Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E07: Breaking Branches

• Start Topic

Was Brandi pregnant when she and Eddie got married? I honestly don't know and I've never bothered to do the math, but that would be my guess as to how she got Eddie to make a commitment.

In any case I've always assumed that relationship was a long train wreck full of cheating(on both sides), fights, separations, and makeup sex. You know they were probably just like the immature morons over at Vanderpump Rules when they first met. If Eddie hadn't managed to land a whale like Leanne I think they would still be together in all of their glorious dysfunction. My take is he left her because he found someone with more money than God to take care of him, not because Brandi was too crazy for him.

I wondered too if she was pregnant but apparently not if these dates are correct.  She and Eddie married on May 12, 2001  and their oldest son was born on June 8, 2003.  I have no idea why this guy fell in love with her.  Not that I find him totally normal either.

• Love 2

How many days were Brandi and Eddie married?  Speaking for me (and I'm not a man), I can see her wrapping those long legs around him and doing something sexually daring on their first night together -- which also happened to be the night they met -- and Eddie thinking "WOW!  What have we here?!!"  Then, let's say for the sake of argument that they were married for 600 days.  At the end of one month, Eddie could clearly see what he'd married ... the same thing we see.  He'd married a tramp who didn't mind living in squalor, who didn't cook, who cared about nothing but sex.  How would you like to live for 600 days like that?  I almost admire him!!  Finally, after two kids and much, much more squalor, he went a-rovin'.  Who wouldn't have?  Finally, he found someone who gave good sex and made cookies once in a while, and he filed for divorce.  Simple as that.  I don't see how any man could be happy with Brandi as a wife and mother.  Ever.  Unless she married a total moneychaser, I can't see her ever remarrying.  She is just too much of a mess.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 4

Eh. I think LeAnn Rimes is a freaking nut case, in her own right. Who knows what Brandi was like when she met Eddie? But, knowing that he chose crazy LeAnn over her doesn't look bad on Brandi, imo. It looks bad on Eddie. Maybe he's got a savior complex. Maybe he's an opportunist. Who knows?

I'm a lot like Brandi in a lot of ways, but I like myself. I think that's what she's missing. She's got really low self esteem and a ton of anxiety. That's a bad combo.

• Love 4

I thought Brandi and Eddie met when they were both young and in modeling, and neither was any sort of star or anything.  Young people with party lifestyles do stupid things like getting married because they're having fun partying with someone.

I still can't get over Brandi breaking off a branch of LIsa's tree.  I don't know why I it bothers me so much, but it really does. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 4

Brandi is a couple of years older than Eddie and they dated for several years before they married-if Brandi's stories are correct.  He was working as an actor and married her in the middle of his Third Watch tenure, so he was successful and I believe they were (or she joined him in) living in New York.  I do not know what is wrong or right with the guy but in the limited side of his story he presented it seems Brandi was a bit of a drama queen.

It hurts to get dumped but I can't imagine with Brandi bringing third parties into the bedroom that she could possibly think the marriage was going to be around for the long term.  I have always gotten the impression that Brandi wanted more of the limelight and that was something Eddie could not deliver to her.  Funny how her separation from Eddie allowed her to chase her dream. 

• Love 1

It blows my mind how these women think Lisa needs to just "get over" or "let go" being ticked at Brandi.  No way in hell I'd let that nutjob back in my inner circle.  She shredded her relationship with Lisa and expecting her to get over it is beyond crazy.  Lisa showing up to Brandi's housewarming was nothing more than the old "keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" scenario.  Brandi knows she screwed up and I thinks it's hysterical how desperate she is to get back in Lisa's good graces. 

So far loving Lisa Rinna and Eileen.  They don't seem to get into the BS that the other ladies do....especially Eileen.  And Kyle is always the sh!t stirrer.  Claiming she hates the drama but is the first one to start the conversations about who did/said what behind everyones back. 

• Love 7

Judging by Brandi and LeAnn, Eddie likes 'em crazy and insecure. Eddie had a girlfriend when he and Brandi hooked up, that relationship ended under mysterious circumstances (my money is on Eddie's main girlfriend finding out that he had a chick on the side named Brandi), Eddie and Brandi then dated for a few years and got married. Eddie could have married Brandi because it was what he wanted, but they did live together for a while, so he could have been up against a fish or cut bait situation / "when are you going to make an honest woman of her" pressure.

