Type keyword(s) to search

Erin and Chad: Fifty Shades of Pink

• Start Topic

On 6/14/2019 at 3:03 PM, RebeccatheWriter said:

The Bates show has glossed over it somewhat, but it would be interesting to know what they think regarding Kelton's mother dying as she did. Perhaps it will be addressed as they focus on Josie Balka's pregnancy.  

I’m interested in what Josie & Kelton will do. Home birth (but his mother!), birthing center (like Alyssa, who everyone says is similar to Josie) or hospital (like Erin & Tori). 

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, Dmarie019 said:

Is Erin's condition one that she will have forever or can it eventually go away? 

It's a permanent thing.

In other news, both she and Whitney are having girls. Erin's girl is Holland Grace.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 2

Erin & Chad are currently stacking children like cordwood...they are about to be four deep in one tiny little bed room. Where will they put the next one? You know she’ll produce #5. next year. 

Her room is cute for a neutral children’s room but I wouldn’t dream of putting anymore than 2 in there! Kids can certainly share but I’m wondering how many they plan to pack in before God tells them to find a bigger living space... 

• Love 3
18 minutes ago, floridamom said:

It's good to see this thread moving again....great comments. Sad for those kids to be packed in that room like sardines. They need to move to a larger place with more bedrooms now.

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they keep wasting money renovating and redecorating a rental instead of putting it towards a mortgage. Neither Chad nor Erin seem particularly bright when it comes to finances and life planning.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 8

Maybe their landlord gives them a discount on their rent in return for all the renovations Chad does.  But honestly, aside from painting, and changing light fixtures which we took with us when we left, we didn't sink any money into our first apartment.  We had a horrible kitchen floor, we asked the landlord to replace it, and when he said no we just dealt with it.

I just can't figure out how Chad and Erin can afford a new baby every  year plus all of the redecorating, clothes, and trips they take, especially since he quit his job and started his business.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Maybe their landlord gives them a discount on their rent in return for all the renovations Chad does.  But honestly, aside from painting, and changing light fixtures which we took with us when we left, we didn't sink any money into our first apartment.  We had a horrible kitchen floor, we asked the landlord to replace it, and when he said no we just dealt with it.

I just can't figure out how Chad and Erin can afford a new baby every  year plus all of the redecorating, clothes, and trips they take, especially since he quit his job and started his business.

I really can't figure it out either. Just the basics, four kids, two adults, however many pets they have now, trips, clothes, redecorating, whatever their paying for Erin's doctor appointments and delivery, and those shots they have to pay for each pregnancy. 

Edited by andromeda331
  • Love 3
On 8/11/2019 at 2:37 PM, IndianPaintbrush said:

Are they putting the newborn crib in the same room with 3 toddlers? I don't have kids, but putting the crib in Mom & Dad's room seems more logical.

Apparently, Chad built a bunk bed with a trundle under it for Carson, Brooklyn, and Everly. Toys for all the kids fit in one tiny box and the ladder thing is actually used. 

Erin has said in previous Instastories that they get a discount for "improvements" they make to the house they rent. She said they will move when they find the perfect piece of land they can afford and Chad can build the house. 

Edited by RebeccatheWriter
  • Useful 1
On 8/28/2019 at 4:43 PM, RebeccatheWriter said:

Apparently, Chad built a bunk bed with a trundle under it for Carson, Brooklyn, and Everly. Toys for all the kids fit in one tiny box and the ladder thing is actually used. 

Erin has said in previous Instastories that they get a discount for "improvements" they make to the house they rent. She said they will move when they find the perfect piece of land they can afford and Chad can build the house. 

As someone who’s house is way too big for my family, I think this is smart. 

59 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Everything is always more work for Chad.

That poor guy is digging himself an early grave.

IMO, they should've taken out a mortgage on a little fixer-upper back when Chad had steady income at the metals shop. They could've been building equity for the past five years rather than dump time and labor into a house for someone else to turn a profit. 

• Love 8
On 8/11/2019 at 3:05 PM, BitterApple said:

For the life of me, I can't figure out why they keep wasting money renovating and redecorating a rental instead of putting it towards a mortgage. Neither Chad nor Erin seem particularly bright when it comes to finances and life planning.

