Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: Schitt Hits The Fans

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Valerie said:

I think it's rare that showrunners and writers will plan an entire show's life from birth to finale. So many shows have been dragged on even when the pool of ideas has run dry, and as much as I could also watch it forever, eventually it would reach that point and turn into every other TV show going through the motions. To know that Dan and Eugene already know how everything is going to end makes me feel like they'll give the show an amazing sendoff.

You just knew that this would be coming eventually, but I just felt like that it was definitely indeed the right time to end the show.

I am sad, sad, sad.  I am doubtful that there will be another show that has the love, laughs, and sweetness similar to this show.  

I will actively seek out future projects that Dan Levy takes on.  I think he is brilliant and hilarious.  Love all of the actors, but as show runner I think he is amazing.

• Love 7

Like many of you, I am sad that the show will be ending but I'm glad that they were able to decide how and when to end the show. There are few things worse in tvland than a beloved show being unceremoniously canceled without giving the showrunners the opportunity to do a last season to tie up loose ends and give the characters closure.

• Love 3
(edited)

At the 7th Canadian Screen Awards, held on Sunday, Schitt's Creek won:

Best Comedy Series

Actress in a Comedy Series - Catherine O'Hara*

Supporting Actress in a Comedy Series - Emily Hampshire**

Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series - Noah Reid

* Catherine's fourth consecutive win for Moira. Since this was for Season Four, I was hoping Annie Murphy might have taken a turn as Best Actress, but Catherine O'Hara is always deserving. And classy.

** Also Emily's fourth consecutive win.

Edited by cousin oliver
  • Love 4
On 5/20/2019 at 7:49 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

S5 is now on Netflix! The season was actually available a few weeks ago but I forgot to post about it. Now you can binge watch the most recent season (or watch those David/Patrick scenes repeatedly).

Sadly, that's only for international Netflix. It's still just Seasons 1-4 in the US. (which is why I am grateful to people on YouTube for posting all my favorite David/Patrick scenes, because yes, I watch them on an almost daily basis)

On 5/21/2019 at 11:44 AM, lovett1979 said:

Sadly, that's only for international Netflix. It's still just Seasons 1-4 in the US. (which is why I am grateful to people on YouTube for posting all my favorite David/Patrick scenes, because yes, I watch them on an almost daily basis)

Pop is running an S5 marathon this Saturday, I think at 4 pm Eastern.  

Cast interview at the 92nd Street Y (this is from 2016 but I checked and it never got posted) - an hour of Eugene Levy, Catherine O’Hara, Annie Murphy, and Daniel Levy talking about the show:

The cast returned to the 92nd Street Y a few months ago (Eugene Levy, Daniel Levy, Annie Murphy, and Emily Hampshire):

• Love 1

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but here goes:  I have the Pop TV app through my Roku.  I was able to watch the first episode of season 6 a day after it aired "live".  But Ep 2 is still locked.  Does Pop TV release the episodes during the season, or am I stuck waiting until after the whole season is over to watch the rest?  This is my first season trying to watch in (or close to) real time.  I watched all previous seasons on Netflix.  Thanks!

44 minutes ago, chaifan said:

Not sure if this is the right thread for this question, but here goes:  I have the Pop TV app through my Roku.  I was able to watch the first episode of season 6 a day after it aired "live".  But Ep 2 is still locked.  Does Pop TV release the episodes during the season, or am I stuck waiting until after the whole season is over to watch the rest?  This is my first season trying to watch in (or close to) real time.  I watched all previous seasons on Netflix.  Thanks!

I don't have Roku, but I have the Pop app on my phone, and I've been able to watch everything so far.  But at some point I did have to sign in with my cable credentials.  I don't know how it works if you're not a cable/satellite subscriber.  Not sure if that helps you.

Thanks @SoMuchTV.  I should have mentioned, I don't have a cable subscription.  It gives Hulu as a choice of a provider, but when I try that it says I don't have access to Live TV. 

I've tried searching for whether Pop's shows get unlocked in 24 hours, a week, whatever, but I all find is how to pay $50+ per month for Pop's "Live" TV option.  Seriously, who would pay that?

On 1/19/2020 at 12:45 PM, chaifan said:

I've tried searching for whether Pop's shows get unlocked in 24 hours, a week, whatever, but I all find is how to pay $50+ per month for Pop's "Live" TV option.  Seriously, who would pay that?

Yeah, I really don’t understand their logic. The shows, even the “locked” ones, have many many minutes of ads, so why not make them available after a day or a week or whatever?  Seems like you’d have nothing to lose.