I suspect that Eddie's attraction to Brandi was lots and lots of no limits sex. I can see why Brandi is perceived as not being very "cleansy" because of the dog poop, but I actually think the other attraction was that Brandi positioned herself as Eddie's little woman and trophy wife and made sure that he came home to a clean house and a nice meal, but Eddie also had the money to pay for housekeepers, nannies and caterers/restaurants. It's been mentioned that Brandi can cook, so she probably cooked but they ate out a lot as well - Radar Online published Brandi's income and expense declaration from when they divorced:

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/02/real-needy-housewife-of-beverly-hills-secret-document-exposes-how-brandi-glanvilles-monthly-expenses-totaled-40k-when-she-was-married-to-ex-husband-eddie-cibrian/

http://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/wmbrandi_glanville_income_and_expense359.pdf

Eddie and LeAnn are awful but a lot of things that have been said about them were put out there by Brandi who we now know does not always tell the complete, unvarnished truth. Brandi has been dead on about some of the things she's said about her ex and his current wife, but I think that she has said other things that are along the lines of her putting out there that Lisa and Ken lived in Calabasas and were on the verge of bankruptcy, or along the lines of her being very one-sided and portraying herself as then victim when she's anything but, like she's doing when she discusses her current feud with Lisa, or when she discussed her feud with Adrienne and Paul.

ETA:

I think that like most people Eddie got exhausted by Brandi, even with his penchant for crazy women, a vicious psycho like Brandi may have been too much for the long haul. Eddie treated Brandi horribly and IIRC said he never respected her and I suspect that they got caught up in a vicious cycle of him being a disrespectful asshole and her being a vicious psycho.

Edited by quinn
  • Love 1

Eddie and LeAnn are awful but a lot of things that have been said about them were put out there by Brandi who we now know does not always tell the complete, unvarnished truth. Brandi has been dead on about some of the things she's said about her ex and his current wife, but I think that she has said other things that are along the lines of her putting out there that Lisa and Ken lived in Calabasas and were on the verge of bankruptcy, or along the lines of her being very one-sided and portraying herself as then victim when she's anything but, like she's doing when she discusses her current feud with Lisa, or when she discussed her feud with Adrienne and Paul.

I never followed the divorce drama so I'm not completely sure why Leann is considered a psycho. But I know what Brandi is so I take whatever she says with a grain of salt.  I would've divorced her, too.  And kept my car in the garage to spare my tires.

That said, the picture attached in the above link?  They were a pretty couple.

Based on the court records, Brandi spent over $6000 a month on 'exterior' improvements.  Pilates, dermatologists, dentists, clothing.  Not a single penny spent on a therapist or philanthropy that I can see.  She should have spent some time and money on making her insides as pretty as her outsides.  She is the perfect example of how beauty fades but dumb is forever.

• Love 7

Maybe because I just thought Brandi never belonged or because I work from transcripts in real life but I thought Brandi threw out some pretty incendiary comments on Game Night before the Kim blew up.  Prior to Brandi gracing us with her presence we had not heard, "bring it on bitches", "I am going to fucking kill you", "in the bathroom doing meth", "I am a slut".   To me this were pretty big indicators that Brandi was in it to win it and by that I mean garner the most press attention and score the biggest book deals and most importantly to her, be given a stage where she could discuss how wronged she was by her husband.

It blows my mind how these women think Lisa needs to just "get over" or "let go" being ticked at Brandi.  No way in hell I'd let that nutjob back in my inner circle.  She shredded her relationship with Lisa and expecting her to get over it is beyond crazy.  Lisa showing up to Brandi's housewarming was nothing more than the old "keep your friends close but keep your enemies closer" scenario.  Brandi knows she screwed up and I thinks it's hysterical how desperate she is to get back in Lisa's good graces. 

So far loving Lisa Rinna and Eileen.  They don't seem to get into the BS that the other ladies do....especially Eileen.  And Kyle is always the sh!t stirrer.  Claiming she hates the drama but is the first one to start the conversations about who did/said what behind everyones back. 

I don't think anyone expects someone to truly get over or forgive and that is why they use the term move on.  I know as a viewer we are eight weeks into the season still screwing around with Lisa playing cat and mouse with Brandi and avoiding the conversation.  They are co-workers, they need to interact, every scene should not be about Lisa and her strategy for attending an event, speaking or not speaking to Brandi, if someone else is too close to Brandi.  Nor should it be about Brandi chasing Ken and Lisa around trying to get them to proclaim their love for her.  They were allies on a team, the team blew up, now they need to both get back in the game and play and perhaps forget this ridiculous team concept or the idea one is not a good friend if one doesn't defend (Lisa) at every turn.

Ripping off olive branches and presenting them to the host-is exactly what Brandi does to garner attention.  It would be ludicrous to think the other women, who were not witness to last years battles not to ask about the olive branch ceremony.

• Love 3

My two cents, regarding the Olive tree branch, because I don't remember having read it (but I possibly have missed it): the olive tree branch is considered -at least here, in Europe- as a symbol of peace... Like a white colombe

And, regarding the "pig" comment, so I'm a pig too, because, for me, sex is not a dirty thing. Alone, with my hubby or with my hubby ans an invited person, as long as everybody is OK with it... And I assume it, like it and I perfectly live with it. Gruiiiiik ;)

PS : and that comment does not mean that I'm totally OK with Brandi, really not, but, regarding sex, as long it doesn't hurt MY life and that's done between OK people, who am I to judge or condone it ? Really ?

