Type keyword(s) to search

Alyssa and John: Lunch with Lurch

• Start Topic

I remember Janie and Alyssa having a conversation - maybe shortly after she was married. I don't remember the details but Alyssa was saying something like she doesn't want a lot of kids and Janie told her there's a way to control that.

In that moment I really though Alyssa was going to be the one Bates who stopped at 2. I wonder if they would have stopped if their second kid was a boy.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Lisa418722 said:

Is Rhett going to the same place as Allie so she can take care of him?  

I don't think so. Allie seemed way too happy, which makes me think she's not stuck with Rhett for the week. 

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I don't think so. Allie seemed way too happy, which makes me think she's not stuck with Rhett for the week. 

I hope she gets a Rhett-free week.  She deserves a vacation too.  

• Like 9

I'm surprised Prince Rhett isn't going with A&J. He did last year - though I realize last year he was only a few months old. He went with them to ATL for 1-2 nights where they stayed in a nice hotel and took in a Braves game, while waxing poetic about how Rhett would play for the Tampa Bay Rays 🙄. Then they went from there to South Carolina for a few days to introduce Rhett to Bill/Jane. Funny how they never take the girls on vacation, anywhere. But hell they think the girls are lucky for even getting to go to Costco.

And let's be real staying with other people is just the vacation the girls need. I imagine the kids are being split between grandmas + John's sisters in law as I think all of John's brothers live in Orlando. Likely Rhett IS going someplace with one of this sisters, whether Ally or not; unless they've arranged for 1 person to just be in charge of the baby. But I can see Ally being happy even if she is wherever Rhett is bc she's likely old enough to understand that the ADULTS who've agreed to take her and Rhett/whichever younger sib will take care of her and the younger. Meaning SHE will get to be a kid just like her siblings will. She won't be putting lunch together for her sisters, nor doing what Rhett needs, nor being barked at for the laundry. She'll just get to play and be a kid and oh yeah likely when it's her turn to speak or play a game or do an activity, the adults in charge won't just turn away like Alyssa routinely does.

Jane has been very vocal w Alyssa re baby making from the start. After she got married and didn't want a ton of kids, Jane mentioned birth control. When she did have a daughter yearly and was pregnant again with #3 and was swearing that was it, she wasn't gonna end up having 4 girls . . . Jane said you're just like your parents, I've heard that before etc. So yeah I think Nurse Jane would have NO criticisms at all if Alyssa said - 4 girls + 1 boy, we are DONE. All this brother for Rhett BS comes from G&K, not from Bill/Jane.

But let's be real - Rhett is 1, he needs a brother, A&J are going away alone. You know they are thinking baby making - even though A&J both seem to hate their lives and Alyssa looks ROUGH lately - IDK if it's a health thing or unhappiness thing or if she should just check in with the cardiologist to make sure all is still well or what.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3

I wish whoever took the girls would take video of them and post online....I hope and pray those girls are exposed to NORMAL...at least in some capacity...maybe allie will see a MOM taking care of her kids and Allie can sleep through the night and eat in peace and not be permanently deformed by carrying a baby cocked on her little hip all day...Alyssa is my least favorite bates ...she is lazy ( unless it's on camera for clicks)....and selfish....she was the cook at home growing up -- but we now know allie makes the breakfasts while alyssa sleeps in and lunch is whatever out of a package on a paper plate...sheesh....crossing fingers the girls get to see some real family in some way...

• Like 6
On 4/27/2024 at 11:38 AM, cereality said:

I'm surprised Prince Rhett isn't going with A&J. He did last year - though I realize last year he was only a few months old. He went with them to ATL for 1-2 nights where they stayed in a nice hotel and took in a Braves game, while waxing poetic about how Rhett would play for the Tampa Bay Rays 🙄. Then they went from there to South Carolina for a few days to introduce Rhett to Bill/Jane. Funny how they never take the girls on vacation, anywhere. But hell they think the girls are lucky for even getting to go to Costco.