I agree and can't believe they are renting.  This is Tennessee and out in the country.  Homes can't be that expensive and they do get regular checks from TLC? 

I wonder what the real story is?  Maybe FREE RENT for maintenance or maybe it's daddy Bates home they are wink, wink, RENTING!

• Useful 2
  • Love 3

Aside from the church, which I think he owns, I don't think Gil invests in real estate. They don't make anywhere close to TLC money, and that pie has to be split a number of ways.

That's likely why Chad and Erin are still renting. Unlike her siblings with houses, they also want land. I don't think UP and whatever income Chad is bringing in would cover a mortgage for what they want. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
49 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Aside from the church, which I think he owns, I don't think Gil invests in real estate. They don't make anywhere close to TLC money, and that pie has to be split a number of ways.

That's likely why Chad and Erin are still renting. Unlike her siblings with houses, they also want land. I don't think UP and whatever income Chad is bringing in would cover a mortgage for what they want. 

I don't either. He hasn't even been in construction that long. A couple years maybe? Then he opened his own business. If they had been smart they would have bought something while he was working at the metal place. Also he would have started working in construction as a side business until he built up enough hours or jobs to switch to full time. It doesn't sound like he did that that episode a year or so back when they were flipping that house or he was learning to flip Chad said he had a lot to learn. Chad seems to be a hard worker but they both don't really seem to make smart decisions. Unless Erin's making all the decisions and he's just going along with it. Which could be the case. They live in a small house but soon to have six people living there. They adopted a puppy when Erin was pregnant with Brooklyn, then two goats after Brooklyn was born. Then Chad leaves his steady job sometime after that I don't remember if it was before or after she was pregnant with Everly. But they've added her and now will add a fourth kid. And one every year. They can't be getting that much from UP its a small network and they're not the only ones on the show. UP has to be paying her parents, Zach and Whitney, Carlin and Evan, Tori and Bobby, Josie and Kelton, Alyssa and John, and Michael and Brandon. And possibly the other adult but not married Bates. There's no way their getting a ton of money from the show.  Zach and Whitney seemed to have gone the smarter route waited until he was working steady as a cop and her as realtor before they bought their house. By that point they either had savings built up and/or steady jobs to afford it. Then did most of the repairs themselves. Its hard to see that Chad and Erin are saving anything.   

• Love 5

I agree about lack of a nestegg. Erin seems to spend frivolously on her ongoing decorating projects on top of clothing and feeding a family of five. Not to mention their frequent vacations to Florida and recent trip to OK for Chad's sister's wedding. Chad can't be making *that* good of a living. 

• Love 5

Just reading around the net.

Chad is making pretty good money and Erin put herself through college teaching piano.  She has three albums.  Both of them have reality show parents.

I think they have enough money to buy a house out in the country but for some reason choose not to!

3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Chad's family isn't on TV. And UP doesn't pay like TLC. I doubt Chad is clearing more than 50k, and that's bring generous.

Chads dad was a reality star and his mother a music artist!  Charles and Tammy Paine.

19 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I agree and can't believe they are renting.  This is Tennessee and out in the country.  Homes can't be that expensive and they do get regular checks from TLC? 

I wonder what the real story is?  Maybe FREE RENT for maintenance or maybe it's daddy Bates home they are wink, wink, RENTING!

I just read somewhere recently that they found a property and are looking in to it...I know she asked for prayer about it...I think they have the money..they just want to pay cash..

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Jeanne222 said:

I did a Google search and that popped up!

Link? I Googled Charles and Tammy Paine, and just got the usual Fundie Wiki links... nothing about being a reality star.

However, when I Googled Charles Paine, Google assumed I wanted "Charles Payne," who is apparently the host of FOX's Making Money. Don't think he's Chad's father, though...

image.png.f6d05ddb9d29c45fe6729af050338f01.png

• LOL 10
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Link? I Googled Charles and Tammy Paine, and just got the usual Fundie Wiki links... nothing about being a reality star.

However, when I Googled Charles Paine, Google assumed I wanted "Charles Payne," who is apparently the host of FOX's Making Money. Don't think he's Chad's father, though...

image.png.f6d05ddb9d29c45fe6729af050338f01.png

No that's not him.  lol.  I did a search last night and what I posted popped up.  I have looked everywhere today and can find nothing.  Sorry.

