Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

Welcome Holland Grace. Enjoy the attention you get. It won't last long. Your mother will be pregnant again in a matter of months. 

I agree its not only Erin's fault. Its both Erin's and Chad's fault. Erin wants everything that she wants. She wants babies, she wants all these projects and anything else she wants. Chad just gives in. He looks so tired every time he's on. But its on him too for not speaking up,, not saying no and always giving into Erin. She brags about telling him she volunteered him for jobs at the right time when he can't say no. If he's tired of that. He needs to say something. 

• Love 8
19 hours ago, Temperance said:

Well, when they found out Everly was a girl, Chad said that Carson needs a brother. Why is it always Erin's fault that she's pregnant and not Chad's? Chad could do something to prevent it, and he's the headship. They both deserve credit for bringing new life into the world.

As for Erin, I am a little annoyed at how blasé Erin is that her babies are always a month early. Yes I know she can't help it, but really? I've had two friends whose babies were a month early and both babies did NICU time. It was somewhat tramatic for the parents involved. A month premature is still premature, even if it's only a little. 

Birth control is a non issue and Fundie men seem to be incapable of saying no to sex.

The people in charge of the patriarchy are incapable of putting their foot down.  I don't think these people know what patriarchy means of the Bates, Duggars, Rodrigues and Plaths are anything to go by.

• Useful 1
On 12/1/2019 at 12:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

I've followed fundies for a long time, but I've never heard that 

The development where I used to live before the fire had a few fundie families I went to their weddings. Whatever you call a person who married them kept reminding the females that it is up to them what sex the child is.

7 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

The development where I used to live before the fire had a few fundie families I went to their weddings. Whatever you call a person who married them kept reminding the females that it is up to them what sex the child is.

You can see shades of that in Alyssa's Instagram. There are people telling her she needs to give John a son. 

On 12/10/2019 at 4:09 PM, RebeccatheWriter said:

You can see shades of that in Alyssa's Instagram. There are people telling her she needs to give John a son. 

On 12/10/2019 at 5:44 PM, Sew Sumi said:

John has to do the sex determination himself. Dummies. 

Until John can grow the baby inside of him for nine months, and give birth, Alyssa will end up doing the most of the work creating their son. Yes the sperm determines the sex, but the woman still has to carry the baby and give birth. 

It's a "b.s. more polite" way to say "go back to being pregnant."

They're really just mad she stopped getting pregnant. Their fans want their girls to be broodmares almost as much their parents do. 

• Love 1

She looks a bit like Priscilla Presley in that photo.  And yes, she is turning into her mother.

It's funny how the girls have evolved differently.  In terms of stylishness you have Josie and Alyssa, then Carlin, who I take down a notch because she often wears those cheap frumpy dresses from the sisters' boutique.  Then Tori, who it seems to me does not really care about clothing, but she isn't hiding her naturally pretty face with a ton of makeup.  Then comes Erin, and finally Michaela.  Michaela doesn't overdo the makeup but her clothing choices are the frumpiest.

If Erin doesn't watch it she could easily venture into Jill Rod territory with the makeup and hair.

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, 3 is enough said:

So they brought along cousin Bradley, whose father is in law enforcement and has a higher probability of contracting the virus?  Lovely. 🤦‍♀️

Isn't that Carson?  I see one boy & 3 girls.

• Love 1

I'm actually surprised that the family social distanced at all. Seems like they did for a while though now they've stopped; I think Tenn. has reopened to some extent. Carlin/Evan and Josie/Kelton always post on IG re their daily family walks with their kids; Carlin/Evan posted early on about going to Costco to stock up; and one time Carlin/Evan went to a Sonic drive in and ran into Zach/Whit and lamented how they haven't seen anyone and there's no place to go so of course everyone had the Sonic idea. Law still mows his siblings lawns and posted one time after he was done mowing that Michaela left him a homemade dinner -- on her porch where he ate alone. And bc this is the Bates, I think someone had a baby in the interim (Tori?) and Kelly was posting how sad it was that she hasn't met that baby; nor do any of the sisters have pics with that baby.

I think Law and Nathan were the wildcards bc they were still flying around; at one time it looked like they were in a rental apartment but I assume that's when they had flown to Mississippi or someplace and had to stay there for the night. I assume when they came back to town each time, they were in the main house with everyone. So maybe the married couples focused on this more than G&K, who are above all rules anyway.

I was actually surprised that this -- rules don't apply to us, what do mere mortals/doctors know -- family was actually social distancing at all, at least the married couples. I figured Carlin/Evan were doing it because they have a baby whose had some cardiac issues. Kelton/Josie bc K was still going to work so I assume no one wants to hang with them; probably the same with Zach. Tori/Bobby were probably told by the hospital that their baby is to have no visitors for months. And Michael's in nursing school which I'm sure has been totally upended/maybe online right now, so maybe she believes in medicine a tiny bit??

But now that things are opening up, yeah the Bates are out there. Looks like they brought Bradley -- whose dad is out and about -- to Carson's birthday outing. Law has gone places with Katie and Isiah, though I guess he lives with them even though he comes and goes? Clearly they've relaxed.