And let's be real staying with other people is just the vacation the girls need. I imagine the kids are being split between grandmas + John's sisters in law as I think all of John's brothers live in Orlando. Likely Rhett IS going someplace with one of this sisters, whether Ally or not; unless they've arranged for 1 person to just be in charge of the baby. But I can see Ally being happy even if she is wherever Rhett is bc she's likely old enough to understand that the ADULTS who've agreed to take her and Rhett/whichever younger sib will take care of her and the younger. Meaning SHE will get to be a kid just like her siblings will. She won't be putting lunch together for her sisters, nor doing what Rhett needs, nor being barked at for the laundry. She'll just get to play and be a kid and oh yeah likely when it's her turn to speak or play a game or do an activity, the adults in charge won't just turn away like Alyssa routinely does.

Jane has been very vocal w Alyssa re baby making from the start. After she got married and didn't want a ton of kids, Jane mentioned birth control. When she did have a daughter yearly and was pregnant again with #3 and was swearing that was it, she wasn't gonna end up having 4 girls . . . Jane said you're just like your parents, I've heard that before etc. So yeah I think Nurse Jane would have NO criticisms at all if Alyssa said - 4 girls + 1 boy, we are DONE. All this brother for Rhett BS comes from G&K, not from Bill/Jane.

But let's be real - Rhett is 1, he needs a brother, A&J are going away alone. You know they are thinking baby making - even though A&J both seem to hate their lives and Alyssa looks ROUGH lately - IDK if it's a health thing or unhappiness thing or if she should just check in with the cardiologist to make sure all is still well or what.

Wonder how Kelly was before her older girls could be parentified?  Did she look haggard and hate her life the way Alyssa seems to?  I am tempted to say bed, made, lie but the kids shouldn't pay for their parents dumbassery.

• Like 7

I think they’ll have at least one more pregnancy. If they stop now then all the people who said they were only trying for a boy would be right, so they have to try at least once more to prove us wrong.

• Sad 2
9 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

I think they’ll have at least one more pregnancy. If they stop now then all the people who said they were only trying for a boy would be right, so they have to try at least once more to prove us wrong.

But if it's a girl, we'll just hear about how Prince Rhett needs a BROTHER. And they'll keep trying. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)

Alyssa and John had a date night. She was raving about her dress from Bates Sisters Boutique. It looks like the same dress Whitney was wearing a few weeks ago. Admittedly it looks better on Alyssa because she is more petite than Whitney but it still reminds me of the dresses Lucy and Sally wear in Peanuts.

Puffy sleeves, smocked bodice, pouffy tiered skirt and a big bow in the back. So busy and it might look better if the skirt was longer, but I doubt it. 

Edited by 3 is enough
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
17 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

Alyssa and John had a date night. She was raving about her dress from Bates Sisters Boutique. It looks like the same dress Whitney was wearing a few weeks ago. Admittedly it looks better on Alyssa be sure she is to her than Whitney but it still reminds me of the dresses Lucy and Sally wear in Peanuts.

Puffy sleeves, smocked bodice, pouffy tiered skirt and a big bow in the back. So busy and it might look better if the skirt was longer, but I doubt it. 

Alyssa is sure what than Whitney? 

3 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Alyssa is sure what than Whitney? 

Sorry I just fixed it. Stupid phone and autocorrect. It drives me nuts. Randomly started changing “he” to “Henderson” lately. 🤬 

• LOL 5
(edited)
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

image.png.b4ae66207806b4bfcb605398ccaf5740.png

A staff and a couple of sheep and she's Little Bo Peep for Halloween.

Way too juvenile for anyone old enough to vote.

It also seems to have that weird balloon/curtain ruffle that Carlin's most recent BSB had.  Looks dumb, not interesting.

Edited by Notabug
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9
6 minutes ago, Notabug said:

A staff and a couple of sheep and she's Little Bo Peep for Halloween.

Way too juvenile for anyone old enough to vote.