Edited by Diane Mars
  • Love 1

When Brandi made her vulgar comment to Lisa didn't she also say something like, "come on, you know I'm good"?? Wooow. This makes me think that Lisa (and Ken) and Brandi really have hooked up before. Brandi is just a pig. I can already see her hitting on her son's friends when they reach 15 or 16.

I thought Brandi said "I've heard that I'm good at it".

I don't think for one second that there has been any type of hook up between Brandi, Lisa and/or Ken.  Lisa seems very, very protective (jealous) of Ken, and Ken clearly adores Lisa.  For all of Lisa's bawdy, off-color comments, I still think she is pretty traditional and conventional in her own personal sex life, i.e., no threesomes, no dipping in the lady pond just for kicks, etc.

Also, don't you think that "truth cannon" Brandi would have dropped that bomb somewhere (or alluded to it), whether on her pod-cast, or during an interview, on WWHL, or at a reunion?  I think, with the way Brandi lashes out without a filter, she would have definitely either hinted at that or blurted it out, either in hurt or anger.

• Love 9

I never followed the divorce drama so I'm not completely sure why Leann is considered a psycho. But I know what Brandi is so I take whatever she says with a grain of salt.  I would've divorced her, too.  And kept my car in the garage to spare my tires.

That said, the picture attached in the above link?  They were a pretty couple.

Based on the court records, Brandi spent over $6000 a month on 'exterior' improvements.  Pilates, dermatologists, dentists, clothing.  Not a single penny spent on a therapist or philanthropy that I can see.  She should have spent some time and money on making her insides as pretty as her outsides.  She is the perfect example of how beauty fades but dumb is forever.

Replied to in the Brandi thread:

http://forums.previously.tv/topic/827-brandi-glanville-drinking-and-tweeting-a-book-and-a-lifestyle/page-6#entry695968

• Love 1

This episode suffered from too much Brandi.

At first I could believe that Eileen didn't know the backstory between Lisa V. and Brandi because she seems too secure and happy with her life to bother giving time to watch past episodes  of these women in order to know the drama. However, I didn't believe for a second that Lisa R. wouldn't have watched each episode a billion times to figure out her angle and her storyline in advance. That's when I realized Eileen was just a better actress than Lisa. Snerk.

I do like Eileen a lot and the show benefits from having her on. When the women were sitting around talking about Lisa V. and past issues, Eileen talked about putting your best out there, as well as comments about not judging, and the other women took her lead. This I like. This is far superior to shrieking, catty behavior that seems so anti-women and which had caused me to nearly give up on this series.

Edited by The Closer
  • Love 4

My two cents, regarding the Olive tree branch, because I don't remember having read it (but I possibly have missed it): the olive tree branch is considered -at least here, in Europe- as a symbol of peace... Like a white colombe

Oh, I understand the symbolism as "offering an olive branch" is a peace offering in the U.S., too.  It's just unsufferably rude to damage someone's trees as a "peace offering"!  That is far more likely to enrage someone, especially as it comes off passive-aggressive, or just plain aggressive to damage someone's property.

I love trees, though, and I think Lisa had them imported for her club so they probably weren't cheap and might have been still been sensitive to their replanting.

• Love 8
I don't think Lisa V is holding a grudge against Brandi, I think she's just over her. Done.

Don't get me wrong -- I think Lisa V thinks she's done.  But somebody who's done just rolls their eyes and shrugs.  They don't keep working in references to their pain and their level of mistrust.  They let a comment like Brandi's about Col. Angus fall with a thud, knowing it will be on tv and make her look like a fool, instead of running to tell the others (pretending to be above it all yet wanting to make sure everybody knows precisely what was said).  

Adrienne is done with Brandi.  Lisa?  Not so much.  But then Adrienne was never close to Brandi, and likely has no more to fear from her.  Lisa?  Maybe not so much.  

• Love 3
Adrienne is done with Brandi.  Lisa?  Not so much.  But then Adrienne was never close to Brandi, and likely has no more to fear from her.  Lisa?  Maybe not so much.

If Adrienne is done with Brandi I wonder why she even bothers giving her the time of day? I felt like Adrienne was willing to put up with Brandi this year so that she could get some camera time.

Camille certainly seems over Brandi and I'm glad of that. I want these women to band together and blackball her ass. I also want Brandi to get the ultimate grilling at the reunion. (Are they close to filming that?) It's long overdue. Andy fucking owes us this one as far as I'm concerned.

