Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I don't know where Dan Webster's money comes from. Perhaps family wealth? He must be reasonably wealthy to be able to be in Congress for so long.

He's the founder of the family HVAC business - in Florida.  There's plenty of money to be made there.

• Useful 2
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

He's the founder of the family HVAC business - in Florida.  There's plenty of money to be made there.

Yeah, I am aware of that. I just think there's more money in his pockets than just that business. 

• Useful 1

I'm a bit hazy on this, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard that any money raised for a campaign that isn't used belongs to the candidate. There is nothing stopping them from dipping into the funds for personal use (except honesty, decency, and transparency).  The fact that he has had multiple terms leads me to believe he has a pretty healthy network of donors, and a lot of cash.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 7/4/2020 at 4:34 PM, 3 is enough said:

I'm a bit hazy on this, and please correct me if I am wrong, but I have heard that any money raised for a campaign that isn't used belongs to the candidate. There is nothing stopping them from dipping into the funds for personal use (except honesty, decency, and transparency).  The fact that he has had multiple terms leads me to believe he has a pretty healthy network of donors, and a lot of cash.

No, that's not quite right. A candidate who won or lost must first settle all campaign debts and then may contribute remaining funds to charity, to another candidate still running for office, save for another election, or contribute to the state or national party of his or her choice. Donors can even ask for a refund in many cases. 

Some get around this by paying their business as a vendor, but that is illegal and can result in huge issues and even jail time. Many are never investigated by the FEC. One candidate I know of paid his daughter-in-law $80,000 for social media services and yet paid a digital marketing $50,000 for the same thing. Candidates, whether elected or not, have to report how much money and from whom. They also have to provide their spending reports. This includes everyone running for city council to president. If a candidate is done with politics, he or she probably feels more free to spend lavishly at the end. But someone running for office again has to be careful, as his or her opponents can use that information against them in a future campaign.

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Useful 4
  • Love 3

Dan Webster is one of the few Congress people to actually give back any money left over from his year serving to the general fund. If his office has any overage after they have settled their bills he gives it back. He's done this every year since he started in office, I believe.

On another note, I live in Central Fl and had need of a new complete HVAC unit. I called 4 companies to give me quotes and Webster Air was one of them. They had never done business on my side of the county but were open to it. They gave me a very competitive bid which we went with. They were on time, very clean, very respectful and I never heard their phones going off or them taking calls while they were in my house.  The job took 2 full days to finish. The office is staffed by the wives and sisters who are extremely cheerful and polite. We ended up selling that house not long after and I needed to call for some paperwork for closing and they remembered me and were very helpful when I needed it. I would and have highly recommended their company to everyone who has a need for them. I know my best friend used them and had the same experience.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
12 hours ago, sadtvjunkie said:

Dan Webster is one of the few Congress people to actually give back any money left over from his year serving to the general fund. If his office has any overage after they have settled their bills he gives it back. He's done this every year since he started in office, I believe.

On another note, I live in Central Fl and had need of a new complete HVAC unit. I called 4 companies to give me quotes and Webster Air was one of them. They had never done business on my side of the county but were open to it. They gave me a very competitive bid which we went with. They were on time, very clean, very respectful and I never heard their phones going off or them taking calls while they were in my house.  The job took 2 full days to finish. The office is staffed by the wives and sisters who are extremely cheerful and polite. We ended up selling that house not long after and I needed to call for some paperwork for closing and they remembered me and were very helpful when I needed it. I would and have highly recommended their company to everyone who has a need for them. I know my best friend used them and had the same experience.

HVAC companies are very profitable and pay their employees well for the most part. I have a business contact who inherited her father's HVAC business. She has no skills in HVAC at all, but she said it is one of the easiest businesses she has ever owned, as there is an unending supply of customers and the overall model isn't complicated. I'm glad that they are doing well and have good customer service.

Daniel Webster is not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it if he does follow the letter of the law when it comes to campaign finance.  

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Alyssa recently had a stress test and has been declared cured of her heart issues. I expect her to be knocked up tout de suite.

Well they did get bunk beds with a trundle and put all 3 girls in the same bedroom recently. 😔

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 7/25/2020 at 4:46 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Alyssa recently had a stress test and has been declared cured of her heart issues. I expect her to be knocked up tout de suite.