It also seems to have that weird balloon/curtain ruffle that Carlin's most recent BSB had.  Looks dumb, not interesting.

Heehee

image.png.adb00ff674c47516bae0de100df48191.png

• LOL 10

Alyssa looks ridiculous in that dress. I don't know who is designing dresses that look like little girl dresses for grown women but of all of the dumb trends this is the dumbest. My 14 year old granddaughter wouldn't wear something like this. Is she trying to revert back to her childhood when she didn't have fancy party dresses or do these fundie men get some kick out of their wives dressing like little girls? Or was she really going to a costume party and not to dinner?

Check out how she dressed for the wedding where her girls were flower girls. She had on a floor length slinky gown while the other women at the wedding were wearing regular day dresses. She has no sense of how to dress appropriately for. her age or for the occasion. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Pretty sure Katie and Callie are wearing very similar dresses here. And all the younger sisters in the other pic. And the bright orange ones are close, just longer.

image.png.8a841e9afbcfde86eeb8ac6f9b25bbbe.pngimage.png.0eb2f43f33e767b379a4b34dd785632a.pngimage.png.164ed45134c85c010f21b0e5bd525210.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 minute ago, 3 is enough said:

Evidently it wasn’t just a regular date night, it was their 10th anniversary. 

So, she decided to dress like it was her 10th birthday to celebrate?

• LOL 17
11 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Evidently it wasn’t just a regular date night, it was their 10th anniversary. 

It was for a belated mother's day dinner so she decided to dress like a 5 year old little girl. 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I think the dress is beautiful and I think Alyssa is beautiful, but I have to agree, it's too young for anyone older than 20. If it had a single layer skirt, it would work much better. I see a lot of these dresses on social media. Usually with cowboy boots, big hair, and tons of accessories!

• Like 1

Alyssa's been posting a lot of workout content lately. Given how badly she struggles with morning sickness, I don't think she'd be up for much exercise if she was pregnant. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, cereality said:

Given that she hates 4 out of her 5 existing kids, I should hope not.

I thought she looked it in one of her videos.

15 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

She gets very sick when she's pregnant, and it seems to have become progressively worse. If she's working out, she's not pregnant. She can barely function when she's sick. 

• Like 4
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

You may be on to something. There's a poster on Reddit who does recaps of Bates socials and she noticed Alyssa has been glued to her couch lately and mentioned having to nap because she had no energy. I'm praying that's just due to summer heat, but Alyssa has a pattern of getting knocked up when she and John go away on a trip. I think Utah was a couple of months ago, so it would fit. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
  • Useful 2
(edited)

Alyssa and John have launched a merch business, "CheerfullyU" with the goal of, get this, creating happiness "one product at a time." Translation: selling you dropshipped AliExpress junk one sucker at a time.

So far the offerings are one trucker hat available in three sizes for $26-$35. Yes, $30 for a flimsy hat with a brand logo nobody knows or cares about. Who told them this was a good idea?

Her launch post only has 74 comments, many of them snarky ones she hasn't had a chance to delete. The only Bates who commented were Kelly, Michael and (of course) Tiffany. I'm sure the others will follow suit once Kelly gets on their cases. 

It's so laughably bad I feel sorry for her. This makes Erin's sad prayer card business look like Amazon. 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Like 10

It’s actually kind of sad. I hope they didn’t sink too much money into this venture. Sure, there will be a few leg humpers who will buy something but that would probably be a one and done.

Honestly when I think of Alyssa the last thing that comes to mind is “cheerful”.

• Like 10
3 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

It’s actually kind of sad. I hope they didn’t sink too much money into this venture. Sure, there will be a few leg humpers who will buy something but that would probably be a one and done.

Honestly when I think of Alyssa the last thing that comes to mind is “cheerful”.

