Type keyword(s) to search

S16.E13: Meryl Streep, James McAvoy, Mark Ruffalo, Hozier

• Start Topic

Graham's guests are Meryl Streep, starring in the Sondheim musical film Into the Woods, and James McAvoy, treading the boards in The Ruling Class as well as Mark Ruffalo. Plus, music from Hozier.

I always wonder what first-time guests think about the experience. I'm guessing that Meryl had a great time and thought it was the best talk show she's been on with the best host ever! That's what I'm guessing. :)

• Love 2

I think that's part of the charm of the show. Graham always seems genuinely interested and enthusiastic about the show and the guests. I thought it was nice of him when he realized there wasn't time for a proper chat with Hozier to say that he seemed like a nice genuine young man.

• Love 3

I wished they had let the Scottish actor finish his story in the red chair.

I've actually been to Pitlochry, so I wanted to hear it too! But on the other hand, I got where Graham's frustration was coming from.

Ruffalo's squee-out over getting snogged by Meryl was adorbs. Also: I'm surprised by how not-tall he is. He's always struck me as a taller dude, but he and McAvoy were the same(ish) height.  His gig as the Hulk must be sweet. He does like 10 minutes of motion-capture and the animators do the rest.

One last thing: no discussion about hairy chested dudes would be complete without Richard Freaking Burton, whose chest pelt in Anne of a Thousand Days made it look like Genevieve Bujold was laying her head on a bear-skin rug!

• Love 1