Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: Schitt Hits The Fans

• Start Topic

Does anyone remember Daniel Levy from The Hills Aftershow with Jessie Cruickshank?  (I think they did something a little more substantial also).  I didn't put two and two together at the time that he was Eugene's son, but I always liked him.

Moira's delivery on the way she pronounces words *cracks* me up.  Also sometimes my Amazon Echo turns on when they talk to Alexis.

17 hours ago, teapot said:

Moira's delivery on the way she pronounces words *cracks* me up.

One of my sons-in-law tries to work the word "cosmetics" into every conversation just so he can over-pronounce it like Moira. It slays me every time.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Annie Murphy gets an honourable mention in TVLines “performer of the week”. The write up on her character and the scene is great! 

HONORABLE MENTION | Remember the joyful wonderment you felt as a baby when somebody blew you a bubble for the first time? That’s how we feel watching Annie Murphy bring to life Schitt’s Creek’s Alexis. Over four seasons, the actress has taken the impoverished party girl from flighty as a sparrow to… OK, she’s still super flighty. (Just ask Mutt’s plants.) But now she’s also adorably entrepreneurial, surprisingly selfless and stunningly vulnerable. So when in “The Rollout” she confessed to ex-fiancé Ted that she was in love with him, Murphy not only encapsulated in the tender moment her character’s whole evolution, layering her priceless, trademark Alexisisms atop the character’s hard-won depth, she also made us terribly afraid that our bubble was about to be burst.

• Love 3

Does anyone know if season 4 is streaming anywhere?  I watched 1 through 3 on a combination of Netflix and Amazon Prime (I think some were even on both at the same time) but I can't seem to find 4 anywhere.  Looks like it ended a few months ago.  I'm probably search-challenged.  Or are they waiting till season 5 is about to start?

On 8/8/2018 at 4:08 PM, SoMuchTV said:

Does anyone know if season 4 is streaming anywhere?  I watched 1 through 3 on a combination of Netflix and Amazon Prime (I think some were even on both at the same time) but I can't seem to find 4 anywhere.  Looks like it ended a few months ago.  I'm probably search-challenged.  Or are they waiting till season 5 is about to start?

In Canada, it's on the CBC website to stream. I know season 3 was added in like, December to Canadian Netflix. If you're elsewhere, it might end up on Netflix earlier than that or you could check Pop since that's the channel it aired on in the US. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, weightyghost said:

In Canada, it's on the CBC website to stream. I know season 3 was added in like, December to Canadian Netflix. If you're elsewhere, it might end up on Netflix earlier than that or you could check Pop since that's the channel it aired on in the US. 

Aha - apparently it is available on POP.  I didn't even think to check that.  And it doesn't appear to need a cable provider login, which a lot of networks do.  Thanks!

On 8/9/2018 at 8:19 PM, Wicked said:

I was only able to watch the first episode of season 4 on POP.

Yeah, I just watched the first episode and then it needed a login for the rest.  Fortunately I have a cable provider that's on the list, so episode 2 seems to be working...

On 2018-03-01 at 3:39 PM, teapot said:

Does anyone remember Daniel Levy from The Hills Aftershow with Jessie Cruickshank?  (I think they did something a little more substantial also).  I didn't put two and two together at the time that he was Eugene's son, but I always liked him.

I remember that.  It was quite amusing.  Can’t stand him now.  I wish he would tone it down a tad.

• Love 1

The cast did a live event in Los Angeles called Schitt's Creek: Up Close and Personal

The Christmas special will air on December 19! S5 will premiere on January 16th and will have 14 episodes!

The Roses are finally thriving in Schitt’s Creek and find themselves ready to take their personal relationships and business pursuits to the next level. Moira returns from a breakthrough film shoot in Bosnia with a clear exit strategy and a renewed sense of purpose, and with that newfound energy, she is inspired to leave her mark on the town by launching her most ambitious artistic endeavor yet. Meanwhile, the reputation of the Rosebud Motel is steadily building under Johnny’s leadership, but managing the individual needs of his staff, Stevie and Roland, proves to be a greater challenge. With Rose Apothecary running smoothly, David is now focusing on nurturing his relationship with Patrick, and from apartment hunting to joining a baseball team, he proves he’s willing to go the extra mile. Alexis, having finally achieved some stability in both romance and career, isn’t one to let things get stale, so she tries to spice things up with Ted while contemplating a next step that could take her beyond Schitt’s Creek.

• Love 3
On 9/27/2018 at 4:26 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

The cast did a live event in Los Angeles called Schitt's Creek: Up Close and Personal

The live Schitt's Creek: Up Close and Personal event is going on tour next year!

Jan 20 - San Francisco
Feb 17 - Boston
Feb 18 - New York
Feb 20 - Philadelphia
Feb 22 - Washington, DC
Feb 23 - Minneapolis
Feb 24 - Chicago
Feb 25 - Toronto

Presale tickets will be available at 10am on November 14. Tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, November 16.

Schitt's Creek: Up Close & Personal

Featuring Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara, Dan Levy, Annie Murphy, Emily Hampshire, and Noah Reid

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

Season 6 will air in 2020 and will be the final season. I don't want to see this show go because I love it so much, but I am so relieved that it's on their terms and that the can finish the stories the way they planned.

Edited by Valerie
  • Love 3

I think it's rare that showrunners and writers will plan an entire show's life from birth to finale. So many shows have been dragged on even when the pool of ideas has run dry, and as much as I could also watch it forever, eventually it would reach that point and turn into every other TV show going through the motions. To know that Dan and Eugene already know how everything is going to end makes me feel like they'll give the show an amazing sendoff.

• Love 5

The final-season renewal is definitely bittersweet news - there are a lot of mixed emotions going on. Ultimately, I choose to celebrate the existence of such a wonderfully thought-out, written and performed sitcom, one that I will happily revisit when I'm craving characters and storylines that I find moving and relevant.

• Love 6