• Love 2

I'm not about to call you an idiot or any other name because you seem like a nice enough person. However, I am not cool with assuming that I know how much or how little "sting" someone who isn't me feels when on the receiving end of rudeness...even if that individual is part of a group that enjoys more privilege than I do. In fact, isn't applying a blanket assumption to an entire group the very meaning of bigotry? Anyway, I don't think you're a bigot; I just think that a 110-pound chick can feel just as shitty as a 250-pound one when someone offers an unsolicited "Are you anorexic?"…or the ever-classy throat-poking finger motion.

That said, Lisa's daughters were being pretty assy. 

I have to agree. I've been on both ends of the spectrum, although I have to say that if someone called me "skinny" I was usually delighted. However, once a guy in my high school class insisted he was ahead of me in line, and after shoving in front of me to take what he wanted, he angrily called me "Olive Oyl."  That hurt every bit as much as if someone had called me chub chub at a different point in life.

Just because we seem to think there was no backlash, doesn't mean that what Lisa did wasn't offensive or that she didn't try to harm his friendships and business.   She wasn't effective; it wasn't for lack of effot.

She shouldn't have said it in any event, but I don't think she intended the comment to ruin anyone's reputation. Snark is snark.

• Love 2

Exactly. If the actual backlash is the problem at the end of the day, than Lisa V would have little reason to have been pissed at either Brandi or Adrienne. I believe it was the intent, not the outcome that caused the issue.

Mauricio's business might not have been harmed, but what about their reputation in the court of public opinion? Can anyone deny that their reputation took a huge hit with lots of folks who watch the show? I didn't read this particular forum back then, but Kyle's name was rarely mentioned without talk of what a "user" she was on other reputable forums frequented by smart and attentive viewers such as TWoP or Vulture. She was certainly hammered away at every single week on the Bravo blogs. It mattered not what she said or did, it all came back to her lack of integrity based on a few words from Lisa. It drove the narrative in the way people viewed her for a very long time. It still does.

Even more amazing was the way Kyle's behavior and motives began to be reviewed from the first season. One thing that Kyle pretty much always had going for her was that folks in large part felt like she was the wounded party in the whole Camille deal. After Lisa's made her claims a lot of people started ruminating on the fact that maybe Kyle wasn't so innocent and Camille wasn't so bad. Kyle and Mauricio had just been using Camille, so why shouldn't she treat Kyle like shit and threaten to fire him via text? Lisa completely changed the way many people who liked Kyle before started viewing her. Again, it took her over a year to set the record straight.

For me, Kyle's downfall came mostly from her treatment of Kim at the fateful party and especially in the limousine. That was the discussion I was seeing. Then, when the first pileup on Lisa, her supposed good friend, came at reunion time, there was Kyle, calling Lisa Bobby Fischer. When Adrienne came at Lisa out of left field, Kyle didn't miss a beat in joining her.

I just don't see that a comment from Lisa about Kyle and Mauricio befriending people who were potential clients changed how the public at large viewed Kyle. Most commentary against Kyle began long before that, and she was perceived as a "mean girl" by many. I also don't think people harbor much personal animus against others for doing something which benefits their business. Now, when someone "outs" and trashes her sister on national TV, and sides with the atrocious Taylor when she bullies Kim, that will make people sit up and take notice.

• Love 3

Taylor was lucky to land another man to take care of her but, other than her frozen face, she is attractive enough and she has issues but is not as insane as Brandi. So I could see *someone* going for her.

Taylor isn't as insane as Brandi? Are we sure about this? The woman who put herself inside a suitcase and demanded that she wanted to go home? The woman who lost her marbles at the Malibu Beach Party? The woman who  used stories of domestic abuse to manipulate the other women? The woman who staged a coup against Lisa in her own home? Taylor and Brandi may be different kinds of crazy, but I could never give Taylor any kind of pass for her lunatic behavior.

• Love 10

For me, Kyle's downfall came mostly from her treatment of Kim at the fateful party and especially in the limousine. That was the discussion I was seeing. Then, when the first pileup on Lisa, her supposed good friend, came at reunion time, there was Kyle, calling Lisa Bobby Fischer. When Adrienne came at Lisa out of left field, Kyle didn't miss a beat in joining her.

I just don't see that a comment from Lisa about Kyle and Mauricio befriending people who were potential clients changed how the public at large viewed Kyle. Most commentary against Kyle began long before that, and she was perceived as a "mean girl" by many. I also don't think people harbor much personal animus against others for doing something which benefits their business. Now, when someone "outs" and trashes her sister on national TV, and sides with the atrocious Taylor when she bullies Kim, that will make people sit up and take notice.

I certainly agree with a lot of this. I do think that the initial dislike of Kyle stemmed from the deal with Kim - no question about it. By the end of S2, however, when most folks had seen what a nightmare that Kim was, and folks recognized what Kyle had been dealing with most of her life, feelings about Kyle softened on this quite a bit. 