Yeah, she's more of an Eeyore. She seems to hate her life, except for the Golden Penis. 🙄

• Like 4
(edited)

I don't get the connection between selling hats and spreading joy and bringing cheerfulness to strangers' lives. Like 3 is Enough said it is sad. I mean how long did it take to come up with this concept?  I cannot see this bringing in much money. 

Edited by 65mickey
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1

It looks like Alyssa's hat business is off to a less than rousing start. She's doing a giveaway where people can enter by commenting on her latest post and tagging a friend. The prizes are a mish-mash of junky crap she received for free from various p.r. boxes. A lot of it is stuff young girls would love, but of course Mommy Dearest won't give it to her daughters. 

Anyways as of today, a whopping 256 people out of her 339,000 followers have entered. I also noticed there's a lot of comments like Cute! So excited for you! Congrats!, but nobody is saying they ordered. I'm sure Alyssa will get a few sales from her die-hards, but this seems like a worse idea than Jeremy and Jinger Vuolos' short-lived candle venture.  

• Like 6
5 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It looks like Alyssa's hat business is off to a less than rousing start. She's doing a giveaway where people can enter by commenting on her latest post and tagging a friend. The prizes are a mish-mash of junky crap she received for free from various p.r. boxes. A lot of it is stuff young girls would love, but of course Mommy Dearest won't give it to her daughters. 

Anyways as of today, a whopping 256 people out of her 339,000 followers have entered. I also noticed there's a lot of comments like Cute! So excited for you! Congrats!, but nobody is saying they ordered. I'm sure Alyssa will get a few sales from her die-hards, but this seems like a worse idea than Jeremy and Jinger Vuolos' short-lived candle venture.  

How is this supposed to make money for them?

• Like 2

Why would anyone buy a $30 hat that says cheerful and what does this have to do with the bible quote that she referenced? Someone asked on her instagram post what the hat said and another poster said "made in china." These people think that they can slap their name on anything and it will sell. I have a feeling we will not be seeing the hats much longer. 

• Like 9

I also had a hard time figuring out what the hat said on it when she debuted the company and the product.  The hat itself is actually cute, the colors are nice, but why would I buy father/son hats that just has the brand of their company on it.  Very strange.  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, 65mickey said:

Why would anyone buy a $30 hat that says cheerful and what does this have to do with the bible quote that she referenced? Someone asked on her instagram post what the hat said and another poster said "made in china." These people think that they can slap their name on anything and it will sell. I have a feeling we will not be seeing the hats much longer. 

And how is it holy or dogly or whatever they say to engage in more consumerism?

another poster said "made in china."

Oof. They deserve all the criticism they get, imo. 

53 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

I also had a hard time figuring out what the hat said on it when she debuted the company and the product.  The hat itself is actually cute, the colors are nice, but why would I buy father/son hats that just has the brand of their company on it.  Very strange.  

Father/son? Do they think girls and women don’t also wear hats?

• Like 4

I have a feeling we will not be seeing the hats much longer. 

I agree. The lack of engagement on her socials is proof positive there's no market for this. I think Alyssa saw her sisters' success and figured she could toss anything on the market and make bank too, but she failed to follow their model. 

As much as I can't stand the child exploitation, both Josie and Carlin have carefully curated brands. They've spent years building them, and the products they sell have a purpose and appeal to women. Granted they're overpriced, but more Christian moms need a church dress than they do a trucker hat. Josie's failure with the jewelry line showed why it's so important to stay in your lane. Since then she course corrected and put out the curlers and hairbrush.

Alyssa's strength is organizing and planning. Like others have said, she would've been better off partnering with an established company and selling those types of materials. Leaning into her Type A personality would've worked because it would've been authentic. Watching her try to adopt this bubbly, sorority girl persona is just so cringe. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, AstridM said:

Father/son is how she promoted the hats in the beginning of her reveal.  She then said that daughters could wear them too.  But it's confusing to me because the hats just have the "company" name on them.  

• Sad 2
3 hours ago, AstridM said:

She must be following the Jill Rod rules and women wear baseball bonnets.

• LOL 5