Type keyword(s) to search

The Doctors (Talk Show) - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I have not watched this show in a long time.  I had the day off Friday and it was beyond freezing and did not feel like going out in that.  Channel surfing I came upon this show again.  It is so different and the panel has changed a lot!! Two new women who sorry missed their intro.   There was a man on who had many plastic surgeries & called himself the human Ken doll.  The two male doctors really gave him a what for!! Wow never saw the 1 plastic surgeon panel doctor so angry

Is there a thread for the Dr Oz show?

(Sorry didn't know where to post this)

I was looking too.  Was going to request one but after seeing it forever have no idea where that request a new show forum went.

I've caught this a few times when I've been working from home. I really like the panel, but I'm always a little astonished at how blase they all seem about cosmetic surgery. So I wish I had seen that episode!

I like the little "tips and tricks" they give more than the actual feature stories, but I do really appreciate the "feel good" features they do with people who's lives were changed with medicine. There was a young man (from Guam? somewhere) a while back who had a lot of facial and dental deformities, and they featured the team of surgeons who helped him. And there was a couple recently who had such bad teeth that they were both so embarrassed by that they refused to smile in their wedding photos, and the show was going to hook them up with cosmetic dentistry.

• Love 1

I have to admit that the previews of the "honey boo boo" intervention are freaking me out!  I didn't watch Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but you would have to be hiding under a rock not to know who she is.  To see how obese this little girl has gotten is sad but what really got to me was the layered on, over the top makeup she had on during the preview.  This little girl needs a lot of help and education.  A nutritious diet plan for her young body is a good starting place. 

• Love 1

I have not seen Honey Boo Boo but know enough about her to tune in when I saw this episode advertised.  My morbid curiosity made me do it.  Alana was in full make up, fake eye lashes complete with hair flip affect. 

June is not very bright and that is a problem.  Travis tried his best to get through to her about feeding her child food that was making her fat and sick but she only had excuses and justifications.  It was infuriating Travis, the other doctor there and me!!   She finally responded to what he wanted to hear but her heart was not in it.  She will not make the changes necessary.   He is sending her a private chef to teach her how to cook healthy options.  Yuh, right, that is going work.  It will be over when the chef pulls out of her driveway.  

• Love 1

I rarely watch the Doctors but tuned in today because of the Honey Boo Boo thing. I know this sounds cold, but she and her mother are both so repulsive that I could hardly stand to watch. June sat there looking both pissed and bored, and Honey just looked ridiculous with the makeup and hair. There will be no healthy eating in that house, I guarantee it.

• Love 2

I rarely watch the Doctors but tuned in today because of the Honey Boo Boo thing. I know this sounds cold, but she and her mother are both so repulsive that I could hardly stand to watch. June sat there looking both pissed and bored, and Honey just looked ridiculous with the makeup and hair. There will be no healthy eating in that house, I guarantee it.

I agree. Her face looked like a doll.

• Love 1

June is not very bright and that is a problem.

I actually think June does know better, she just doesn't give a shit.  I don't think she cares about anything except her wants and needs, and if Alanna is crying for sketti and fried chicken, June just feeds her that garbage to shut the girl the hell up.

Dr. Phil is one of the few people who are still willing to pay June, they'll keep on appearing on The Doctors and Dr. Phil's show until either the Boo Boos quit being a ratings draw or Dr. Phil Inc. gets sick of her.

• Love 1

I was home today so my tv was on this show for a few minutes while I was trying to find something to watch. Are they kidding me with some resident fool getting all this attention because he is the "hot doctor from Instagram?" Is this what this ridiculous show is about now? There are a ton of hot docs that practice medicine, not post selfies of themselves on Instagram.

A lot of the guests must go on the show for free medical treatment, not to "raise awareness" of their issue. Today there was a nurse on with carpal tunnel and complained how busy she sand how much pain she's in.  She ended up getting a makeover, spa treatment, and free carpal tunnel surgery. Talk about a con artist IMO.

• Love 2

Ok, I see why no one posts here anymore. This show is crap! How is it still on?!

I watched just now to see what they had to say about "loneliness". About 3 minutes and the moron expert in the audience's solution was to talk for 5 minutes to an elderly person out in public, call you parents and ask if they lonely (nothing about what to do if they say "yes") get a pet. As if only old people are lonely btw. This show sucks. What a bunch of hacks. 

• Love 3

Wow!  Only one page in years.  I will sometimes catch a snippet or two of this show when I can't get to the remote fast enough.

Last week they had on a lady to warn us, we are all so stupid, about the dangers of kitchen sponges.  She goes on to say you wash your dishes with it, you wipe your counters with it, you wipe the floor with it and you even clean the bottom of your shoe with it........  What the hell?  Who in their right mind would use one cleaning rag, towel, sponge etc. for all those things?

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

Travis can be pretty preachy and at times I do think he is just passionate about his beliefs.   Some times he just seems angry and annoyed.  Mom thinks he doesn't like overweight people and stopped watching the show years ago.  May have been when Julian was on.  

Today's show was so mixed jumping from subject to subject.  I don't think the show flows quite right. I think that about Dr Oz as well.  Maybe it's difficult to Segway from a man on a 111 day no food juice cleanse to an addict looking for help. 

I wasn't understanding why the man wasn't just eating the food.  I don't really know him but he didn't look healthy to me.  Why the one doctor said he looked mean and lean was lost on me.  Travis looked so uncomfortable like he wanted to say something and kept stopping himself.  I can totally see someone looking at that Diet and doing it all wrong 

the addict story was just very sad.  I pray he heals.  

i see no one else watches this shit either. but i was channel surfing today....does christie brinkley ever admit that she has had plastic surgery? she's 64 with a face (and neck) as taut and wrinkle free as a 25 year old. sorry lady but being a vegetarian and wearing sunscreen doesn't help you that much! i can't stand her for some reason. she comes off as so phoney and i can not relate to the billionaire lifestyle. must be nice to be born with a face that can take you anywhere and not have to work for your money.

• Love 1
On 3/18/2020 at 10:01 AM, deirdra said:

I hadn't watched in a couple of years and thought they had a new host, but it was just Travis with a new face.

I haven’t seen it in years either and can’t hear what they are saying because of his face. He looks swollen like he’s suffering an allergic reaction. Yikes. 

I am stunned that the doctors discussed nothing about the food safety of a raw meat diet. I would be interested in knowing where the guest obtains his apparently safe raw foods and if he freezes or how/if he washes any food before consuming it.

I changed the channel when the next guest began advocating k î n k in the bedroom as pandemic relief. She sounded like an under-trained teacher equivalent. Syntax and rhythm were  horrible and the subject matter icky. 🤮 

Geeze, the guest today who is a Covid chaser was an eye opener, especially thinking that since she was careful about what she ate and did everything she could to boost her immune system, Covid shouldn’t be an issue for her. And then she ragged on the other guest, a widower whose wife killed herself after a painful bout with long Covid. After she went on about whether the wife was not in good health, he shut her down saying his wife was very healthy before she got sick, exercised regularly and was careful about her diet intake and didn’t drink. But apparently that didn’t sway the lady

Did anyone else lose the show on their local channel with the new season? Wikipedia says it’s canceled for sure. It’s been replaced in my neck of the woods with a couple of court shows, which is not an improvement

1 hour ago, DanaK said:

Did anyone else lose the show on their local channel with the new season? Wikipedia says it’s canceled for sure. It’s been replaced in my neck of the woods with a couple of court shows, which is not an improvement

I don’t watch this show, but noticed today it had been replaced by two half-hour episodes of Pictionary, hosted by Jerry O’Connell.