At least she had 2 year + break.  I'm also glad she doesn't have heart problems. Hopefully she gets a boy and calm down. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5
On 7/25/2020 at 8:31 PM, 3 is enough said:

Well they did get bunk beds with a trundle and put all 3 girls in the same bedroom recently. 😔

Assuming that they will have a boy next time? That seems pretty premature. What if the next one is a girl? The Baby gets the room by herself? Hard to believe that they would be that dumb. Well maybe not so hard.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

Is it possible that she’s pregnant and knows the sex already? Idk how far along one needs to be for that. That video was made sometime in July I think - as I assume they aren’t real time - Bc John was talking about how his family’s company is small so now one in HVAC in Fla in the summer can take a day off or else the customer just calls the next company and business is lost. So if she is pregnant and knows it’s a boy, chances are it happened before the all clear from the dr. It doesn’t seem like they’d be so cavalier but accidents happen in this clan non stop plus I could see Alyssa convincing John — we were supposed to start trying in March, it’s not our fault the pandemic delayed this appointment, I’m fine and can carry John Elliott Jr blah blah.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, cereality said:

Is it possible that she’s pregnant and knows the sex already? Idk how far along one needs to be for that. That video was made sometime in July I think - as I assume they aren’t real time - Bc John was talking about how his family’s company is small so now one in HVAC in Fla in the summer can take a day off or else the customer just calls the next company and business is lost. So if she is pregnant and knows it’s a boy, chances are it happened before the all clear from the dr. It doesn’t seem like they’d be so cavalier but accidents happen in this clan non stop plus I could see Alyssa convincing John — we were supposed to start trying in March, it’s not our fault the pandemic delayed this appointment, I’m fine and can carry John Elliott Jr blah blah.

Anything is possible.  Alyssa has not had huge bumps with any of her previous pregnancies- so she very well may be pregnant.  The anatomical ultrasound is usually done around 20 weeks, but there is an early blood test typically given to women over 35 that will tell you what you are having. 

Given that Alyssa has not exactly been shy about discouraging family visits I can't imagine she would put all three girls together just so she could have a guest room. 

• Love 1

I've known quite a few people with big families who like to put the baby in the baby's own room. The logic is that the baby doesn't sleep through the night and the other kids do.  This way the baby doesn't disturb the sleep of the older children.

If Alyssa is pregnant or she hopes to be soon, she is probably less than 3 months along. It is probable that the youngest will be almost 3 or over 3 when the next blessing arrives. A 3-year-old probably sleeps better than a newborn. 

I think fundies like to have their older children used to sharing a room so that they're used to it. A lot of fundie logic comes down to getting used to the way things will be eventually, because if this is the way it's already done, they'll complain less. 

• Love 2

Alyssa posted a new house tour video for the sole purpose of showing off the spare bedroom. They've turned it into a schoolroom for Allie and Lexi. 

Can we be hopeful that this means no more kids? Please?

• Useful 2

Shocking . . . . Due date is Feb 17 2021 so it looks like they got pregnant around mid May. Our theory holds that she was already pregnant by the time she got the "you're healed" from the cardiologist in July. Her appointment was supposed to be in March and then got held off because of the pandemic. This is a woman with a plan, you know she was NOT going to wait for what to her probably seemed like an eternity when her appointment to get the all clear kept getting pushed. You know they needed to get busy making John Elliott Jr bc what do doctors know, who can wait on them forever . . . . I call BS on the surprise blessing. These people act like they don't know how babies are made. Guess we can look forward to squealing about another grandbaby at next year's I Love You Day . . . since the Websters won't attend she'll squeal and talk about how much she misses them.

• Love 6
29 minutes ago, cereality said:

Shocking . . . . Due date is Feb 17 2021 so it looks like they got pregnant around mid May. Our theory holds that she was already pregnant by the time she got the "you're healed" from the cardiologist in July. Her appointment was supposed to be in March and then got held off because of the pandemic. This is a woman with a plan, you know she was NOT going to wait for what to her probably seemed like an eternity when her appointment to get the all clear kept getting pushed. You know they needed to get busy making John Elliott Jr bc what do doctors know, who can wait on them forever . . . . I call BS on the surprise blessing. These people act like they don't know how babies are made. Guess we can look forward to squealing about another grandbaby at next year's I Love You Day . . . since the Websters won't attend she'll squeal and talk about how much she misses them.

Don't forget about Kelly Jo flying down to sit in a waiting room at the birthing center. She'll snap a couple of pics and show no signs of cooking for the couple, watching their other kids, or cleaning up so that Alyssa doesn't have to deal with such things post partum. She'll arrive a day or two early (probably directly from I Love You Day) to take Alyssa to get a manicure. Meanwhile she'll talk about the drama of planning the I Love You Day extravaganza and waiting on the new baby to arrive. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
53 minutes ago, cereality said:

Shocking . . . . Due date is Feb 17 2021 so it looks like they got pregnant around mid May. Our theory holds that she was already pregnant by the time she got the "you're healed" from the cardiologist in July. Her appointment was supposed to be in March and then got held off because of the pandemic. This is a woman with a plan, you know she was NOT going to wait for what to her probably seemed like an eternity when her app . . I call BS on the surprise blessing. These people act like they don't know how babies are made. Guess we can look forward to squealing about another grandbaby at next year's I Love You Day . . . since the Websters won't attend she'll squeal and talk about how much she misses them.

