Type keyword(s) to search

Michaella and Brandon: He Writes Fairy Tales

• Start Topic

30 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Just curious - do you know this or speculating based on social media posts.  Absolutely could be true.  Also any part of it, or none of it.  The most of them seem to be a thoughtless bunch, but maybe (and I don't know) Brandon wouldn't encourage her being used?

Brandon definitely wouldn't be okay with Michael being used, however I can see him thinking the more she keeps busy, the less time she'll spend dwelling on their fertility issues. 

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Brandon definitely wouldn't be okay with Michael being used, however I can see him thinking the more she keeps busy, the less time she'll spend dwelling on their fertility issues. 

Good point. 

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, cereality said:

They of course haven't confirmed it on the show or anything, but based on how they post every time they take a piss on social media, it seems fairly obvious that they do nothing for/with Michael. I mean they'll door dash either a Starbucks coffee or chick fila and it goes on IG immediately to show how kind, generous and close they are. Same with FaceTime calls w/ Katie or Alyssa - Carlin has to post a screen shot to show she spoke to them. We've never seen either of these gestures w/ Michaela, nor them going out to hang out with her or even hanging at her house - and she unlike Tori has and uses social media.

I do think Brandon probably gets it and doesn't want her wife to be used. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brandon is the one who has encouraged her to do things other than serving her family - like her sewing business. I mean she watches Josie's kids 1 day/wk and you better believe Josie would be happy to dump them off 2-3 days/wk for her barrette business, but Michaela has said she babysits for another family a few days/wk. That family is not related to the Bates, so my guess is that's a paid gig. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Brandon realizes that her sisters would just use her, so if you love kids and want to be with kids all day - why not go do that for some family that values you? I also wouldn't be surprised if Brandon suggested that she stand back and not volunteer to watch dingbat Carlin [when it was speculated that Evan may work] bc again they'd expect her to do it bc she's childless but she still wouldn't be in their special circle. So yeah do the family thing 1 day/wk w/ Josie's kids, but then the rest of the time work for another family, sewing etc.

*cackle*

Good for Brandon and Michael for not allowing her to be a full-time doormat. I have no doubt that if they allowed it, Michael would be stuck babysitting the Stewart kids, cleaning the Stewart house, walking the Stewart dog, and chauffering the Stewarts around while they film. And if she had a minute or two free, Josie or Erin would jump in to claim it. 

The Bates subreddits pissed me off when people said Michael *should* step in to babysit Carlin so Evan could work (haha, as if). It's not Michael's responsibility. It doesn't matter if Michael has zero kids or ten kids. It's not her responsibility to be her family's doormat. 

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6
On 7/30/2022 at 3:45 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Sweet baby Jesus, Michael is still taking (presumably monthly) pregnancy tests. And of course, gets all worked up when it's negative (again). I figured that she had been tested for every possible reason for her infertility by now. It's been what, 7 years?

I have always thought that Brandon just doesn't know how to do it.  But on a serious note, I do think she has been thoroughly tested and had procedures done.  I wonder if it has anything to do with her weight,  Not to be insensitive, but I have had friends who had issues conceiving for that reason, 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, crimson23 said:

I have always thought that Brandon just doesn't know how to do it.  But on a serious note, I do think she has been thoroughly tested and had procedures done.  I wonder if it has anything to do with her weight,  Not to be insensitive, but I have had friends who had issues conceiving for that reason, 

Michaela isn't a size 0, but she is not obese either. I think weight-wise, she is probably at a more normal weight, not overweight or underweight.  I don't think her weight has anything to do with her trouble conceiving.

Edited by Lisa418722
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

I'm fairly certain weight (under or over) alone doesn't impact fertility. Its if being underweight or overweight has impacted hormones and such. All things that are included in fertility testing.

Clothes manufacturers, diet scam shillers, Hollywood, men, etc, continue to pull a fast one on society. Michaela is a healthy normal size. Josie seems to be naturally thin, which is healthy and normal for her. We come in all sizes, but far more folks are closer in size to Michaela than Josie.

Thin does not (always) mean healthy. Thin does not (always) mean beautiful. Thin does not (always) mean fertile.

(said by a thin, previously fertile, average looking female)

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
8 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Michaela isn't a size 0, but she is not obese either. I think weight-wise, she is probably at a more normal weight, not overweight or underweight.  I don't think her weight has anything to do with her trouble conceiving.

Agreed, she looks like an average-sized woman to me. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2
50 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Still weird that they took Michaela's youngest brothers with them. Oh wait, they're fundies -- everything is weird. 

