Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: And The Fables Of Doom

I finally saw this episode yesterday, and all the ads that were running for Grimm, which was starting reruns on TNT the next day, made me wonder if it was a coincidence that this episode dealt with fairytales--and they said the town was in the Pacific Northwest, right?

Sort of, maybe, in a roundabout way? Leverage started filming in Portland in 2009 because the climate was milder but it still could pass for the northeast and, more importantly, the city's government thought that tv production would be a good revenue source and cut them a deal. There was the usual fuss about whether cutting them a deal was a good use of taxpayer funds, but apparently enough people thought it was that they filmed the last four seasons there. Presumably that was a factor when Grimm and Portlandia started up there in 2011. The Librarians uses the same facilities and a lot of the same people (my friend's brother works behind the scenes, so I've heard this), so sort of not a coincidence? I have no idea if the storyline itself is connected.

They're both set in Portland. The Annex is in one of the footings of the St Johns Bridge in North Portland, and the storage yard where the Grimm used to keep The Trailer was within sight of that same bridge. Living near Portland, I have a lot of fun playing 'spot the local landmarks' with these shows!

This episode was amusing, but also a tad frustrating with the lack of communication in the team and the haphazard approach.  The fairy tale connections were fun.  It started to lose me when the Sheriff turned into a wolf, though.  I did find it interesting that Stone suggested Eve not use her anti-terrorist credentials in the town (didn't catch his reason) and then he came up with the implausible "librarians doing research on traffic patterns" cover.  Still not fully sold on this show yet but I will keep watching.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Camera One said:

This episode was amusing, but also a tad frustrating with the lack of communication in the team and the haphazard approach.  The fairy tale connections were fun.  It started to lose me when the Sheriff turned into a wolf, though.  I did find it interesting that Stone suggested Eve not use her anti-terrorist credentials in the town (didn't catch his reason) and then he came up with the implausible "librarians doing research on traffic patterns" cover.  Still not fully sold on this show yet but I will keep watching.

I do like at the end the Sheriff gave the explanation to his daughter only to realize that made no sense. I wish they'd come up with a better excuse for being there. Baird at least should be able to come up with one. I loved the three movies and I always wanted hoped for a show. Some characters I loved from the beginning Baird, Stone and Jenkins. Ezekiel and Cassandra were the hard ones for me to like. I usually go back and forth. In this one I like Cassandra. In the one before when she gets the apple and suddenly heads off to power planet I didn't like her in that one. I liked seeing the different fairy tale connections. Cassandra being a prince instead of a boy or even Baird given her military background. Cassandra getting free drinks and hit on by the women.  Her sadness when it was over about no more free drinks.