I don't know how babies are made. Can you please let me know.

• LOL 8

Hardly shocking but still disappointing.  Alyssa seems to enjoy her life being reasonably calm and organized.  At some point the sheer number of children will make that very difficult to achieve.  Plus, she has bounced back from each of her pregnancies very quickly, but, again, at some point that just isn't going to happen.  

Hope they have a boy so she can stop the madness.  But then again, he will probably "need a brother", and the madness will continue.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Shocked. Not. I just held out hope for a different outcome when she showed off the schoolroom.

All that work to assemble a school room will probably be for naught. That is unless she plans to squeeze a forth child into the girl's room like Erin does everytime she pops out a kid. Pretty soon they will be stacking them in the hallway. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

All that work to assemble a school room will probably be for naught. That is unless she plans to squeeze a forth child into the girl's room like Erin does everytime she pops out a kid. Pretty soon they will be stacking them in the hallway. 

That's what I was thinking. Where will she put the crib? One of the girls already sleeps in a trundle.

• Useful 2
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

If 4 is a girl, she'll put a crib in the girl's room (maybe after having the baby in the master bedroom for a while). The "school room" is not a serious remodel.  Everything was pretty modular so I doubt it is that big of a deal to tear it down or reconfigure. 

She was heavily hinting about wanting to close in and make a room out of the enclosed patio. Depending on how the roof is done, that could be an easy and cheap process. The most expensive part (aside from a roof) is the HVAC and she has a husband who does that.

6 hours ago, Patricia07 said:

Wonder what Grandma Jane is thinking.

If we get an episode of them there at Thanksgiving, you know Jane will say something. 

• Love 4

So the "surprise blessing" thing in People magazine was BS. She straight up says she was hoping they'd be pregnant in May but weren't and she was so disappointed -- so yeah they WERE trying. They started trying April at the latest -- not waiting for the rescheduled cardiologist appointment to get the final go ahead. And cue to usual Bates talk about having baby fever because OMG the current baby is SOOOO OLD, she's already two, there's no babies in that house anymore.

At least John seemed legit happy the way he hugged her, not they way Chad is happy when he goes "oh wow another blessing, we're soooo blessed" while creepily smiling and looking like he wants to walk out of that house and never come back. Though I guess like all fundie males after saying he didn't care and doesn't need a boy, now it's all -- a boy would be nice . . . . Though also like a fundie father a girl would be ok because all the girls dote on daddy. While he's not as fundie as the rest of them, he does have the fundie tendencies in him though I guess we've seen those on full display when he goes on the creepy daddy daughter dates with his 5 year old.

As for Mama Jane -- I think we've seen her say once before -- you're on the same track as your parents. Alyssa denied it as Mama Jane doubled down and said well you say you don't want that many but you have a baby every 1-2 years, so that'll put you at the same number as G&K. So yeah I imagine Mama Jane will roll her eyes on this one even though they waited TWO whole years between babies. Alyssa seems close to Mama Jane so I can see Mama Jane "disapproving" in the sense that she's concerned about Alyssa's health -- you have 3 kids, you went thru 2 cardiac surgeries, do you REALLY need to do this because you MUST have a boy? And what if it isn't a boy -- keep trying until you get a boy? Or what if it is a boy -- surely then it'll be oh a boy can't be surrounded by all girls, he needs a brother so keep trying until there's a second boy?

Edited by cereality
  • Love 10

Alyssa says she knows girls but she would not know what to do with a boy. 🙄

It's a BABY.  You do the exact same thing , except with a boy you have to remember to be ready to cover them up while you change their diaper.  That's it.  Hardly rocket science.

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Alyssa says she knows knows girls but she would not know what to do with a boy. 🙄

It's a BABY.  You do the exact same thing , except with a boy you have to remember to be ready to cover them up while you change their diaper.  That's it.  Hardly rocket science.

Yeah and its not like she has almost a bunch of brothers and that she and her sisters were pretty much responsible for taking care of. 

• Love 7
24 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

When did John and Alyssa rent that Air B&B again? Wasn't it sometime in May?