Gil and KJ were spotted in Arkansas so Michael gets the little boys. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

"You can't have your own kids so just watch ours".  Honestly, that seems to be the family attitude towards Michael.  It infuriates me.  Sure, it's possible that she volunteers to do this, but she is still sister mom/aunt mom #1 and looks like she will be for the rest of her life. 😡  

• Sad 6
  • Love 5

I think it is more likely that Michael volunteers for this. I know people who very much wanted children and were unable to have them and they spend lots of time with nieces and nephews. As far as her siblings using her as a babysitter all she has to do is to say sorry I can't watch the kids this time. She is a big girl and she can't be used unless she allows it.  

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, 3 is enough said:

"You can't have your own kids so just watch ours".  Honestly, that seems to be the family attitude towards Michael.  It infuriates me.  Sure, it's possible that she volunteers to do this, but she is still sister mom/aunt mom #1 and looks like she will be for the rest of her life. 😡  

1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

I think it is more likely that Michael volunteers for this. I know people who very much wanted children and were unable to have them and they spend lots of time with nieces and nephews. As far as her siblings using her as a babysitter all she has to do is to say sorry I can't watch the kids this time. She is a big girl and she can't be used unless she allows it.  

I think it's both. Michael probably does volunteer to babsit and does seem to really like kids. But at the same time she's also such a pushover that I think it's just automatic that everyone dumps kids on her. Especially Kelly and Gil. On BUB when ever Michael came for a visit Kelly always greeted her at the door with things to do that Kelly should be doing. When it looked like Kelly was about to lose the last of her help when Carlin was engaged Kelly tried to pressure Alyssa to move back home so she'd have someone to dump her kids on. Hell, when Michael told Kelly they were moving back to town Kelly immediately started talking about Michael coming over in the afternoons. She really just cares about what she can use Michael for. I'm not sure whether or not Michael realizes that. I think her siblings follow their mother's lead either because their crappy like Kelly or because that's how it's always been.

• Sad 9
  • Applause 3

I remember when Erin and Kelly went to visit Michael in Chicago and they rearranged her apartment and brought in decor items. When Brandon got in from work and they asked him how he liked it he said as long as my wife does it can stay. I do not think that Brandon is the push over type nor do I think that  he nor Michael are unable to see if they are being taken advantage of.  

Edited by 65mickey
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I remember when Erin and Kelly went to visit Michael in Chicago and they rearranged her apartment and brought in decor items. When Brandon got in from work and they asked him how he liked it he said as long as my wife does it can stay. I do not think that Brandon is the push over type nor do I think that  he nor Michael are unable to see if they are being taken advantage of.  

I hope they do. Michael deserves better. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

No. That post was the entirety of it. She hasn't changed her look, so no clues there, either.

Reddit speculation has it at summer 2021 based on her hair in the photo. Her hair has always looked the same to me, so who knows. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

That black(navy?) dress starts showing up in Michael's IG feed in June of 2021, but her hair is dark then. He hair is lighter in pics after September of 2021. Michaela's hair starts to get dark again, a year later in the fall of 2022. And since there's a bloom behind them, but they're wearing sweaters, my guess is spring 2022. So not even a year ago.

• Like 2

That is just so sad. They want a baby so badly. I saw pics of them with a variety of little nieces and nephews on instagram yesterday. I hope they will be parents one of these days through adoption or miracle. 

• Like 5
  • Hugs 2
  • Sad 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

That is just so sad. They want a baby so badly. I saw pics of them with a variety of little nieces and nephews on instagram yesterday. I hope they will be parents one of these days through adoption or miracle. 

A miracle will be needed then because I don’t see them adopting. If they go through the foster care system there are so many rules (including respecting the religion of the foster child or bio parents) to follow that I don’t see it working out for M&B. Also, infants are rare to be free for adoption and most people want an infant. 

If they opt for a private adoption once they do their research they will encounter what SBaba and I dubbed the Baby Olympics. Prospective adoptive parents with elaborate web pages $howing off why they $hould be the perfect parent$. Heavy emphasis on their mansions, vacation homes, private schools, and other perks their future child will enjoy.

Their best hope for adoption would be a fundie girl choosing them as adoptive parents. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

I feel badly for Michaella & Brandon. Out of all of the Bates daughters, she, I believe, is the one who truly desires to be a mother and would actually raise and interact with a child. They knew it was a girl? I wonder when this happened and how far along she was. I hope she is able to conceive and deliver successfully soon. Prayers for the best for them.

