Type keyword(s) to search

The Music Of Galavant

It's still pretty useless, but I would have tolerated "Different Kind of Princess" a lot more if an actual famous rock star sang it.

I've gotten my niece's friend hooked on Galavant and she loves "Different Kind of Princess." She made me suffer through it twice yesterday while I took her home. I guess to each her own but I'm still with you in the opinion that it is a truly useless song and doesn't fit with the tone and tenor of the rest of the show's music.

It's hard to choose, but "Maybe You Won't Die Alone" is one of my favorites, not only because of the melody and lyrics, but for Joshua Sasse's movements (I don't think you can call it dancing) during the song.

when he sings "believe me, trust me, she knows" and hes under the table and he moves is head from side to side? gets me every time. 

• Love 5

So I saw on the release schedule something called Galavant: The Unreleased Collection was released today in Asutralia. So I rush over to iTunes and there it is. I then click on Cast of Galavant hoping that everything else has finally been released in Australia But nope, just the new album. So it seems Australia is only allowed Unreleased material. The released material is too sacred for us to have access to.

But hey, at least I get A Hero's Journey and Secret Mission in studio form. 

• Love 2

I'm trying to hold out hope here. I'd definitely buy the series set, too, eventually, but the music set is a must. I never bought anything via iTunes because that's a last resort for me when a physical album isn't possible.

My complete soundtrack has shipped from Amazon. Woooo! Get your order in. I have to imagine if sales for this are strong, it might convince them to release the whole show, or dare I say, revive it?

• Love 3

I plan to get the physical version of the complete soundtrack but for an Aussies out there, it is also available digitally on our iTunes. Finally after what feels like years of waiting Australia has access to all the songs for purchasing.

18 hours ago, TheRabbi said:

My complete soundtrack has shipped from Amazon. Woooo! Get your order in. I have to imagine if sales for this are strong, it might convince them to release the whole show, or dare I say, revive it?

I like your thinking. Josh Sasse is free now!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I like your thinking. Josh Sasse is free now!

OTOH, Timothy Omundson is currently recovering from a minor stroke - he's been in rehab for the last 5 weeks, and it's hard to say just what his status is at the moment.  :-(

7 hours ago, HighQueenEB said:

OTOH, Timothy Omundson is currently recovering from a minor stroke - he's been in rehab for the last 5 weeks, and it's hard to say just what his status is at the moment.  :-(

I know. This made me so sad. Esp now as he starts tweeting - and it's clear his speech/spelling is a little garbled. WAH. But if anyone can smash recovery out of the park (as Clare Foster tweeted him), it's King Richard, with a wee bit o' Lassie. All good thoughts.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, betsyboo said:

I know. This made me so sad. Esp now as he starts tweeting - and it's clear his speech/spelling is a little garbled. WAH. But if anyone can smash recovery out of the park (as Clare Foster tweeted him), it's King Richard, with a wee bit o' Lassie. All good thoughts.

Responding in the Media thread.

Got the Complete Collection soundtrack for Christmas and I've been listening to it every day! I think the season 2 songs were better, or at least more memorable. Its hard to pick because I love them all, but my top 10 favorites:

1) Serenade (Maybe You Won't Die Alone)

2) What Am I Feeling

3) Let's Agree to Disagree

4) Do D'Dew

5) Off With His Shirt

6) Finally

7) Dwarves vs Giants

8) I Don't Like You

9) Goodbye

10) Season Two Finale 

Also love for My Dragon Pal and Me, the World's Best Kiss reprise (Karen freaking nailed it) and any time the theme song was used.

• Love 1

I love the Unreleased Collection - finally have "Hero's Journey" and "A Happy Ending for Us" (Chef & Gwynne's poison song) to listen to to my heart's content.  Plus, the Menken-voiced demo version of "Your Mother Is a Whore."  What I wouldn't give for ABC's censors to have allowed that song and scene.  It would have been hilarious!  But, the other gem on the Unreleased Collection is "Manlyology," which is the Gareth song from S1 that was cut.  The demo version they gave us has Vinnie, Tim and Darren singing and speaking during the song and I'm pretty sure that they actually filmed this song but cut it from the show after focus groups said they didn't think it was believable to have Gareth singing that early in the series (it would have been episode 2, in place of the dialogue where Gareth teaches Richard how to "man up").  It's a shame that there weren't any extras on the DVDs, because this scene would have been worth the price of the DVDs alone.

• Love 1