I never saw Kyle fail to "miss a beat" in joining Adrienne.  Kyle had her own issues with Lisa, as they both admitted.  I get that the narrative Lisa was trying to sell was that it was a huge "gang up" on her and that since Lisa said it for the most part it becomes fact. Easier to act like everyone got together to go after her than to admit that a couple of different folks had their own issues with her.  I get that. I also get that what Kyle said wasn't nice or probably easy to hear. Friends often tell us things about ourselves that are hard to hear.  What I believe is that Kyle meant it. She did/does think that it is sometimes hard to be friends with Lisa. That was how she actually felt at the time, and I have never heard her deny that this is in fact true, and that she probably still believes it. 

The difference in what Lisa said about Kyle and Mauricio is that she was saying something that she didn't believe, as she said later when she apologized.  Lots of folks who knew nothing about their prior relationship believed it as well, because Lisa conveniently left all of that out, and might have continued to do so had Kyle not reminded her of it all at the S4 reunion. Ken hired Mauricio years ago to be their agent (over a dozen by the time of the reunion). They supposedly became friends and then introduced the ladies to each other. Obviously stories vary on how close they were, but the point is, they had been friends to some degree for a long time by the time Lisa and Ken sold their next home.  Does anyone actually believe that K&M sat around pretending to be friends with them for 10 years simply in the hope they would eventually have another house to list? If this is what they do (as Lisa clearly indicated), how in the world do they have time to manage all of these fake friendships? Mauricio sold over $300MM in real estate.  If he is waiting around forging phony bonds for 10 years, how would he accomplish any of this? It makes absolutely no sense, and of course Lisa acted like she and Ken had done Mauricio some type of huge favor; like they threw him a bone. He brought them the buyer. He came to them with this huge offer, which they said they couldn't turn down because it was so huge. By their own admission, Mauricio made them a ton of money, which Lisa conveniently left out in her simple desire to make K&M look bad. Of course the silliest part of what Lisa said is that she included Adrienne and Paul and their home, when their home wasn't even on the market during the whole fake lawsuit deal.  Again, the assumption being that Mauricio would just always suck up to anyone if they owned a home in the hope that they might one day sell it.  Whatever Lisa. She says it so it must be true. 

Lisa had to go after Kyle in S3 because she knew that Kyle would walk on the stage the better person (for once) because she was on the right side of the Adrienne deal. Lisa had loudly and forcefully been on the side of evil and she knew it. If Kyle decided to make a "thing" of this, Lisa could look bad.  She need not have worried because Kyle is simply not smart enough to get specific with Lisa. She will throw dirt at her, but she will be subtle and not give away any secrets.  Lisa took the one thing that Kyle had over her and marginalized it to the extreme. Lisa took the fact that K&M had correctly backed Adrienne and turned it into something very ugly so that maybe folks would forget her own horrible role in the Adrienne deal.  It was easy because they had been largely criticized for their treatment of "poor, single Brandi", but of course by the reunion we all knew that none of it had been true. Brandi was the horrible one, but Lisa wanted to make sure we all thought that title should be planted on K&M.  

It was all about making Kyle pay, because Lisa holds a grudge.

She admitted after the reunion in a magazine interview that Yo had come to her right before they filmed the reunion and confessed that she had talked some smack about Lisa.  When Kyle brought this up, Yo denied it. It fell to Lisa to say who she believed.  She said she believed Yo. She knew that Kyle was the one telling the truth as she later admitted, but it was more important for Kyle to look bad than to admit the truth.  Again, another example of Lisa throwing something out there that she knew to not be true for the simple reason that she needed to make sure Kyle looked bad in order to pay her back for S2.  Of course it all worked beautifully because if Lisa says it - even when she goes back later and corrects it - it is gospel. 

Edited by motorcitymom65
  • Love 8

I would put Brandi slightly ahead of Taylor in the insanity department.  Taylor was drunk in a suitcase, but...tampon string.  Taylor, at the Malibu party, was freaky scary drunk but to me, Brandi seems capable of being truly dangerous.  Drunk or sober. 

That said, I didn't watch Taylor and her future ex-husband on Marriage Bootcamp or whatever it was called.

• Love 3

Taylor and Brandi may be different kinds of crazy, but I could never give Taylor any kind of pass for her lunatic behavior.

Taylor and Brandi are two branches on Ye Old Crazy Tree.  My wife's new GP is "CELEBrations"- I watched the Taylor wedding episode with her and that woman is truly batshit.  "I'm a Gemini, so I have eight different personalities."  Think that's a metaphor?  Nope.  She wanted the wedding planner to find her eight dresses because she didn't know which persona she would wake up with on her wedding day.  I just don't find her as offensive or malicious as I find Brandi.