• Like 17
3 hours ago, SMama said:

A miracle will be needed then because I don’t see them adopting. If they go through the foster care system there are so many rules (including respecting the religion of the foster child or bio parents) to follow that I don’t see it working out for M&B. Also, infants are rare to be free for adoption and most people want an infant. 

If they opt for a private adoption once they do their research they will encounter what SBaba and I dubbed the Baby Olympics. Prospective adoptive parents with elaborate web pages $howing off why they $hould be the perfect parent$. Heavy emphasis on their mansions, vacation homes, private schools, and other perks their future child will enjoy.

Their best hope for adoption would be a fundie girl choosing them as adoptive parents. 

Or one of Michaela’s many sisters could act as a surrogate. Does their cult allow that?

Edited by AstridM
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1

She may have found out the sex from a blood test.  Both my daughter and daughter-in-law had an early blood test which told them the sex way before they had the anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks. Don’t know the name of the test but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michael had it given her history.  

• Like 6
  • Useful 2

Yes, she may have had an early scan at 6 weeks (which can't tell the sex), and then the blood test at 10 weeks (some of baby's DNA is in mum's blood by then) which can tell the sex. 

Then miscarried sometime after that, hence knowing that she'd lost her daughter. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, floridamom said:

I feel badly for Michaella & Brandon. Out of all of the Bates daughters, she, I believe, is the one who truly desires to be a mother and would actually raise and interact with a child. They knew it was a girl? I wonder when this happened and how far along she was. I hope she is able to conceive and deliver successfully soon. Prayers for the best for them.

Because of her history of infertility, they may have done chromosomal analysis on the products of conception.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

She may have found out the sex from a blood test.  Both my daughter and daughter-in-law had an early blood test which told them the sex way before they had the anatomy ultrasound at 20 weeks. Don’t know the name of the test but I wouldn’t be surprised if Michael had it given her history.  

The test is cell- free fetal DNA.  One of the brands is Materniti 21.  It is done between 10-12 weeks.  The baby's DNA is shed into the mother's bloodstream and, by drawing a tube of mom's blood, there is a process to separate baby's chromosomes from mom's and check for chromosomal abnormalities as well as determine the genetic sex.

You can Google it and find a lot of commercial labs that will do the testing without a doctor's order.

https://www.acog.org/womens-health/infographics/cell-free-dna-prenatal-screening-test

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 2

I wonder what is going on with the Keilens' infertility. Michael has said her doctors said she isn't a good candidate for any type of IVF yet they were able to get pregnant, it seems anyway, the old fashioned way.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

I wonder why they’ve decided to share the story now? Hopefully proceeding the announcement that a rainbow baby is on the way.

They were doing an IG Q & A and a follower brought it up.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

They were doing an IG Q & A and a follower brought it up.

Ah, how did that person know she’d had a miscarriage? Or were they just bringing up babies in general? Either is pretty insensitive.

Edited by YupItsMe
Missed word
  • Like 5
13 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Ah, how did that person know she’d had a miscarriage? Or were they just bringing up babies in general? Either is pretty insensitive.

I believe the question/statement M&B put out was - something you all assume about us.

A follower said, you have babies in heaven.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

I’m very impressed with M&B’s costumes, she’s a very good seamstress. She should take on clients, could be lucrative for her. Michael’s Custom Custumes. 

• Like 6

Kind of weird that aside from Erin and Michael, nobody is really posting about I Love You Day. I'm assuming C&E are saving the footage for their vlog, but with all the adults having Instagram, you'd think some pictures and reels would've surfaced. I'm starting to wonder if the whole thing's turned into that annual family reunion you dread, but can't get out of. Nobody seems into it now that UP isn't paying for the fancy dinners and nice costumes.

I'm also curious how it went with Erin, Carlin and Whit being together (assuming the latter two went). A lot of the marrieds bailed this year. There's no Tiffany, Lawson, Nathan, Esther, Travis, Katie, John or Alyssa. That's a lot of missing adults who could serve as a buffer between awkwardly feuding relatives. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

C&E made the couples dinner and are indeed saving ILY day footage for next week’s blog. I didn’t see W&Z at dinner but they panned around the table rather quickly. Still shocked the Paines made it.

• Useful 4

Wow, Michael could make a great living as a seamstress.  It's a shame she doesn't do that instead of focusing on her fertility.  She would find much more satisfaction with a focus like this.

Were they at Zach and Whit's house?  I know they are into barn doors and their house is pretty big.  Or maybe they rented a church fellowship hall.

• Like 5