• Love 2

So maybe this is the heathen in me, but who else saw and was disturbed Erin's video with Carson praying? Half of the prayer was about hoping God took Granny (Kelly) first. Kelly even had to step in and answer questions about whether or not she was sick. That just doesn't seem to be something that a 5 year old child should be that concerned over at his age. If I was Kelly Jo, I'd be asking Erin what sort of things they were saying about me. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, RebeccatheWriter said:

So maybe this is the heathen in me, but who else saw and was disturbed Erin's video with Carson praying? Half of the prayer was about hoping God took Granny (Kelly) first. Kelly even had to step in and answer questions about whether or not she was sick. That just doesn't seem to be something that a 5 year old child should be that concerned over at his age. If I was Kelly Jo, I'd be asking Erin what sort of things they were saying about me. 

Yeah, that's a weird thing for a five year old to be concerned about. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Five year olds, the more precocious ones or the ones who have lost relatives can become a bit pre-occupied with death.  Both of my grandkids have done this.  One of them piped up with great-grandma is getting near her expiration date.  They lost one great-grandma a few years ago and that has lead to continuing questions.  The grandson's ancestor project set off a lot of questioning by both of them about who was deceased, when, why, and how long people lived, and why people died.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Absolom said:

Five year olds, the more precocious ones or the ones who have lost relatives can become a bit pre-occupied with death.  Both of my grandkids have done this.  One of them piped up with great-grandma is getting near her expiration date.  They lost one great-grandma a few years ago and that has lead to continuing questions.  The grandson's ancestor project set off a lot of questioning by both of them about who was deceased, when, why, and how long people lived, and why people died.  

It isn't so much the thinking about death that got me in this. However, as far as family goes, he hasn't really had deaths in the family so much. It was the prioritization of Kelly Jo dying before anyone else. It just struck me as more odd than sweet. 

I realize that in their religion death (in conversation) is something they celebrate and preachers preach about going to heaven being the ultimate goal. It's just odd to me that a little boy who has little to no knowledge or experience in losing a loved one would focus his prayer on the concept. 

• Love 4

Maybe he has heard her express the fact that she hopes to die (go to heaven) before the others so that she doesn’t have to live on Earth without them and he just wants to make sure she gets her wish. 🙂

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Holland looks to me like one of those people who wears glasses all the time and then takes them off and looks weird. I don’t know why but she looks like she needs glasses.

• LOL 2
14 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

And she’s wearing almost as much eyeliner as JRod wears.

I used to assume that some of the girls' "choices when it came to makeup, hair, and clothes were based on their isolation. Alyssa would not have sported that near unibrow if she knew how and when to use some tweezers or wax. The jumpers were a result of Michaela learning to sew without knowing or being taught how to read a pattern. So every dress was a jumper that could double as a sack. Erin's hair that bordered on Gibson girl style was based on what she was exposed to musically and what she saw at a backwoods country church where women were getting perms even in the 2000s and jacking it to Jesus was the norm.

Their biggest outside the cult reference would be Kelly Jo pics from her high school and college days (1980s) where the makeup was heavier and the hair was over processed. Even their choices in styling items was probably limited to drug stores and the grocery store/Walmart. I guess we should be happy that none of them tried to sport the "Wet N Wild" blue eyeshadow, mascara, and eyeliner with the pink frost at the corners of the eyes. 

Now they are less isolated. Erin seems to try to express her individuality with her hair and makeup - usually overdoing it. We don't see her being as expressive with her clothing. She's still rocking the denim skirts with an oversized top. When pregnant she goes for the Kelly Jo fleece vest layer too. Tori seems to do this too, but her look in terms of makeup and hair has become softer and more subtle. Michaela seems to dress more for comfort, which I can appreciate.

I am not a size 2 and hate tighter, form fitting clothing. If you give me a business suit, I look like someone threw it at me. There is something about my shoulders that always make it look like I am playing dress up, plus my legs and arms are short in comparison to my torso. I'm not a slob, but I am also not a fan of spending hours getting ready. I still dress in my I'm late to class and was up to late last night look many days. When I do dress up and take time, people think someone died or I am on a job interview.  

The other girls are experimenting more with clothing, but also using more expensive products. While they now have that freedom, there are some real missteps. Josie's eyebrows can be way too thin and her makeup can wash her out while Alyssa's can be overly dark in comparison to her hair color. Katie needs to calm down on the bleach, as does Carlin.

Most of us make these mistakes in our pre-teens and early teens. I am not sharing my pics of mall bangs and glitter peace signs I used to draw on next to my eyes each morning. The bad news is that the Bates girls - much like they are about motherhood, being a wife, cooking, being an adult - didn't get that experimental time or time to figure out who they really are in the world outside their family. They didn't even really have other girls to emulate. (I wanted Tiffany's hair and Debbie Gibson's clothes.) Even for their own weddings, Kelly Jo talks about splurging and going to the nail salon in the shopping center. 

Since the show likes to show the Bates kids getting to try new things, maybe a spa day with individual consultations would be a good "story." 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Temperance said:

New dramatic post from Erin and Chad on Instagram. It annoys me to no end when people say something has happened but won't say what. 

Plus the moody silhouetted pic of them. Those posts are simply about attention and engagement from their fans. Now they get to bask in the endless questions of what is wrong before revealing whatever happened and getting comments on that too. 

• Love 6