Ripping the branch off the tree, for me, was unforgivable.  (Not that I have any forgiveness left for Brandi after her dumb comments of years past.)  I'm not even a regular viewer and I know I've read articles on a dozen sites about PUMP and the careful planning that went into building and decorating.  The trees are a hundred years old and were shipped in and treated so as not to produce fruit - supposedly Lisa was there for the planting of each and every one.  She spent something like 15 hours a day in the restaurant making sure everything was just so.

She's a perfectionist with the wine glasses and the flowers and most else - if Brandi's trying to get back on her good side, ripping a branch off of a cherished tree in the restaurant she's most proud of is definitely not the way to do it. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Love 8

I wondered too if she was pregnant but apparently not if these dates are correct.  She and Eddie married on May 12, 2001  and their oldest son was born on June 8, 2003.  I have no idea why this guy fell in love with her.  Not that I find him totally normal either.

Actually I just posted on the Vanderpump Rules thread about this. It seems to me that Eddie may just have the worst taste in women of just about anyone I can recall. He married Brandi and LeAnn and cheated with Scheanna of Vanderpump Rules.  

As I mentioned there, whatever the man has done, and he certainly strikes me as pond scum (handsome pond scum, but scum nonetheless), KARMA is, and has  certainly been sent via the crazy women in his life.   

• Love 5

This is something I have never understood with these women. All of them on all franchises really. If someone turned on me the way Brandi turned on Lisa, and I have seen others in the franchises turn, there is no way in hell they would ever be my friend agian. Period.

Maybe that just makes me an unforgiving bitch, but there you have it.

Add to that, many of these friendships, like Lisa and Brandi, are so short term, why bother?  I don't waste my time with people like that.

Short term friends start to  get annoying even, I start to back away. Life is just too short to waste on people like that.

I handle it pretty much the way Lisa has, although I would have skipped the housewarming party. Polite but distant.

Of course I am not contractually obligated to hang with people I can't stand.   

• Love 7

Actually I just posted on the Vanderpump Rules thread about this. It seems to me that Eddie may just have the worst taste in women of just about anyone I can recall. He married Brandi and LeAnn and cheated with Scheanna of Vanderpump Rules.

As I mentioned there, whatever the man has done, and he certainly strikes me as pond scum (handsome pond scum, but scum nonetheless), KARMA is, and has certainly been sent via the crazy women in his life.

Eddie so has a type! From the one episode I watched of Leann's reality show she is just like Brandi. She even looks like Brandi, but shorter. It's kind of spooky actually.

• Love 2
If Adrienne is done with Brandi I wonder why she even bothers giving her the time of day? I felt like Adrienne was willing to put up with Brandi this year so that she could get some camera time.

By "done" I meant she doesn't care.  It's amazing how much easier a relationship gets when you recognize you have no respect or trust for a person, that they're meaningless to you and your happiness.  It doesn't cost Adrienne anything to be cautiously civil with Brandi.  There's no question of their ever being friends.  They're coworkers, and she'll talk to her on camera and be fine with that.  Brandi will stay in her lane.  But if Brandi goes out of her lane, Adrienne will cut her dead and not lose a moment's sleep.

Lisa, I think, is losing sleep over Brandi.  Not necessarily over losing her friendship, but over losing control of her.   

• Love 5

By "done" I meant she doesn't care.  It's amazing how much easier a relationship gets when you recognize you have no respect or trust for a person, that they're meaningless to you and your happiness.  It doesn't cost Adrienne anything to be cautiously civil with Brandi.  There's no question of their ever being friends.  They're coworkers, and she'll talk to her on camera and be fine with that.  Brandi will stay in her lane.  But if Brandi goes out of her lane, Adrienne will cut her dead and not lose a moment's sleep.

Lisa, I think, is losing sleep over Brandi.  Not necessarily over losing her friendship, but over losing control of her.   

I think Lisa is at the point of no return with Brandi and is done.  Yet, she probably IS losing sleep if she divulged/exposed too much to her.  No telling when Brandi's going to let the cat out of the bag.  Or the pussy out of the purse.  Your choice. ;-)

• Love 4
Ripping the branch off the tree, for me, was unforgivable.

It was unforgivable for me, too.  Certainly, it would be the straw that broke the camel's back if I were Lisa.  I'd be the nutjob screaming, "you ripped a branch off my tree!" at every reunion til the end of time when Brandi wanted me to apologize to her.

• Love 3

I have to agree. I've been on both ends of the spectrum, although I have to say that if someone called me "skinny" I was usually delighted. However, once a guy in my high school class insisted he was ahead of me in line, and after shoving in front of me to take what he wanted, he angrily called me "Olive Oyl." That hurt every bit as much as if someone had called me chub chub at a different point in life.

Deleted my long response. I just believe in the difference between meanness and individual discrimination and systemic discrimination. The 3 aren't the same and neither are their impact to society, though they're all very hurtful and, imo, wrong. Saying one thing has a larger overall negative impact doesn't mean the other thing can't, at times, be just as painful individually. But it's like the hate crime debate.