1 minute ago, Jeanne222 said:

No that's not him.  lol.  I did a search last night and what I posted popped up.  I have looked everywhere today and can find nothing.  Sorry.

Well darn...found it. 

Chad Paine Biography - Affair, Married, Husband, Ethnicity, Salary ...

https://marriedbiography.com › chad-paine-biography

Oct 17, 2018 - His dad was a reality star while his mother was a music artist. His siblings are Tabitha Robertson, Thomas, Nate, Hannah, Abby, Brielle, Josiah, Danny, and Johnny Paine. His parents homeschooled all their children.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&ei=wlJsXafYCpDmsAWS_q7gCQ&q=Chad+Paine's+dad+was+a+reality+star+and+his+mother+a+music+artist!&oq=Chad+Paine's+dad+was+a+reality+star+and+his+mother+a+music+artist!&gs_l=psy-ab.12...18479.22471..25416...0.2..0.100.828.8j1......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71.Peu4-VotfHc&ved=0ahUKEwinwa2O4rDkAhUQM6wKHRK_C5wQ4dUDCAo

They’ve said before that they won’t take on a mortgage and will only buy in cash. They had an episode once where they looked at “fixer uppers” in the country with land which Chad could fix (and were in their price range). Folks — we’re talking homes in the rural Tenn countryside that seem to have been abandoned 20-50 yrs ago; some looked like they should be condemned and I’m not sure how they withstand thunderstorm force winds.

When it became clear to Princess Erin that this isn’t the type of home where you move in while your handyman husband redoes a bathroom or rips out wallpaper, she made some comment about how Chad would have to work fast as they will have bought the home while still paying for their rental. Chad — aging in dog years + feeling the financial pressure — made a non joking “joke” about how they could live with Gil and Kelly while he made a home habitable, hoping Princess Erin would say yes to ease the burden on him. Princess Erin who seems not to notice that her husband is the oldest 32 yr old ever shot that down in a millisecond and basically insinuated that he he’d have to figure out how to make the purchase + rental + reno work. Alas they find themselves in a 2 bed with 4 kids with at least one on a pullout on the floor . . . .

• Love 3
9 hours ago, cereality said:

They’ve said before that they won’t take on a mortgage and will only buy in cash. They had an episode once where they looked at “fixer uppers” in the country with land which Chad could fix (and were in their price range). Folks — we’re talking homes in the rural Tenn countryside that seem to have been abandoned 20-50 yrs ago; some looked like they should be condemned and I’m not sure how they withstand thunderstorm force winds.

I remember that episode well. It wasn't like they actually made an effort to look at or price the houses. Most adults would have sat down and looked at the numbers versus their own budget and decided how long it would take to afford what they wanted. This was more driving around to pick which area and house they liked best. I did that as a child with my aunt, as she would drive me through some of the nicest areas of Atlanta and we would pick which houses we would buy. I was 10 years old and it was all pipe dreams where we would imagine living in these Buckhead mansions. 

My parents helped me with the down payment for my first place, but I spent a long time looking at budgets and trying to decide where I could cut back to afford something I wanted. I had my jar for loose change and dollars. I did not eat out. I debated if I could afford something with two bathrooms or if resale would kill me on that. I got a fixer upper and lived in limited rooms at a time while I did the renovations (hired help because I have no skills). 

I'm now looking at moving again and accepting a new job. I am searching the internet a lot for houses and have the same process of distinguishing want versus need. My biggest frivolous thing I have done is that I am buying a new place before selling my current one. I don't want to live where people are walking through and seeing all my stuff. But I have budgeted for that and will be fine. 

• Love 6

Anyone know when the new episodes will air? I guess it's technically the second part of season 8? I don't get the UP network so I'm forced to purchase on amazon or seek it out free somewhere online. 

I finally got to watch the new season promos and dear lord... Erin is just so CRINGE. She seems so fakey and try hard. Everything is just too much with her. Something about her personality  irks me. LOL. Definitely not my favorite Bates. 

• Love 3
22 hours ago, LongDenimFrumper said:

Anyone know when the new episodes will air? I guess it's technically the second part of season 8? I don't get the UP network so I'm forced to purchase on amazon or seek it out free somewhere online. 

