Type keyword(s) to search

Steve Austin's Broken Skull Challenge - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm so glad there's a thread for this! As repetitive as it can be, I enjoy it. The male winner from last year is a class act, and the final challenger in the premiere almost broke his record.

I get tired just watching the description of the Skullbuster.

• Love 1

Yea! There's a thread for this show! Next to "American Ninja Warrior," this is my favorite obstacle course show. I really admire the athleticism of the guys on this show (I don't watch the female contestants, so I can't speak to their skill).

The last guy -- Chris? -- was a little over the top, what with his faces and posturing. I laughed every time he made one. Still, for the most part, I like the macho posturing. It's good to see men be able to be strong and aggressive and competitive without having to worry about hurting someone's delicate feelings.

Tommy the champ is OK -- I like how he is supportive of the other contestants' attempts -- but I can't help feel the show is deliberately setting him up as some kind of sidekick or rigging it for him. I thought it was unfair for them to use his time as the benchmark. He probably did the course fresh, while the others have been through three rounds of competition the day before.

• Love 1

I caught the season 2 premiere again. Is Mack the only one who has finished the course this season? He was impressive with the jumps across the logs and making the rest look easy. For many of the other contenders so far, it seems like too much brawn, not enough agility and endurance.

And I have no clue what Desiree was doing...I'm glad she was stopped before she got hurt. That was just painful to watch.

• Love 1

I haven't caught the latest episode, but I just watched the one where the guy gave up at the nutbuster, or whatever they call it. I felt bad that he kept falling off and couldn't make it past the obstacle. I don't watch the women's version, but I don't think anyone's given up that early in the final course.

Unrelated to the competition, I think it's cool that you could see the shadow of the drone they must use for some of the aerial shots. That was the first episode I noticed it, maybe because the guy spent so much time at the nutbuster.

It still kind of bugs me that the only way this season's competitors can win the money is by beating Tommy's time, and that he keeps making $10,000 every other week. They should really let this season's competitors stand on their own times, then maybe have a grand competition at the end of the season.

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 1

I've noticed that a number of the male competitors are veterans (I don't watch the women), who presumably served in OIF or OEF. I wonder if an attraction for them is the attempt to recapture the adrenaline rush they must have gotten while deployed.

I did not realize the show had started its new season. My DVR didn't pick it up, so I caught the first episode on demand. I know it's hokey, but I love this show. Big, muscular alpha males in head-to-head battles to see whose dick is bigger...I mean, who's the better competitor. I don't watch the women, but I presume it's also to see who's got the bigger dick. 

Episode Synopsis:

Steve Austin is pumped and ready to kick the new season off as eight fine-tuned athletes arrive ready to prove they've got what it takes to be the last man standing. Steve reveals three new challenges: the Summit, Tired and Excalibur. The one man that remains earns a shot at Steve's new Skullbuster for a chance at $10,000. But not before Steve drops a final surprise sure to rattle some nerves!

Can we change this thread to an all-season topic? There's minimal traffic, which doesn't appear to warrant individual threads. Thanks!

I'm trying to find a link for a video of Hunter McIntyre doing both of his winning runs.  His first win at 6.03 and his second time, defending his his position this last season of 6:39!  His time is off the hook. I really want to see him run with these times.  I've checked You Tube and CMT, but, can't locate either one. Thanks.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Jenkins said:

I did find his 6:33 run:

Thank you so much for posting this!  My husband and I have been watching the last couple of seasons of this show, and we couldn't remember whether they showed Hunter's run on the new course.  Wow, he really just plowed through the course!!!

The closest time was this last episode, the guy who knew Hunter from the obstacle course challenges.  He was within a minute of Hunter's time, but I hated his attitude.  I know that they have to psych themselves up and everything, but he was neither gracious winner nor loser.

• Love 2

GREAT! Thanks Jenkins.  Very impressive. I was thinking that the new features in the obtacles were making things harder, but, he did n't seem have much difficulty with them.  I would think the addition to the board to flip over in the Ball Buster obstacle would be tricky, but, ...........he seemed to do it pretty easily.  

I think that McIntyre must be one of those rare people who has very strong and large lungs.  Like Phelps.  They are able to provide so much oxygen that he has that cardio endurance and the oxygen fuels his muscles, so he has that endurance too.  He certainly isn't muscle bound.  I've never seen that the large muscles helped that much in this contest.  I'm no fitness expert. JMO.

I can't envision anyone beating him.  No one even comes close to his time.  I know the guy that ShowsIlovetohate describes, but, he was minute off and to me that's quite a bit.  That guy was comical.  He was bragging about how great he was, while acknowledging that he did't cut it.  Very odd guy.  I hope he doesn't return.  Seemed odd.  Very odd. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2