Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: Rule #33: When in Doubt, Run Away

The ladies head to Las Vegas for a photo shoot for Phoebe's jewelry line. Meanwhile, Abby goes on a cleanse and is eager to work on her next book, and Lyla anticipates a caseworker's recommendation in her custody battle.

I can't be the only one that finds it funny that a major plot point for the main character is that she's 'going on a cleanse', can I? Lol. Only on Bravo!

By Season 3 it'll be 'Phoebe heads to the store for groceries. Meanwhile Abby takes a bath.'

The whole tripping thing with Jake was really funny. I'm sorry though, I just find him so unattractive. And in the wedding tuxedo with no pants- lovely. The gigolo-yuck. Good looking or not, I would not have let him rub my feet. That is just creepy. So Lyla is just going to run away with her kids? Hope she takes a lot of cash cause they will trace her through her credit cards. I wonder if she will get caught or she will just disappear and start a new life? Maybe something simple and working class. Phoebe was annoying as ever. And the divorce lawyer? I forget her name. I guess she has a hidden past with her family. I wonder if they are going to develop that storyline. Looks like Abby thinks she might be pregnant next week. I assume she is not and I assume she and Jake do not get back together, or the whole premise of the show will change. I wonder if he stays with Becca. That whole relationship is just so unbelievable.

Also, where were the kids during all this? How did both parents go away for the weekend without them? And where were they the next morning when Abby and Jake got together at her house?

Edited by Momof2boyz
  • Love 1

Idk, maybe it's just me, but Abby's convo with the hooker was making me nauseous.  I was baffled by how flattered she was.  Er, why?  Cuz a hooker dude was chasing her down, lookin' to get paid for any attention he paid to her?  Again, show making absolutely no sense.  Btw, the hooker dude was sorta attractive, but his smiling smugness gave me the creeps.

I didn't know who the fourth lady was with them.  Can anyone help explain who she is, please?  And yeah, Phoebe was doing her usual airhead bit.  Really tiresome.

OK, so Lyla is running away with her kids?  From what we've seen of her up to this point, she barely knew these kids existed & seemed to not care or relate to them at all.  She was very sweet to the kids in the last scene & that merely attests to Janeane's good acting skills.  But it seemed like a complete turnaround for Lyla.  Again, not making much sense.

The whole tripping thing with Jake was really funny. I'm sorry though, I just find him so unattractive. And in the wedding tuxedo with no pants- lovely.

I find him unattractive too.  I don't think he's homely or ugly.  Just very average to meh.  He's not a bad actor & he does have some chemistry with Lisa.  But he's yet another one on here who's badly miscast.  They needed someone hot.  This guy just ain't it.  The scene of him banging the young chickie was not something I wanted to watch cuz . .  er, well, he ain't hot & I just don't wanna see dat.

• Love 1
Also, where were the kids during all this? How did both parents go away for the weekend without them?

Thank you, I was thinking the exact same thing!!! If there is a God they were probably with Child Protections Services!

• Love 1

She is Abby's divorce lawyer and an associate of Lyla's at her firm

And as such it seems to me to be pretty unprofessional that she's hanging with a client, to say nothing of taking a Girls Gone Wild mini-vacay with and getting high around one.  Also foolishly risky given the relationship that she and Lyla had; I wouldn't expose my personal self to a co-worker who hated me.  As mentioned above, it seems like TPTB are preparing to expand her role so that may be the reason, but it still feels unrealistic.  Gotta give her props for wearing heels with her bathing suit while she laying out by the pool, however.  But again, probably not very realistic

Speaking of unrealistic, the whole ayahuasca storyline? Please. Jake wandered all the way from a (presumably) secluded retreat back to Abby's house, on public roads, wearing nothing but pants and a blanket and he didn't end up in police custody?  Then he puts on the top half of his wedding tuxedo, including the tie and cummerbund, but forgets his underwear and pants.  His character reminds me of an even more dullard version of those feeble-minded husbands on Desperate Housewives.

The gigolo was way too business-oriented to fall asleep on the job.  And who didn't see that he would be rubbing her feet instead of what we were supposed to think he was doing to her, or for that matter that he wasn't a gig as soon as he rescued Abby from the Lenscrafters guy?  Two very obvious, cliche'd misdirects.  And there's no way Abby would be paying him at the end of date. Any good hooker gets her money up front. Or so I've been told.  I wouldn't know personally.     

Nit picks? Yes.  But it just seems like a lot of uninspired and just plain bad writing going here. However, it's Bravo; I really don't expect any more than that.  And hate-watching has its value.

Edited by Lone Wolf
  • Love 1
Also foolishly risky given the relationship that she and Lyla had; I wouldn't expose my personal self to a co-worker who hated me.

I didn't even realize she was the one who was Lyla's rival at the firm & she loathed just an ep ago.  So now she's taking a Vegas vacay with her?  Er, what the what?  As if that makes no sense, Abby's divorce attorney goin' to Vegas with her really makes no sense.  But I kinda like the divorce lawyer & she was really rockin' that bathing suit by the pool.

I'm still amazed by Abby's house.

• Love 1

Nit picks? Yes. But it just seems like a lot of uninspired and just plain bad writing going here. However, it's Bravo; I really don't expect any more than that. And hate-watching has its value.

The thing is I really think Bravo thought they had a work of art here, which doesn't bode well for their other scripted shows that are coming up. I'm on the verge of giving up altogether because of how annoying Phoebe is getting. The b*tch factor was turned up to 11 this week.

Ratings were a touch higher again this week, but they were for everything else too so it meant that they only just scraped into the top 100 cable shows of the night. Can't be good.

Yeah, at 873,000 viewers for this ep, the ratings have improved from being terrible, but still not great.  If the ratings drop or don't improve, this show is in trouble.  Looks like from the previews, Abby's divorce lawyer (and Janeane's rival) gets an expanded role.  And with Janeane leaving, guess there will be a focus more on Abby, Jake, Jake's girlfriend & ugh, Phoebe?  Dat can't be good.