Type keyword(s) to search

Dig - General Discussion

Meredith Quill
  • Start Topic

I laughed out loud when the whole crew came running back to the ruins to find that the calf (which they had not tied up) had run away.

Also when Pastor Billingham hands the ambassador a copy of the book, declaring: It's completely undetectable. The plastique was about 10 pages into the book in a large cut-out hollow. If you see a pile of brand new books, wouldn't you flick through one? Especially as it's remarkably heavy?

And, I love Jason Isaacs, I do, but I watched the last episode waiting for the twist, and the reason why Peter was so important....Even the fact that he had been in the seminary and almost a priest had no bearing on the plot. At the very least, he could have had more detailed knowledge about the end of days and the prophecies. Someone I know did an undergraduate degree and knew more about the purported current location of the Ark of the Covenant than Peter did. We could have reduced the amount of  sweaty running around and/or smoking to have had some plot...

• Love 2

I found the description of the High Priest's breastplate that I was looking for. There were twelve stones, one standing for each of the tribes of Israel. It is posited that there is a 13th stone of great importance that should also be in the order. The 13 stones are part of a mystical alphabet. The jewels are hollowed out and there was probably a revolving drum behind them on which was a small strip of phosphorous. When the drum was revolved, the strip would end up behind a specific stone, which stood for a particular letter. The message was spelled out, Ouija-board style, one letter/consonant at a time.

Is there anything that says the new temple has to sit on top of the old one?  I mean if they just plan to build it 5 miles outside of town next to a Walmart, nobody is gonna stop them, or probably care much. 

I'm not sure about that.  Those anti-Walmart zealots are almost like a cult.  They would probably protest. 

Thanks, mjc570, for noting that Red, as a heifer, is female. :-)  (Off topic: I get so irritated when the bovine representatives of dairy companies sound, and are portrayed like males. That's not really the kind of "milk" I want on my cereal.)

Your comment reminds me of the scene from the movie Kingpin, Woody Harrelson's character after milking the bull...

• Love 1

Put it on your charge card - if the world ends, you won't have to pay up.

Awesome thought - makes more sense (if you follow the conspiracy logic) than anything on the show so far.

Speaking of, if the world is ending in two days, why did the pastor have a million copies of a book printed?  Who's going to read them all?

I did think that evil archaeologist guy and minion were going to drill through the wall that Peter and fully-recovered Emma were staring at. That's the kind of suspense this show has.

Just getting caught up on the last few episodes (had to get through the last few weeks of grad school first), but this scene seemed suspenseful, then... stopped.  Peter heard the stones or whatever they were knocking around, they started to look around (and it seemed like Margrove was looking through the whole at them earlier) then all of a sudden Peter and Emma are driving to meet Golan - No mention of what they found - it was like it never happened!

(edited)

Because you have to hollow all of them out

to carry the plastique in them -- so you can blow up the dam, or something

.....oh, for God's sake, this show was so stupid.

Did I need to spoiler that?  Does anyone on the planet care?

Edited by Captanne

I hope someone puts together a video of all of Red's scenes and uploads it to youtube.

I'm pretty sure we won't be getting Red plush toys

Red's agent has said that Red does not want to be connected to this show in any way forward.  So, no plush toys.

The one thing this show can take credit for:  a great defense of atheism.

Nope, not at all.  Fanaticism of any kind doesn't detract from the object being fawned over.

Food is good, eating disorders don't change that.  TV is good, watching 12 hours a day doesn't change that.  The Internet is good.  Scams on it don't change that.

Faith is good.  Religious fanatics don't change that. 

In fact, one could submit that atheism is religious fanaticism.

• Love 2