On another note, I'm interested in how long Lisa is going to keep being on the show. She seemed so overall tired when Brandi was trying to make friends with her again. Maybe she's really enjoying the new cast members.

I would put Brandi slightly ahead of Taylor in the insanity department. Taylor was drunk in a suitcase, but...tampon string. Taylor, at the Malibu party, was freaky scary drunk but to me, Brandi seems capable of being truly dangerous. Drunk or sober.

That said, I didn't watch Taylor and her future ex-husband on Marriage Bootcamp or whatever it was called.

I agree. I think Taylor had mostly alcohol issues and probably situational-based depression or something. I think Brandi has very deep-rooted issues. Edited by Betweenyouandme
  • Love 3

Lisa Rinna is certainly full of herself. Lordy!

Yup.  All that blather about staying relevant, and practicing her craft, and having not played a character outside her food chain.  Oy....

I actually skipped the last couple seasons of all the Housewives shows and have sporadically tuned in to BH this year because I was curious about LR.  After this ep, I actually went to IMDb because I didn't know WTF she's done other than Melrose Place and she was carrying on like she's some grande dame of Hollywood.

Turns out she was on Days of Our Lives until last year.  I don't watch soaps, so my bad.  Guess she's Meryl Streep, after all.

I keep forgetting to mention this, but it bugs me, so I just have to: I can't stand the way Kyle says, in the voiceover, "For more about the HOWZwives..."

That has made me mental from the first time I've ever heard it.  I try to fast forward through it every time.

Don't know what all the fuss was about re: Brandi's comment to Lisa V. Brandi asked her to lunch and offered to eat her pussy.  Clearly Lisa was to be either the app, entree', or dessert.  Duh.  

• Love 1

It wasn't in an episode, but she was caught drunk by paparazzi. She was hanging on to a man in a short dress, hiked up while she looked to be stumbling. In at least one picture, you can see a non-bloody tampon string. I hate the pictures. It's sad and should never have been released, imo, even though, yes, I get it- she voluntarily got too drunk.

Turns out she was on Days of Our Lives until last year.

Lisa R was on Days in the 90s and then off and on a few times since then. And no she is not Streep!

Edited by hypnotoad
  • Love 1

As mentioned above, Lisa never mentioned that Chad had a nervous breakdown and her reply was in response to Kim accusing Lisa of not being there for her. Good grief, Kim starts out slamming Lisa and then goes into crying/whining about wanting Lisa to "like" her, to "support" her and Lisa replies that she did indeed reach out to Kim when Chad "broke his leg". I do believe that Lisa did call Kim and offer some words of support and yes, Lisa said he "broke his leg" instead saying he went off his rocker, what should she have said? Most likely it was the only example she could give to show she has reached out to Kim.

It also seemed to me at the time that Lisa's voice sort of trailed off mid sentence when she realized where she was going. It didn't seem like any sort of deliberate out, but more like a response to Kim that wasn't thought out in advance. More of an "open mouth, insert foot" comment.

• Love 2

I thought Brandi said "I've heard that I'm good at it".

I don't think for one second that there has been any type of hook up between Brandi, Lisa and/or Ken.  Lisa seems very, very protective (jealous) of Ken, and Ken clearly adores Lisa.  For all of Lisa's bawdy, off-color comments, I still think she is pretty traditional and conventional in her own personal sex life, i.e., no threesomes, no dipping in the lady pond just for kicks, etc.

Also, don't you think that "truth cannon" Brandi would have dropped that bomb somewhere (or alluded to it), whether on her pod-cast, or during an interview, on WWHL, or at a reunion?  I think, with the way Brandi lashes out without a filter, she would have definitely either hinted at that or blurted it out, either in hurt or anger.

When Brandi made her vulgar comment to Lisa didn't she also say something like, "come on, you know I'm good"?? Wooow. This makes me think that Lisa (and Ken) and Brandi really have hooked up before. Brandi is just a pig. I can already see her hitting on her son's friends when they reach 15 or 16.

Brandi was on WWHL not too long ago (rockin' a Taylor Swift clone look.  At her age.  Anyway....) and Andy played a game where the guests had to take a sip of their drink if the answer to the questions he asked was yes. Of course they were all bawdy questions, one of which was "Have you ever taken a dip in the lady pond?". Brandi took a sip. Actually, IIRC she pretty much took a sip on all of them.  Maybe being truthful, maybe trying to be outrageous.  Who knows.

Or the Adderall.  She did lose weight between the seasons.  From the looks of her arms, it wasn't all due to a surgeon!

Heh, heh.  I noticed that during this episode, too.  Kyle really ought to avoid sleeveless anything.

