Type keyword(s) to search

In The Media: Schitt Hits The Fans

• Start Topic

I saw a few articles about this show, but I didn't realize until a few minutes ago that I could actually get it through my cable company.  I've got hundreds of channels, but I never heard of any channel called "Pop".   I saw an ad for the show on IMDB, where you can put in your zip code and it tells you what channel it's on based on your cable company.   I'll give the show a shot.  I love Eugene Levy, Catherine O'Hara and Chris Elliot. 

I just binge-watched the first season.   The only other two shows I've binge-watched before were Breaking Bad and Lost so I'm happy camper to have something so good to glom on to....I may have to go back for a 2nd round.

It's a terrific show and the casting is impeccable.  Thanks for sharing the S2 dates!

Agree about Chris Elliott being a little annoying at times but I think it's often casting misteps.  When it's right for him, it really works.  He's a great match for this show but they need to loose the fake belly - it's too obvious.  He was also well cast in  Something About Mary. 

Schitt's Creek basically swept the Canadian Screen Awards last night. The show itself won Best Comedy Series, Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara won Lead Actor and Actress, Chris Elliot won Best Supporting Actor, and Emily Hampshire won Best Supporting Actress. It also won a number of technical awards, including Directing, Photography, Picture Editing, and Writing.
  • Love 3

For some reason Episode 1 a 1 hour show showed up on our television as New.  But, we have been watching it for several weeks now, not even aware that we somehow hadn't seen this Ep1.  Rather confusing.  Did anyone else get this mixup via their comcast on demand?

Had read such good things about Schitt's Creek and have been dying to watch this series -- with my family out of town, started it this weekend.  Of course, it became a major binge watch and cannot believe how much I love, love, love this show.  I've been a Christopher Guest devotee since Day One so am the perfect audience for this nuttiness, but oh my gosh, Schitt's Creek is a gem.  The cast is beyond perfect.  Daniel Levy is my favorite among the A+ cast.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 6

Lots of new videos before S3 begins! I'm putting them under the spoiler cut because there are ten videos, but nothing majorly spoilery. In some of the character videos, the actors mention some things that will be happening this season, but I'm a spoilerphobe and didn't find anything they said to be totally spoilery.

First a reminder of what happened on S1-S2:

S1 bloopers:

S2 bloopers:

Catching up with David:

Catching up with Alexis:

Catching up with Johnny:

Catching up with Moira:

Catching up with Stevie:

Catching up with Ted:

Catching up with Twyla:

Catching up with Roland and Jocelyn:

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 2

Back in S1, they had a webisode series called Waking Up with the Schitts, which was a faux cable access program with Roland and Jocelyn. There are eight episodes so I put them under the spoiler cut, but obviously nothing spoilery since these are all old.

Spilling the beans:

Cheese sculptures:

Win a call from the mayor:

Special guest Stevie Budd:

Swap shop:

Holiday dish:

Special guest Twyla:

Special guest Alexis Rose:

Electricbugaloo, those Twylaisms are GREAT!  Just quick little nuggets you have to listen closely to catch.  As is so often the case with Schitt's Creek -- almost every line or facial expression has a little something not to be missed.

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Love 1
On 3/24/2017 at 8:53 PM, Canada said:

I am so happy this show has been renewed.  I swear, it gets better and better every week!

Not gonna lie but I found the beginning of the current season kind of boring and I stopped watching.  Something was different...I believe they had a new director??? Anyway, based on comments here, I'll give it a go again.  I LOVED the first two seasons.

I really tried with this show.  I like Eugene Levy so I did watch.  I like the daughter.  For the most part, though, I couldn't get into this one.  If you're looking for Canadian comedy, "Mr D" is a LOT funnier.

On 17/07/2017 at 8:03 PM, Canada said:

Mr D sucks.  I watched half an episode and switched it off.

On 17/07/2017 at 10:00 PM, The Crazed Spruce said:

I guess I have a higher tolerance. I didn't drop it 'til halfway through the second episode.

Wrong!!  Different tastes in comedy, but you are still wrong!  Just like I couldn't see "Kevin Can Wait" and some people thought it was hilarious.  

I found the daughter funny, but Eugene & Catherine didn't do anything for me & I say this as a devoted SCTV fan.  Bobby Bittman cracked me up, still does.  Lola Heatherton - funny as h*ll!  Schitt's Creek characters, not so much.

• Love 1

Oh I agree, Kevin Can Wait is one of the worst things on TV.  And don't get me started on the heinousness that is Dr. Ken.

I think Schitt's Creek was definitely lacking this past season.  I hope the next one picks it up a bit.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Canada said:

Oh I agree, Kevin Can Wait is one of the worst things on TV.  And don't get me started on the heinousness that is Dr. Ken.

I think Schitt's Creek was definitely lacking this past season.  I hope the next one picks it up a bit.

Hope next season is better, too.  I'm not sure how far they can go with this, though.

Never saw Dr Ken - but heard it was horrendous.

• Love 2