I finally got to watch the new season promos and dear lord... Erin is just so CRINGE. She seems so fakey and try hard. Everything is just too much with her. Something about her personality  irks me. LOL. Definitely not my favorite Bates. 

I believe it is the second part of season 8.

Erin does seem very fake to me. Carlin is a newer version of her with the attention seeking, camera finding, everything is the best or worst ever, etc. I'm not sure if they are like that in real life, but if they are, it must be exhausting to be around. They both flatter rather than compliment and seem very focused on appearances. 

I blame the producers from the first season for much of it, as they repeated a lot of the same focus on her over and over again. Not taking away from her early struggles with miscarriages, etc., but every interview they did with her was on that subject. It was the focus of every discussion with her when they were prepping Whitney's baby shower. It was the focus when Alyssa announced her pregnancy. If they showed her at home with Chad, it was discussed how they thought they would have kids by now. I understand infertility and the struggle with miscarriages, but I think that the show's producers made it so that was her one and only focus, leaving her very two dimensional and flat. 

There was such a sharp contrast to how she had been portrayed by the TLC version of the show and news magazine edits. In those she was much more independent of her family and not seen around the little kids as much as Michael was/is or even Alyssa. Where the older girls had household chores like cleaning, cooking, and raising kids, she was teaching piano lessons one on one. It stands out now because she is coming off different about children, home life, etc. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I mentioned this elsewhere, but Erin is officially due December 27th. However apparently all of her other children were born 3 weeks to a month earlier and she used the hashtagNovemberbabies on a photo of herself with Whitney. 

• Love 2
45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Welcome to the world, Holland. You're only going to have about a month of Mommy's undivided attention before she starts itching for the next blessing, so enjoy it while it lasts. 

Don't out grow any of your clothes or bows, as mama will see that as a sign she needs more. No doubt she's already thinking they need another boy after three girls. 

• Love 2

Well, when they found out Everly was a girl, Chad said that Carson needs a brother. Why is it always Erin's fault that she's pregnant and not Chad's? Chad could do something to prevent it, and he's the headship. They both deserve credit for bringing new life into the world.

As for Erin, I am a little annoyed at how blasé Erin is that her babies are always a month early. Yes I know she can't help it, but really? I've had two friends whose babies were a month early and both babies did NICU time. It was somewhat tramatic for the parents involved. A month premature is still premature, even if it's only a little. 

Edited by Temperance
grammar errors
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Temperance said:

Well, Chad said when they found out Everly was a girl, Chad said that Carson needs a brother. Why is it always Erin's fault that she's pregnant and not Chad's? Chad could do something to prevent it, and he's the headship. They both deserve credit for bringing new life into the world.

As for Erin, I am a little annoyed at blasé Erin is that her babies are always a month early. Yes I know she can't help it, but really? I've had two friends whose babies were a month early and both babies did NICU time. It was somewhat tramatic for the parents involved. A month premature is still premature, even if it's only a little. 

It isn't only Erin's fault. It takes two to tango. HOWEVER, Chad is not talking about wanting babies in every other talking head on the show. He's not the one being vocal about wanting more, more, more. He's not the one who had two in diapers and commented multiple times that she wanted a baby to hold. You are right though, I hold Chad accountable too, though he does have the good sense most of the time to look horrified when she mentions wanting more. 

Erin's clotting condition requires her to deliver somewhat early under Dr. Vick. He's said in the past that there is a bit of a timing issue to make sure that she is off the blood thinners early enough to prevent uncontrollable bleeding during delivery and yet late enough not to cause an issue with the unborn baby. While she does tend to go early, there is a plan in place that she would be induced before 40 weeks as part of the plan with the medication. 

They all have that blasé attitude about child birth in general. Her condition, though not as horrible as some women have issues, could be fatal for either her or the baby if there was a miscalculation and she stayed on the blood thinners too long or was in some sort of accident situation that had her bleeding. It's sad to think how they appear to brush such concerns aside as minor and continue to tempt fate.  I remember when Josie Duggar was born, Kelly Jo Bates made comments about how this was God's design and trusting God. There were also comments made about how Michelle's life had been at risk with pre-eclampsia and that was how God wanted it - every mother to risk her life to bring forth more children. 

At some point they should actually acknowledge the risks and dangers, but that's not who they are on the outside. 

• Love 9