I certainly agree with a lot of this. I do think that the initial dislike of Kyle stemmed from the deal with Kim - no question about it. By the end of S2, however, when most folks had seen what a nightmare that Kim was, and folks recognized what Kyle had been dealing with most of her life, feelings about Kyle softened on this quite a bit. 

I never saw Kyle fail to "miss a beat" in joining Adrienne.  Kyle had her own issues with Lisa, as they both admitted.  I get that the narrative Lisa was trying to sell was that it was a huge "gang up" on her and that since Lisa said it for the most part it becomes fact. Easier to act like everyone got together to go after her than to admit that a couple of different folks had their own issues with her.  I get that. I also get that what Kyle said wasn't nice or probably easy to hear. Friends often tell us things about ourselves that are hard to hear.  What I believe is that Kyle meant it. She did/does think that it is sometimes hard to be friends with Lisa. That was how she actually felt at the time, and I have never heard her deny that this is in fact true, and that she probably still believes it. 

The difference in what Lisa said about Kyle and Mauricio is that she was saying something that she didn't believe, as she said later when she apologized.  Lots of folks who knew nothing about their prior relationship believed it as well, because Lisa conveniently left all of that out, and might have continued to do so had Kyle not reminded her of it all at the S4 reunion. Ken hired Mauricio years ago to be their agent (over a dozen by the time of the reunion). They supposedly became friends and then introduced the ladies to each other. Obviously stories vary on how close they were, but the point is, they had been friends to some degree for a long time by the time Lisa and Ken sold their next home.  Does anyone actually believe that K&M sat around pretending to be friends with them for 10 years simply in the hope they would eventually have another house to list? If this is what they do (as Lisa clearly indicated), how in the world do they have time to manage all of these fake friendships? Mauricio sold over $300MM in real estate.  If he is waiting around forging phony bonds for 10 years, how would he accomplish any of this? It makes absolutely no sense, and of course Lisa acted like she and Ken had done Mauricio some type of huge favor; like they threw him a bone. He brought them the buyer. He came to them with this huge offer, which they said they couldn't turn down because it was so huge. By their own admission, Mauricio made them a ton of money, which Lisa conveniently left out in her simple desire to make K&M look bad. Of course the silliest part of what Lisa said is that she included Adrienne and Paul and their home, when their home wasn't even on the market during the whole fake lawsuit deal.  Again, the assumption being that Mauricio would just always suck up to anyone if they owned a home in the hope that they might one day sell it.  Whatever Lisa. She says it so it must be true. 

Lisa had to go after Kyle in S3 because she knew that Kyle would walk on the stage the better person (for once) because she was on the right side of the Adrienne deal. Lisa had loudly and forcefully been on the side of evil and she knew it. If Kyle decided to make a "thing" of this, Lisa could look bad.  She need not have worried because Kyle is simply not smart enough to get specific with Lisa. She will throw dirt at her, but she will be subtle and not give away any secrets.  Lisa took the one thing that Kyle had over her and marginalized it to the extreme. Lisa took the fact that K&M had correctly backed Adrienne and turned it into something very ugly so that maybe folks would forget her own horrible role in the Adrienne deal.  It was easy because they had been largely criticized for their treatment of "poor, single Brandi", but of course by the reunion we all knew that none of it had been true. Brandi was the horrible one, but Lisa wanted to make sure we all thought that title should be planted on K&M.  

It was all about making Kyle pay, because Lisa holds a grudge.

She admitted after the reunion in a magazine interview that Yo had come to her right before they filmed the reunion and confessed that she had talked some smack about Lisa.  When Kyle brought this up, Yo denied it. It fell to Lisa to say who she believed.  She said she believed Yo. She knew that Kyle was the one telling the truth as she later admitted, but it was more important for Kyle to look bad than to admit the truth.  Again, another example of Lisa throwing something out there that she knew to not be true for the simple reason that she needed to make sure Kyle looked bad in order to pay her back for S2.  Of course it all worked beautifully because if Lisa says it - even when she goes back later and corrects it - it is gospel. 

This says it all.  Brilliant.

Word on Taylor. She's like Laurie from the OC; savant like, next level gold digging. You have to tip your hat to the level of game that allows you to be a middle-aged, broke, single mom who can't move her face anymore but still manages to find a rich guy to sponge off of. Nice work ladies. You two have perfected the art of selling your soul for a pay day. *slow clap*

Also co-sign that looks are probably very important to Brandi. Just they way she talked about Jaquline and Michael last season said it all. She probably worries that if her boyfriend isn't either super hot or super rich people will think she's past her prime and can't land a "good" prospect anymore. I can't even get into the dysfunctional mind that worries people might think she has matured past the point of being a trophy girlfriend, but there you go...

Kim still has moments where I wonder exactly how sober she is. Her TH this episode seemed a bit scattered and manic and slurry.

Except for the Hoover technique I believe they all excel at.