serious as her brother's funeral. I keep waiting for the writers to reveal that David Clark is actually the bad guy so that Emily can see she's done all of this revenging for nothing.

• Love 3

what was up with Margeaux being okay with Louise at the funeral? Attempted murderers are acceptable?

Apparently you are only banned from the funeral if the mother or baby momma of the deceased believe you have the skill to actually murder someone. If you're still at the level where you can't actually succeed at killing someone (and you have slept with the deceased), you're totally invited to the funeral! And you can sit in the second row right behind the family!

• Love 1

Seconded.

Her portrayal has always seemed so stilted to me.  I don't know if its the character or the actress.  I want to say its the character because I quite liked the actress on Pan Am (yes, I was one of the three who watched).  She wants to be seen as this big, powerful, businesswoman, but it just doesn't seem to come across successfully.

I watched Pan Am, too, almost to the bitter non-end. I assume she played the one with the French accent.

• Love 1

That envelop Victoria wants Louise to destroy had Emily's picture in it with Victoria's handwriting saying "Emily Thorne is the answer." Right?

So not only is Victoria not the least bit blaming herself for siccing Malcolm Black's daughter on Emily and indirectly getting her own son killed, she's actively covering her tracks hoping no one else will know.

That was the most giant-ass gravestone I've ever seen.

As soon as David and Nolan started celebrating the "armsdealer killed in a bloodbath in Miami", I just knew the big bad didn't die and he'll show up in the next scene.

Why does the "Canadian" guy sound kind of southern? I myself was wondering if Malcolm Black has some relation to Conrad Black, who is a real-life Canadian evil-overlord.

So far I'm thinking... Really? That's the big bad? Emily can totally take him. Step back, David, let a real pro handle this.

• Love 2

That was the most giant-ass gravestone I've ever seen.

Ha! I was thinking the same thing!

"what was up with Margeaux being okay with Louise at the funeral?"

The writers have completely forgotten about the attempted murder - that was weeks ago!

Just like David forgot he was going to kill Victoria, but now stands by her side and tells his daughter everything is her fault.  Ugh!

• Love 1
Chibs! If we can get an appearance from Charlie Hunnam's butt, I may be open to forgiveness for all of the shark jumping on both shows.

When he first started speaking in that awful southern accent I thought I would have to give up the show, but when he killed the cop and spoke in his regular accent I was back on board. 

Seconded.

Her portrayal has always seemed so stilted to me.  I don't know if its the character or the actress.  I want to say its the character because I quite liked the actress on Pan Am (yes, I was one of the three who watched). 

Well including me, the viewing audience seems to actually have numbered FOUR!

• Love 1

Well including me, the viewing audience seems to actually have numbered FOUR!

Five.  And I loved Karine Vanasse in it.  I actually  liked Margeaux well enough at first, but after breaking up with Jack she just seemed to get more and more confusing as a character.  And she does seem a bit checked out, but maybe that's me who's checked out.

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2

I loved the part where the Chief of Police wears full dress uniform at all times and does nothing but traffic detail.  Not even in Hooterville, writers.

Also: I'm number six.  I probably would have kept watching, too.  There are still worse shows than that one on TV.

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 1

Lucky number seven! What are the chances this show has so many audience crossover with Pan Am? I watched all the episodes on Netflix (that was all of it, wasn't it?). Can't remember how it ended now. Well, maybe it's worth a rewatch if it's still on Netflix.

That was a fake Southern accent Malcolm Black was using? I did not notice the change back to a regular accent at all. But then I am also kind of checked out of this show.

I get the feeling the chief of police wouldn't normally be pulling traffic cop duty, but he did it special this one time because he hates David so much for stealing his dream girlfriend Victoria.

• Love 1

I keep waiting for the writers to reveal that David Clark is actually the bad guy so that Emily can see she's done all of this revenging for nothing.

I am just watching the episode now and was trying to figure out if it is possible that David is the notorious Mr. Black.  But I'm usually wrong in guessing twists. (yep - nevermind - just saw the ending - maybe he's Black's boss...)

On a side note, just how big was that tombstone?  Seemed to take over half the cemetery...

Edited by FlyingEgret

Nine. Pan Am was on Netflix? It sure ain't anymore, I checked. Bummer.

I bet ABC could air re-runs of that show in this time slot and pull better ratings than Revenge got this week.

Even at its worst, Revenge does better than Pan Am. At least at its end.

Edited by kariyaki
  • Love 1

I really liked that episode. A good send off for Daniel and some nice but not too syrupy flashbacks as well.

I can't blame Margaux for assuming the worst with Emily but I'm not interested in a revenge mission from her either.

Victoria's own stupidity got her child killed but of course she'd rather blame everyone else for it.

Good to see that David isn't totally changing his mind about bumping her off.

Emily sort of messed up with her alibis and I can't see Ben leaving things alone either.

Nice moments with Nolan, Jack and Louise in this episode too.

Malcolm's appearance at the end was a good enough reveal, 7/10

Finally watched last night and I'm really wondering if I'll bother continuing.  This season is just the worst.  I really think it would have been better to end the show last season.  Victoria in the asylum, Emily in Grayson manor, have some random death take what's his name, Victoria's husband, David and Margeux can have each other, Jack can reopen the bar with Emily's money that she'll invest, and who cares about anyone else.  The whole bit with David coming back and now this convoluted story line with the Blacks, David's death, Jack being a cop, etc. is just too stupid for words.

• Love 1

IMO, for all the stupidity of this season, it's still not as stupid as season 2. I almost quit this show then, until season 3 came back all "Let's never speak of season 2 again!"

I'm guessing that's a family plot or a mausoleum. I don't remember seeing "Daniel" on it.

Okay, family plot does make more sense for why it was huge and just said "Grayson" (so it wasn't that they weren't finished craving the name yet because it was so short notice! Heehee). One giant headstone to rule them all!

Is Margot carrying the last of the Graysons? if they have more relatives we don't know of (maybe some other child Conrad fathered).

But I'm afraid she won't make it to the end of this season, at the very least they make her lose her child.