Type keyword(s) to search

@Midnight - General Discussion

Skyfall
  • Start Topic

Her voice on Modern Family while not as deep as B99, I  think it's somewhat lower than her real voice but I chalked up the difference between the MF and B99 was that she was doing a Colombian accent on MF.

Since this week is the 2017 Tournament of Champions, I thought I'd post last year's results. I'm a little disappointed that Paul F. isn't coming back, but maybe the far-reaching plan is to have a MEGA-tourney in 2019 featuring the three champions from 2016, 2017 and 2018. Well, if the show's still around, that is...

Mo 3/7/16: Doug Benson, Nikki Glaser, Kyle Kinane - winner, Kyle Kinane
Tu 3/8/16: Paul F. Tompkins, Jen Kirkman, Randy Sklar - winner, Paul F. Tompkins (who also won the championship)
We 3/9/16: Ron Funches, Jesse Joyce, Tom Lennon - winner, Jesse Joyce

• Love 2
3 hours ago, trow125 said:

Since this week is the 2017 Tournament of Champions, I thought I'd post last year's results. I'm a little disappointed that Paul F. isn't coming back, but maybe the far-reaching plan is to have a MEGA-tourney in 2019 featuring the three champions from 2016, 2017 and 2018. Well, if the show's still around, that is...

Mo 3/7/16: Doug Benson, Nikki Glaser, Kyle Kinane - winner, Kyle Kinane
Tu 3/8/16: Paul F. Tompkins, Jen Kirkman, Randy Sklar - winner, Paul F. Tompkins (who also won the championship)
We 3/9/16: Ron Funches, Jesse Joyce, Tom Lennon - winner, Jesse Joyce

I'm confused, you're post in the other thread says Paul F is coming back: 

They're doing another Tournament of Champions week:

Mo 3/27: Ron Funches, Moshe Kasher, Mamrie Hart
Tu 3/28: Doug Benson, Jesse Joyce, Megan Neuringer
We 3/29: Paul F. Tompkins, Kyle Kinane, Milana Vayntrub
Th 3/30: Tournament of Champions

Favorite joke 'o the night was from Funches about the shush emoji: When you're the assistant coach at Penn State.

What else could the raised eyebrow emoji be but The Rock!? Ron's delivery made me laugh, though. You, sir, are a treasure.

I'm looking forward to Moshe's new series.

Edited by Lord Donia
  • Love 1
On 3/27/2017 at 11:17 PM, PatternRec said:

I'm confused, you're post in the other thread says Paul F is coming back: 

oops, I can't believe I missed that in my cutting & pasting...!

I was happy to see Moshe point out the "class warfare" thing, even jokingly. The one aspect of the show that's made me feel uncomfortable recently is when Hardwick, who has a net worth of ~$10 million, makes fun of people on a much lower economic scale. 

The show was funny, and I don't mind Benson winning, though I'm sure he'll be insufferable about it. 

Did anyone else think the comedians dropped the ball when Chris mentioned that gymnast farting? Someone should have repeated Doug's "fwa-fwa-fwa." 

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Are his in-laws 1% members?  Or top 1% of the 1%?

heh reminds me of my thoughts having followed Hardwick over the years:

• when Legendary buys Nerdist "illuminati suspected"
  • when Chris Marries Lydia Hearst "illuminati confirmed" 
Edited by PatternRec

To my ear, Moshe's FTW entry got a bigger reaction. It certainly did at my house. Bah.

16 hours ago, ABay said:

"Boise, Idaho, you're on the air". I just about died laughing.

I literally spit out my cereal. I might've woken up the neighbors.

• Love 2
On 4/18/2017 at 2:22 PM, attica said:

Flo has a name other than Flo! Amazing!

"Angelina Jolie Rancher' made me laugh.

What's more is I had NO idea that she's the Stephanie Courtney from Tom Goes to the Mayor.  I recognized her name but never ever ever would have guessed the Rats Off To Ya! girl and Tom's wife is also Flo.

On 4/21/2017 at 9:49 PM, ganesh said:

I'm not a huge Felicia Day fan. I don't quite get the internet fawning over her. She was seriously hilarious on the show though. 

I didn't find anything she said funny. I don't get the fawning either. 

12 hours ago, paigow said:

Hardwick - or his intern - must be tracking this forum because he is now telling the audience to "get their own fucking show" each time no elimination occurs....

Hardwick doesn't need us to hear complaints about the show - he's got Twitter :D 

• Love 1

I liked how the Tuesday panel was so dumbfounded about the oral sex robot that they were all speechless. 

Arden was overall hilarious.

Edited by ganesh

All the repeated showings of Gladiator on AMC must be influencing Hardwick... He is the Roman version of Harvey Dent...His evil Commodus and good Maximus struggling for control...Usually, Commodus gives thumbs down and a gladiator is terminated; however, Maximus The Merciful occasionally defies the kill order and wins mob love... 

Was that really Madonna in that photo with Sarah Paulson standing behind her? As in, "Material Girl" 1980s Madonna? It didn't look anything like her. She must have incredible plastic surgeons. Or, is there another Madonna?

Hardwick seemed to have a weird lack of self-awareness repeatedly complaining about an actor being chosen for the cover of the comedy issue of a magazine while hosting musicians competing on a show for comedians.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, jbrecken said:

Hardwick seemed to have a weird lack of self-awareness repeatedly complaining about an actor being chosen for the cover of the comedy issue of a magazine while hosting musicians competing on a show for comedians.

His default rebuttal is "Get your own fucking show" to any criticism....

Are Steel Panther a real band? I was watching under the impression they're not. But I don't know about anything metal. (Except that the co-opting of traditional girl makeup and hair while all the while making actual women invisible or just holes is tedious to me. Which is just one of the reasons I don't follow metal.)

• Love 2

I like Star Wars. I'm slightly above a casual fan but not a Star Wars nerd. It's cool. I'm glad it's continuing as a franchise. The May 4th episode was fun having the characters on, but Chris needs to dial it down a little. I'm glad Eugene/Lucas was like, uh you know it's a kids' show? I mean there's a line where it becomes mania. 

(edited)

The mom show was a great idea, but yeah, hanging out with the Harwick's would be a little much. I did feel bad for her standing there for so long. 

The green screen videos with the moms was really funny. 

May 10th: Did Chris get bullied in high school or something? His rant was more disturbing than funny. I mean, if he did, that's not good, and I hope he's been able to work through it or talk to someone. 

Edited by ganesh

The basketball jokes really fell flat and were an obviously uncomfortable fit for Chris Hardwick who usually admits he doesn't follow sports. But he just had to plug his new season of The Wall. I know this isn't the topic but has anyone else watched that? It's awful. I can't believe it got renewed but I guess it's cheap and brings in decent ratings when it's off-season.

9 hours ago, iMonrey said:

The basketball jokes really fell flat and were an obviously uncomfortable fit for Chris Hardwick who usually admits he doesn't follow sports. But he just had to plug his new season of The Wall. I know this isn't the topic but has anyone else watched that? It's awful. I can't believe it got renewed but I guess it's cheap and brings in decent ratings when it's off-season.

Yeah, it's pretty awful.

I did like the puppy-themed show, I'm a sucker for puppies. Downward Dog is a really strange show, and I've never heard of any of the panelists before. I wonder how Allison Tolman would have done.