It was for their anniversary which falls on/near Memorial Day Weekend. And yes in that video John did say that it was nice to be away and "things" happened as Alyssa told him to stop because people would get the wrong idea?? Uh he's a 30 year old guy with 3 kids under age 5 and he was GIDDY about getting away for a relatively crappy vacation consisting on an AirBnB in their own city, Cheesecake Factory takeout, junk food and NO kids for 3 days. Yeah I'm pretty sure no one thought that he was giddy because he got to have Cheezits. And then again in this video he said -- things haven't happened in a while which made him wonder if it was because she was pregnant but then he forgot about it.

Edited by cereality
  • Love 5

I think Alyssa figured her heart was fine or the second condition wasn't a big deal. 

Of course it's hard to stand-up to community pressure. I'm sure Kelly Jo was constantly reminding Alyssa that she should have a baby ASAP and I wouldn't be surprised if she wasn't the person who started the "John needs a boy crap". 

That being Alyssa could have say seven kids. Hopefully at least 2 would be boys and 7 is much smaller than what her parents have while still being huge. 

• Love 2

Alyssa, why are you posting such intimate details about your body? Do you have to let everyone know that your "V' started leaking 5 days later than you expected? How about letting the general public know that you two haven't had any 'nookie' for a little while?

I am fed up with these fundamentalist women who are completely "shocked' when they have a positive pregnancy test. They are having marital relations without bothering to check the calendar AND they aren't using any birth control. What the heck do you think the odds are for conception under those circumstances? Don't they know how that baby gets 'in there'?  Way too much personal information being shared on her videos IMO.

On another note, where is this child going to sleep/play/and grow? How many pull out trundles can you fit in one small bedroom? Time to grow up and maybe get your OWN home, a home that does not belong to anyone's father OR sweet friend. Time to actually stand on your own two feet and lead an independent life not completely financially/emotionally/socially tied to your parents. She and John are not bad people but they think they live an adult life style....they don't.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, floridamom said:

I am fed up with these fundamentalist women who are completely "shocked' when they have a positive pregnancy test. They are having marital relations without bothering to check the calendar AND they aren't using any birth control. What the heck do you think the odds are for conception under those circumstances? Don't they know how that baby gets 'in there'?  Way too much personal information being shared on her videos IMO.

I doubt Alyssa was totally leaving it up to God for a while. Over 2 years is a long time between babies. Alyssa seems very fertile too. They probably were taking some precautions around her heart surgery. His family only has six kids, which is a lot, but it's very possible his parents decided to stop at 6.  Most of his siblings only have about 3 or 4 kids so far. The Websters are probably more okay with precautions than most fundies.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I want to apologize to my fellow posters here if my previous post was a bit raw in language but this is how I felt listening to her play by play account of this pregnancy and what led up to her 'discovery' of it. I'm still shaking my head that they claim to be so modest yet think nothing of trumpeting to the world about their MARRIED sex.

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Temperance said:

I doubt Alyssa was totally leaving it up to God for a while. Over 2 years is a long time between babies. Alyssa seems very fertile too. They probably were taking some precautions around her heart surgery. His family only has six kids, which is a lot, but it's very possible his parents decided to stop at 6.  Most of his siblings only have about 3 or 4 kids so far. The Websters are probably more okay with precautions than most fundies.

Alyssa was also taking meds that can cause birth defects or fetal demise. I'm sure John was wrapping it up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I don't think Alyssa has been doing any traveling recently. She posted a pic yesterday of her "bump." It's pretty non-existent, but she says her sickness has improved, and she's keeping food down.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, truthtalk2014 said:

Does anyone know if Alyssa was around Carlin at the time they had Covid?  I know she has been really sick with this pregnancy.  Certainly doesn't need to add that to the mix. 

Yes she was. In last weekend's video when Evan comes home from Walmart with flowers for his kid's 6 month birthday, Alyssa and Ally are there visiting. That being said the 6 month birthday would've been July 31 so seems like she got lucky -- visiting maybe right when or a week prior to their exposure; and now she's safely outside the 2 week window.

Edited by cereality
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Alyssa did say that she was showing much earlier this time.  I wonder if that means it will take longer to regain her pre-baby figure too.  Honestly, if anything has a chance of slowing down the baby train, I think that not bouncing back immediately would be it.

• Love 5

So in her Instagram stories Alyssa showed how she threw up so much she got a bruise under her eye.  If this has happened to her every time she gets pregnant why does she keep putting herself through it?   Do they get extra Jesus points for being martyrs?  Alyssa’s morning sickness, Erin and her shots...  These women are nuts.

• Love 7
7 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

Start laughing.🤣

You know she is PISSED. All that bad morning sickness just to "fail" in her mission of pumping out John Jr. 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Edited by BitterApple
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1